The average U.S. wedding cake costs around $350, according to Thumbtack, an online service that matches customers with local professionals. On the lower end, couples spend around $125 and on the higher end, they typically spend upward of $700—often over $1,000! —on their wedding cake.
There are a lot of factors that go into determining the average wedding cake prices. The average overall cost landing at $540. The range is as low as $1.50 and as high as $12.00 per slice. It’s always best to have a clear idea of how many guests you are expecting before you book your catering or put a deposit on your banquet hall.
How much does a wedding cake cost in the UK?
Once you start looking at high street cakes, the average wedding cake cost shifts to £200-250. Realistically, if you are ordering a bespoke wedding cake from a luxury designer for around 80 people, you can expect to pay anywhere from £450 to £750.
How much does a wedding cake tier cost?
At the middle of the bespoke market, the average cost of a wedding cake tier is £150. However, there it will be more expensive per tier when you only have a few tiers. So a smaller 1 or 2 tier cake will feel quite expensive because it’s only small and doesn’t serve too many people.
How much does a wedding really cost?
How much does a wedding cost? According to The Knot’s 2019 Real Weddings Study, the average cost of a wedding in the United States came in at $33,900. This doesn’t include the honeymoon, but does
How much is a wedding cake for 150 guests?
For 150 guests, you will need about 125-135 servings of your wedding cake.
How much does it cost to make a 3-tier wedding cake?
Wedding cake prices
|75||3-Tier||$250 – $500|
|100||3-Tier||$280 – $630|
|120||3-Tier||$350 – $800|
|130||4-Tier||$500 – $860|
How big of a wedding cake do I need for 100 guests?
The average 12′ wedding cake serves 40-60 people. The 10′ cake on top of that serves 30-40 people and the 8′ cake on top of that serves 20-25 people. So a classic 3-tier cake with 12, 10, and 8 inch layers serves about 100 people.
What does the average UK wedding cost?
According to Bridebook’s December 2020 survey of over 4500 couples, the average wedding cost (including engagement ring and honeymoon) was £14,422 in 2020 and £20,731 in 2019. It’s important to take a pinch of salt with the average wedding cost decrease.
Why is wedding cake so expensive?
‘Remember, the majority of the cost of your wedding cake is due to the design and the time and supplies it takes to execute,’ she says. ‘Subtracting the cost of the actual edible cake won’t make a significant difference with an over the top, super custom design.’
How much does the average wedding cost?
A popular wedding planning site found the average wedding cost in 2021 was $28,000. Having a wedding isn’t as simple as saying “I do” — and can be a lot more expensive. The average cost of a wedding in 2021 was $28,000 (including the ceremony and reception), according to The Knot’s 2021 Real Weddings Study.
What should a wedding cake cost?
The national average cost for wedding cakes is $350, but costs typically range from $125 to $700. Bakers typically price wedding cakes by the slice, and charge between $2.50 and $8 per slice, according to Bake My Day Baking in Dallas, Texas.
How much cake do I need for 150 guests?
The number of cake servings will help determine the size of your cake. In general, three tiers will serve 50 to 100 guests. So, if you’re having 150 or more, you’ll likely need four or more tiers.
What size is a normal wedding cake?
For wedding servings, a 6-inch cake will serve around 10 people and an 8-inch cake will serve 20-24 people. A 10-inch cake will serve 30-38 and a 12-inch will serve 45-56 guests. This is for average cakes that have three layers per tier.
What is the most popular flavor of wedding cake?
Vanilla cake has remained the most common cake flavor at weddings since the 1960s, though its popularity has dipped from 48% of couples married in the 1980s surveyed, to just 26% of couples married in the 2010s surveyed. Chocolate and red velvet have each gained popularity over the years.
How much cake do I need for 60 guests?
to 60 people with each slice about 1 3⁄4 inches across the back. 1 3⁄4 inches is just about the width of a table spoon. 16 inch cakes can be sensibly served to 100 people with each slice measuring about 1 inch across the back. A standard fork is about one inch wide.
What is the average price of a wedding cake UK?
A wedding cake from a luxury bakery in the UK usually costs from £450 to £750. A standard cake paper usually charges £250 to £550 for a three-tier cake that serves 95 people. A designer wedding cake in the UK easily costs £800. Delivery fees for a wedding cake cost more.
How much does a small wedding cost UK?
Average Cost of a Wedding in the UK
|Wedding Costs||Lower Range||Upper Range|
|Total Wedding Cost UK||£6,275||£67,600|
|Wedding & Reception Venue||£500||£10,000|
How do people afford weddings?
7 Best Ways To Pay For a Wedding
- Set a realistic budget.
- Ask family and friends to chip in (when appropriate)
- Save during your engagement.
- Pick up a temporary side hustle.
- Cut costs on lower-priority items.
- Take advantage of credit card rewards.
- Consider a personal loan.
What is the best cake for a wedding?
encourages Lee. If you’re a classic couple that wants to stick with tradition, you may want to choose a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. Some other tried-and-true options include lemon cake with raspberries and strawberry shortcake, says Halabi.
How much should I budget for my wedding cake?
– Quarter Sheet Cake – 54 servings – Half Sheet Cake – 108 servings – Full Sheet Cake – 192 servings
How to make a wedding cake on a budget?
– Keep it simple: The more tiers and elaborate design, the more expensive it will be. – Get 2 cakes. Baking a smaller tiered cake for the photos and anniversary, and serving your guests the same flavors via sheet-cake will keep costs to a minimum. – Think fresh. Real flowers are less costly than those created with icing. – Decorate with buttercream.
How Much Do Wedding Cakes Cost?
- Despite the fact that some couples are choosing to forego the traditional wedding cake completely in favor of novel options such as cheese towers and pie stations, the majority of weddings in the United States still feature a wedding cake. Despite the fact that the cake is one of the most time-honored wedding customs in existence, it isn’t quite as well-known as other elements such as the dress, the location, the ceremony, the flowers, and so on. That being said, determining which cake is best for you and your budget is not a simple endeavor, especially given the numerous variables that influence wedding cake cost. Meet the Subject Matter Expert Melissa Redell is a co-owner of The Solvang Bakery, a family bakery in Solvang, California
- she was born in Jamaica and raised in California. Crist owns and operates Top Tier Treats in Los Angeles, where she also works as a pastry chef. She started her business in 2005.
- ″The price of a cake is determined by the complexity of the finished design, the complexity of the cake flavor (for example, white cake with white buttercream filling and frosting versus white cake with Bavarian cream and fresh strawberry filling and buttercream frosting, the latter is approximately 30% more in price), and, of course, the number of tiers (the more tiers, the more difficult to transport and the more time consuming to decorate), and hand delivery to the venue,″ says Melissa Redell of The Solvang In this section, you will get the complete scoop on all of the factors that influence cake cost, so that you can choose just what cake is perfect for your special day.
How Much Does the Average Wedding Cake Cost?
According to Thumbtack, an online business that connects clients with local experts, the typical wedding cake in the United States costs around $350. On the low end, couples spend roughly $125 on their wedding cake, and on the high end, they spend upwards of $700—and sometimes even more than $1,000!—on their wedding cake.
Cake Pricing Factors
- Similar to determining the expenses of all of your other wedding providers, determining the price of your wedding cake is dependent on a variety of criteria. The following is a breakdown of the factors that influence the price. a period of time
- the components (Exotic ingredients or specialty cakes that are vegan or gluten-free will typically cost more.)
- the size of the cake and the number of layers
- the level of complexity in the patterns, colors, and style (for example, if the cake incorporates edible gold leaf or ombre icing, the price may increase.)
- What kind of frosting do you use? (Typically, a fondant or gum paste cake are both more expensive than buttercream.)
- Deliveries, customization, and other costs
- Add-ons such as cake stands and toppers (which may be purchased or rented! )
How to Estimate Costs
- To figure out how much your wedding cake will cost, the first thing you’ll need to do is figure out how many guests will be attending and how many pieces will be served.
- A slice of wedding cake will be required for each and every guest if you are having a sitting meal with a dessert course, and the wedding cake will be the dessert you will be serving.
- (This will raise the cost of your cake because the size of the cake will certainly grow.) However, if you are planning a full dessert station or family-style sweets, it is reasonable to assume that not every visitor will be able to have a slice of cake, which means you will need less cake.
It’s crucial to remember that most wedding cakes are priced by the slice, not the entire cake.According to Bake My Day Baking in Dallas, they typically cost between $2.50 and $8 each slice in the United States, but they may cost as much as $12 per piece with some of the most labor-intensive designs and specialist ingredients.According to Jamaica Crist, owner of Top Tier Treats in Los Angeles, ″we start with a low price and then add a fee based on the time it takes to produce the design, rather than by the slice.″ In general, the price of a two-tiered or bigger cake tends to range between $7 and $9 each slice, as a starting point.″ It can easily exceed that amount depending on the complexity of the situation.″ It’s a good rule of thumb to remember that the more elaborate and specialized the cake is, the more expensive it will be.
Consider the following: wild, intricate forms, unique sugar flower details, fondant icing, and a lot more.Everything on this list will result in a price increase since they are either more labor-intensive or need more expensive materials and ingredients, or a combination of the two.Examples include The Solvang Bakery, where fondant creations cost around $10 per slice and various icing finishes cost approximately $6.
How to Estimate the Right Cake Size
- Thumbtack has provided the following handy serving size breakdown for a classic round-tiered cake to assist you in determining the appropriate amount of cake for your special day. a 5-inch round serves 8 people
- a 6-inch round serves 12 people
- a 7-inch round serves 16 people
- an 8-inch round serves 24 people
- a 9-inch round serves 32 people
- a 10-inch round serves 38 people
- an 11-inch round serves 47 people
- a 12-inch round serves 56 people
- a 13-inch round serves 67 people
- a 14-inch round serves 78 people
- a 15-inch round serves 89 people
What’s Included and What’s Additional
- You should consult with your wedding planner and cake designer to determine exactly what is included in the pricing of your cake, as the inclusions vary from cake designer to cake designer. In general, the following items will be included in the pricing. A design consultation is provided.
- A cake sampling
- the actual cake (of course! )
- and a cake cutting ceremony.
- Items such as a cake stand or display, cutting tools, cake toppers, and an additional top tier (to be saved and eaten on your one-year wedding anniversary, if that’s your thing) may not be included in the estimate you get.
- Inquire with your venue/caterer about the possibility of their providing the cake stand and cutting equipment, which might potentially help you save money.
- To ensure that there are no unexpected, pricey additions to your budget, you should discuss and explain everything with your cake designer before signing the contract and proposal.
5 Ways to Cut Wedding Cake Costs, According to Pro Bakers
The expense of wedding cakes may be putting a strain on your budget, so if you’re searching for methods to save money, there are several options available in the cake sector.
- Serve Half-Servings: A common and simple solution is to serve half-servings, which are smaller slices of cake. When attempting to feed 200 visitors, you simply require a cake that can serve 100 people, as an example. The fact is that most individuals consume only a nibble or two at a time.
- Preferably, you’ll want a ″Display″ cake for photographs and ″cutting,″ as well as a separate sheet cake to serve to your guests (for reference, sheet cake pieces from The Solvang Bakery, for example, cost around $2.75 per person).
- Buttercream is a good choice because it is simple to make. Rather of using fondant to decorate your cake, choose a less expensive icing alternative such as buttercream. Making buttercream instead of fondant might save you hundreds of dollars each slice in costs per slice.
- Reduce the complexity of the design: As an alternative to the multi-tiered, sculptural cake with gold foil all over it that you had in mind, opt for one or two tiers and more basic tastes such as chocolate or vanilla rather than the earl grey with orange cream cheese.
- DIY the Cake: If your venue or caterer permits it, you can make your own cake. It is possible to bake the cake yourself if you are up to the effort, or you can have a buddy who is talented in the baking sector prepare it for you. You could purchase a simple cake from your favorite bakery and decorate it with some exquisite fresh flowers, and it will look just beautiful! Keep in mind that making your own wedding cake might bring a whole new level of stress to your big day that you might not need, and that the money you save might not be worth it.
First and foremost, keep in mind that you do not have to spend a fortune on a delicious and visually stunning wedding cake. Yes, you can have your lovely wedding cake and enjoy it at the same time.
This Is the Average Cost of a Wedding Cake
- Here’s how much you should set aside for your dessert course.
- Having a cake at your wedding is one of the most common wedding traditions that has been around for quite some time.
- According to a recent internal survey, 75 percent of couples who tied the knot in the past year included dessert in their reception.
If you’re wondering how much the typical wedding cake costs, we conducted a poll of over 15,000 couples who were married in 2021 to find out the answer to that question.Wedding cakes often cost $500 to $1,000 in total, according to our research (similar to what couples spent in 2019).Of course, this figure is a national average, and the cost of your wedding cake may vary depending on a variety of criteria such as the number of tiers, the kind of cake, and the decorations used.
So it should come as no surprise that wedding cakes are often not the same as the ordinary pastries seen at a grocery shop.Rather, they are confections that have been particularly created.We recommend that you deal with a professional pastry chef or cake designer for your wedding cake because they are professionals in their fields.They can provide you advice on things like the flavor profiles for your wedding cake and the amount of batter you’ll need to make for your 150-person guest list.A professional wedding cake maker was employed by 81 percent of couples to create their dessert, according to our survey, which was conducted in 2012.While your wedding cake will serve as a sweet treat for your guests, it may also serve as a source of entertainment for those in attendance.
According to our research, 77 percent of couples who exchanged their vows in 2021 held a cake-cutting ceremony during their reception.When it comes to your celebration, your wedding cake may also serve as a distinctive piece of decor.One in every five couples said they used unique light projections on their wedding cakes, dance floors, and walls, and two percent claimed they had 3-D wedding cake decorations, according to the survey.If you want to make the dessert even more unique, you may purchase charming, personalized cake toppers to go with it.The typical price of a wedding cake may range anywhere from $1.50 to $12 per slice (which is a vast range, we know), based on a variety of factors, including the type of cake you choose and how many guests will be attending the reception.
Your baker will work out the specifics, but keep in mind that fondant icing (rather than buttercream frosting), upscale filling tastes, intricate molded forms, brilliant colors, and handcrafted sugar flower detailing will all increase the cost of your dessert.Additionally, keep in mind that you’re not just paying for a product, but also for a service—you will pay for the cake designer’s time and work, in addition to a delivery charge.What is the most important aspect influencing the price of a wedding cake?The amount of people that will be attending your event.The average cost of a wedding cake for 50 or less attendees was $319, while a cake for more than 100 guests was $600, according to our research.
The more the number of people you invite, the greater the amount of money you will spend on cake.Are you looking for a way to save money?The key to saving money is to purchase a cake for 150 people and serve it in ″half-servings.″ For example, if you have a guest list of 300 people, get a cake for 150 people and serve it in ″half-servings.″ (Generally speaking, people will leave pieces of pizza on the table that are just half-eaten.) The wedding cake of your dreams will be created on a smaller scale, and the price will be one that you can comfortably afford.In addition to the traditional wedding cake, there are additional dessert alternatives to consider for your own special day.In fact, 61 percent of couples who were married in 2021 served a dessert other than the conventional wedding cake to their guests as part of their wedding reception.
Cookies were the most popular non-cake option, with 40 percent of couples included the sweet delicacy in their dessert bar as a result of the survey.Cupcakes were provided by four out of every ten couples, while pastries were served by 26 percent.Doughnuts, ice cream sandwiches, s’mores, cake pops, and cheesecake are just a few of the other inventive dessert table options available.We advocate dealing with a baking specialist, regardless of whatever option you pick, because they can produce exquisite confections to your exact requirements (croquembouche or themed macarons included).You’re not sure where to begin?
- Check out our gallery of one-of-a-kind wedding cake designs, or browse through our Real Wedding pages for inspiration (they contain wedding albums from real couples).
- Then, once you’ve made all of your major selections (flavors, wedding cake size, tiers, and decorations), speak with an expert to acquire an estimate and collaborate with them to design the wedding cake of your dreams (hello, cake tasting!
- If you are a fan of old-fashioned wedding traditions, you might want to consider keeping the top tier of your wedding cake to share with your guests at a later date.
Average Price Of A Wedding Cake: A 2022 Guide For You
- If you’re planning a wedding, there’s no question that the image of the wedding cake is permanently etched in your memory.
- However, if you’re not familiar with the industry, the typical cost of a wedding cake may come as a surprise.
- Wedding cake is a type of cake that is baked for a wedding.
When it comes to wedding cakes, the average price varies drastically depending on whether you’re making them yourself or obtaining them from an outside vendor, as well as how many people you’re expecting.We’re here to help you understand everything so that you know precisely what to anticipate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the most popular wedding cake?
When should you order a wedding cake?
What Is The Average Price Of A Wedding Cake?
In order to determine the typical wedding cake pricing, a variety of considerations must be taken into consideration. The average overall expenditure came to $540 on average.
The Average Cost Of Wedding Cake Per Slice
The prices range from as little as $1.50 per slice to as much as $12.00 per slice. It’s usually a good idea to have a good estimate of how many guests will be attending your event before booking your caterer or putting down a deposit on your banquet location. This is the most effective method to approach the task of planning your wedding cake.
What Impacts The Cost Of A Wedding Cake?
You’re probably thinking to yourself, ″Why can’t I receive a straight answer?″ at this point. Because of all the variables, you’re always coming into large ranges of values. We’ll go over each of them in detail so that you have a better sense of which side of the range you should be focussing on at any given time.
Wedding Cake Ingredients
- 1 Isn’t butter, wheat, sugar, and eggs a given? Yes, they are the fundamentals, but even them are subject to a wide variety of quality. The better the quality of your baker’s ingredients, the more upmarket your bakery is likely to be. As soon as you include up all of the extras, such as flavorings and frosting as well as the specialized equipment required to make it happen, you can see the difference between a $100 and a $1000 wedding cake in your mind. When it comes to the cost of a wedding cake, a simple design with some decorative edges will keep costs on the lower end of the normal range. As soon as you start adding pearls and fondant and icing flowers and 3-D wafer paper and hand-painted embellishments, you’ll be on your way to being in the upper echelon of cake design and decorating. Adding a few layers may not seem like a huge concern, but the higher you go in the tier structure, the greater the likelihood of a calamity occurring. In order to reproduce Queen Victoria’s 300-pound wonder, only the highly skilled (and pricey) hands of a master are required! There are five varieties of typical wedding cake frosting: buttercream, fondant, whipped cream, and ganache. Buttercream, Meringue, Whipped Cream, Fondant Icing, Ganache, and Royal Icing are all examples of frostings.
Each requires a different set of materials, some of which are more difficult to deal with than others. For those who want to keep prices down, you may always choose for the increasingly fashionable ″naked″ appearance.
Wedding Cake Delivery Fees
5 In most cases, the cost of the cake does not include delivery costs and taxes. Even if you choose the most prestigious baker in the city, the cost of delivery will be more than if you use a conventional delivery service since they will have to go further. Why? They are in charge of keeping it at the proper temperature and ensuring that it is entirely undamaged at all times.
Cake Equipment Rentals
6 If you’re planning on renting cupcake displays, cake stands, and cake toppers from your baker, this will add to the overall cost of your wedding.
Wedding Dessert Types And Cost
- This list of wedding cake options is perfect for those wishing to spice things up with something different for their wedding reception. Cupcakes, cake pops, croquembouche, macarons, and other confections
- The first two will be a big hit with both the guests and the newlyweds.
- A welcome splash of color to spruce up vibrant wedding theme colors, wedding cupcakes and cake pops also have the added bonus of being extremely simple to predetermine amounts; one per guest plus a few extras just in case.
- The second and third are surprising and glitzy, and they go perfectly with historic themes like The Great Gatsby or anything from old-world France or Italy, among other things.
It takes a bit more time and work to calculate portions, but the results are well worth it.Even while it is usually a good idea to deliver something unexpected, if you are searching for a means to minimize the cost of your wedding cake, you will have to seek someplace else for inspiration.It costs $2.50 to $4.00 each service for these wedding cake substitutes, which is comparable to the price of a traditional wedding cake.
Wedding Cake Serving Sizes
In most cases, calculating how much square cake you’ll need to feed your whole guest list is rather straightforward; but, when dealing with circle cakes and many layers, the math becomes a bit more involved.
Wedding Cake Serving Chart
- Make use of this chart to estimate how much wedding cake you’ll need to serve your guests. 8 servings with 5″, 12 servings with 6″, 7″ with 16 servings with 8″, 24 servings with 9″, 10 servings with 38 servings with 11″ with 47 servings with 12″ with 56 servings with 13 servings with 78 servings with 15 servings with 89 servings with 15″.
- Take note that these values are based on the average piece size and deal with the typical depth of the cake. Because a deeper cake makes for thinner pieces, these suggestions are no longer valid. Consult with your wedding cake baker, who will be well-versed in the number of guests who will be served by their wedding cake. Consider this: a standard-sized 3-tier wedding cake will feed 50 to 100 people, depending on the size of the cake. Make advantage of these numbers as your starting points if you want to take your sheet cake in a different direction. The following sizes are available: quarter sheet cake (54 servings), half sheet cake (108 servings), and full sheet cake (192 servings).
- What Is the Cost of a Wedding Cake for 100 People?
- 365 to 570 dollars If you use the typical wedding cake cost as a guideline, you can serve 100 guests for a reasonable price.
- What Is the Cost of a Wedding Cake for 150 People?
Between $525 and $840 This may be the most adaptable option, since it can be achieved through a range of tier and form options.When it comes to wedding cakes, how much does a cake for 200 guests cost?From $765 to $1080 The location where you acquire the cake and the complexity of your design determine the cost of your wedding cake.
What Is the Cost of a Wedding Cake for 250 People?$900+ You would expect the cost of feeding 125 people to be double that of feeding 50 visitors, however economies of scale begin to come in when you have this many guests.Every year, we recommend that you budget 5-10 percent extra than you think you’ll need to cover unexpected expenses.The likelihood is that you’ll cut a few slices that are too large, that unexpected visitors will arrive, or that some sly guests will make their way to a second piece is high.Of course, you’ll want to budget more more for special occasions such as anniversaries or souvenirs.
Tips On Saving Money On A Wedding Cake
Keep these suggestions in mind if you want to keep your wedding cake costs lower than the national average for the occasion.
- Keep things straightforward: The higher the number of levels and the more sophisticated the design, the more expensive it will be
- You will receive two cakes. It is possible to keep expenses down by baking a smaller tiered cake for photographs and your anniversary, and giving your guests the same tastes through sheet cake.
- Consider a new perspective. Flowers made from real flowers are less expensive than ones made from icing.
- Buttercream should be used to decorate. When compared to regular frosting, this is less expensive. When you’re feeding 200 or more people, this may add up to a significant amount of money.
This article will assist you in estimating the typical cost of a wedding cake so that you may include a suitable sum in your budget and include the cake in your planning. Make sure you have enough for all of your guests before making judgments about design and ingredients until you have the cake of your dreams that is also within your budget when it comes time to work with final figures.
Wedding Cake Prices 2021
- After the main course has been served at a wedding reception, the wedding cake is served.
- Traditionally, wedding cakes are the focal point of the reception and are sliced by the bride and groom as part of the celebrations of the day.
- It was traditionally thought that wedding cakes were offered as a sign of good fortune.
Wedding cakes are far more luxurious than typical cakes when compared to other occasions.This dish can have many levels and be constructed from any number of different components.Traditionally, wedding cakes are constructed of fruit and iced with marzipan to give them a luxurious appearance.
A wedding cake may be made in any shape or flavor you like these days, thanks to advancements in technology.Take, for example, a sponge cake that is made up of numerous layers, each with a different flavor and color.At the end of the day, a wedding cake should reflect the personality of the bride and groom.It is intended to be sipped when the guests raise a toast, and as such, it should contribute to the overall feeling of celebration.
How much does a Wedding Cake cost?
Wedding cakes may be as simple or as ornate as you want them to be, so it’s difficult to estimate how much you should expect to pay because it all depends on what you choose. To give you an approximate estimate of how much wedding cakes cost on average in the United Kingdom, consider the following:
What changes the price of a Wedding Cake?
- A vast variety of flavors, sizes, and shapes are available for wedding cakes to suit any taste. Taking your wedding’s theme into consideration might assist you in narrowing down your cake selection options. Here are some more pricing points to consider to assist you in making your decision: The type of wedding cake
- the size of the cake
- the design of the cake
- the cake mixture
- the finish of the cake
- the location
Type of wedding cake
To illustrate, the average cost of a wedding cake will vary depending on the sort of cake you choose.
|Type of wedding cake||Highest average price||Lowest average price|
- If you’re on a tight budget, a single layer wedding cake will provide excellent value, with prices starting at only £60.
- Smaller weddings benefit from this as well because there will be less guests to feed as a result of the reduced number of attendees.
- On the opposite end of the spectrum, five-tier wedding cakes might cost upwards of £1,000 each layer.
It is possible that the price will be more if the cake is embellished with crystals and other luxury touches.In the end, the price of your wedding cake will be determined by its size, its structure, and its finish.Because each organization will have its own pricing structure, the costs will differ from one another.
- Wedding cakes should be proportional to the amount of people that will be attending your wedding reception.
- Consider the following scenario: you have 100 guests and want a cake with at least 3 to 4 tiers, which would cost around £400.
- Your wedding cake designer will want this information in advance so that they can provide you with recommendations on the sort of size you’ll require as a bare minimum.
Multiple levels for your wedding cake are doable, albeit they will be more expensive than a simpler design.
- The design of your cake is where you can express yourself creatively and have a good time.
- There’s also the option to keep things simple, or even include your wedding’s general theme, into your invitations.
- Intricate wedding cake designs will be more expensive, not least because of the additional time required by the baker to complete them properly.
Element such as intricate fondant fabric effects, piping designs, or other similar hand-painted embellishments would fall under this category.
It’s also vital to consider the cake’s base before proceeding. Traditional wedding cakes are made with fruit that must be allowed to develop before being served, which may result in a higher cost when compared to other sorts of mixtures. Alternatively, you may make a sponge cake, which has the advantage of allowing you to flavor it with any flavoring you like.
- There are a variety of possibilities for your wedding cake, ranging from marzipan to royal icing, buttercream to ganache.
- The finish of your cake will have a significant influence on both the aesthetic presentation as well as the cost of your wedding cake.
- The more complicated the finishing, similar to the cake design, the more expensive it will be to execute them.
The ‘naked’ wedding cake is a contemporary fad in which there is very little frosting on the outside of the cake.
- It is important to remember the location of your wedding cake since your wedding cake maker will be responsible for delivering and setting up your cake at the venue.
- A baker who is located a long distance away from the event will charge you more money than a baker who is closer to the location.
- Check with them to be sure that travel and setup charges are included in their price before you commit to using their services.
Is it worth getting a Wedding Cake?
- The final decision on whether or not to have a wedding cake prepared is entirely up to the couple.
- However, for the majority of couples, the wedding cake is the star of the show during their reception.
- Wedding cakes are likewise entrenched in tradition, and your guests will look forward to biting into them after the formality of the ceremony has concluded.
Traditional wedding cakes are no longer the only option available; nowadays, there is something to fit everyone’s preferences.In addition, wedding cakes are delectable!With a beautifully prepared wedding cake, you may toast to your new marriage in style.
Bark can help you identify local bakers that can produce a wedding cake masterpiece for you, whether you want a conventional fruit cake or a chocolate cake.
Wedding Cake Prices: How Much Does a Wedding Cake Cost?
- Wedding cake shopping is by certainly one of the most pleasurable jobs associated with wedding preparation – but how much does a wedding cake cost? Something to keep in mind about wedding cake pricing is that they might vary greatly based on the type of cake that you desire. In addition to the size (although this does have a role), the style and finish can have an impact on the price. The price of your cake may also be affected by the experience and location of the cake maker. Having said that, it is easy to have a general notion of what to expect in terms of price. With the aid of industry professionals, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide on wedding cake costs that will help you and your spouse feel certain that what you’re spending is fair and sensible, no matter what your budget is. We’ll also provide you with some suggestions on how to save money along the road! READ ON FOR MORE INFORMATION a collection of 21 little wedding cakes perfect for intimate wedding receptions
- 55 Totally Different Wedding Cake Flavors That Your Guests Will Never Forget
- 55 Totally Different Wedding Cake Flavours That Your Guests Will Never Forget
- How to Decorate a Plain Wedding Cake in 30 Different Ways
What Is the Average Cost of a Wedding Cake?
However, while the average cost of a wedding cake is roughly £300, it is becoming increasingly usual for couples to desire a wedding cake that is unique and takes centre stage at their reception – simply search for ‘wedding cake’ on Instagram to see some absolutely incredible designs! Cakes like these, on the other hand, have a monetary price tag attached to them.
How Much Should I Pay for a Wedding Cake?
- Remember that there is no ″correct″ answer; instead, consider how significant the cake is to your celebration.
- For those of you who enjoy baking or just have a sweet appetite, it may be appropriate to allocate a larger portion of your money to the cake.
- If you and your spouse, on the other hand, are adamantly opposed to the concept of a celebratory sponge, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t celebrate at all!
Take into consideration the occasion for which the cake is being served.Are you utilizing it for ornamental purposes as a dessert table highlight and not intending to serve it to everyone, or are you using it in lieu of your pudding and intending to serve it to each and every person in attendance?
What Factors Affect the Price of a Wedding Cake?
When it comes to purchasing a wedding cake, there are a variety of various aspects that will influence the price you will pay.
The Time of Year
- The cost of wedding cakes does not fluctuate significantly depending on the season, in contrast to certain other types of wedding suppliers that modify their pricing at different seasons of the year.
- Having said that, if you’re getting married during peak wedding season and/or on a weekend, you might expect to notice an increase in prices because wedding cake providers will be at their busiest.
The Location of Your Wedding
- Wedding cake vendors in London and the South East tend to charge greater costs than those in the rest of the nation, however there are a variety of other factors that influence the final price of the cake.
- You should also consider the possibility of additional shipping fees.
- Nicola Nicholls of The Pretty Sugar Cake Company explains that ″location might contribute to the overall cost of the cake because most cake makers will charge a delivery fee depending on round trip mileage/time needed to deliver and set up the cake.″ ″Selecting a vendor that is closer to the venue might be more cost effective in some cases.″ READ MORE: 63 Stunning Wedding Cake Designs to Inspire Your Big Day
The Wedding Cake Size
- The final cost of your wedding cake will be determined by the size of your wedding cake and the number of guests that will be served by it.
- In order to feed at least 100 wedding guests, you’ll need a wedding cake with three to four layers at a minimum, which will raise your total cost to around £400.
- In the words of Dee Farrance, owner of Sugar High Cakes, ″we always advise and encourage our clients to remember that when you purchase a wedding cake, you are mostly paying for the artist’s time.″ ″It may take up to a week to make a three-tiered wedding cake,″ says the baker.
The Wedding Cake Design
- However, while the size of your wedding cake will be a big element in the pricing, the design of your wedding cake will have the greatest impact on how much it costs you in terms of money.
- The creation of a cake design with a lot of detail, such as handcrafted sugar flowers, hand-piping details, ruffles, and other embellishments, takes significantly longer, which raises the cost of the cake, according to Nicola.
- ″The creation of a single sugar rose might take up to an hour.
Custom sugar flowers, hand piping detail, ruffles, stenciling work, and other labor-intensive elements will increase the cost of the cake, since you are paying for the baker’s time and expertise.″ Naked wedding cakes, for example, may be prepared with significantly less effort than cakes covered in fondant and decorated with handcrafted sugar decorations, resulting in a lower overall cost.You may believe that going custom will increase the cost, and in some circumstances, this is true – but not in all cases.According to Nicola, ″the pricing will always depend on what the design is, whether it is a prior design that has been requested or an entirely new design.″ ″For example, a very basic new design would be less expensive than a prior, more intricate design, which would be more expensive.
My cakes are always made to order since there are always certain features that are unique to each cake.″
The Wedding Cake Ingredients
While the size of your wedding cake will be a big element in the pricing, the design you pick will have the most impact on how much your wedding cake will cost you in terms of dollars.As Nicola points out, ″a cake design with a lot of detail like handcrafted sugar flowers, hand-piping details, ruffles and other similar embellishments takes significantly longer to construct, which raises the price of the cake.″ ″It takes take an hour to produce a single sugar rose!!Custom sugar flowers, hand piping detail, ruffles, stenciling work, and other labor-intensive elements will increase the cost of the cake, since you are paying for the baker’s time and talent.″ In comparison to fondant and handcrafted sugar embellishments, naked wedding cakes, for example, require far less labor, resulting in a lower cost.Although you may believe that choosing bespoke will increase the cost, this is not necessarily the case.According to Nicola, ″the cost will always be determined by the design, whether it be a prior design that has been requested or an entirely new design.″ ″If you compare the cost of a new design with a prior design that was extremely detailed, the cost of a basic new design is cheaper.I make each cake to order since there are always certain features that are unique to each dessert.″
What Type of Wedding Cake Can You Get for Your Budget?
With the goal of making the process of purchasing your wedding cake as simple and straight forward as possible, we’ve put up a comprehensive list of what you can anticipate from a cake maker for pricing ranging between £100 and more than £1,000.While these costs are not the same for all wedding cake vendors due to a variety of elements to take into consideration, they serve as useful guides for couples who are unsure of what they may obtain for their budget.
Wedding Cakes Up to £150
Instead of fondant, a very basic, single-tiered wedding cake may be had for less than £100.It will be frosted with buttercream (or left bare) rather than fondant.Although, given that this is the lower end of the spectrum, there isn’t much opportunity for individualized embellishments or show-stoppers, with £100 to spend, you can expect to receive a tiny, basic, and beautiful wedding cake that will serve around 20-30 people on average.Cake topper and flowers (check with your florist first to ensure that the flowers are appropriate for the cake) may always be used to add interest to a cake.Select a supermarket design and decorate it yourself, or choose a smaller cake design and save money by purchasing a larger cake for less money.A wedding cake that serves up to 120 guests is available from merchants such as Marks & Spencer and Waitrose if you are planning a huge wedding party.
However, while this is a fantastic offer for couples who are looking to save money on their wedding cake, the cakes are mass-produced and generally only come in a few basic flavors, such as chocolate or lemon.MORE INFORMATION: Supermarket Wedding Cakes: Low-Cost Wedding Cakes from the High Street
Wedding Cakes for £150 – £300
Increasing your wedding cake budget to around £300 will provide you with additional possibilities. You can anticipate to be able to buy a more elaborate single-tier wedding cake or a tiny two-tier wedding cake with a plain or bare design that serves up to 50 guests.
Wedding Cakes for £300 – £400
More possibilities are available if you increase your wedding cake budget to around £300.00. You can anticipate to be able to buy a more elaborate single-tier wedding cake or a tiny two-tier wedding cake with a simple or bare design that serves up to 50 people..
Wedding Cakes for £450 – £600
Designing a cake in this pricing category may be quite complicated, according to Ann’s Designer Cakes’ team: ″Our nude, royal iced swirl or drip wedding cakes are an excellent indication of what you can expect to pay in this price range.Even though the designs of these cakes are simple, we are able to create something really lovely and special for a couple’s wedding by using fresh fruits, berries, and silk flowers into the design.″ This pricing range is the beginning point for a three-tier fondant cake that will serve 80-120 guests on a budget.Couples with a budget of £600 for their wedding cake should expect more design work and a greater variety of flavors than those with a lesser budget.
Wedding Cakes for £700 – £800
Increasing your wedding cake budget to £800 offers you a whole new world of possibilities. Couples should anticipate at least three or four six-inch tiers, sugar work, and flower arrangements — as well as other design components – for this fee. READ MORE: 63 Stunning Wedding Cake Designs to Inspire Your Big Day
Wedding Cakes for £800 – £1,000
You will receive even more creative work and attention to detail if you increase your wedding cake budget to £1,000 or more.″According to Dee, ″for this price, you should anticipate the majority of four-tier cakes and some simpler five-tier desserts to be available.″ ″These cakes will typically incorporate some time-consuming aspects, such as intricate fondant fabric effects, hand piping patterns, or hand-painted embellishments,″ says the author.More information may be found at ’33 Questions You Should Ask Your Wedding Cake Maker ‘.A couple that expects their wedding cake to be a genuine focal point at their celebration, and to really stand out and be adored, should be prepared to pay this amount,″ adds the expert ″Laura expresses herself.″A great deal of detailed labor goes into these cakes, and they are frequently coated in a great deal of sugar work and intricacy.″
Wedding Cakes Over £1,000
For a wedding cake that costs more than £1,000, you can expect nothing less than an extraordinary confectionary creation.You’ll be dealing with a very experienced and talented cake decorator who is likely to be booked up months in advance of your wedding.Expect at least two consultations to create a completely customized cake: an initial appointment to discuss needs and sample a variety of cake flavors, followed by a second visit to inspect the design and finalize details.The options available at this pricing point are mind-boggling.These cakes start at seven levels and can incorporate custom-made elements as well as intricately crafted bespoke emblems and logos.A discount on extra sweet goods like as edible favors, cake pops, and cookies may also be available for you to take advantage of.
It’s really easy to go over budget on your wedding – so make sure you’ve read our 7 suggestions for staying on track with your budget before planning your big day!
What is the best wedding cake size for 150 guests?
The following are the measurements for a 5 layer wedding cake that would be appropriate for 150 guests when planning a wedding cake for 150 people.
In total 148 servings
Average price of this wedding cake size for 150 guests
In the United States, you can expect to pay an average price of between $650 and $700 for the wedding cake size illustrated above in the year 2022.Metropolitan cities such as Los Angeles and New York are more costly than the rest of the country; prices in these places can be up to 25 percent more than the national average.Please keep in mind that a wedding cake is not a standard product, and that the look and flavor of the cake are highly dependent on the skill of the baker.The cost of the cake is also determined by the components used and the manner in which it is adorned.As a result, real prices may differ from those represented by the average prices displayed here.
Why do we suggest this wedding cake size for 150 guests?
This is an excellent option for a 150-person gathering due to a variety of advantages, including:
1 – Perfect presentation
The way you present yourself during your wedding is quite significant.A higher cake, such as this one with 5 tiers, appears to be far more remarkable than smaller cakes with a greater radius of rotation.Making a towering cake a focal point of the reception, no matter how busy it is, brings more attention to it and elevates it from the ordinary.In addition, because each layer is exactly proportioned, this cake appears to be exceedingly lovely and exquisite.Every layer is 2 inches thicker or thinner than the one above or below it.You may also add decorations to your cake, such as a little wedding couple figure placed at the top of the tall cake, cake sparklers, satin ribbons, and silk or edible flowers, to make it seem even more elegant and festive.
2 – Allows to prepare a tier for people with food allergies
It is estimated that around 10% of the population in the United States suffers from a food allergy.Cow’s milk, eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts are the most prevalent foods to which people are allergic.When entertaining 150 people, it is reasonable to anticipate around 15 guests who have food allergies.Guests with severe food allergies may be accommodated on the second or third tier from the top, depending on the situation.
3 – Easy to save the top tier for your anniversary
Your first wedding anniversary is a significant occasion, and you’ll want to cherish the beautiful memories you had with your loved ones.In many cultures, newlywed couples have a practice of removing the top tier of their wedding cake and storing it in the freezer for a year.It’s possible that you’ll want to do the same on your first special day.It is advised that you save the top tier of your cake in the 4″ size since it is ideal for packing and freezing without taking up too much room.Even if you don’t serve the top tier, you’ll still have enough food to feed all 150 people.Because not everyone will want the cake, and because children may always be fed half portions, There are certain bakeries that do not provide a variety of sizes.
Alternatives to the above, on the other hand, are available that will still be able to meet your requirements.Our wedding cake calculator assisted us in determining the finest wedding cake alternatives for you to pick from, which we then presented to you.Below are two other options that might be ideal for a wedding with about 150 guests as well.
Best Alternative1 for 150 guests – 4 tier wedding cake, each tier is 6″ high
Here’s a wonderful option that comes in at the following dimensions:
There were a total of 157 servings. Guests with food allergies may be accommodated on the second tier from the top, which might be carefully prepared. In the United States, the average cost of this cake in 2022 will be $650 – $700, or around $4.30 – $4.70 per person.
Best Alternative2 for 150 guests – 4 tier wedding cake, each tier is 4″ high
Here’s still another excellent variation with the following dimensions:
There will be a total of 150 servings.Guests with food allergies may be accommodated on the second tier from the top, which might be carefully prepared.In the United States, the average cost of this cake in 2022 will be $600 – $650, or around $4.00 – $4.35 per person.Generally speaking, you should make sure that your cake delivers at least one serving every person who will be attending.In particular, when the cake is being delivered personally to each guest by the waiters, it is important to follow these guidelines.If your total servings are somewhat less than 150, it is OK to provide half portions to little children.
If, on the other hand, you have a dessert table where each visitor must obtain their own slice of cake, you will likely require fewer than 150 servings.Not every visitor will want to partake in the cake.Many wedding planners advise that in such instances, you should only need to cater to about 80-90 percent of your guests, according to their experience.Your wedding cake will need to serve around 125-135 portions for a total of 150 guests.When you enter the number of people, the Wedding Cake Calculator will display the wedding cakes that have been located, as well as the average cost.Also included is additional information, such as useful infographics with wedding cake cutting charts and other useful resources.
We also go through the factors that influence the price of the wedding cake and what you should look out for when placing your order.How do you choose the best wedding cake for a party of 150 people?A wide variety of flavors, sizes, and colors are available for wedding cake creations.It might be difficult to choose the right wedding cake for your guests when there are so many options available.However, in order to make things a little simpler for you, we’ve compiled a list of some crucial considerations you should keep in mind.
1 – Get the cake with the best presentation
When it comes to your wedding cake, appearance is quite crucial, as we previously stated.You must put on a presentation that will leave all of your visitors speechless and in amazement.When it comes to designing a wedding cake for 150 people, the size and positioning of the cake are critical considerations to make.Professional wedding planners and bakers can assist you with your planning needs.As long as you’re at it, make certain that your decorations are as striking.Here are a few suggestions:
When selecting flowers to garnish your wedding cake, it may be a good idea to choose for fake flowers rather than real ones.Silk flowers can also allow you to save money on your floral arrangements.Real flowers can also be used if you want them to match your other wedding flowers; however, bear in mind that it is typically a lot of work to do so.For those looking for something that can be personalized and is also food safe, sugar blossoms make an excellent choice.
Sparklers are a great way to add some excitement to your wedding cake. It causes the cake to garner a great deal of attention. Make certain that you use food-grade products in order to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
The satin ribbon on the wedding cake is a lovely finishing touch to the whole design. Select a color that is complementary to your theme.
A wedding couple on top of the cake
Similarly, a cake topper is another sort of decoration that has been around for quite some time. It could help to make your wedding cake appear more presentable. You may customise it and make it appear more like you and your future spouse by using 3D scanning and printing techniques.
The wedding cake table
Even while it is crucial for the wedding cake to be visually appealing, don’t forget about the other things on the table as well.Consider the tablecloth and the cake stand, for example, both of which have a significant impact on how the whole picture appears.Flowers, ribbons, candles, champagne, glasses, dishes, plants, and cutlery are some of the other items that may be used to decorate a party.
2 – Pick the right taste choices for your 150 guests
With wedding cakes, there is an almost limitless range of tastes to choose from.You should choose a flavor that will appeal to the majority of your 150 visitors so that everyone can enjoy the cake.The filling and the topping are the most essential factors in determining the overall flavor.There is no limit to the variety of mouth-watering tastes available.There are a variety of flavors to choose from, including classics like vanilla and more adventurous selections like salted caramel, tuxedo torte, and chocolate raspberry truffle.You have the option to select whatever one you wish.
Many guests consider the cake cutting to be the most enjoyable portion of the event.You should think about when and how you’ll be cutting the wedding cake while planning your wedding.When cutting the first slice of cake from the bottom layer of a 5-tier wedding cake, it is customary for the newlyweds to do so together.In addition, this layer is the most solid layer and, as a result, is the easiest to cut.When cutting your wedding cake in front of 150 people, follow these procedures:
- Before you begin to cut the cake, make sure you have a plate and two forks available.
- Typically, the guests would be seated, and the newlyweds will be summoned forward to pose with the cake for photographs. Photographs might also be taken by family and friends at this time.
- It is customary for the bride to take up the knife, and the groom to place his hand over the bride’s. However, any posture is acceptable
- traditionally, the woman is positioned to the right of the groom
- however, either position is acceptable
- The cake will be sliced, and additional photographs will be taken of the newlyweds.
- While the bride and groom are enjoying the first bite of their meal. There are a few of different approaches that are commonly used to accomplish this:
- Take a bite off of either fork and feed each other at the same time.
- Each couple feeds the other after each other – the groom feeds the bride first, and vice versa
- Parents are expected to cut the first slice of cake and present it to the newlyweds in some traditions.
- You might kiss the bride and groom goodbye at the end of the ceremony.
- It is customary for trained staff members from your wedding site to cut the leftover slices for your guests. A slice of cake can be served by servers, or customers might help themselves to a piece of cake
- Following the completion of your cake-cutting ceremony, the staff will be responsible for dividing the cake into servings for the guests. Using the photographs below, you can see the pattern that should be followed when cutting the cake that was advised. The following are five high-resolution charts that demonstrate how to divide each cake layer into pieces. The chart may be opened in another browser tab and printed, which can then be used as a template for cutting the cake when you’re ready. Tier 1 (12′′) contains 64 servings
- Tier 2 (10′′) contains 36 servings
- Tier 3 (8′′) contains 28 servings
- Tier 4 (6′′) contains 14 servings
- Tier 5 (4′′) contains 6 servings.
There were a total of 148 servings.Please note that you are using this service at your own risk.Please review the site’s terms and conditions.Your wedding day is by far one of the most significant days of your life, and you want everything to be perfect on that day.One of those things is, without a doubt, the wedding dessert.Your wedding cake will be excellent for 150 guests if you follow the instructions