In the United States, Costco cakes will need to be ordered in store. You can request a cake by going to the store and filling out a copy of the Costco cake order form 2019. In the United Kingdom and Australia, customers can order online but they will need to order at least 24 hours in advance to get a custom Costco cake designed in time.
How do i pre order Costco cake?
We ask that you order at your local Costco warehouse’s bakery, as we don’t provide online cake-ordering options. Please keep in mind that you’ll need to complete an order form, and our bakers require a two-day notice—this is all to ensure that you’re getting exactly what you want!
What kind of cake does Costco have?
There are only two flavors offered.
You can either order what Costco refers to as a white cake—a.k.a. vanilla—or a chocolate cake. The former is a vanilla sheet cake filled with vanilla cheesecake mousse that’s iced with white buttercream.
How much is a Costco sheet cake 2021?
According to the Instagram account Costco Connoisseur, which posts about products sold at the warehouse club, the cakes are available by special order only for $19.99. The cakes come in vanilla and chocolate.
How much is a sheet cake from Costco?
You can buy a half-sheet cake at Costco for $19.99, and it can serve up to 48 people per cake. This is cheap already, but it’s an even better deal when you look at the prices for other stores. Just compare to BJ’s and Walmart at roughly $25 for a half-sheet cake, and you can easily see the winner here.
Do you have to be a member of Costco to order a cake?
Anyone with a card can bring up to two guests to the Warehouse during each visit. Keep in mind that purchasing items is exclusive to Costco members. To buy most goods, you must be a member (with a few big exceptions that I’ll cover) or have a member make the purchase on your behalf.
How big is a Costco sheet cake?
Compared to one of the 10-inch round cakes, which only feeds up to a dozen for more than half the price, there is no comparison — the half-sheet’s 12 x 16 inches of fluffy frosted goodness comes out on top (or on plate) every time.
Does Costco have small cakes?
Costco listened… sort of. There’s now a pack of mini cakes on sale in this popular flavor.
Do you have to refrigerate Costco cake?
Kept in the fridge, cake with buttercream or ganache topping will last for 3-4 days. If the cake has custard, cream, cream cheese, or fresh fruit, it will last 1-2 days at most. If your cake has cream cheese frosting, then refrigerate for 1-2 days at most and then allow to come up to room temperature before serving.
Is Costco cake good?
Costco sheet cakes are a fantastic value, and you certainly get your money’s worth. For one thing, they’re freaking huge. A half sheet cake weighs in at about nine and a half pounds and is said to serve 48 people.
Will Costco write on cakes?
What is this? When you’re placing an order for your Costco cake, you’ll be able to choose your cake’s size, custom design, and pick-up date and time. During the order process, you can also add an optional message to write on the cake and choose cake decorations from your bakery’s list of available options.
How long will a Costco cake last?
Unless it is a fruit cake, no regular cake will last 2 months even in a fridge. To keep it fresh and good for that long, it need to be properly package and freeze in a freezer. If your cake is a Twinkie, then it might last a lot longer than 2 months without a fridge.
Does Costco make round cakes?
Costco 10″ Round White Birthday Cake.
Did Costco stop selling sheet cakes?
Despite this and the efforts of loyal Costco customers, the company doubled down on their decision to no longer sell the sheet cakes at this time, confirming this in a statement to USA Today. Instead, they’re encouraging people to opt for the round, 10-inch cakes available at store bakeries.
How big is a sheet cake?
Cake sizes are named after the sheet pan that the cake is baked in. A full-size commercial sheet cake pan is 18×24 or 18×26 inches in size. A half-sheet is half that size, and a quarter-sheet or 9×13-inch pan, which usually results in 16 to 24 servings of cake, is one-quarter the size.
How much is a full sheet cake?
|1/2 Sheet-1 Layer||25-30 Med. or 48 Small Servings||$40.99|
|1/2 Sheet-2 Layer||40-50 Med. or 96 Small Servings||$64.99|
|Full Sheet-1 Layer||50-60 Med. or 96 Small Servings||$85.99|
|Full Sheet-2 Layer||85-100 Med or 180 Small Servings||$152.99|
How much does cake cost at Costco?
On average, a Costco half sheet cake will cost $19. This is the price regardless of how you customize it at a local Costco store. According to this blog post on He and She Eat Clean, she tells us how to order a cake from Costco and mentions it will cost $18.99 and also includes what an order form looks like.
Where can I order Costco cakes?
I found this on the Costco website “We ask that you order at your local Costco warehouse’s bakery, as we don’t provide online cake-ordering options. Please keep in mind that you’ll need to complete an order form, and our bakers require a two-day notice—this is all to ensure that you’re getting exactly what you want!”
Do you have to order Costco birthday cakes in advance?
You can request a cake by going to the store and filling out a copy of the Costco cake order form 2019. In the United Kingdom and Australia, customers can order online but they will need to order at least 24 hours in advance to get a custom Costco cake designed in time. However, please note that many stores prefer a three-days advance notice.
10 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Costco Cake
As a result of Costco’s free samples and dirt-cheap wine stealing the show, the big-box store’s sheet cakes get lost in the mix. But if you look a little closer, you’ll see a group of buyers who are completely smitten with the cakes available for purchase in the bakery aisle. Here’s what you need to know before you decide to become one of the groupies.
1. They’re insanely cheap.
Ordering a half-sheet cake from Costco will cost you less than 20 dollars—$18.99, to be exact.You’d be hard pressed to find a better deal even if you built it yourself.It also outperforms the competition: BJ’s Wholesale Club, another big-box retailer, sells a similar-sized cake for $24, while Walmart’s cake costs almost $25.
- Costco removed them from their shelves in 2020, therefore you may have to ask for them or place an order ahead of time if you want them.
2. Costco cakes feed so many people.
It is possible to serve up to 48 people with just one of Costco’s half-sheet cakes. That implies that once the cuts are done and the pieces are distributed, you will have spent just 39 cents per person.
3. One Costco cake weighs more than a newborn.
If you were to put your half-sheet cake on a scale, it would weigh around nine and a half pounds, according to the manufacturer. According to the order sheet from Costco, two of those pounds are the mousse filling for the cake.
4. There are only two flavors offered.
You have the option of ordering either a white cake (often known as vanilla cake) or a chocolate cake from Costco.The first is a vanilla sheet cake filled with vanilla cheesecake mousse and frosted with white buttercream.The second is a chocolate sheet cake filled with chocolate cheesecake mousse and decorated with chocolate buttercream.
- The latter is a chocolate rendition of the former, consisting of a chocolate sheet cake, chocolate mousse filling, and chocolate buttercream frosting.
5. Customers used to have more options.
When I was younger, you could get a carrot cake sheet cake from Costco that was filled with apricot mousse and iced with cream cheese frosting that had slivered almonds on top. If you travel outside of the United States, you can find even more options. For example, Costco Australia offers you to combine a raspberry filling with either chocolate or vanilla sponge cake.
6. You can take a Costco cake home on the spot.
Costco’s bakery department is always stocked with ready-made sheet cakes, some of which are plain, some of which are decorated with birthday greetings, and others which are decorated with festive patterns during the holidays.
7. But custom orders require advance planning.
Give bakers a day or two notice if you want them to create anything unique for you, such as an elaborate pattern or a personalized message.
8. Bakers can decorate in more than two dozen ways.
There are over 30 different designs to pick from on the sheet cake order form. While there are the traditional methods to frost sheets cakes—with balloons or flowers—there are also some more unusual options like a pirate ship, skateboard, or a party owl…whatever that means in this context.
9. The dinosaur design was part of a scandal.
According to The Inquisitr, a lady complained that the dinosaur on her child’s birthday cake had only three legs, each of which looked like the number ″6.″ The article was published in 2015.She said that the bakers had placed the satanic ″666″ message in the cake on purpose to deceive people.Upon further investigation, it was discovered that the article in question had been authored by the mother in issue’s boyfriend, and the Costco store at the core of the story acknowledged that no complaints had ever been received.
10. They’re the perfect blank slate.
Costco’s sheet cakes might appear to be quite plain no matter how you cut them, which has led to a slew of at-home bakers creating their own variations.You may get a cake that has simply been frosted with a base layer and then decorate it at home to your liking.Sarah Weinberg is a writer and editor based in New York City.
- Editor-in-Chief The deputy editor at Delish, Sarah Weinberg has previously worked as a food and travel journalist for a variety of magazines, including Food Network Magazine and Country Living.
- Felicia LaLomia’s full name is Felicia LaLomia.
- Deputy Food & Culture Editor Felicia LaLomia is the Deputy Food & Culture Editor of Delish.com.
- This material was generated and maintained by a third party and imported onto this website in order to assist users in providing their email addresses for further consideration.
- You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
Are half-sheet cakes back at Costco? There are reports the popular cakes are back at some clubs
Are Costco’s famed half-sheet cakes once again available for purchase?There are allegations that the desserts have reappeared to select stores over two months after the business removed them due to the coronavirus epidemic.However, there has been a significant modification in the sweets.
- A Costco Connoisseur Instagram account, which writes about items offered at the warehouse club, says the cakes can only be ordered on a one-time basis for $19.99 and are only available by special order.
- The cakes are available in two flavors: vanilla and chocolate.
- Cake ordering stations were located in warehouse sites in Santa Clara and San Jose, according to NBC Bay Area, a California television station, which reported the discovery on Tuesday.
- Costco personnel, however, confirmed to USA TODAY on Wednesday that the cakes had not been returned.
- Starbucks Rewards will be updated in the near future: During the autumn, Starbucks intends to upgrade its rewards program, which will include new methods to purchase and receive free beverages.
- Amazon boxes have a variety of new applications: Amazon presents boxes that can be recycled to make cat houses, forts, and other unique constructions, among other things.
- ″As of right now, we are not selling our 1/2 Sheet Cakes in any US locations, and we have no immediate plans to bring them back,″ the business said in a statement on Wednesday.
- ″Currently, we are not selling our 1/2 Sheet Cakes in any US locations,″ the company said in a statement.
- Currently, we are concentrating on our smaller 10″ White & 10″ Chocolate Cakes, which are proving to be popular with our members.
- Costco’s response was practically verbatim with the one it sent to USA TODAY in June of this year.
- Early in May, a Facebook post advertising circular graduation cakes for Costco customers became the first to publicize the change.
- Many people pleaded with Costco to reconsider the decision, and they stated that the sheet cakes froze well.
- ″Please bring back the sheet cakes, even if it’s simply for preordering purposes alone.
- The circular tables are not large enough to accommodate larger families ″Costco’s Facebook post received a response from one of its members.
- ″Our grocery store cakes are good, but they’re not as wonderful as Costco cakes.″ Costco responded to comments on the May Facebook post by stating that the sheet cakes are no longer available for special order and providing an explanation for the decision to discontinue the cakes.
- According to Costco, ″in order to assist in limiting personal touch and creating greater room for social distance, Costco has curtailed service in several categories.″ A petition on Change.org was established a month ago, requesting that the cake be returned.
- As of Wednesday night, 570 individuals had signed the petition.
- ″Bring back the delicious half-sheet cakes from Costco, please!
There will never be another birthday or special event quite like it again ″According to the petition, ″It’s absolute perfection!″ Follow Kelly Tyko, a reporter for USA TODAY, on Twitter: @KellyTyko.
It’s hard to resist the appeal of Costco cakes. Just read this before you call to place an order!
When it comes to grocery shopping, Costco is unquestionably a fantastic fairy tale, considering that their pricing (as well as their goods) are incomparably lower than those of rival supermarket chains.Aside from the numerous Costco buying ideas that might help you save money, we’ve discovered another one you’re sure to appreciate: purchasing Costco cakes.Here’s everything you need to know about Costco before you go!
The Price Is Right
It costs $19.99 to purchase a half-sheet cake at Costco, and each cake can feed up to 48 people.This is already a good offer, but when you compare it to the costs at other retailers, it becomes an even better deal.Simply comparing the price of a half-sheet cake at BJ’s Wholesale Club versus Walmart, you can see who comes out on top in this contest.
- Costco offers a wide variety of high-quality products at a significantly lower price than other warehouse and retail stores.
- It’s no surprise that we keep returning for their incredible Costco finds.
Costco Cakes Feed a Lot of People
Can you predict how many there are? It is possible to feed a staggering 48 people with the half-sheet cake we indicated above. While that may only cover approximately a third of my mother’s enormous family, it will most certainly suffice for a large number of smaller gatherings and get-togethers. It’s kind of like a surprise birthday party, you know?
There Are Only Two Flavors
It is possible for humans to be quite basic beings, and having too many options might cause us to get anxious.Don’t get too worked up over it!Purchase a white vanilla half-sheet cake with vanilla cheesecake mousse and white buttercream frosting from Costco, or a chocolate half-sheet cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream icing from Target.
- We can vouch for the fact that both are unquestionably tasty.
You Don’t Have to Preorder Costco Cakes
We’ve all experienced the terror of rushing to the shop in search of a last-minute birthday cake for someone. I’m certain I have! Knowing that you can walk out with a half-sheet cake right away is one of the best parts about coming to Costco. On rare occasions, you could even get lucky and come across a delicious Costco tiramisu cake.
But You Can Place Custom Orders
People who want to plan ahead can place a personalized order for Costco cakes from the bakery by calling beforehand. Make sure to allow them ample time, which should be approximately 2-3 days or more, to do the task. Costco provides a variety of options for you, whether you want to include adorable photos or particular messages.
Bakers Will Decorate Costco Cakes
On the sheet cake custom order sheet, you can choose from one of 30 possible designs. You may purchase anything you desire, whether it’s conventional celebratory balloons for a graduation party or a patriotic American flag for a patriotic holiday celebration.
You Can Decorate the Cake Yourself
Costco cakes are, in fact, the perfect canvas for your creativity. The sight of perfectly written cakes is impressive, but we like the thought of adding a handcrafted touch to an otherwise store-bought delicacy. Learn how to write on a cake by following these simple guidelines!
Can You Shop at Costco without a Membership? Yes! Here is How (2022)
- If you are not one to compromise on food quality (like I am), but you are still on the lookout for a good price, the chances are excellent that you already have a Costco membership. You should carefully consider it if you don’t already have one. To demonstrate this, take a look at some of the Costco pricing that I mentioned in my top warehouse discounts post in comparison to Trader Joe’s, which is widely considered to be more affordable: Trader Joe’s organic quinoa costs $3.49 per pound, while Kirkland organic quinoa costs $2.66 per pound (compared to $3.49/lb at Trader Joe’s)
- organic frozen broccoli costs $5.99 per pound, while Trader Joe’s organic frozen broccoli costs $2.49 per pound (compared to $2.49/lb at Trader Joe’s)
- Kirkland walnuts cost $9.99 per pound, while Trader Joe’s walnuts cost $7.
The Kirkland brand of dog and cat food was the subject of an extensive essay in which I compared it to similar items from other companies and discovered that the costs were a third to half the price of comparable brands per pound.Let me give you an example of the tremendous bargain that Costco can provide: Costco pricing are frequently anywhere from 15 to 50 percent lower than those available at Trader Joe’s – with much greater savings when compared to other grocery stores.Costco membership is not required.
- It’s not an apples-to-apples comparison because Costco has a restricted number of SKUs and the things you purchase are frequently in large numbers (sometimes in quantities that no normal human family can finish before going bad).
- Despite this, there are some excellent bargains to be grabbed..
The Cost of a Costco Membership
There is a cost associated with gaining access to that level of pricing.Costco memberships range from $60 (Standard Gold Star) to $120 (Executive Platinum Star) (for Gold Star Executive, which comes with a 2 percent cashback rebate each year).Those costs are not inconsequential in any way.
- It just so happens that this is how Costco generates a significant portion of its revenues.
- In fact, according to Costco’s 2021 annual report, membership fees from over 105 million members throughout the world account for 78 percent of the company’s net profits.
- Costco’s markups on food prices are razor thin, which is to the benefit of the company’s customers.
- The more food basics you purchase and consume from Costco, the greater your savings (just stay away from most of the other stuff).
- Is there a way to test the waters without having to commit to a $60 membership and instead only see whether it’s worth your while to join?
- It turns out that there are a few under-the-radar methods of shopping and purchasing at Costco that do not require a membership.
- Also, for those who are interested, I have since released a list of ways you may shop at Sam’s Club without having to purchase a membership (see also my Costco versus Sam’s Club comparison for more information).
Is there a Free Costco Membership or Trial?
If you want to stroll up to the entrance of Costco and go in and buy anything you want there is no such thing as a free Costco membership, free Costco shopping pass, free Day Pass, free Trial Pass, free Guest Pass, free Trial Membership or any other trial period.If, on the other hand, you merely want to take a look around and see what the business has to offer, you are welcome to come in and wander about and look.When I visit a Costco, I have never been requested to display my membership card, despite the fact that they have greeters who appear to be there to urge you to do so.
- When it comes to Costco, if you’re worried about walking in without a membership card but know someone who is, you may take advantage of the warehouse’s guest policy, which stipulates that anybody with a card can bring up to two visitors during each visit.
- Keep in mind that Costco members are the only ones who may purchase things from the warehouse club.
- Most products may only be purchased by members (with a few notable exceptions that I’ll discuss later) or by having a member make the purchase on your behalf.
- Of course, you might not feel comfortable asking for anything like that, and the member could become tired of hearing it.
- There is an other route…
- The following is the Costco return policy regarding membership fee refunds: We provide a risk-free, 100-percent money-back guarantee.
- Membership: If you are not happy with your membership, we will cancel it and return your membership cost at any time.
- Consequently, you may pay your membership price, give it a trial run, and if you feel that it isn’t providing you with as much value as you would want – you could ask for a refund.
You can do so at any time by visiting a Costco membership counter.If you simply want to get into Costco and wander around to check what they have to offer, price, and all that nice stuff – but you don’t know a member who you would feel comfortable accompanying you – what do you do in that situation?
Buying Alcohol at Costco without Membership
Even though I was unable to locate any official Costco statement on the subject, it appears from my investigation that Costco permits the sale of alcoholic beverages to non-members (of legal drinking age, of course).In fact, the inspiration for this essay came from a chat with someone who had done just that and had informed me about the exception, which I had not previously known about.The specifics of this regulation may differ from state to state, but as far as I can determine, it is consistent across the country.
- Is there any legislation governing the selling of alcoholic beverages in the context of this Costco policy?
- I’m not really certain.
- More information about this policy may be found in my piece on the Costco alcohol price list.
- Having purchased alcohol from Costco, I can attest to the great bargains that can be found there.
- For $23.99, you can get a 24-pack case of pint-sized Guinness cans.
- Yes, without a doubt.
- For $20, you can get 1.75 liters of Kirkland brand Canadian whisky.
- Please accept my request.
If you inform the Costco door attendant that you are come to purchase alcoholic beverages, they should allow you to enter the store.And once you’re inside, you may have a look around and see what you can find.
Buying Prescriptions & Immunizations at Costco Pharmacy without Membership
The selling of prescription drugs, like the sale of alcoholic beverages, is heavily controlled.And Costco and other membership businesses must ensure that all customers, regardless of their membership status, have equitable access to and price for prescription drugs.Simply inform the door attendant that you are a non-member who want to pick up a prescription from the pharmacy.
- That should be sufficient to get you in the door.
- And, by the way, medicines at the Costco Pharmacy are really reasonably priced.
- In addition, they provide medications for pets.
- Costco is the cheapest place to get our dog’s insulin, and we’ve looked at more than a dozen other options.
- Costco even offers the most affordable flu vaccines for folks who do not have health insurance (all insurance plans must now cover flu shots).
- You may purchase vaccines from Costco even if you do not have a membership.
- What about alcohol and drugs?
- What could possibly go wrong?
Free Costco Health Screenings without a Membership
In addition to providing free health and wellness exams to members and nonmembers, Costco pharmacies provide a number of other services. The following is a schedule of Costco health exams organized by location. Please keep in mind that these have been postponed, at least temporarily, as a result of COVID-19.
Using Costco Optical Services without a Membership
Costco Optical is a place where you may obtain an eye checkup without having a membership. Costco membership, on the other hand, is required in order to purchase glasses and/or contacts.
Get Food from the Costco Food Court without a Membership
Several websites have advised that you may obtain meals from the Costco food court restaurant even if you do not have a membership, however this is only true if the food court is located outside.This isn’t correct at all.Because anybody may get access to a Costco for a number of reasons, anyone can eat at one of the Costco food courts, which can be found both outside and indoors.
- If you are not a Costco member, you will need cash to pay at the Costco Cafe, so bring cash with you.
- In addition, it appears that a handful of Costco locations have recently implemented kiosk payment in their food courts.
- Despite the fact that the Costco restaurant offers excellent value, the menu is often restricted to hot dogs/sausages, drinks, pizza (including rotisserie chicken), sundaes (including frozen yogurt), and frozen yogurt.
- It is not a health spa in the traditional sense.
Non-Members Can Purchase from Costco.com (with a 5% Surcharge)
Anytime, non-members are welcome to make purchases through Costco’s official website, Costco.com.On the negative side, if you are not a member, you will be charged a 5 percent extra over the listed pricing for members, which is a significant amount of money (except for prescription drugs).The reason for this is that our ability to provide cheap rates on name-brand products is largely due to our membership program, which is designed to reward members for their continued support.
- This does not include Costco ″member-exclusive″ products, which may only be purchased by those who have a Costco membership.
- In addition, as compared to the warehouse, the food selection on Costco.com is restricted.
- As for reduced costs on a lot of things at the warehouse, I can confirm that they are lower than on Costco.com, at least in my experience.
The Costco Shop Card (Gift Card) Can be Used by Non-Members
Costco also offers a ″Costco Shop Card,″ which is a cash card (a fancy term for a gift card) that may be used to pay for purchases.A Costco Shop Card allows anybody who is not a member to enter the store and make a purchase by showing the card.With the Costco cash card, the gimmick is that it can only be obtained by Costco members themselves.
- Having to rely on another member once again makes you a bit of a moocher, and it increases fees for everyone who purchases a membership as a result of your actions.
- And, after the card’s balance is spent, you’ll have to obtain a new one from a member or have the card reloaded by a member.
- The cards can be loaded with amounts ranging from $25 to $2,000 (and much higher).
- If you know someone who is willing to play, a few of cards wouldn’t hurt.
- According to what I’ve heard (but haven’t confirmed), the card does not have to be used for the complete purchase.
- Instead, if you had $10 left on a credit card but had $150 worth of purchases, you could use the card for $10 and then use another form of payment to cover the remaining $150.
Buying Costco Items on Instacart Without a Costco Membership
If you have an Instacart Express account, you may purchase Costco products on Instacart without having to have a Costco membership.If you buy more than a few products from Costco on Instacart, you should be aware that the prices are higher than they are at a Costco Warehouse (they’re going to collect those membership fees one way or another!), which means that you may not save any money in the long run.
Costco Forms of Payment
It is important to remember that, while you may be able to walk in the door and even make purchases, Costco locations do not take Discover, American Express, or MasterCard credit cards as forms of payment.Cash, check, debit cards, Costco Shop Cards, and Visa credit cards are all acceptable modes of payment, as well as the previously stated Costco Shop Cards (including the Costco branded Costco Anywhere Visa Card, which gets 2 percent cash back on Costco purchases).
Shopping at Costco With and Without a Membership Discussion:
- I recently conducted an analysis to see whether or not a Costco membership and upgrade is worthwhile. For me, the standard membership is well worth the money, though I did request a membership fee refund from Costco in 2020 after receiving a rebate check. But I’m interested in hearing what you have to say. Is it worthwhile for you to pay the Costco membership fee?
- What are some of your favorite Costco buying tips and tricks?
- Have you discovered alternative methods of shopping at Costco without becoming a member?
- What are some of your favorite Costco purchases?
- Related Posts: The Costco Appliance Warranty can be four times as long as the manufacturer’s warranty
- Costco Gas: Cost Savings, Rewards, and Whether or Not You Need a Membership
- Costco Gas: Cost Savings, Rewards, and Whether or Not You Need a Membership
The Truth About Costco Sheet Cakes
Shutterstock A image of limitless aisles filled and heaped with everything from condiments to camping equipment comes to mind when thinking about Costco — with complimentary food samples lurking around every bend — comes to mind.Costco’s in-house Kirkland Signature brand has built up a cult following over the years, but many customers believe that the actual crown jewel of the retailer’s massive collection is the retailer’s renowned sheet cake, which is available at Costco locations nationwide.You’ve certainly seen one of these rectangular confections at a birthday party or two as a youngster, or the crowd-pleasing dessert may have been the focal point of your own birthday celebration.
- Perhaps you’ve made your way over to the bakery on a Friday evening and scooped up a sheet cake to eat completely by yourself (because you can, and there’s no need to place an order!).
- However, this cherished bakery treat has made its way into the hearts (and stomachs) of Americans for many years now, no matter what the circumstances are.
- Read these interesting facts about the delectable delicacy before you indulge in yet another piece of the tantalizing dessert.
Costco sheet cakes can be decorated with a vast array of different designs
With an eye toward celebrating the famous dessert’s enormous adaptability and appeal, Costco has a cake design to suit every event, age group, and personality.According to this order form, the bakery crew at the merchant will be able to create exactly 27 different icing images to be used to decorate your confection.Birthday designs include a rainbow, a rose bouquet, a princess crown, and a ″over-the-hill″ variation for when your party guest of honor is turning 40, among other options.
- Design options include a crucifix, baby carriage (in either pink or blue), and graduation cap, among others, to commemorate virtually every milestone in between.
- Basically, if it’s a big event in your life, Costco’s bakery has a cake design to commemorate the occasion.
- In addition, the Costco cake artisans can build just about any sports ball under the sun, making them the ideal choice for a tasty way to cap off a little league season or a Super Bowl celebration with friends and family.
- If nothing in this selection appeals to you, the big-box store’s bakery also accepts custom orders a few days in advance to provide its cake decorators enough time to create a unique design or personalised message for you (via Delish).
Costco’s sheet cakes are only offered in two flavors in the U.S.
When it comes to Costco’s iconic half-sheet cakes, the possibilities are unlimited — with the exception of taste, of course.They are easily customized and readily available in a pinch.White cake covered with vanilla cheesecake mousse (a whopping two pounds of it!) and topped with luscious vanilla buttercream frosting, or chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse and frosted with chocolate buttercream (yes, you read it correctly).
- There isn’t a great deal of variation, but they perform the job well enough.
- According to Delish, the warehouse store’s bakery used to offer more unusual tastes, such as a carrot cake cradling apricot mousse that’s dolloped with cream cheese frosting before being sprinkled with slivered almonds — a recipe for which can be found here.
- In addition, the taste bonus supplied by Costco’s Australian locations was rather excellent.
- Customers had the option of adding a fruity touch to their sponge cakes by selecting a raspberry filling to accompany either a chocolate or a vanilla cake.
- Despite this, given the dessert’s continued popularity, American customers clearly value the high-quality and freshness of each cake, and they are not opposed to a more customized approach to these desserts.
Costco’s sheet cakes are just as sweet on your wallet as your tongue
Shutterstock Because of its size, flavor, and low cost, the retailer’s most popular dessert may well be the ideal low-cost treat for the whole family.Considering their versatility to be personalized to fit any style or occasion, Costco’s hallmark dessert is an absolute deal for $18.99.For example, the cost of a cake from a high-end independent patisserie may quickly climb into the triple digits, and even a confection from your neighborhood bakery is on average at least five dollars more costly than the tried-and-true Costco staple (via Know More Stuff).
- According to a Facebook poster, the cake’s flavor is comparable to that of a high-end bakery as well: ″For several years, I’ve been promoting that cake to everyone who will listen.
- It was also served during my daughter’s wedding, for concern that the large wedding cake would be insufficient.
- It was the Costco cake that garnered more accolades than the $400 cake!″ Aside from the low cost, the time you save by not slaving away over a batch of batter before to your birthday event is precious as well.
Costco’s half-sheet cakes are being discontinued in all U.S. stores
Courtesy of Johnny Louis/Getty Images A Costco Facebook advertisement, which appeared in late May and encouraged members to purchase cakes to celebrate graduations, was met with displeasure by cake enthusiasts everywhere.The only cakes featured in the ad were the bakery’s 10-inch round cake, rather than the half-sheet cake that was popular among cake enthusiasts.A disconcerting announcement is made at the end of the post: ″Please be advised that half-sheet cakes are not presently available for ordering or customization.″ In a recent response to Business Insider, the warehouse store revealed that they had no plans to supply the cakes as of right now.
- According to The New York Times, the disappearance of sheet cakes might be due to the coronavirus epidemic, in which huge group meetings, as well as embraces and handshakes, have all but disappeared.
- In order to assist restrict human interaction and provide greater room for social distance, Costco has curtailed service in several areas, according to the retailer’s explanation.
- ″At this moment, we are not able to make sheet cakes on a custom order basis.″ No doubt, it’s a shame, but a smaller sheet cake will still taste just as good as the larger ones.
There is currently an online petition begging Costco to restock the half-sheet cakes
Shutterstock As reported by Business Insider, although the shop initially stated that the 10-inch round cakes ″seem to be resonating″ with members, online research shows that this is not the case.Almost immediately after Costco revealed that they would be dropping the famous dessert, a Change.org petition was started.The following is the page’s description: ″Bring back the delicious half-sheet cakes from Costco, please!
- There will never be another birthday or special event just like this one.
- Perfection, in every way!″ Since it was launched two months ago, the petition has already garnered more than 1,000 signatures, with many of those who have signed it expressing their admiration in the ″reasons for signing″ area below.
- The following remark from a petition participant nicely captures the sentiment of the Costco community toward the cake: ″Half-sheet cake from Costco is without a doubt the best cake on the face of the planet.
- After all, all you had to do was not remove your single most precious masterpiece off its lovely stainless steel shelf, and my daughter’s future birthday parties may have a less-than-delightful cake.
- BringBackTheSheet.″ I was speaking as though I was a die-hard Costco cake fanatic.
Costco’s half-sheet cakes can satisfy up to 48 sweet tooths
There’s no denying that Costco’s famous dessert, which weighs nine and a half pounds and is about the size of an infant, is the ultimate in convenience when it comes to feeding a large group of hungry partygoers.With each half-sheet cake, you can feed as many as 48 dessert-crazy people for less than $20, which means you’ll be paying no more than 40 cents per person no matter how you slice it.Comparing the half-sheet to one of the 10-inch round cakes, which only serves up to a dozen people for more than half the price, there is no comparison — the half-12 sheet’s x 16 inches of fluffy frosted bliss is the clear winner every time (or on the plate).
- Despite the fact that you might not think a cake large enough to serve nearly half a hundred people is necessary during a global pandemic, one cake enthusiast who signed the Change.org petition argued that a dessert of this size serves an extremely important function: ″Because purchasing a cake does not imply that you will be hosting a large gathering.
- A large number of firms purchase these cakes for their most important employees!″
Costco sheet cakes can make for pretty great wedding cakes
When 27,000 couples were asked about their nuptial dessert of choice, according to a 2019 article published by The Knot, the average cost of a wedding cake was revealed to be over $500 (yikes!) One imaginative couple chose to forego a more expensive alternative in favor of creating their own tiered treat out of sheet cakes from Costco and fresh flowers from Trader Joe’s, which turned out beautifully.Two simple sheet cakes were divided into smaller pieces and layered on top of each other to obtain the classic wedding cake form, for a total cost of $50 — a genuinely sweet deal — and were used to create the masterpiece.The couple was fortunate in that they had a pastry chef in their family who aided them in icing the cake with rich layers of handmade buttercream and placing the pale pink flowers in a cascade down the side of the cake.
- Her sister posted a photo of the finished result on Instagram, complimenting her brother’s ingenuity and skill and admitting that she had designed and constructed the stunning but inexpensive rustic cake stand.
One Costco sheet cake’s design stirred up a scandal
In 2015, a Costco issue erupted after a woman complained that her son’s dinosaur-themed birthday cake had Satanic connotations, prompting the company to investigate.As reported by the Inquisitr (via Snopes), the woman who ordered the cake was likely lured to it because of the friendly-looking blue and green dinosaur frolicking across grass that had been created in icing on the surface of the cake.Her son’s birthday was approaching, and she was singing ″Happy Birthday″ to him when she saw that the dinosaur’s three visible legs appeared to be in the pattern of ″666,″ a number sequence usually linked with the devil.
- A satanic sign was written clearly as day on the birthday cake of the mother’s kid, who is six years old.
- ″I was quite astonished and horrified,″ the woman adds.
- ″What was originally intended to be a humorous dinosaur turned into something really revolting.
- For Costco to allow such an insensitive joke to be sold to an unknowing customer took my breath away.″ Despite the fact that the accusations have now been discredited and that the woman and her boyfriend (a reporter) are believed to have engineered the controversy, there were precisely 666 Costco shops dispersed around the world at the time of the crisis.
- Oooh, that’s creepy!
There’s speculation that Costco’s half-sheet cakes are already returning to stores
Shutterstock When Costco announced that they would be removing their sheet cakes from their shelves in spring 2020, fans and members of the wholesale club flocked to the official Costco Facebook page to express their displeasure with the retailer’s decision — leaving comments such as ″I don’t understand why Costco is doing this.″ ″The sheet cakes are my favorite!I only buy a few bakery goods a year, but I order these cakes for special occasions since they are delicious.These cakes should not be phased out,″ as well as ″OMG, please do not phase out the customized half sheet cakes!″ So amazing, and at such an affordable price ″(Image courtesy of Eat This, Not That!) Once again, Costco sheet cake fans took to social media to find out what had become of their beloved treats, rallying around an Instagram post from the Costco Connoisseur account that featured a photo of a custom cake ordering station with the caption: ″Costco Connoisseur: Custom Cake Ordering Station.″ ″Costco Sheet Cakes are once again available!
- Only available on special order.″ Local television station NBC Bay Area has reportedly reported the emergence of other cake-ordering locations in Santa Clara and San Jose, California, according to the article.
- Although there have been some encouraging anomalies, according to a statement sent to USA Today by the warehouse shop, the much sought after sweet delicacy has not returned to the business’s shelves.
The popularity of sheet cakes might have distracted from another budget-friendly Costco confection
Even while the warehouse store’s sheet cake lacks in elegance, it more than makes up for it in convenience and simplicity.However, for some special occasions, you may prefer a confection with a touch of sophistication added.However, you won’t have to venture far from the Costco bakery’s shelves in order to obtain an appetizing cake that has a little bit of an international flair.
- Here comes the tiramisu bar cake to save the day.
- This delectable dessert, which is made with layers of espresso-soaked ladyfingers and creamy mascarpone, is completed with a sprinkling of cocoa powder and a big pile of chocolate shavings, and is guaranteed to wow even the most discerning of party attendees.
- Tiramisu may often be rather pricey, but once again, Costco buckes the trend and provides this delectable dessert at a reasonable price.
- Costco-sized (2.38 pounds, to be exact) version of the traditional Italian cake is constructed by stretching the cake lengthwise to make an extended rectangle suited for slicing up and serving a crowd, with a final cost of just under $16.
- It’s possible that the sheet cake and tiramisu from Costco’s bakery may have you saying goodbye to expensive pastries for good.
Costco Now Has a Mini Version of This Beloved Bakery Item — Eat This Not That
- The headlines from the Costco bakery generally consist of things that have either vanished from or made victorious returns to one of the most famous parts of the warehouse, which is the bakery. It is not often for brand-new products to be released, but today happens to be one of those exceptional days! The newest addition to the bakery is a variation on an old favorite, but it has a whole different look and feel. I’m referring to the size here, and I’m not referring to a larger size for the first time. (For more information on what not to buy at your local warehouse, check out this list of the Costco Foods You Should Always Avoid, According to Nutritionists, for additional information.) We will say farewell to the All American Chocolate Cake in the year 2020. An online petition was started when some Costco members began to notice that the much-loved cake was no longer being stocked, in order to aid in its reintroduction. So far, more than 7,200 people have signed on to demonstrate their support for the cause. The good news is that Costco paid attention. to some extent. This popular taste is now available in a small cake pack in a variety of sizes. In related news, join up for our newsletter to have all of the newest Costco news delivered directly to your inbox every day. The little version of the sumptuous treat is around the same size as the mini carrot cakes sold by Costco earlier this year, according to a Reddit user. It is smaller than the original cake but larger than a muffin. The discovery was made by Twitter users @peanutbuttahgainz and @cveyes, who immediately alerted other Costco members to the big news. But it’s not just that the new chocolate cake is smaller in size
- it’s also less in price! The larger-than-a-cupcake tiny All American Chocolate Cakes, which are normally $16.99, are only $7.99 when purchased in bulk. Fans of the original form of this cake will be pleased to know that there is more good news in store for them: According to the reviews, the mini versions have the exact same flavor as the regular-sized versions. The following is an example of what Reddit user @ADashofDirewolf has to say about his cupcakes: ″The same cake, fudge, and chocolate shavings we used on the big AA cakes but in cupcake form.″ Obtaining nutritional information for each individual mini cake was difficult for us due to the fact that the product was so new. According to MyFitnessPal, one slice of the original cake had roughly 637 calories, with 38 grams of fat, 32 grams of carbohydrates, and 20 grams of sugar. With the same components, the tiny versions likewise likely aren’t the healthiest treat out today. However, the reduced size certainly makes them easy to split in half and share! For more news from Costco’s bakery, see these headlines next: 6 Costco Bakery Favorites You Can Get Right Now
- 4 Major Side Effects of Eating Costco Bakery Items
- \s The1 Worst Costco Bakery Item, According to a Dietitian
How Long Do Costco Cakes Last?
When preparing a cake to be served the following day, the question ″Will this cake last for the next several days?″ always arises in our minds.You can freeze a cake in its whole, pieces of it, or slices of it without icing.We are able to maintain the superior version of the cake for several days if we follow the right freezing instructions for cake.
- But, if we get a cake from Costco, would it survive as long as well?
- This is the point that we will be debating throughout the remainder of this post.
What is Costco?
Costco is a wholesale corporation that operates a discount shop in the United States.Warehouse clubs and wholesale clubs are other names for these establishments.They provide their club members with huge amounts of stuff, such as cakes, gadgets, computers, furniture, outdoor living, appliances, jewelry, and other things, all at significantly discounted costs compared to the rest of the market.
- Members of the club contribute to them on a yearly basis.
- It is one among the world’s largest merchants in terms of sales volume.
- A image of limitless aisles filled and heaped with everything from condiments to camping equipment comes to mind when thinking about Costco — with complimentary food samples lurking around every bend — comes to mind.
- Many buyers say that the legendary sheet cake of stores is the genuine crown gem of Costco’s huge selection, and they are correct.
- Costco has a cake design for every event, every age group, and every personality type.
- The bakery experts at the business will be able to create exactly 27 different icing images to be used to decorate your dessert.
- Birthday designs include a rainbow, a rose bouquet, a princess crown, and a ″over-the-hill″ variation for when your party guest of honor is turning 40, among other options.
- Whatever the occasion, Costco’s bakery has a cake design to commemorate the momentous occasion.
How to do long last Costco cake
But, do you happen to know how long the Costco cakes will be available? The shelf life of a cake is determined by the kind of preparation used and the manner in which the cake is stored. Generally speaking, a cake will keep for up to four days without turning bad.
Cake with a buttercream or ganache topping can keep for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator..If the cake is made using custard, cream, cream cheese, or fresh fruit, it will only survive 1-2 days at the very most in the refrigerator.If your cake includes cream cheese icing, it should be refrigerated for no more than 1-2 days at the maximum before being allowed to come to room temperature before serving.
- However, there is generally a label on the top or side of the cake box that instructs you on how long the cake will be good for before it goes bad. When sealed with the resealable plastic that Costco provides, it will last for at least a week.
- Wrapping the cake with aluminum foil will help to remove moisture from the cake.
What you need to know before buying a Costco cake
In the bakery department, you’ll discover a group of shoppers who are completely smitten with the cakes on offer. Here’s everything you need to know about Costco cakes before you buy one.
1. They are very cheap
In fact, you can buy it for $18.99 – that’s how much it’ll cost you to purchase a half sheet cake from Costco.You’re unlikely to be able to match that pricing even if you built one from scratch yourself.In addition, it outperforms the competitors.
- Similar-sized cakes are available for purchase for $24 at BJ’s Wholesale Club, while a similar-sized cake is available for purchase for roughly $25 at Walmart.
2. You can feed so many people
You can feed up to 48 people with just one of Costco’s half sheet cakes. That implies you only spent 39 cents per person on your total bill.
3. One cake weighs more than a newborn
If you put your half sheet cake on a scale, it would weigh around nine and a half pounds, according to the manufacturer. In accordance with the order form provided by Costco, two of those pounds are the mousse filling for the cake.
4. There are only two flavors offered
You have the option of ordering either a white cake (often known as vanilla cake) or a chocolate cake from Costco. Both cakes are vanilla sheet cakes, with the former including a layer of vanilla cheesecake mousse and being frosted with white buttercream. After that, there’s a chocolate sheet cake with a chocolate mousse filling and a chocolate buttercream frosting for dessert.
5. You can take one home on the spot
Costco’s bakery area is stocked with ready-made sheet cakes, some of which are simple and others which have birthday inscriptions printed on them. You may take one home with you that has festive graphics on it.
6. Bakers can decorate in more than two dozen ways
When you fill out the sheet cake order form, you will see that there are roughly 30 different designs to pick from. With balloons or roses, you may decorate a sheet cake in a variety of ways. You could come across some that are a little more out there, such as a pirate ship, a skateboard, or a party owl, whatever that means.
The freezing instructions for cakes may be readily followed when purchasing your favorite cake from Costco and needing it to endure for a few of days. You may also be interested in
Read This Before Buying A Costco Cake
Photograph by Scott Olson for Getty Images Please be advised that it is party time at the workplace!Everyone has a birthday, or there is a retirement coming up, or the person next to them has just been promoted — and the list goes on and on.Your decision to volunteer to serve on the festivities committee suddenly seems like a mistake, especially when you realize that guess who is required to bring the cake?
- The assortment of L’Élégante Pâtisserie Française is impressive, but the prices are prohibitively expensive.
- Because there wouldn’t be any money left over for the next party, and your own birthday is just a couple of weeks away, you’d be in trouble.
- So what do you do?
- Grab a couple of Duncan Hines boxes and make a cake from scratch.
- But wait, wasn’t there something you heard about cakes from Costco that you didn’t remember?
- What are the chances that a sheet cake from a large box shop would wow your coworkers at your next company party?
- Yes, without a doubt.
- Prior to asking around the workplace to see who has a Costco card and is ready to take you shopping, here are a few quick facts about their cakes to save you from being overwhelmed.
Costco sheet cakes are the greatest thing for feeding a crowd
Costco sheet cakes are a terrific deal, and you definitely get your money’s worth when you purchase them.For starters, they’re obnoxiously large in comparison.In terms of weight, half sheet cake weighs around nine and a half pounds and is supposed to feed approximately 48 people.
- Also, there’s even better news: Costco’s sheet cakes are extremely affordable, with the most recent offering costing only $18.99, according to Delish, which is around the same price as a single croissant at La Pâtisserie Trop Chère.
- And what about the taste?
- It’s just stunning!
- In the words of La Pâtisserie Pas Nécessaire (if they could ever concede that a cake costing one-tenth the price of a cake made by them could possibly have any worth at all).
Costco sheet cakes do have a few drawbacks, though
But there are a few of small issues with these cakes that are worth mentioning.One drawback is that they are only available in two flavors: white and chocolate.Those tastes, on the other hand, are not quite as simple as they appear.
- According to Costco’s sheet cake purchase form, the white cake is filled with a vanilla cheesecake mousse filling (2 pounds of it!
- ), while the chocolate cake is filled with chocolate mousse (yes, chocolate mousse!) (also 2 pounds).
- Furthermore, the decorations are quite restricted, consisting only of a few flower arrangements, a few sports-themed motifs, and some standard children’s party supplies such as a clown, a princess crown, and dinosaurs.
- The Costco bakery, on the other hand, should be able to run to a simple script such as ″Congratulations!″ with a name, so you should be OK.
- There you have it: the party is saved.
- Just hope that whomever is in charge of planning your birthday party (you won’t be tasked with that responsibility, will you?) has the foresight to get a Costco cake as well.
- That Costco bakery knows their sheet (cake) from their ear to their toe!
Costco Cakes: Your Guide to Buying Cakes at Costco
Not everyone has the time or patience to bake from scratch, even though there is nothing that can compare to a freshly baked cake from scratch.For your next birthday party or anniversary celebration, Costco’s bakery section provides a variety of high-quality and reasonably priced options to choose from.Sheet cakes in vanilla and chocolate flavors are available at a reasonable price from Costco.
- It is possible to feed up to 48 people using a half-sheet cake purchased from Costco.
- To place an order for a personalized cake, you will need to go to the bakery located within your local Costco warehouse.
- Flavor, size, and unique embellishments like as writing or icing designs are all available for customization.
- Let’s take a look at the cake-buying procedure at Costco, as well as if the big-box shop provides online cake ordering and the cake customizing possibilities available.
How to Order a Cake from Costco
When you visit your local Costco, a member of the bakery staff will ask you to fill out a cake order form, which you will then submit.It’s important to remember that all Costco bakeries demand a two-day advance notice for custom cake designs.If you place your order at least two days in advance, local Costco bakery can assure that you will receive exactly what you desire.
- When making an order for your Costco cake, you’ll have the option of selecting the cake’s size, custom design, as well as the day and time of pick-up.
- As part of the ordering procedure, you may also provide an optional message to be written on the cake and select cake decorations from a list of available alternatives provided by the bakery.
Can You Order Cakes from Costco Online?
Unfortunately, you will not be able to order a cake from Costco over the internet.Because Costco’s website does not provide online ordering for cakes, the easiest approach to place an order for a cake is to visit the bakery at your local Costco warehouse at least two days before you need to pick it up to avoid disappointment.Your cake order may also be accepted through fax, depending on your Costco store.
- faxing your cake order As a result, because the cake-ordering process differs from shop to store, it’s important to phone your local warehouse and chat with a baker team member before going in to ensure that they follow the same procedure as you did.
- As an alternative, if you don’t want a personalized cake, Costco’s bakery section has a supply of ready-made sheet cakes on hand that you may pick up and take home on the spot.
- A unique message on a plain cake may be added to make it more memorable.
- While some ready-made cakes have birthday inscriptions or seasonal designs, you can always ask a member of the bakery staff to put a bespoke message on it to make it more memorable.
- In most situations, Costco’s bakery section will have a variety of icing colors available, allowing you to customize your cake with a color and message that is appropriate for the occasion.
- Is it possible for you to predict how many different types of Costco cake there are?
- pic.twitter.com/UgUDB0HGHm On January 30, 2018, Southern Living (@Southern Living) released a statement.
What Cakes Are Available at Costco?
Despite the fact that Costco offers an almost limitless number of customization options, the retailer’s cakes are only available in two flavors: white cake filled with vanilla cheesecake mousse and topped with vanilla buttercream frosting, or chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse and topped with chocolate buttercream frosting.Costco has dramatically reduced the number of cake varieties that are offered in recent years.Previously, in the United States, Costco’s carrot cake sheet cake, which was filled with apricot mousse and topped with cream cheese frosting and almonds, was a popular item among its customers.
- If you go outside of the United States, Costco provides an even more remarkable range, with warehouses in Australia allowing consumers the chance to mix and combine different varieties of cake to create their own unique flavors.
- Customers continue to laud the quality, freshness, and taste of Costco cakes, making them a popular choice for celebrations such as birthdays, graduation parties, and even weddings, despite the restricted flavor selection.
How Much Is a Costco Cake?
When it comes to bespoke cakes, Costco has some of the most reasonably priced alternatives available on the market right now.If you get a half sheet from Costco, you’ll pay just $18.99 for enough food to feed 48 people, which works out to around 39 cents per person per meal.Costco’s cakes are substantially less expensive than those sold at other grocery shops, such as Walmart, Whole Foods, and Kroger, among others.
- The same basic half sheet cake at Walmart will cost you $30, but the same basic half sheet cake at Kroger costs $35.
- Whole Foods’ famed berry Chantilly cake, on the other hand, would set you back $90 for a half sheet, which is on the higher end of the price spectrum.
- Despite the fact that you’ll almost certainly wind up spending a few extra dollars for customisation, Costco’s pricing remain unbeatable.
- A personalized cake from a high-end bakery ma