There are two main methods for making a diaper cake — the roll-up and the wrap methods: For a roll-up diaper cake, roll up each individual diaper and secure it with a small rubber band so that it can’t unfurl. You can also tie a ribbon around each, but this is more time consuming. Set each one aside until you’ve rolled them all up.
How many diapers do you need to make a diaper cake?
Most diaper cakes use about 50 to 75 newborn or size 1 diapers. A cake topper (a stuffed animal, ribbon, board book, etc.)
What kind of diapers do you use for a diaper cake?
Disposable diapers are the most popular diapers used to make diaper cakes, and if there is no brand preference, then go for a safe brand such as Huggies or Pampers. Regarding the size of the diapers, it is a good idea to go for larger size diapers.
How do you secure a diaper cake to the base?
Remove the diaper cake and using box cutters, cut the base out. Using wide painters tape or masking tape, make a large loop and put it on the cardboard base. Put the diaper cake back on. This secures it to the base.
What do I need for nappy cake?
- 70 size 3 nappies.
- A large cardboard or.
- A cake plate (as a base)
- A nice bottle (e.g. a juice bottle or body lotion for the new mum)
- Scissors and pins.
- 70x rubber bands (3 cm)
- 8x large rubber bands (approx. 8 cm)
- Coloured ribbons and bows.
What do you put in a nappy cake?
Here is a complete and handy shopping list:
- 60 diapers.
- Thick cardboard.
- 7 washcloths or teething blankets.
- 67 rubber bands.
- 3 extra-large rubber bands.
- Empty paper towel roll.
- 2-inch wide ribbon.
How many diapers do you need for a size 2 diaper cake?
For a 2 tier diaper cake you’ll need 28 diapers, for a 3 tier diaper cake you’ll need 62 diapers and for a 4 tier diaper cake you’ll need 118 diapers.
How many diapers does it take to make a 3 layer diaper cake?
This depends on the size and shape of the diaper cake you’re creating, but you’ll probably need anywhere from 38 to 64 diapers for a three-tier cake.
Which diapers are all white?
pampers all white diapers
Can you use a pie pan for a diaper cake?
Most diaper cakes will have about three layers, but you can do as few as one or two. If you can’t find any pie pans, you can use other round, shallow containers—just make sure that the container is no more than half the diaper’s height. This will make it easier to tie the diapers together later on.
How to make a stroller diaper cake?
Here’s how to make a stroller diaper cake in just a few easy steps. 1. Gather What You’ll Need to Make a Stroller Diaper Cake Assortment of baby accessories such as blankets, stuffed animals, bottles, pacifiers, etc. 2. Create the Base of the Stroller Remove the lids of two shoeboxes. You won’t need the lids for this project.
How many diaper rolls do I need to make a cake?
We used 10 for our base tier and another five for the top layer. Now, stand up the diaper rolls and secure with large rubber bands to create your two “cake” layers. Now, stand up the diaper rolls and secure with large rubber bands to create your two layers.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Diaper Cake for a Baby Shower
- On January 12, 2022, an update was made. Diaper cakes are a popular choice for baby showers since they can be used as both an utilitarian present and a decorative centerpiece. It’s possible to purchase diaper cakes from a number of internet shops, but it’s not that difficult to make them from scratch. It may take a little time, but you will save money in the long run. The exact number of components you will require for a diaper cake will be determined by the size of the cake you choose as well as the amount of money you wish to spend on the endeavor. The majority of diaper cakes include between 50 and 75 newborn or size 1 diapers. Here’s everything you’ll need to get started: A cake topper (such as a plush animal, ribbon, board book, or other similar item)
- a sheet of cardboard or a cake plate
- clear stretch jewelry cord
- disposable or cloth diapers
- rubber bands
- a sheet of cardboard or a cake plate
Besides diapers and wipes, you may choose to include other products including as rattles, board books, teething rings, baby wash and lotion, diaper rash medication, baby wipes, bibs, and other accessories in your diaper cake as well. 1
Prepare the Diapers
Preparing the diapers should be the first step. However, you can substitute cloth diapers with disposable diapers if that is what the parents desire. Roll up the diapers securely one at a time, starting at the front of the diaper and working your way back to the rear. Rubber bands can be used to keep it in place. 2
Build the Base
Cut a length of transparent stretch jewelry cord to suit the perimeter of the diaper cake’s base layer, making sure it is not too tight.Place objects such as baby lotion, baby wipes, or toys in the middle of the cardboard or cake plate, and then begin inserting the wrapped up diapers one by one until you’ve constructed a circular shape out of the cardboard or cake plate.The diapers should be held together using a length of stretch jewelry cord wrapped around them to form the foundation layer.3
Build the Second Layer
Another layer of diapers folded up and tied together with a length of stretch cord can be added on top of the first. Make certain that the diapers are placed close together. If there are any gaps between the diapers or any exposed rubber bands, tie a piece of ribbon around the layer to conceal it. Follow these instructions to complete the construction of the remaining stages. 4
Decorate the Diaper Cake
Decorate the diaper cake with board books, teething rings, and other tiny trinkets after all of the tiers have been secured and completed.Put them within the ribbon or attach them to the tiers if you want to be really fancy.This is an excellent time to truly personalize the project for the baby’s mother and father, so don’t be afraid to be imaginative.If the gender and name of the infant are known, you might provide that information as well.
- The concept is to make the diaper cake both visually appealing and functional at the same time.
Add the Finishing Touches
Finish the diaper cake with a topper of your choice to complete the look.A stuffed animal, such as a teddy bear, is usually a safe bet, but you could also go for something that matches the theme of the shower or the baby’s room instead of a traditional stuffed animal.For example, a plush monkey would make an excellent topper if the baby’s nursery is to be designed after the jungle, and a stack of board books would be ideal if the parents have requested that shower visitors assist in the creation of the baby’s reading library.Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
- Thank you for taking the time to join up.
- There was a clerical error.
- Please try your search again.
DIY Diaper Cake Decorating Ideas
Once you’ve constructed the diaper cake, you may get creative with its decoration.When it comes to decorating a diaper cake, the possibilities are endless.For example, you might choose to decorate it in pink or blue to correspond with the gender of the baby, or you could select a theme for the baby shower and decorate it in lovely colors and designs!The following are some of the most often used items to design diaper cakes: Ribbons – A lovely ribbon is essential for a diaper cake.
- The elastic bands are concealed by a ribbon that is wound around the tiers.
- You can also use ribbon to make some adorable bows to round off the look.
- Embellishments – When it comes to decorating your diaper cake, there are several options available to you.
- Bows, flowers, paper flowers, curling ribbon, and booties are just a few of the many popular options available.
- You could even use baby headbands to hold the cake together, which would act as an additional present for the recipient.
Diaper Cake Topper – Every cake has a topper, and using a cake topper on the diaper cake helps to conceal the cardboard tube’s top.You might decorate the top of the cake with paper flowers, ribbon, real flowers, a cake topper, or a pair of baby booties, for example.A plethora of choices exists.
How To Make a Diaper Cake
Baby showers appear to be a recurring theme in my life.It is always a joyous occasion to commemorate the beginning of a new life.An excellent baby shower décor is a diaper cake, which you can see here.An adorable diaper cake provides a lovely centerpiece for a baby shower, whether it is placed on the buffet table or on the present table.
- Not only is it lovely, but it is also really functional!
- An ordinary diaper case may be transformed into an elegant diaper cake with a few decorative touches.
Supplies to Make a Diaper Cake
- Diapers are often less expensive when purchased in bulk. You’ll need at least 80 points. I like to get a case so that I am confident in my supplies. Consider the age of the infant when choosing a size — it’s always preferable to err on the side of caution and go with a larger size just in case. Pampers brand diapers were purchased since they were on sale at the time. TIP: Keep an eye out for case bargains at large box shops.
- Various sizes of elastic bands were purchased from the dollar shop in a package of 10. Although you’ll need some little ones to use for the individual diapers, larger ones will be required to keep the whole package together. Always remember that you can always wrap the larger ones around a number of times, so don’t be concerned about acquiring a variety of sizes
- A long cardboard tube – similar to a paper towel roll – was used. I made use of a tube that my vinyl came in contact with. The diaper cake will be more stable as a result of this.
- A piece of cardboard to use as a foundation — I just used an Amazon box for this. Simply trim it to size after it has been assembled. No one will be able to see it
- Box cutters to cut the cardboard
- painter’s tape or masking tape to secure the diaper cake to the cardboard base
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the cardboard
- box cutters to cut the
- The use of long skewers or even take-out chopsticks will aid in keeping the layers together.
- Ribbon should be big enough to cover your elastic bands, but not wider than the length of the diapers itself. I bought 2 inch wide burlap ribbon from the dollar shop to use on the project. It is completely up to you what color and style you want to use to complement or fit the baby shower’s style or theme.
- The use of a glue gun will aid in the adhesion of the ribbon
- decorations (more on these later)
How to Make a Diaper Cake
- Individual diapers should be rolled and secured with an elastic band in the center. I prefer to roll with the open end first because I believe it creates a more professional appearance. This may appear to be a time-consuming process, but don’t be concerned — it will be completed quickly. While watching an episode of Grey’s Anatomy, I worked on a case from start to finish. This is a simple chore that may be completed while watching television.
- Assemble the basic layer of the structure. Stand the cardboard tube on the cardboard base up and wrap a single layer of wrapped diapers around it to provide a protective barrier between them. A big elastic band should be used to secure the entire round of diapers
- otherwise, they will fall over. Pulling that huge elastic back and inserting extra diapers will allow you to move more diapers around. Continue to build up the layers until you have at least three layers. The quantity of diapers you use is determined by the number of diapers you have on hand as well as the diameter and length of the cardboard tube. For the bottom tier of my diaper cake, I utilized 46 diapers, which totaled 46 diapers (Pampers, size 2). For the exterior layer, I turned the diapers so that the seam was facing inwards, which worked out well for me. So that everything is ″smooth″ on the exterior, it is smooth on the inside as well. Assemble the second layer, which is just for cosmetic purposes. Set up a roll of wrapped diapers around the cardboard tube in the same manner as you did for the foundation layer. An elastic band can be used to keep it in place. The layer will grow in size as you add more – but it will not be as large as the bottom layer. I used 24 diapers for my second layer
- assemble the third layer in the same manner as you did the second layer. Make certain that it is not larger than the second layer. It should have the appearance of a three-tiered wedding cake made entirely of diapers! I used a total of ten diapers for my third layer.
- Attach each layer together by inserting a long skewer or take-out chopstick through all three layers and securing it with tape. Repeat this process around the whole diaper cake a few times. If you are unable to get the skewer down through the diaper itself, you can tuck it beneath the elastic that holds the wrapped diaper together.
- Wrap each layer with a long ribbon — this will hide all of the elastic bands on the layers. The burlap ribbon I chose was fastened with a glue gun, which is what I had on hand. If you were using any other type of cloth ribbon, you would most likely do something similar. Alternatively, if you’re using a lighter or thinner ribbon, double-sided tape may also be effective.
- Given that my cardboard tube was significantly higher than my diaper cake, I wrapped the tube with broad ribbon and placed a fourth tier on top of the ribbon. I slipped four diapers into the actual tube itself. Alternatively, I could have simply cut off the extra tube, but I figured it would be simpler this way because I was still wearing diapers.
- Place your diaper cake on a piece of cardboard and secure it with tape. Trace around the cardboard with your pencil. Remove the diaper cake from the pan and cut out the base of the cake with box cutters. Make a huge loop using broad painters tape or masking tape and attach it to the cardboard base with double-sided tape. Replace the diaper cake on the bed. This holds it firmly to the ground. Simply said, this makes it easier to move around. My low-tack tape was chosen because I was concerned that the tape may damage some of the diapers (because of being too sticky). I only required enough to hold it to the cardboard base
- nothing more.
You now have the foundation for your diaper cake.If you choose to keep it like way, it looks fantastic and would create a stunning focal point in any room.However, if you want to make it even more attractive, continue reading.I used three layers of diapers, but if you have less diapers, you might use only two layers.
- When it comes to crafting a diaper cake, you have a lot of options.
- Make a decision depending on the appearance you wish to achieve and your financial constraints.
How to Decorate Your Diaper Cake
- There are a plethora of options when it comes to decorating your diaper cake. Here are a few ideas to get you started. I constructed a cake topper with the baby’s name on it to put on top of the cake for the celebration. Make a cake topper with your Cricut cutting machine by following these instructions:
- You might also use a toy to decorate the top of your diaper cake, like as a customized teddy animal. Check out this tutorial on how to apply HTV on stuffies.
- Wrap the cake with a garland to make it look more festive. With an autumn theme in mind for the diaper cake I prepared, some dollar store leaf garland wrapped around it added a great finishing touch.
- You may cut out shapes that correspond to the theme using your Cricut or another cutting machine (or even scissors!). Consider the alphabet, animals, and baby symbols such as onesies or diapers. You may even edit off the baby’s first name or first initial if you wanted to.
- Decorate the cake with little baby objects, such as a baby bottle or a sippy cup on the cake. Add a soother, a baby thermometer, or other little baby objects to the diaper cake on different levels, and place them throughout the cake. All of these tiny additions will be really beneficial to the new mother. Double-sided tape, looped painters tape, or masking tape can be used to hold the cake together
- you could even wrap the entire cake in tulle or cellophane. This makes it less difficult to move and transfer the item.
- Artificial flowers are attractive cake decorations because they closely resemble genuine flowers.
Displaying Your Diaper Cake
As previously said, this cake provides an excellent centerpiece for any occasion, whether on the buffet table or on the gift table.Do you want to go the additional mile?Place the diaper cake on a cake stand to display it!There are so many options that this crafting project may be altered and personalized in any manner that you want it to look.
- It’s a beautiful and functional baby shower decoration at the same time.
- I used a total of 84 diapers to make my diaper cake for my daughter.
- Your diapering strategy is determined by the size of your diapers as well as the amount of layers in your diapering system.
- Using fewer diapers (just 2 layers) or more diapers (up to 4 layers) is a simple option (wider layers and more layers).
- Other baby shower decoration ideas may be found on our website.
Check out this blog article for more information.Do you have any spare diapers?Build them into table centerpieces – keep an eye out for my future blog article, in which I demonstrate how to make table centerpieces out of diapers.
- In the case of diapers
- The use of elastic bands in abundance
- Long cardboard tube
- cut-to-size cardboard for the base
- masking tape
- and other materials.
- Skewers that are long
- A long ribbon
- Each diaper should be rolled individually and secured with an elastic band.
- Place your long cardboard tube in the center of the cardboard foundation, and then surround it with a layer of diapers that are standing up on their ends. Make a huge elastic band to hold it all together
- then add another layer all around. Apply another layer by wrapping the elastic band holding the prior one around this one
- then apply a third layer. Again, wrap the elastic band around the entire structure to keep everything in place
- repeat the process to add a second level in the same manner. Do not make all of the layers the same width – only two layers should be used. Make the third level in the same fashion as the first two. Secure with an elastic band. This time, though, it is not as large as the second level. Secure with an elastic band
- insert skewers into each of the three tiers to help it stay in place. Continually repeat this process all around the diaper cake, wrapping ribbon around each tier to conceal the elastic band. Glue it down with a glue gun.
- Remove your diaper cake from the cardboard foundation by sliding it off. If necessary, trim the bottom of the base. Place the diaper cake back on top after applying masking tape. This will assist in keeping it firmly attached to the base and making it easier to transport
When I create diaper cakes, I like to make three layers, but if you don’t have enough diapers, you may make two tiers instead. Do you want to keep the recipe for this gorgeous diaper cake in mind? Don’t forget to pin it to your favorite Pinterest board.
DIY nappy cake – instructions to make your own
A handcrafted diaper cake is unquestionably the most popular type of baby gift. Along with being adorable, it is also jam-packed with practical goods. In addition to a large number of nappies, the cake may be embellished with a variety of practical baby presents.
Nappy Cake Instructions
You only require a little time, a little love, and some clear directions in order to put together a multi-tiered diaper cake. The most essential thing to remember is to plan ahead of time. Colors and components for your DIY nappy cake come to mind when creating this project.. The following list will be of use to you.
- 70 nappies in size 3
- A huge piece of cardboard or a cake plate (for use as a basis).
- For the new mother, a pleasant bottle (such as a juice bottle or body lotion) is appropriate.
- Scissors and pins are required.
- Rubber bands (3 cm in diameter)
- 8 big rubber bands (about 8 cm in diameter)
- ribbons and bows in coordinating colors
- wrapping paper in coordinating colors
- Gifts for babies of varying sizes
Approximately 60 minutes will be necessary.Difficulty level: simple Cost: 45–60 euros (about).It is entirely up to you the elements you choose to design the diaper cake.It is possible to include some presents for the new parents in addition to basic baby items in your basket.
- Gifts such as nursing tea or a pleasant body lotion, for example, might be appropriate for first-time parents.
- You may vary the amount of diapers and the materials used in your nappy cake based on the size and height of your nappy cake.
To ensure that you have all of the supplies you need before beginning to make your own diaper cake, it is advisable to put out all of the components on a table beforehand.
Step 1: Making the base
In order to ensure that your handmade diaper cake is stable and easy to carry, you must first construct a sturdy base.Take the huge piece of cardboard and cut it into a circle with a circular cutter.We propose a diameter of around 35 cm.Wrap the cardboard with wrapping paper to give it a professional appearance.
- As an alternative, you can use a cake plate or a tray as a basis for your creation.
- This also includes a bonus gift with the purchase of the present.
Step 2: Rolling the nappies
Once you’ve created a visually appealing foundation, it’s time to begin rolling all of the diapers.Begin by unfolding the diapers and flipping them inside out to see the interior of the diapers.Roll up the nappies so that the printed side is on the inside and all of the diapers are white when you are through using them.Each roll should be secured with a thin rubber band to ensure that it does not come undone.
- Instead of using diapers, you can use little baby socks to cover the diapers.
Step 3: Stacking the nappies
- It is now necessary to stack the diapers. Begin with the bottom tier by inserting a bottle in the center of your cake foundation for support. As you stack the diapers, the bottle helps to keep them in place. For the new mum’s body lotion, you may, of course, use the juice bottle as an alternative concealment device. Place a large rubber band around the bottle and begin to stack a row of napkins between the bottle and the rubber band, working your way around. The bottle should be surrounded by the first row of diapers. The second row of diapers should be wrapped around the first row of diapers with another rubber band, followed by a third row to finish the first layer. Small baby presents such as baby powder or care wipes can be tucked away in the gaps to provide an extra little surprise for the parents. Both the second and third stages are constructed in the same manner as the first, but with fewer diapers each. There are 42 diapers needed for the bottom tier of a three-stage nappy cake, 22 diapers for the middle tier, and 6 diapers for the top tier of the cake.
Baby socks are the perfect fit over a single rolled-up diaper when used alone. Add several pairs of socks on the top of the cake to create a gorgeous scattering of colors. Baby socks are the perfect fit over a single rolled-up diaper when used alone. Add several pairs of socks on the top of the cake to create a gorgeous scattering of colors.
Step 4: Decorating with ribbons and small gifts
The cake may now be decorated when all of the diapers have been positioned properly.To begin, take a long, broad ribbon and cut it to the appropriate length.Once you’ve finished, wrap a ribbon around each layer to keep the elastic bands from showing.You may either pin the ribbons together or knot them together in a beautiful bow.
- If you layer two color-coordinated ribbons on top of each other rather than simply one, the handmade diaper cake will seem even more attractive than before.
- It is important that the ribbon in the back be broader than the ribbon in the front.
- You may now add some tiny gifts on the cake to make it look more festive.
- Small toy animals or a bottle can be used as diaper cake decorations instead of real flowers or candy.
- If you want to make your diaper present more personal, you may write the baby’s name on some little flags and use some thread and paper straws to create a cake topper for the baby’s birthday cake.
Simply by following a few simple steps, you can transform your nappy cake into a castle diaper cake.Simply place some diaper towers on top of the cake and you’ve got yourself a fantastic castle for the young princess.Simply by following a few simple steps, you can transform your nappy cake into a castle diaper cake.Simply place some diaper towers on top of the cake and you’ve got yourself a fantastic castle for the young princess.
Decorating for boys and girls
You may, of course, change the colors to correspond to the gender of the newborn baby boy or girl.The essential directions for making the diaper cake remain the same; all that is required is that you select various decorations, ribbons, and baby utensils to customize it.If you are unsure about the gender of the baby, you can utilize neutral colors.Colors in the green or yellow spectrum are highly effective.
Nappy cake for girls: Dreamy soft pink tones
Your daughters’ diaper cake will be really adorable in gentle pink tones.When it comes to designing the diaper cake, you may use your imagination.Many wonderful ideas are available, like pink stockings over part of the diapers, a little ring connected to the edge of the cake, and miniature pink shoes used as diaper cake toppers.You may even conceal little baby presents in the spaces between diapers to provide an added element of surprise.
- Baby bodysuits in neutral colors or pink bibs, for example, might be included in this category.
- It is important to ensure that the different colors of pink do not clash when selecting the ribbons.
- You may use some grey ribbons to complement the pink ones and give the arrangement a more balanced look.
- You may discover a wide variety of girl’s baby items in our online store or at one of our physical locations.
Nappy cake for boys: Playful pastel blue tones
If you already know that the new baby is a boy, you may adorn your diaper cake with pastel blues and other hues of blue to match his gender.Light blue ribbon and bows can be used in a variety of ways, including plain and subtle patterns.Dark blue ribbons can also be utilized to add a little of contrast to the design.This will give the diaper cake a bit more of a fun appearance.
- To make a variation of the DIY nappy cake that uses small blue socks, you may cover individual diapers with the socks.
- Socks with spots will be very appealing.
- Bodysuits and bibs in neutral colors, as well as flannel cloths, can be tucked away inside the cake.
- To finish off the decorations, place care items in miniature blue bottles throughout the room, along with a matching doll and a doll chain in matching colors of blue, and a small plush animal for the kids to play with.
- Of course, the finishing touch will be provided by a diaper cake topper.
Personalized flags with the baby’s name on them or a charming small baby bottle would be ideal for this occasion.All of the baby products for boys that you will need to design your nappy cake may be found in our online shop or in one of our locations.Have a good time creating and presenting this cake!Everything you’ll need to make your diaper cake is included:
How to Make a Diaper Cake for Baby Showers
- Finding a present for a baby shower can be difficult for people who want to offer something unique and memorable that will be cherished by the recipient. Simple blankets and toys may be transformed into something spectacular with the help of a diaper cake, which you can be sure will not wind up collecting dust in a drawer after the holiday season. Creating diaper cakes is a fun way to blend the practical with the unexpected, and they’re surprisingly simple to put together. This will make the mother-to-be chuckle, and you will have given her something that she will cherish and use for months to come. Make a small amount of shopping Before you begin, you’ll need to acquire a few components that will be used in the construction of your masterpiece. Because many babies never wear the newborn size and grow out of the size 1s in an alarmingly short period of time, size 2 diapers are the best option for your cake. Choose washcloths and blankets in a variety of colors and designs to add some vibrancy to your dessert. As a cake topper, use a specific toy or plush animal that you have. Rattles, teething rings, shampoo bottles, and baby oil may all be used as cake decorations to add a little something extra. Here is a comprehensive and convenient shopping list: sixty-five diapers
- heavy cardboard
- seven washcloths or teething blankets
- sixty-seven rubber bands
- three extra-large rubber bands
- an empty paper towel roll, a pencil, two-inch wide ribbon, double-sided tape, scissors
- Cake topper
- decorative toys for the table
Let’s get this ball rolling.Begin by tightly wrapping each diaper into a cylinder, starting at the crotch and working your way up to the waistband.You’ll hold them together by putting a rubber band around the middle of each one.This is a time-consuming task, but consider how lovely something as commonplace as a diaper will be once you’ve completed it.
- Roll the washcloths and fasten them in the same manner; they will be used to create the top tier of the cake, making it seem even more opulent and elaborate.
- Creating the Cake’s Layers To begin constructing the first tier, place the paper towel roll in front of you and fold it in half.
- Diapers should be used to surround the roll, creating the appearance of pillars around a tower.
- After that, create a second diaper circle around the first, and then a third diaper circle around the first.
- An extra-large rubber band wrapped around the whole layer of diapers is used to keep the tier together.
This tier will most likely require 36 diapers, while the exact number will depend on how tightly you’ve wrapped the diapers.If your cake isn’t looking particularly gorgeous at this point, don’t worry; it will once the rubber bands are wrapped in ribbon and decorated.Place this tier on top of the cardboard and draw a circle around it to make it look more professional.Cut out the circle and set it on top of the first tier.Repeat with the second tier.
You’ll find that doing so will provide a sturdy foundation for the diaper cake and make it much easier to carry.You may build a middle layer by stacking rolled diapers on top of each other in a second, smaller tier on top of the first tier.For this layer, you’ll probably just need around 18 diapers, if that.This tier should be secured using the second large rubber band that you have.Continue to work on it; it’s beginning to resemble a cake by the minute.Those washcloths are on their way.
Place the rolled washcloths on top of the second stack, with one in the middle and the other six washcloths surrounding the center washcloth.Alternate the colors of the washcloths, or you could even construct a rainbow out of them, to show off your artistic skills.Roll up the washcloths and secure them with the third large rubber band.Then, using a pencil, poke a hole through the top layer and down into the second tier to hold the layers together.
You don’t want the top layer of the cake to fall over during the gathering.Final Thrills and Exaltations Is it still not looking like a cake?Just hold just a minute.
- Wrap the ribbon around the tiers so that it covers the big rubber bands that hold them together.
- Double-sided tape should be used to secure it, and you should do this for each tier.
- Place any toys, supplies, and other memorabilia in and around each layer – try to stick to a theme, such as beneath the sea, rainforest, or the alphabet.
- Finish off the cake with something so delicious that it could well become the new baby’s favorite toy: a Personal Creations stuffed animal or stuffed animal.
- Soft & Snuggly Lamb would be ideal for this occasion.
- In front of a room full with ″as and applause, present the cake.
- Was your cake a hit with your guests?
- Was it a hit with the soon-to-be mother?
- Was she under the impression that it was a real cake?
- Please let us know how the celebration went, as well as how you personalized the cake.
How To Make A Diaper Cake: Easy 2, 3 & 4 Tier Options!
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links.This means that if you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, I may receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.For further information, please view my disclaimer.Thank you.
- Welcome to this step-by-step guide on how to construct a 2, 3, or 4-tier diaper cake!
- I’ll show you how to bake a diaper cake that the expecting parents will be raving about.
- These lovely cakes are usually a huge success with everyone!
- This guide will provide you with a comprehensive list of DIY diaper cake supplies, as well as step-by-step diaper cake instructions that will put you on the path to success.
- Diaper cakes are one-of-a-kind and considerate presents that don’t have to cost a lot of money to purchase.
It doesn’t get any better than giving a practical present that you know the expecting parents will appreciate and utilize.Related post: Personalized Baby Gifts That Are One-of-a-Kind Let’s get this party started.
How many diapers do you need to make a diaper cake?
This, of course, is dependent on the size of the diaper cake that you choose to create. A diaper cake with two tiers will require 28 diapers, a diaper cake with three tiers will require 62 diapers, and a diaper cake with four tiers will necessitate 118 diapers.
What size diapers are best for a diaper cake?
Because a large number of infants never fit into newborn diapers, your best chance is to get size 1 or size 2 diapers. As a result, the new parents will have enough time to deconstruct the cake and use the diapers before their child grows into the next size.
What are the best diapers to use for a diaper cake?
If the soon-to-be parents have a favorite brand, they would be the most appropriate options. If you don’t want to use colored diapers, you can use white diapers or diapers with patterns that match the theme of your cake. For myself, I prefer to use the Target Up & Up brand diapers because they are white and reasonably priced.
How much does a diaper cake cost?
Price ranges for diaper cakes are influenced by a variety of things, including the type of diapers used and if they are wrapped in swaddling blankets.You may also customize your cake by adding different types of accessories.Using this method, I was able to create a four-tier diaper cake for about $30 (thanks to some wonderful Target dollar section purchases!).If you choose pricey diapers, high-end swaddles, and elaborate decorations, the cost can easily rise to $100 (or even more) or even more.
Diaper cake supplies needed:
- Price ranges for diaper cakes are influenced by a variety of things, including the type of diapers used and if they are wrapped in swaddling blankets. You may also customize your cake with different types of accessories. With the help of some wonderful Target dollar section buys, I was able to create a four-tier diaper cake for about $30 using this technique. If you choose high-end diapers, swaddles, and decorations, the cost can rapidly rise to $100 (or even more) or more.
Because the materials required are so basic, it is rather simple to get started. Rubber bands, tape, and ribbon, for example, may be purchased for pennies at your local dollar shop or in the dollar area at Target for pennies. You may even acquire pizza pans or chargers to use as your basis if you so wish.
How to make a diaper cake
Complete step-by-step instructions on how to make a 3 & 4 tier diaper cake:
- Fold in half and fasten in the center with a rubber band (I recommend doing this while watching your favorite television program!) *See the section below for information on how to roll diapers properly.
- Using cardboard circles (about 11.5′′ and 8.5′′ in diameter, the top layer does not require a base unless you desire one), construct the structure. You can use a variety of different-sized mixing bowls or buckets to get the desired sizes.
- The paper towel roll should be hot glued to the cardboard foundation.
- 34 diapers should be aligned in a circle around the paper towel roll.
- Clear tape should be used to secure it around the centre.
- Remove the paper towel roll from the first tier and insert it into a hole in the second tier of cardboard
- 20 diapers should be arranged in a circle around the paper towel roll and secured with transparent tape.
- Insert a single diaper into the top of a paper towel roll until it is the height of the remaining four diapers placed in another circle for the top layer
- repeat with the remaining four diapers.
- Put transparent tape in the centre of the tier and you’re ready to add your fourth tier or start decorating.
Diaper cake instructions for a 4th tier:
- Using cardboard, cut out a larger-sized foundation (about 14′′ in diameter).
- Glue a toilet paper roll to the middle of the picture with hot glue
- Place the diapers in concentric layers around the toilet paper roll so that they form a circle.
- Clear tape should be used to secure the item all the way around.
- Top of toilet paper roll to center of foundation of previously created three-tiered cake with hot glue (optional).
There you have it! A gorgeous 4 layer diaper cake foundation ready for decoration.
Embellishments used for this rainbow lucky charm diaper cake:
- The diapers were placed underneath and above the base of each layer, and I used shredded paper in a rainbow of colors (for Easter baskets).
- Cake is decorated with a wide gold ribbon wrapped in a huge bow and affixed to the front of the cake.
- Around St. Patrick’s Day, you may see leprechaun and rainbow figures in the dollar area at Target
- Coins made of gold and green chocolate
How to make 2 tier mini diaper cakes (often used as centerpieces!)
A diaper cake with two tiers requires around 28 diapers per cake.In order to properly roll your diapers, you’ll need to use a transparent rubber band to bind them.After that, you’ll need to cut a circle out of cardboard or use a tiny ornamental plate as a base, and you’ll want to hot glue a toilet paper roll to the middle of the circle.Afterwards, you must arrange 20 diapers in a circle and secure them with transparent tape.
- After that, place a diaper into the toilet paper roll so that it is sturdy and of equal height with the remaining 6 diapers, which you will arrange in a circle around the central one at this point.
- Clear tape things in place, and you’re ready to start adding ribbon and accessories!
Frequently Asked Q’s
How do you roll diapers for a diaper cake?
The most effective technique to roll diapers is to begin at the top ruffled area and work your way down to the base. One rubber band will hold the diaper in place if you roll from the base, however two rubber bands will be required to keep the frills in place if you roll from the top.
How do you attach things to a diaper cake?
- It all depends on what you’re attaching, but here are a few of my favorite tools to have on hand: Glue dots, clear tape, ribbon, pipe cleaners, wooden skewers or popsicle sticks, hot glue, paperclips, and other similar materials
There’s no way around it: you don’t want anything stuck on the diapers if you want the expecting parents to be able to utilize them. Alternately, you may use a popsicle stick that you can place into a diaper to wrap a ribbon around the object and glue it to the ribbon around the tiers.
How do you tie ribbon in a perfect bow?
Isn’t it amazing how much of a difference it makes?! This YouTube video by Lia Griffith demonstrates how to create a flawless bow in a short amount of time every time. Everyday tasks like as diaper cakes, gift wrapping, and putting ribbons on coats and gowns are made easier by using this approach. It’s just perfect!
Where can I buy a pre-made diaper cake?
If you are short on time or are not in the mood to make your own diaper cake, there are plenty of pre-made diaper cakes available for purchase on Etsy.You can find out more about them right here.That’s all there is to it, my friends.Thank you for taking the time to read this guide on how to create a diaper cake.
- Please feel free to leave any questions or comments in the section below.
- Best of luck with your creation!
- Xo,Kinzy You might also be interested in: Unique Personalized Baby Gifts for the Newborn Baby Create a personalized children’s book featuring your child.
How to Make a Diaper Cake in a Few Easy Steps
Return to the top of the page A newborn can go through as many as 12 diapers in a single day (!).In addition, as every new parent is well aware, diapers may rapidly become the main focus of your household when you have a newborn.So why not make them the focal point of a baby shower celebration?Not only a large package of diapers, but also a ″cake″ fashioned entirely of diapers.
- Diaper cakes have been a trendy concept at baby showers in recent years.
- And, despite the fact that they appear hard, this project is far less difficult to do than you may expect.
- Discover all you need to know about creating a distinctive diaper cake centerpiece that the expecting mother will like in this article.
What is a diaper cake?
A diaper cake is a cake-shaped construction made of diapers and decorated with flowers or plush animals.It is traditionally served at birthday parties.In most cases, it consists of two or three tiers of rolled diapers that are wrapped in ribbon to make them look like frosting on a cake.You may personalize the design of your diaper cake to match the overall theme of the baby shower you’re hosting.
- Despite the fact that the most common cake form is a round one, many baby shower hosts create diaper cakes in the shape of vehicles, motorbikes, and even animals to decorate their tables (unicorns and elephants are popular choices).
Why make a diaper cake?
Making a diaper cake is a thoughtful and entertaining idea for any baby shower, whether you are hosting or attending.Diaper cakes not only make a kind present and a charming centerpiece, but they’re also quite useful in a variety of situations.After all, new parents can never have too many diapers on hand, so these cakes may be a much-appreciated present for the mom-to-be to take home with her after the baby shower.Some baby shower guests choose to include additional diapering products in the cake (like as wipes and diaper cream) in order to make the present even more helpful for the expecting mother.
How many diapers do you need for a diaper cake?
You’ll need anywhere from 38 to 64 diapers for a three-tier diaper cake, depending on the size and style of the cake you’re crafting.Here’s a decent approach to figure out what your number is: Decide how big you want the bottom of the cake to be and how many diapers you think it will take to make that base, then multiply that number by two.Consider how many layers you’d like to have in total after that.Dividing the number of diapers in the tier below it by two will give you an estimate of the number of diapers you will need for the following tier in each tier.
- A three-tier cake with a bottom layer composed of 32 diapers would require 16 diapers on the middle layer and eight diapers on the top layer, for example.
How to make a diaper cake
Although they appear complicated, making do-it-yourself diaper cakes is surprisingly simple and can be completed in a few simple steps (and a little bit of patience).You most likely already have most of the ingredients you’ll need at home, and you may personalize your diaper cake by adding embellishments of your choosing.Watch the video instruction below for a step-by-step breakdown of the process: How to Make a Diaper Cake (with Pictures)
Supplies you’ll need:
- double-sided tape
- rubber bands
- washi tape
- paper towel tubes
- Scotch tape
- Attach a tube to a circular piece of cardboard with masking tape
- 50 diapers should be rolled up and tied together with rubber bands.
- Tie the diapers in a ring around the tube to keep them in place.
- Stack additional rings of diapers on top of the first stack.
- Wrap the ribbon over the string to conceal it.
- Using washi tape, wrap the cardboard around the edge of the table.
- Glue letters on the ribbon with a glue stick
- Decorate the space
Heidi Murkoff’s What to Expect When You’re Expecting is in its fifth edition.
How to make a diaper cake with lots of helpful tips and tricks plus tons of inspiration for how to decorate diaper cakes.
This is your one-stop shop for all you need to know about baking a diaper cake!Diaper cakes are a stacked stack of diapers that are rolled or folded to resemble a classic tiered cake in appearance.As a result, they are one of my favorite presents to bring to a baby shower because they can be used as a centerpiece.A diaper cake may be a delightful focus point for baby shower decorations, and it is easy to make one yourself.
- The process of customizing a diaper cake to match a party theme is quite enjoyable.
- Plus, they’re a practical present that you know will be appreciated by every new mom you know.
- The next section contains all of the information you’ll need to prepare a diaper cake for a baby shower.
- You will be able to do this task with the assistance of this comprehensive collection of instructions, I guarantee it!
- In this tutorial, I’ll lead you through the steps of acquiring supplies, constructing the diaper cake’s structure, and then the fun part: decorating it.
Best Diapers to Use for a Diaper Cake
A diaper cake might be difficult to put together because there are so many different types of diapers available.My first recommendation is to get a larger size of diaper…Because kids outgrow newborn and size 1 diapers so fast, many moms get these sizes as presents for their children.I recommend that you purchase size 2, 3, or 4 diapers.
- Another option is to hunt for plain white diapers or to discover a patterned diaper and choose one that will fit the colors in your nursery decor.
- There are some extremely cute diapers available these days, many of which have fashionable designs printed on them, and these diapers may really dress up a diaper cake or baby shower.
- Here are a few of my favorite diaper brands to use for diaper cakes that I enjoy making: One of my favorites are the Huggies with the limited edition Mickey Mouse pattern…
- very sweet!
Pampers Swaddlers are the greatest all-white diaper available on the market.3.Cloud Island Diapers from Target are available in a variety of adorable patterns for both boys and girls.4.Hello Bello Diapers from Walmart come in a variety of fashionable designs.
5.Honest Diapers are available in a variety of adorable patterns.6.Target’s Up and Up Brand Diapers are a more economical choice, and the design is modest enough that you may get away with using them.
Choose A Base for your Diaper Cake
- Building a diaper cake on a firm base will be essential, especially if you intend to take it to a baby shower or if you want to be able to bring it home with the expectant mother. Here are a few ideas for diaper cake bases that you might find useful: Spray paint it, leave it silver, add a circle of scrapbook paper or hot glue some trim around the sides of a metal pizza pan from Dollar Tree.
- Every type of plastic or melamine charger would work well as the foundation of your diaper cake. 2. Chargers These may be found at practically any craft store, and they are also available at Dollar Tree.
- Cake Board — Look in the cake decorating department of your local craft shop for pre-cut cardboard circles that may be used to construct genuine cakes from scratch. Besides that, they are ideal for constructing diaper cakes.
- The use of a tiered cake stand, in conjunction with a cake board, is recommended if you want to transport the diaper cake in one piece, but it does provide for a visually appealing presentation during the celebration
How Many Diapers Do I Need To Make A Diaper Cake?
The quantity of diapers you will use to build a diaper cake is determined by the size of the completed cake and the number of layers you intend to use.A larger number of diapers equals a larger cake.You may use the following diaper cake sizing chart to estimate how many diapers you will need to purchase, though.The bottom tier of the diaper cakes I create has a diameter of roughly 12-14 inches and is approximately 12-14 inches high.
- I used the following number of diapers: The size of the completed diaper cake will be influenced by the size of the diapers you use, which will be a minor factor.
- In order to make all of the diaper cakes depicted in this post, I needed size 4 diapers.
- Use newborn or size 1 diapers to make up for the little size difference.
- You may need to add one or two additional diapers to each cycle if you are using newborn or size 1.
Diaper Cake Supply List
- You’ll need the following items to put together your diaper cake. 51 regular-sized rubber bands (one for each diaper and one for wrapping around the top tier)
- 50 diapers
- 51 regular-sized rubber bands
- File Bands (for wrapping around the bottom two layers of the tiers)
- 2 extra-large rubber bands, often known as file bands
- 1 cake base
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- wide ribbon (or other alternative—see below)
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- Decorations (see the list of possibilities below)
- a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- a piece of cardstock
Diaper Cake Assembly Instructions
- One diaper should be rolled up and secured with a thin rubber band. Place a hefty bottle of baby lotion or shampoo in the center of the cake base and repeat the process with the remaining diapers. Additionally, an empty paper towel or wrapping paper tube can be utilized.
- Begin by forming a layer of rolled-up diapers around the bottle all the way around. To keep everything together, wrap a big rubber band around the outside of each individual diaper and fasten it in place. I recommend having the foundation layer three diapers deep, but you may use as many as you need to completely cover the cake base equally.
- Make a second layer on top of the first and reduce the size by at least one round of diapers before putting the second layer together. Repeat the process for the third layer, as well as any more layers you choose to add if needed.
Whenever your diapers have formed the shape of a three-tiered cake, you are ready to begin decorating.
Diaper Cake Decorating Ideas
Every diaper cake must include three types of decorations:
- Ribbon. Tulle, rolled-up receiving blankets, or even wrapping paper or scrapbook paper cut into strips can be used in place of ribbon, but you can be creative with what you use.
- A charming cake topper for a special occasion. Making a decorative addition to the top of the cake will make it appear finished and will conceal the hole where the paper towel tube or lotion bottle could be visible
- Embellishments are ideal for this. These are the ornamental accessories that will give your diaper cake that extra ″wow″ factor that everyone will be talking about. You can use paper flowers, silk flowers, paper shreds, curling ribbon, small toys, bows, floral picks, baby booties, small stuffed animals, or anything else that you think would be cute or that would fit with the theme of your baby shower
- however, if you want to be more creative, you can use a combination of materials.
Here are some ideas for designing diaper cakes for both boys and girls. I’ve included a description of each cake below the photo for your convenience.
Paper Flowers and Patterned Ribbon | Glitter Scrapbook Paper, Fabric and Curling Ribbon | Burlap, Twine and Faux Succulents | Ribbon, Paper Shreds and Rubber Duckies | Cowboy Bandanas and Paper Star Cupcake Picks | Colorful Tulle and a Unicorn Horn | Burlap, Ribbon, Twine and a Teddy Bear | Floral Diapers, Ribbon and a Silk Flower Topper | Striped Ribbon and Cascading Silk Flowers
Be creative and have fun when it comes to decorating a diaper cake.There are countless possibilities.Check out this baby shower burp cloth bouquet if you’re seeking for another creative and entertaining baby shower present idea.In learning how to bake a diaper cake, I hope you’ve found this tutorial to be of use.
- Note: Please pin the image to your Pinterest board so you can easily access this information later.
How to Make a Diaper Cake in Three Ridiculously Easy Steps
Discovering how to bake a diaper cake is a simple process that, once mastered, is second nature.This simple diaper cake DIY guide will demonstrate just how simple it is to make a diaper cake from scratch!I’m not sure when it originated, but diaper cakes were a popular dessert at some point in time.Diaper cakes are much cuter than Snickers poke cakes, which I myself would have preferred for my baby shower.
- After attending and organizing a plethora of baby showers (I can’t tell you how many baby shower games I’ve devised), I thought it was finally time to learn how to bake a diaper cake.
- I’ve waited a long time for something so easy!
- It’s literally a three-step process, after which you can get as creative as you want with the decorations (or not).
- You may also personalize the diaper cake to match one of these baby shower themes, or any other theme that you choose to use.
- And, perhaps most importantly, a diaper cake is one of the finest baby shower presents since it contains a collection of new mom basics that have been made adorable!
Diaper Cake Supplies
Before you begin, double-check that you have all of the necessary items.When you reach to the second layer, you don’t want to realize that you don’t have everything you need since it will make it 10 times more difficult to finish!I’ve also provided information on how many diapers should be used for a diaper cake because I’ve been the person who purchases a box of diapers just to discover that there aren’t enough diapers inside!In addition, if you’d like to print this, make sure you go to the bottom of this article for printable instructions!
Diaper Cake Instructions
Okay, so there are really just three phases to this: creating your diaper layers, covering your diaper layers, and decorating your diaper layers. You can see how simple it is by watching the video included in this post.
1 – Make your Cake
The first step is to roll up each of your diapers and bind them with a little rubber band, as seen below.Continue in this manner until all of your diapers have been rolled and fastened!It is recommended to wrap the rubber band around twice if your rubber bands are a little sloppy.As soon as you’ve finished rolling all of your diapers, place your tall object in the center of the cake stand and surround it with the wrapped diapers to form a ring.
- Once the diapers have been thoroughly coated, wrap a big rubber band around the ring of diapers to form your foundation layer.
- It is necessary to repeat the process and form another diaper circle around the previous one, in order to get the desired thickness of the bottom layer of the cake.
- As soon as your bottom layer is secure, go ahead and repeat the process with a second and third layer — the only difference this time is that you will only be doing one ring, rather than two for each layer.
2 – Wrap Your Cake
There are a plethora of various materials with which to wrap your cake, but my personal favorite is a large, thick ribbon.I believe that is the greatest resemblance to a real cake!You may also use fabric, lace, or anything else you wish to wrap it in; just make sure it will wrap up nice and tight.If you want to wrap your cake, start on one side of the cake (ideally the side that will be on the back), wrap around the cake, and fasten with tape or a straight pin at the end.
- For aesthetic reasons, I like the straight pin.
3 – Decorate the Diaper Cake
Decorating a diaper cake is one of the most enjoyable aspects of making one at home.Decorating the diaper cake is completely up to you and may be customized to match your theme, color scheme, the baby’s nursery, or practically any other design scheme you like!To simply adorn the cake with little toys, baby booties, and utilitarian objects (such as wash towels) that the mother-to-be may use with the child, is the concept.Anything else that will make the cake appear adorable is welcome as well.
- The tucking of wash towels, socks, and other small items into the rolls of diapers is one of my favorite things to do while making a cake.
- It makes it so that the items are not seen just by glancing at the cake.
- Because the cake is meant to be a decoration, it may seem illogical to include surprises in the cake, but it is a lot of fun for the mom-to-be to discover them as she is tearing the cake apart to retain the pieces after the baby shower!
- Almost as entertaining as these funny baby shower games, almost as entertaining.
- And there you have it – the prettiest homemade diaper cake ever!
This diaper cake guide was written in the hopes of assisting you in your diaper cake endeavors.What appears to be a complicated process turns out to be a simple and effective method to add a themed and personal touch to any baby shower!Combine this with these adorable baby shower goodies to create the ideal shower!
Roll the diapers up as tightly as you can to prevent leakage.If they’re too loose, the cake won’t look as attractive and it will be more difficult to maintain the cake’s appearance.Make a little diaper cake by simply reducing the number of diapers used in the guide to the minimum required.Use things that you would truly offer to the mother-to-be as decorations rather than items that are purely for decoration sake.
- Make the cake more personal by adding embellishments.