Throw in some candy. Box cakes are very often simple vanilla or chocolate cakes with a simple topping.
How much batter does a box mix cake make?
Each box mix cake creates four cups of batter when prepared using the instructions on the box. All of the following cake mix extender recipes stretch that to six cups of batter. Make sure you take that into account when you’re calculating how much batter you’re going to need for your cake.
How to make chocolate box cake better with pudding?
How to make chocolate box cake better with pudding: Simply add one box of Jell-O instant pudding to a box of cake mix. The gelatinous nature helps with super moist, fluffy texture of the cake. Tip: Add sour cream or cream cheese for a little bit of “tang”.
What do you put in a chocolate box cake mix?
Amp up your cake batter with 1/2 a cup of chips, raisins, candy, nuts, or banana. They add texture and homemade flavors to your chocolate box cake. Remember to coat your mix-ins in some flour or cocoa powder (for chocolate cake) so that they don’t sink to the bottom of your batter.
How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
Step 1: Look at the directions on the cake mix. Step 2: Add one more egg (or add 2 if you want it to be very rich). Step 3: Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount. Step 4: Instead of water, use whole milk.
What can I add to box cake to make it better?
Most box cake recipes call for vegetable or canola oil. The only trouble is, these oils have almost no flavor. Replace the oil with an equal amount of melted butter (and a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter), to boost richness. For an extra decadent cake, add two tablespoons of mayonnaise.
How do you make boxed box taste homemade?
Try adding a few of these tips to your box cake mix taste better!
- Use milk instead of water.
- Add extra eggs.
- Add sugar and flour to the dry mix.
- Use coffee instead of water for chocolate cakes.
- Sour Cream is perfect for adding moisture and rich flavor.
- Pudding adds moisture and flavor.
How do you make a box cake more dense and moist?
Add the amount of eggs called for in the recipe but add two extra egg yolks. The extra yolks add the density and moisture you’d find in a bakery cake! Milk: Add MILK, not water, when your box mix calls for liquid. The milk adds density, fat and, most importantly, extra flavor to your mix.
Why is my box cake crumbly but moist?
What causes a cake to be dry and/or crumbly? A. To keep your cake from getting dry or crumbly, use all the eggs called for in the package directions and use large eggs, rather than small ones. If you’re not sure what size eggs you have, measure them: 3 whole large eggs equals 2/3 cup; 3 egg whites equals 1/2 cup.
What happens if you put more eggs in a cake?
However, if you add too many eggs to your cake batter, then your end result could be spongy, rubbery, or dense. Like flour, eggs build structure in a cake, so they make a cake batter more bonded and dense.
What does adding pudding to a cake mix do?
Adding pudding to cake mix doesn’t change the flavor enormously, but it does help in making the cake moist and more homemade tasting. Also, the instant pudding can help cakes remain fresh longer. Due to these elements, a pudding mix is perfect for quick bread, sheet cakes, and bundt cakes.
What is a secret ingredient to moisten cakes?
Olive oil in the batter is the secret to a moist, tender cake with lots of character.
Should I add pudding to my cake mix?
Adding pudding to cake mix is always a great way to make your cake – or any baked goods – stay soft. It’s the secret to my Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies, for example. Sour cream also keeps the Doctored Cake Mix moist and lends a little bit of “tang” to the recipe. It’s similar to using buttermilk in a recipe!
How much sour cream do I add to cake mix?
According to food-science blog Food Crumbles, sour cream can help thicken a cake and make it moister. And, since sour cream contains fat, your cake will also be richer. Per baking blog Liv for Cake, you may want to start by adding about 1 cup of sour cream.
Do bakers use box cake mix?
I have worked in quite a few bakeries and the majority of them use a cake mix when making their cakes. The basics of the cake mix is what you find in traditional store box mix, but then there are different added ingredients which make the cake the traditional bakery cake you are used to.
What can you do with a cake mix?
19 Random and Delightful Things You Can Make with Boxed Cake Mix
- Birthday Cake Shots. Steven Baboun.
- Pumpkin Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
- Birthday Cake-Flavored Soft Pretzels.
- Cake Batter Fudge.
- 3-ingredient Cake Mix Cookies.
- Birthday Cake-Mix Bread.
- Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle.
- Cake Mix Gooey Butter Lemon Cookies.
Can you use milk instead of water in box cake mix?
The average cake mix calls for the most boring of liquids: water. Instead of using water, use a dairy product. Replacing the water with milk will make your cake instantly taste homemade, while using buttermilk will make it taste rich and creamy.
Can I use butter instead of oil in box cake mix?
Use butter instead of oil
Most boxed cake mixes call for a neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable. Next time, try using melted butter in place of the oil in a 1-to-1 substitution. Not only will your cake get a buttery flavor boost, but it will also have a firmer, denser texture.
Can you substitute butter for oil in cake mix?
You can absolutely substitute butter for the vegetable oil. Use the same quantity specified in the directions (for example, if it calls for 1/3 cup of oil, use 5 1/3 tablespoons of butter). Melt it down, then let it cool a bit. You might not ever go back to oil!
How do you increase a box cake mix?
How to make a boxed cake mix taste better?
How to Improve Boxed Cake Mix
- Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded Boxed cakes are one of the most straightforward methods of baking a cake available today.
- Because they are commonly available, they also include many of the elements you will need.
- Boxed cakes, on the other hand, have the advantage of being extremely easy to customize and transform into genuinely one-of-a-kind and delectable masterpieces.
- You may transform a boxed cake into a handcrafted beauty by making modifications to the recipe, upgrading the components, and adding distinctive toppings.
- 1 Toss in a few pieces of candy. Box cakes are frequently basic vanilla or chocolate cakes with a simple icing or frosting on the top. The quickest and most straightforward approach to liven up a plain cake is to include some candies into the mixture before baking it. By including some candy into the batter, you may turn your cake into a one-of-a-kind treat for the entire family. Add famous chocolate candies to your batter to make it more interesting. Consider include bits of Snickers, Baby Ruth, Heath Bar, or other chocolate chocolates in your recipe
- for example,
- Sugar candies should be dropped into the batter. Make your batter more interesting by mixing in gummy worms or peppermint bits
- if you prefer something more straightforward, simply mix in chocolate or butterscotch chips
- Make an effort to match your creation to the season.
- 2 Add the ingredients to your batter. There are a plethora of ingredients that you may use into your batter to make it better. The taste combinations you can make are virtually difficult to define at the end of the day. Consider include the following: Add half a cup of sour cream to your vanilla boxed cake to make it richer.
- The following ingredients: a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter, pumpkin puree, nuts, and/or coconut flakes or even coconut milk
- fruits such as strawberries, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, or even pineapple
- Promotional material
- 3 Spices or extracts can be added to your batter. You will be able to customise your boxed cake by incorporating spices and extracts into the batter. Finally, spices allow you to experiment with a broad variety of cake flavors and combinations. You can increase the amount of vanilla extract in your batter by one teaspoon.
- Consider the possibility of incorporating some lemon essence into a yellow boxed cake to transform it into a lemon cake. Start with a few of teaspoons and gradually increase the amount to your liking
- In order to make one boxed cake, use between two and three teaspoons of spices.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves are some of the most widely used spices.
- Make the necessary adjustments to your components. For example, if you are adding candy pieces to your boxed cake, you may want to reduce the amount of spices you use.
- Make a tiny amount of spices and test the batter to determine whether it requires more
- 4 Add some color to your batter. While adding sweets to your cake may improve the overall flavor, adding color will give it a genuinely distinctive personality. As a result, consider the various hues into which you could wish to change your batter. Coloring your batter works best with vanilla cakes
- food coloring can be used to change the appearance of your batter. Consider using different colors like as blue, red, yellow, green, or other hues
- color your batter according to the festival. Try dyeing your batter green for St. Patrick’s Day, crimson for Valentine’s Day, or even green and red for Christmas to celebrate the holiday.
- 1 Decorate the top of your cake with various toppings. The majority of box cakes come with a basic icing as a finishing touch. If you put the frosting first and then add a variety of ingredients on top, you may make it look more authentic-looking. One or more of the following ideas may be used: breaking up Oreos and scattering them on top of the icing
- putting whip cream on top of the frosting
- decorating a boxed cake with blueberries or another sort of berry
- and many more ideas are available.
- 2 Make your own homemade frosting. Simple boxed cakes are sometimes elevated to a whole new level by the addition of homemade icing. By making your own preferred icing, you may personalize a plain cake and make it stand out from the crowd. Consider: By combining several tablespoons of cream cheese with the pre-packaged frosting and spreading it on the cake’s top,
- In the meantime, create a chocolate frosting (or use store-bought chocolate frosting that has been pre-prepared) and use it to decorate your boxed vanilla cake.
- Substituting frosting for the whip cream and decorating the top of the cake with strawberries or another fruit
- 3 Make a cake with two layers of icing. However, while baking a double-layered cake may appear to be a difficult task, you may quickly transform a single-story cake into an elaborate tiered cake. To assemble your layer cake, follow these steps: Bake your cake according to the directions on the box.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the cake into two layers. This may be accomplished by cutting the cake in half halfway up. For example, if the cake is two inches tall, divide it in half at one inch intervals
- Remove the top layer of the cake
- spread your frosting and toppings over the bottom layer of the cake
- replace the top layer of the cake on the cake and spread more frosting on it.
- 1 Make substitutions for the listed items. Boxed cake mixes sometimes ask for only the bare minimum or low-quality ingredients. As a result, swapping certain components for others in your cake mix is one of the simplest methods to improve your cake mix. The box cake will end up taste richer and more handmade as a result of this transformation. Swap substitute low-fat milk for cream or full milk, and use coffee instead of water in chocolate cakes to make them more decadent. This will enhance the flavor of your cake by making it richer and more complex.
- 2 Continue to add ingredients. The simplest approach to improve your boxed cake mix is to just add extra of the ingredients listed on the package. By using more components, you will be able to make the cake richer and more flavorful. In the end, your cake will look and taste more like a handcrafted cake than a box cake from the grocery store. Increase the number of eggs. For example, if the recipe asks for two eggs, you can substitute a third. To make the cake taste richer, increase the amount of sugar used in the recipe. However, proceed with caution. Consider doubling or tripling the amount specified in the box by 10 percent or 20 percent.
- More vanilla should be added. More vanilla extract may enhance the flavor and texture of your boxed cake. As with sugar, just a 10 percent to 20 percent increase is necessary.
- 3 Follow the recipe exactly. By enlarging the recipe, you will not only increase the size of the finished product, but you will also have the opportunity to use new and better ingredients. At the end of the day, you’ll have more cake to share with your loved ones. Increase the quantities of the ingredients by a factor of two. For example, if a recipe calls for two eggs, use four instead
- It is possible that you will need to include additional ingredients such as flour, sugar, baking powder, and so on.
- Make certain that all of your ingredients are proportionately adjusted. Adding more flour, for example, does not mean adding more sugar, eggs, milk, and everything else.
Question Add a new question Question Generally speaking, how long after the best-before date can I use eggs for baking? I would not recommend using eggs more than 1-2 days after the expiration date, at the very most.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
About This Article
Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been read 21,972 times so far.
How to Extend a Boxed Cake Mix: 3 Recipe Options
Expert in the art of baking cakes and cookies, as well as in the field of desserts generally. Of course, they are titles that have been bestowed upon them.
What Is a Cake Extender?
- We cake professionals all have a secret trick under our sleeves to preserve our cakes tasting their finest while employing shortcuts that have been tried and true for years.
- One of those tricks is also something of a closely kept secret amongst our group.
- It’s the cake mix extender that comes in a box.
- Many expert cake designers start with a boxed cake mix and work their way up from there.
- And, after all, why not?
Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines have spent decades perfecting their recipe, ensuring that every single cake you bake tastes precisely the same, with no surprises at the end of the baking process.Betty Crocker is my personal favorite box brand, and I use it on a regular basis.That is something I am not afraid to acknowledge.You may, on the other hand, find yourself in a dilemma if you don’t have enough boxed cake mix to make a large enough cake.Alternatively, you may like your cake to appear more handcrafted than it would if it were baked from a boxed mix.
Every single one of these extenders has been personally tested by me, and I’ve listed them in the following order: ″all-time favorite″ to ″it actually works.″
How Much Batter Do You Need?
- A layer is the single cake that comes out of your cake pan after it has been baked.
- Tiers are what you get when you put another layer on top of the first, with icing in the middle.
- The majority of professional cakes are constructed of two two-inch layers that are joined together to form a four-inch tier.
- When using frosting, the tier will typically measure five inches in height in its whole.
- First and foremost, you must choose how tall you require your cake tier to be.
Then you have to determine if you want a multi-tiered system or a single-tiered system.In order to build a multi-tiered cake, you must first choose the size of the pans that you will be using for the cake.The general rule of thumb is to provide two inches of space between each stage of a pyramid structure.This implies that if you’re making a two-tier cake, you need use pans that are six inches and eight inches in diameter.Use a batter chart to determine how much batter you’ll need overall in order to figure out how much batter you’ll need in total.
To make baking more efficient, I recommend calculating exactly how much batter you’ll need before you begin baking.Using this method, you will not be caught off guard and will not be left with your hands in the air and your head in the clouds.When made according to the directions on the box, each box mix cake yields four cups of cake batter when baked.All of the cake mix extender recipes that follow will increase that amount to six cups of batter.
If you’re estimating how much batter you’ll need for your cake, make sure to factor it into your calculations.One final tip for determining how much batter to use: it’s critical to know how many people your cake will serve in order to calculate how much batter to use.There are several charts available that will instruct you on how to calculate the number of people that can be served by each size of pan.
- There is no point in serving a cake that has so much left over that it will wind up in the garbage, and there is no point in serving a cake that leaves everyone wanting more.
Read More From Delishably
1. My Personal Favorite Cake Extender
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla emulsion
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla emulsion
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cake flour
- It is not necessary to follow any extra instructions with this extension.
- All that is required is that you thoroughly combine the ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Keep in mind that this recipe will yield 6 cups of batter, and an 8-inch cake pan can accommodate 4 cups of batter only.
- Make sure not to overfill your cake pans.
- Simply follow the baking directions on the box and you’ll be done in no time.
2. Second-Best Cake Extender Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup granulated flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla emulsion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla emulsion
- Preparation of the box mix is identical to that of the previous recipe; simply follow the directions on the package.
- Using your hands, combine all of the other ingredients in whichever order you like, just until there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth.
- Cakes should be baked according to the directions on the package.
- The reason this is my second-favorite recipe is that it does not include quite as much fat as my first, and it appears that the cakes are not quite as moist as my first one.
- This recipe, on the other hand, is still extremely nice and produces a wonderful cake.
3. Third-Favorite Cake Extender Recipe
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preparing this extender does not necessitate the use of any specific instructions.
- It’s simple and straightforward.
- Mix the box mix according to the package directions, then add the remaining ingredients and continue to mix until the mixture is beautiful and smooth.
- The reason that this extender is my third-favorite option is because it does not appear to alter the flavor or consistency of the dish in any way.
- It has also been my experience that when I’ve used this recipe, I’ve needed to apply simple syrup between the layers in order to keep the cake moist.
However, like with the other cake extenders, it is effective and will result in more cake batter being produced than was originally intended.
What About Flavors?
- All of these cake extenders are based on vanilla cake, which is why the recipes are so simple. If you plan to use the cake extender for different flavors of cake, you’ll need to make any necessary adjustments to the recipe. Some additional ingredients to use into the most common cake flavors are listed below. When it comes to inventing tastes, the only thing that limits you is your creativity. Add 1/3 cup cocoa powder and an additional 1/4 cup sugar to make it chocolatey.
- Strawberry flavour: Combine 1 teaspoon of strawberry flavored with the vanilla extract. Alternatively, 1/4 cup crushed freeze-dried strawberries or 1/2 cup mashed fresh strawberries can be used.
- Lemon: Combine 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice with 1/4 cup simple syrup in a mixing bowl.
- Orange: Replace the vanilla emulsion with 1/4 cup fresh orange juice and omit the vanilla extract.
10 Ways to Make Chocolate Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade – SharePostt
WANT to know how to make a chocolate box cake taste like it came from a bakery?You’ve arrived to the correct location!Here are some suggestions for improving the quality of a chocolate box.Although boxed cake is quick and easy to create, there are chocolate box cake hacks that can be used to make the classic bakes even more delectable.
Here are 10 chocolate box cake hacks to improve the taste of your chocolate box cake.
1. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Pudding Mix
How to make chocolate box cake even better by including pudding: To make a cake, just combine one box of Jell-O instant pudding with one box of cake mix.The gelatinous aspect of the cake contributes to its very moist and fluffy texture.Add a dollop of sour cream or cream cheese adds a little ″tang″ to your dish.It’s the same as if you were using buttermilk!
Consider alternatives to the conventional wisdom.
- Cake mix (one box) and one (3.4 ounce) carton of Jell-O instant pudding mix (chocolate or cheesecake) are required.
- 1 cup sour cream or cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 big eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
2. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Whole Milk
- Whole milk, buttermilk, or your favorite non-dairy milk can be substituted for plain water in this recipe (like coconut or almond milk). This raises the amount of fat in the dish while also increasing the handmade taste. Tip: Because buttermilk is very thick, add a few more teaspoons to the mixture than is called for in the recipe. Make use of the following ingredients to provide even more flavor: Melted Ice Cream. It provides the necessary fluids, fat, and flavorings. If you’ve been looking for a simple cake with a unique flavor, such as mint chip or butter pecan, this may be the recipe for you: Yogurt Chocolate Cake. Adding a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream may help thicken a cake and make it more moist
- Sour cream can help thicken a cake and make it more moist
- Greek yogurt Can aid in the thickening and moistening of a cake. Furthermore, because sour cream includes fat, your cake will be richer as a result.
Chocolate Box Cake with Melted Ice Cream Ingredients
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups melted ice cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
Chocolate Box Cake with Yogurt Ingredients
- 1 chocolate box cake mix
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
Chocolate Box Cake with Sour Cream Ingredients
- Chocolate cake mix, instant pudding mix, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup melted butter, 4 big eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1 chocolate cake mix, 1 chocolate instant pudding mix
Chocolate Cake Flavor Boost Hack
In the event that utilizing milk isn’t your thing, try adding hot water or freshly made, hot coffee to enhance the flavor. This will allow the cocoa powder to bloom, allowing the flavors in a chocolate cake to be enhanced. There is no such thing as a chocolate limit.
3. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Melted Butter or Mayonnaise
To increase the richness of the dish, replace the oil with an equivalent quantity of melted butter. Not only does it give the cake a deeper, more homey flavor, but it also makes it very light and fluffy as a result of the baking powder. Simply heat the butter in the microwave until it has melted.
Cake Mix with Melted Butter Ingredients
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 big eggs
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
Some bakers swear by mayonnaise as a hidden ingredient in their cakes to keep them extra moist.If you haven’t tried it yet, you absolutely must!Hellmann’s Mayonnaise gives your cake a luscious and delectable texture that will melt in your mouth when you bite into it.The trick to making a chocolate box cake taste like it came from a bakery is mayonnaise.
It’s the moistest and best-tasting cake you’ve ever had.
Cake Mix with Mayonnaise Ingredients
- Cake ingredients: 1 box chocolate cake mix, 1 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, 1 cup milk, 3 eggs
4. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Extra Egg Yolks
If you don’t want to experiment with the mayonnaise, ice cream, yogurt, or sour cream hacks, you can still make a rich chocolate box cake by adding two extra egg yolks to the mix along with the eggs that are called for in the original recipe. The addition of extra fat makes the cake extremely moist and tasty.
5. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Flavored Extracts, Spices, or Zest
When a chocolate box cake mix remains on the shelf for a long period of time, the taste might diminish. A dab of pumpkin, almond, coconut, or coffee essence may transform a chocolate box cake into a handcrafted treat! Don’t be scared to add some spice to your meal. For example, a teaspoon of cinnamon or orange zest can be added to a box of chocolate cake mix to make it more festive.
6. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Mix-Ins
Add 1/2 cup of chips, raisins, candies, nuts, or banana to your cake mix to make it more flavorful.They give your chocolate box cake a handcrafted feel and flavor by adding texture and flavors from scratch.Always dust your mix-ins with flour or cocoa powder (if you’re making chocolate cake) to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the batter.Another option is to add a mashed banana and use it as a substitute for the eggs and oil in the recipe.
For this, you will need 1 1/2 cups or 12 ounces of Greek yogurt or sour cream, plus the mashed banana that will be combined with the yogurt or sour cream.If your cake batter is overly thick, thin it out using a small amount of water.
7. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Additional Flavors
Poke & Coat
- In addition, poking holes in your cake with a skewer can help to increase the moistness and taste of your cake even more. Then, using a paintbrush (or a spray can), apply each layer of: Simple syrup, orange juice, jams, and alcoholic beverages such as Baileys, Kahlua, and Rum are all good options.
The addition of extra tastes elevates the level of indulgence.Another option is to mix the alcohol into the mixture right before baking it.The general rule of thumb is to add equal portions hard alcohol and water to the batter, while keeping the overall volume of liquid constant (see below).(12 cup water is required by many cake mixes.) 12 cup water and 12 cup booze will be used in this recipe.)
8. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Extra Frosting
Store-bought frostings should be avoided.Make your own Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting by spending an extra five minutes in the kitchen.Their attention will be diverted by the delicious handmade icing and they will not even notice that the cake has been served!Additionally, adding extra icing increases the moistness of the cake.
Extra layers can be created by slicing the cake with a layer cake slicer.The additional frosting and/or ganache (yes, you may use both) enhances the flavor of the cake and prevents it from getting too dry.Tip: Warm cake will cause icing to melt.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 2 hours before applying a thick layer of frosting to the whole cake surface.
- This will prevent the cake from drying out.
How do you make store bought frosting better?
Add 12 teaspoon of a food extract such as vanilla, coffee, almond, coconut, or orange to store-bought frosting and thoroughly mix it into the frosting to increase the flavor. By beating the frosting with a hand mixer, you may easily quadruple the amount of frosting you make. To make your store-bought frosting even more delicious, mix in some nutella or peanut butter.
9. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Decoration
Nothing says ″homemade″ quite like a beautifully adorned cake. Make your chocolate box cake more appealing by using cake decorating techniques to make it better.
Make a cake comb out of a paper plate
Using a little paper plate, cut it in half. Make the teeth into 90-degree angles by cutting them. To level the top of the cake, use the flat edge of the opposite side of the plate to press down on it.
Turn a Zip-Loc Bag Into A Pastry Bag
- Place two pieces of tape on the corner of a Zip-Loc bag to secure it (on each side). This stiffens the plastic
- next, using scissors, cut a star point into the plastic
10. How To Make Chocolate Box Cake Better with Baking Techniques
- Contrary to common perception, dry measuring cups and wet measuring cups are not interchangeable and should not be used in the same situation. Consider purchasing a nice digital food scale and using it to weigh all of your components.
- Using a liquid-measuring cup, measure liquids on a flat surface with a level surface. A cake that has been made with insufficient liquid may be dry.
- Never cram flour into a measuring cup
- instead, scoop it in and gradually smooth it out.
Tip1: When a recipe asks for room temperature butter, sour cream, milk, eggs, or other ingredients, be sure that all of the components are at room temperature before beginning. Tip number two: Make use of fresh ingredients. Out-of-date ingredients have an unpleasant taste and might detract from the moistness of your chocolate box cake.
Don’t Over-Mix Your Cake Batter
Rule #1: If a recipe asks for room temperature butter, sour cream, milk, eggs, or other ingredients, be sure they’re all at room temperature before starting the dish. Tips #2: Make use of fresh produce. Out-of-date ingredients have an unpleasant taste and might detract from the moistness of your chocolate cake.
Grease Cake Pans Properly
Do not be concerned about shattered cakes ever again. This miraculous cake pan release (which does not require the use of parchment paper) will prevent cakes from adhering to pans:
Cake Pan Release Ingredients
- A third cup of cocoa powder
- A third cup of vegetable shortening
- A third cup of vegetable or canola oil
Cake Pan Release Instructions
- In a large mixing basin, carefully mix all of the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Apply a liberal amount of the mixture to the interior of the baking pan. Check to see that you’ve gotten all the way up the sides of the pan and into the creases.
Choosing a 2 inch deep cake pan is recommended if your oven warms in a patchwork fashion.Cakes that are three inches deep might be difficult to bake.Fill cake pans two-thirds of the way full.3 inch deep cake pans should only be half-filled, according to the manufacturer.
Important!A high-quality cake pan may make or break a cake’s appearance and taste.Cheap cake pans should be avoided since they might cause the cake to overcook on the edges while undercooking in the middle, resulting in a tough cake texture.
- Metal cake pans are recommended for consistent heating.
Do Not Over-Bake
- Preheat your oven and do not open the oven door until the cake is finished baking
- otherwise, the temperature in the oven will fall. Use these tried-and-true clues to determine whether or not your cake has finished baking: The cake should be slightly pulling away from the side of the pan when it is done.
- Upon insertion of a toothpick into the middle of the cake, it will come out clean
- Gently push down on the cake with your fingers. If the cake returns to its original shape fully, it is finished. If your finger makes a dent in the cake, it indicates that it requires further time.
Check the doneness of your cake 1-2 minutes before the recipe calls for it to be done.When it is finished baking, remove it from the oven.This will guarantee that the cake is moist while also being properly cooked.The baking process will continue outside of the oven because to the residual heat.
Important!Use an oven thermometer to check the temperature.The temperature of an oven can vary greatly across brands.
- It is possible for certain ovens to have ″hot patches,″ which might result in cakes that are inconsistently cooked.
What is the best cake mix?
The Duncan Hines cake offers the fluffiest and most moist texture of any cake on the market. This cake mix also contains the highest concentration of cocoa flavor. This chocolate box cake mix also had the best rise of all of the recipes I tried. Duncan Hines is a Wilton-approved cake mix that is utilized in the company’s research and development labs.
What is a cake skirt?
If you want to decorate the bottom of your cake with sprinkles or cookie crumbs or cacao nibs (or another ingredient), a skirt decoration is what you’re looking for. Simply push a handful of the mixture into the bottom of the cake with your hand. Before putting a skirt to your cake, allow it to cool completely.
Should I use room temperature ingredients for chocolate box cake?
Taking ingredients such as eggs, butter, and milk out of the fridge and incorporating them into the cake mix right away can be tempting; however, this can be a mistake. When it comes to boxed cake mixes, using cold components might result in a thick and dry end product, which is undesirable. Allow them to warm up for 30 minutes before you begin; it can make a significant impact.
How do you make chocolate buttercream cream cheese frosting from scratch?
- 3 and 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 12 ounces full-fat cream cheese, melted at room temperature
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3 1/3 cups natural or Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream, melted at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on high speed for 1 minute, or until fully smooth.
- Mix in the butter until it is well incorporated.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon milk, and salt in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until well blended and creamy.
- If necessary, thin with additional milk to get a somewhat thinner consistency.
Can I mix cream cheese with store bought frosting?
Yes. Combine one tub of room-temperature buttercream frosting and one (8-ounce) package of room-temperature cream cheese in a stand mixer until well-combined. Because cream cheese cannot be kept at room temperature, the cake must be refrigerated.
What is the difference between frosting and ganache?
Chocolate ganache is a blend of cooked chocolate and heavy cream that is more liquidy in consistency than traditional frosting.Frosting is often produced with a mixer and is comprised of sugar, butter, cocoa powder, milk, and a flavoring extract, among other ingredients (like vanilla).a good collection of cake pans Alternatively, a lazy Susan or a turntable Board for a cake Cake drum is a type of drum that is made of cake.a leveler for cakes a flexible spatula or a flexible spoon Scraper for the workbench Smoothing agent for fondant Decorative comb with toothed teeth Pastry brushes are used in the preparation of baked goods.
Tips and couplers for piping Piping bags are used for cleaning.Skewer Cutter for baking pies Cake stand with cover made of glass Mixer Are you looking to take your cake designing skills to the next level?You’ll need the proper cake decorating supplies for this project.
- Begin with the following.
Can I use a can of soda instead of water/eggs/oil?
It is possible to enhance the flavour of your cake by substituting a can of soda for the other wet components.A 12 oz.can of soda can be used in place of the normal oil and eggs in a cake mix recipe.If you want to boost the flavor of chocolate cake, try Coke, root beer, or Dr.
Pepper.Lighter sodas, such as Sprite, go nicely with lighter desserts, such as vanilla, lemon, or yellow cake, since they are less dense.The cake rises wonderfully and has a mild but nice flavor reminiscent of the cola you choose to use in it.
- Prepare a cake mix.
- That’s all there is to it.
- 12 ounces of your favorite dark soda beverage (Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, A&W Cream Soda, Root Beer, etc.) should be mixed into the cake mix.
- Bake according to the package directions
As an added benefit, the soda will help to reduce the fat content of the cake and, if you pick a low-calorie or diet beverage, it will help to reduce the calories as well.
What is the best chocolate chocolate box cake recipe?
The great thing about this chocolate chocolate box cake recipe is that it is quick and easy to make, extremely moist, and tastes just like homemade.
- 1. 1 Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Fudge Cake Mix (about 15 1/4 oz. )
- 4 huge eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 cup full milk
- 12 cup melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- Frosting (either store-bought or created from scratch)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Dust the surface with flour and tap off any excess
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, milk, butter, and eggs until well combined. For 1 minute, blend with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Continue to mix for another 2-3 minutes at a medium-low speed.
- Pour the batter into the pans that have been prepared and bake for 27-32 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and set them on a wire rack to cool (in their pans).
- Remove the cake layers from the pans with care. Allow for another 20 minutes of cooling on a wire rack before frosting.
Tip: Keep your cake in the freezer until you’re ready to serve it. It will last longer if you do it this way. It should not be kept in the refrigerator since it will dry out. In closing, if you found these suggestions on how to make chocolate box cake taste handmade useful, please pass them along to your friends and followers!: saves for later: chocolate box cake
9 Sneaky Pro Tips That Make A Boxed Cake Mix Infinitely Better
There’s something to be said for the ease of use that comes with a boxed cake mix.Its dump-and-stir method is appealing to a wide range of people, including novice bakers, expert professionals in a hurry, and everyone in between.While there’s nothing wrong with asking for a little assistance from Betty Crocker every now and again, we don’t want everyone to know we used a shortcut.The good news is that you can deceive anyone into thinking that you spent the whole day in the kitchen baking a cake from scratch with a few easy methods and changes.
1. Add additional eggs
To make your baked products into exceptional desserts, use one extra egg than the recipe calls for on the package. The inclusion of one egg increases the amount of fat in the batter, resulting in a richer, moister flavour while also giving structure for a more soft cake.
2. Use butter instead of oil
Most boxed cake mixes ask for a neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable, to be used in the baking process. To make a 1-to-1 substitute for the oil next time, consider using melted butter instead of the oil. Non-stop buttery taste enhancement, as well as a firmer, denser texture, are all benefits of using butter in your cake.
3. Replace water with milk or coffee
With a 1-to-1 replacement, whole milk may be used for water in the recipe, resulting in a richer, denser cake with a handmade flavor. If you’re making a chocolate cake, consider substituting hot coffee for the water in the recipe. The coffee will enhance the flavor, and the hot liquid will aid in the development of the chocolate. The same may be said about brownies that come in a box.
4. Go crazy with mix-ins
Flavor enhancers like as lemon or orange zest, chocolate chips, sprinkles, chopped nuts, almond or vanilla essence, leftover candies, crumbled cookies, seasonal jams, or even soda can be added to baked products to make them more appealing.
5. Whip it good
When making boxed cakes, one of the most common mistakes is not mixing the mixture thoroughly enough.The cake should be whipped at medium speed for at least 3 minutes, or until the texture and color of the batter have altered, for the best results.If there are no clumps of flour, the batter should be rich, creamy, and light in color.In order to ensure that the ingredients are thoroughly integrated, a gentle cake with few crumbs should be baked…………………………………………..
6. Add sour cream or mayo
Yes, you did read that correctly. Incorporating sour cream or mayonnaise into your batter will increase moisture while also imparting a slight tangy flavor to the finished product. Try this tip with a sour cream yellow cake, a chocolate cake, or even cornbread to see how well it works.
7. Add instant pudding mix
If you wish to disguise the taste of boxed mix in the future, consider mixing in a package of quick pudding mix to your batter.It enhances the flavor of the cake while also keeping it moist and tender to the touch.Vanilla pudding and vanilla cake mix aren’t the only flavor pairings you can make; there are many more.Use cheesecake pudding with carrot cake mix, chocolate pudding with red velvet cake mix, lemon pudding with white cake mix, or even butterscotch pudding with chocolate cake mix as a substitute for the cake batter.
Here’s a straightforward recipe for you to try out this method.
8. Brush cooled cake with simple syrup
The use of simple syrup (which is simply water and sugar cooked until the sugar has dissolved) by professional bakers to seal in moisture after cake layers have cooled is a common practice.This allows the liquid to permeate into the cracks and crevices of the cake, helping to keep it moist while also imparting flavor.Additionally, if you accidently overbaked your cake and it turned out dry, this approach will work as well.Check out this little lesson to see how the professionals do it.
9. Make your own frosting
Make your own buttercream instead of using store-bought frosting (which has a chemical flavor).You’ll be shocked at how quickly it comes together and how much of a difference it makes to the appearance of your dessert.Frosting that tastes like it came straight from the bakery can be made with only four easy ingredients and is fluffy, rich, and delectable.Use only high-quality butter and pure vanilla essence to achieve the greatest results.
9 Ways to Elevate Cake Mix
The Pioneer Woman recommends baking at 350 degrees.The Pioneer Woman recommends baking at 350 degrees.If you’ve ever baked a cake from a box, raise your hand.As much as we’d all prefer a handcrafted cake, let’s admit that a cake mix may come in handy or be the right element in a recipe from time to time.
Recipes like Ree’s Christmas Rum Cake and these Caramel Brownies are two of my favorite instances of cake mix adoration.Those are two delectable desserts created with cake mix that are sure to please.With a few simple methods, any cake mix can be transformed into something that tastes more like handmade.
- Pick any of the suggestions on this list—or mix a couple of them!
1 – Use an extra egg
The majority of packaged mixes will ask for three eggs. Four eggs will result in a cake that is richer in flavor and moister in texture. This is a trick that I use almost every time I bake a cake using a boxed cake mix recipe.
2 – Substitute dairy
Dairy should be used in lieu of the water specified on the packaging. Buttermilk is my personal favorite since it has a slight tang to it. Cake with dairy has a richer, more handmade flavor because of the fat.
3 – Replace water with other liquids
If you do not want to use dairy products, you can substitute another liquid for the water to give it more taste. Use coffee to make a rich, dark chocolate cake, or ginger ale to make a light and brilliant yellow cake, depending on your preference. In order to obtain the additional fat, use 3/4 cup liquid and 1/4 cup sour cream or buttermilk in conjunction with dairy.
4 – Add a mix-in
Mix-ins always make a cake stand out and make it taste more like it was created from scratch. A coconut cream and shredded coconut combination is one of my favorites. Fold in the mix-ins last, up to 1 cup at a time, until the batter is smooth.
5 – Go all-citrus
To make a cake with citrus punch, replace the water with juice and add heaps of zest to the batter before baking. Orange, lemon, or lemon-lime are all good options. If you’re making a cake with lemon-lime soda as the liquid, add some lemon and lime zest to it.
6 – Add extracts
An increase in the amount of vanilla is never a negative thing. Increase the taste by adding an additional teaspoon or so of extract. Vanilla extract is usually a good choice, but any extract may be used to improve a flavor. Maybe a teaspoon of almond essence in your strawberry cake mix would be a good idea.
7 – Put some pudding in the mix
Add a small box of pudding mix to the cake mix and stir thoroughly. (Please do not prepare the pudding.) The inclusion of the mix provides more flavor, moistness, and a denser texture to the cake.
8 – Make a filling
A filling in the center shouts (or at the very least respectfully says) ″homemade!″ without a doubt.To make a simple version, combine 1 cup mini chocolate chips with 1/2 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped pecans in a large mixing bowl.Half of the cake batter should be poured into a Bundt pan.Place the filling ingredients on top of the crust.
Bake the remaining cake batter on top of the filling until it is golden brown.
9 – Frost with a homemade frosting
Now, I’ll admit that I enjoy canned frosting—but only when it’s smeared over graham crackers rather than cakes.Top a cake mix cake with a handmade frosting to give it a more sophisticated appearance.A handmade frosting does not have to be elaborate or time-consuming, but it will elevate your cake to a higher degree of sophistication.Try the Fluffy Mocha Frosting on a Devil’s Food Cake or a Yellow Cake at this location.
What’s even stranger is that I’ve suddenly developed a taste for cake.You, as well?If you’ve tried any of the above or have any further ideas, I’d love to hear about them!
- This material was generated and maintained by a third party and imported onto this website in order to assist users in providing their email addresses for further consideration.
- You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
How To Make Box Cake Better
If you follow these instructions on how to make box cake better, your cake will look and taste like it was created from scratch.Even cake connoisseurs will be tempted to ask for seconds!A boxed cake mix may be a lifesaver for a busy parent or a novice baker who is short on time.Would you want to bookmark this blog post?
Enter your your address here, and we’ll send you the article right to your inbox!!However, while it is frowned upon by expert bakers, it is effective in that it gets the job done fast and simply.We have the solution to your baking problems, whether you are in a hurry to make a tasty treat, or you are completely unable to bake for the life of you.
- These recommendations, which range from increasing texture and flavor to offering icing options, can help you deceive folks into believing your quick box cake took hours to prepare.
Choose a Good Boxed Cake Mix
You can’t expect excellent cake if the ingredients are of poor quality.Choose a reputable brand to ensure that you receive a high-quality cake.However, there are other brands and variations to select from, and these are some of my favorites.White Cake with a Gold Medal Whenever we’re talking about adaptability, this General Mills cake mix is the ideal choice.
With this white cake mix, you can make just about anything, from cupcakes to round cakes to sheet cakes, and it will turn out beautifully.It also includes recipes for five different varieties of cakes and six different types of cookies.It receives a perfect score for wetness, and because it has a simple appearance and flavor, it serves as an excellent blank canvas for every color of flavor you can think of.
- At $24, it is unquestionably a good deal.
- Duncan Hines’ Chocolate Cake is a chocolate cake made by Duncan Hines.
- Chocolate cake is the most often requested dessert in my house, so I make sure to keep a box of chocolate cake mix on hand at all times.
- Duncan Hines has a plethora of cake mix varieties, but the fudge chocolate cake is my favorite out of the ones I’ve tried so far.
- Would you want to bookmark this blog post?
- Enter your your address here, and we’ll send you the article right to your inbox!!
- The Duncan Hines cake mix, which yields an amazingly moist, fudgy, and indulgent chocolate cake, is hands down the best on the market.
- Added points are earned since the back of the box has directions for making cake waffles as well as low-fat recipe variations to choose from.
- Jiffy Yellow Cake (also known as Jiffy Yellow Cake) Despite the fact that Jiffy is most known for its cornbread mix, their yellow cake is also rather good.
- In fact, I believe it is the greatest available today!
This cake mix makes a fantastically moist and soft yellow cake that is sure to please.The Jiffy yellow cake, like the Gold Medal white cake, may be used for a variety of occasions.With this cake mix, there’s nothing you can’t make, from angel food cakes to trifles to cobblers.The best thing is that you’ll only need two components to completely change the mixture — water and an egg.
- Betty Crocker’s Red Velvet Cake is a classic dessert.
- As a result of its distinct texture, color, and flavor, red velvet cake is considered to be a somewhat difficult dish to make.
- That is one of the reasons why I am so thrilled with the Betty Crocker mix.
- That crumbly texture and chocolate-vanilla taste are created to perfection with this ingredient.
- Furthermore, you won’t have to use any additional food coloring or beet juice to create the desired red color with this cake mix.
It has already completed the task for you.Meyer Lemon Pound Cake from Krusteaz This cake mix is perfect for those who enjoy lemon desserts.In this cake, there is an unmistakable blast of lemon taste!
Though it is sour, it is not overpowering in any way.Perfectly balanced is the contrast between the sweet and the zesty flavors.Because it’s a pound cake, you can anticipate a lovely, rich texture that’s also quite moist and delicious.It is certainly handmade because it is drizzled with a simple glaze of sugar, lemon juice, and butter.In addition to the jam tea cake recipe, you will find directions for creating it at the back of the box.
Replace Water With Milk
Most cake mix directions will advise you to add water, but what’s the fun in that?In order to saturate the components in a cake mix and transform them into a batter, you must use liquid.While water is the most apparent choice for a liquid, it is not the ideal one.Water-based cakes are, without a doubt, less expensive, but they are also more dry.
As a result, milk should be substituted for water.I prefer to use full cream milk for the best flavor and moisture, but you may also use 2 percent or skim milk if you want.I’ve never tried dairy-free milk, but if you have, please let me know how well it worked for you!
- You may also use buttermilk in this recipe.
- If you want to make a cake that is moist, this is an excellent option.
- If you don’t have any buttermilk on hand, you may create your own by blending a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice with each cup of milk in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon and set it aside for 10 to 15 minutes to cool.
- When the buttermilk begins to curdle, it is time to use it.
Add Additional Eggs
Eggs are responsible for more than just binding together wet and dry ingredients.They also aid in the lifting of the batter and the addition of richness to the cake.However, if you want your cake to be very light and airy, you should increase the amount of egg whites used in the batter.To go the additional mile, whip the egg whites until firm peaks form before adding them to the batter, as seen in the photo.
Cake mixes are typically bland in flavor, so egg yolks are the best way to add extra richness and flavor to your baked goods.The addition of even a single yolk may make a tremendous effect!
Add More Fat
Again, don’t be satisfied with plain water. Increase the amount of fat in the batter by adding milk or buttermilk, as well as oil and butter. These fundamental elements will not only provide richness and taste to the cake, but they will also add moisture. Say goodbye to stale and unappealing cakes for good.
Try Some Sour Cream
Sour cream, like milk and buttermilk, has the ability to convert ordinary cake mixes into extraordinary cakes.Sour cream not only makes a moist cake, but it also makes a cake that is rich and tasty.Isn’t it true that you may kill two birds with one stone?This not-so-secret technique is used by professionals to provide the appearance of handmade cake mixes.
I’ll bet you didn’t realize that professionals also utilize cake mixes!
Use Melted Butter Instead of Oil
Cake mixes occasionally ask for oil, but I strongly advise substituting melted butter in place of the oil.Even the greatest oil cannot compete with the taste of freshly whipped butter.The artificial flavor of a cake mix is disguised by the richness of butter.It also contributes to the smooth and fluffy texture of the cake.
Don’t use margarine or butter-based compounds as a substitute.Stick to genuine, high-quality butter for the best possible cake flavor and texture.If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend that you brown the butter before adding it to the batter as a finishing touch.
- Brown butter has a distinct toasted and nutty flavor that is unmatched by any other butter!
- If you want to brown butter, all you have to do is fry it in a pan over medium heat, turning regularly until it turns golden brown, around 5 to 8 minutes.
In a Chocolate Cake Replace Water with Coffee
When it comes to creating chocolate cake, this is my favorite approach.Those who dislike the flavor of coffee need not be concerned because it will not taste like coffee at all.Due to the fact that coffee enhances the flavor of chocolate, your cake will have a richer chocolaty richness.The addition of hot coffee results in a fudgy cake as well.
Furthermore, the heat aids in the dissolution of lumps, resulting in a smooth and well-combined batter.
Add a Pudding Mix
When I buy box cake mixes, I always include a package of Jell-O pudding in the package.Together, they produce a thick and dense cake that is so delicious that it tastes like it was prepared from scratch from start to finish.It doesn’t matter what type of pudding you use.Use the same type of pudding as the cake mix if you want a more consistent flavor, but you can also mix and match to obtain more complex combinations.
For example, I enjoy including banana pudding into my white cake mix.They simply seem to fit together so beautifully!
Add More Flavors
- For a delicious touch, decorate the top of the cake with fresh fruit, berries, jam, or preserves.
- Add chocolate chips to the mixture for a fudgier chocolate cake while making a chocolate cake.
- Infuse the batter with extracts – almond, vanilla, banana, you name it – to make it more flavorful.
- Pour the vanilla glaze over the top of the cake. There are only two ingredients: powdered sugar and water. Easy!
Add a Simple Syrup
Cakes are made sweeter and more moist by using simple syrup.The best cure when your cake, whether it comes from a box or is homemade, turns out to be too dry.Sugar and water are mixed together and then heated for 1 to 2 minutes until sugar dissolves.You may stop there, or you can take it to the next level by adding citrus peels, spices, or liquor to the mix.
Simply drizzle it over your cake and you’re done.The cake will absorb the syrup well, which will provide it with more moisture and taste.
Use a Good Frosting
- The finest part was reserved for last! A cake isn’t a cake unless it has icing on it. Even the driest, blandest cakes may be transformed into delectable treats with the appropriate icing. Here are a few of my personal favorites: Buttercream. It has a silky texture, is sweet, and is buttery. It’s also incredibly sturdy, which is ideal if you’re planning to design your cake using fondant. It’s very simple to prepare
- all you have to do is combine softened butter, powdered sugar, and a small amount of milk to create Chocolate Ganache. It appears to be a sophisticated concoction, but it is essentially only a mixture of melted chocolate and cream. Make a glaze for your chocolate cake and pour it all over it for a gorgeous, indulgent treat. Cakes with a lot of density, such as pound cakes, can benefit from using this recipe. As a result of the fact that it is simply a mixture of water and powdered sugar, it is quite simple to flavor. Any type of extract will do! As an additional ingredient, I like to add a dash of lemon juice, which is excellent for lemon pound cakes.
10+ Easy Cake Mix Hacks to Make Boxed Cake Mix Better!
I am confident that virtually all of us have grabbed for the easy box cake mix at some time in our lives, and although they are absolutely tasty, there are several things you can do to them to ensure that your visitors have no idea you used a box cake mix.This simple hack will allow you to customize a box cake mix to suit your needs.Nothing more than an open mind and perhaps a few more ingredients will suffice.It is just not possible for any of us to become professional bakers, no matter how much we would wish to.
Seriously, who has the luxury of time!?In times of stress, I, like I am sure many of you, grab for the box of cake mix that we have stowed in the cupboard to whip up a cake (or cupcakes, for that matter) for a special occasion.Let me begin by emphasizing that there is absolutely no guilt in doing this.
- I am a major fan of his work.
- A box cake mix, sadly, may often leave a lot to be desired, but if you follow my suggestions on how to improve a box cake mix, you will be in for a pleasant surprise.
- Don’t worry, you probably already have most of these ingredients in y