How to Ship A Cake
- Package the cake tightly in a fitted styrofoam mailer.
- Insert frozen cool packs around the cake to keep it fresh.
- Place the styrofoam mailer inside a sturdy cardboard box.
- Seal the box with high-quality shipping tape.
- Mark the outside of your box.
- Ship your cake.
Get a tossaway cooking container,with lid.
How do you ship a cake in the mail?
Put the cake in an airtight pan or plastic container and place it in the indented area of the shipping box. Cover it with the accompanying foam cover. This works like a mini cooler, keeping your cake cool. It also prevents the cake from shifting while in transit. Close the box and seal it with packing tape.
How do you pack a cake for a move?
Wrap the cake with bubble wrap and secure it with tape. Line the bottom of the box with bubble wrap and place the cake in the center. Fill in around the cake with packing material, such as bubble wrap or packing peanuts, so the cake cannot move. Packing material should be level with the top of the box. Seal the box with packing tape.
Where can I get a cake delivered?
Send A Cake offers delivery six days a week. They also accept orders well in advance. In fact, with Send A Cake, you could arrange your whole year of birthday gifting in one day. Postmates’ delivery from local restaurants led us to choose the company as the best local option.
How do I send a cake by post?
It’s best to choose a strong corrugated box to post your cake. You’ll need one which can fit both your cake and lots of padding around the sides, top, and bottom. Tape your bubble wrapped cake into place in the box to keep it from moving around.
Can I ship a cake with UPS?
Seal in that just-baked freshness with plastic wrap. Use shrink wrap for sturdy goodies like Bundt cakes and pies, and wrap plastic around more delicate cakes by hand. Freezing cupcakes and intricate iced cakes can also help them to hold up in transit.
Should you freeze a cake before shipping?
Freeze the Cake
No matter what type of cake you’re baking, it’s generally going to be best to freeze it before you ship it out. You should only avoid freezing if there is a very specific reason that you can’t freeze it. If you can’t freeze the cake, then you might not want to ship it at all.
Can I send a cake through USPS?
USPS has free 2-day shipping boxes that come in varying sizes that you can use to ship your cake in. While the box itself is free, you’ll pay a flat rate for shipping.
Can you send baked goods through the mail?
You can ship baked goods. If packaged well and sent via priority mail or overnight shipping, most baked goods will keep their freshness and form. It is best to freeze baked goods before shipping them. Sturdy items such as quick bread, unfrosted cakes, fruit/nut pies, cookies, and bars are the best-baked goods to ship.
Does UPS provide dry ice for shipping?
However, UPS Proactive Response® service can assist if there is a case when a shipment requires dry ice replenishment while in transit. Dry ice is a safe and effective way of shipping goods that need to stay frozen, if used properly and compliantly. Whatever your dry ice shipping need, UPS can help.
How do you ship a cake with dry ice?
Package product in an insulated container
When arranging products inside the insulated container, allow enough space for dry ice. Place a sufficient amount of dry ice in the insulated container on top of and around the products. Fill all empty spaces with packing material such as loosefill peanuts.
How do I mail a pound cake?
Pound cakes, loaf breads, brownies and fudge ship better when they are left in their disposable aluminum pans. Cover the food with wax paper or seal in plastic wrap, place the pan in a plastic bag and pack in a cushioned food box. Pack cakes snugly into tins.
How do you ship a cold dessert?
Use a thin plastic liner for the inside of the package, and enclose the food in a plastic bag as well. Thick insulated foam containers are suggested for keeping food as cold as possible. Packaging using dry ice is acceptable. Gel packs are a good solution as well, but frozen water is not recommended.
How much does it cost to send baked goods?
FedEx’s flat rate options for medium boxes range from $12-$15 for delivery in three business days, depending on distance. Both FedEx and UPS offer home package pickup options, but it may cost extra, depending on your location and the service.
How do I mail perishable food USPS?
- They do not offer any specific refrigeration services for shipments.
- To keep the items fresh, you can make use of packaging using dry ice.
- Ensure that containers must be leak-proof, and also do not cause odors.
- Remember while shipping internationally, dry ice packaging is not allowed.
How can I send a cake overnight in the mail?
– Large variety – 10 whimsical birthday cakes – Commitment to a nut-free bakery – Half-cake options
How do I ship cake by mail?
How to send frosted cupcakes in the mail?
– two plastic cupcake containers (save them from store-bought cupcakes) These clear cupcake containers with individual compartments * are another option. – candy sticks * – strong tape – box to put the cupcake “container” in – ice packs – a thermal bag *, or bubble insulation * (from the hardware store) – larger mailing box – a little extra cash for overnight shipping
Best Birthday Cake Delivery Services of 2022
Best Birthday Cake Delivery Services of 2022
- Overall, the best cake shop is Bake Me a Wish
- the best budget shop is Instacart
- the best restaurant for foodies is Goldbelly
- the most festive shop is Milk Bar
- the best cake shop for chocolate lovers is Carousel Cakes
- the best cake shop for food sensitivities is Caroline’s Cakes
- the most customizable shop is Send a Cake
- and the best local shop is Postmates.
Best Overall : Bake Me a Wish
- Special Dietary Requirements: Kosher, Customization Available: Yes, and Minimum Order: No
- Why We Selected It Bake Me a Wish’s vast variety, simple ordering choices, and reasonable shipping charges prompted us to choose the firm as the finest overall birthday cake delivery service available. Advantages and disadvantages Pros Large cakes that can accommodate up to 24 people
- Gift card and gift box that are uniquely yours
- Deals of the day and a customer loyalty program
- Shipping costs extra
- No allergen-specific cakes
Overview With a huge range of birthday cakes, simple ordering capabilities, and cheap delivery charges, Bake Me A Wish wins the highest overall rating.The company was started by a person who wished to send a birthday cake to his mother.The right taste for whoever is celebrating will be found among the varieties such as strawberry funfetti cake, golden fudge celebration cake, and rainbow cake, among other options.Cakes with personalized birthday greetings, as well as bakery towers containing cookies, cupcakes, brownies, and other delights, are available from Bake Me a Wish if you are planning a birthday celebration.In addition, every birthday cake comes packaged in a brightly colored gift box with a personalized birthday card.
- Prices are competitive, and you can save even more money by taking advantage of the company’s daily bargain and enrolling in their loyalty program, which provides you with prizes and discount vouchers.
- Bake Me a Wish also carries kosher-certified desserts.
Best Budget : Instacart
- Dietary Restrictions: Vary
- Customization: Vary
- Customization: Vary
- Orders must be placed in increments of $10.
- Why We Selected It We selected Instacart as the finest firm for individuals on a tight budget since it delivers locally made cakes from reasonably priced grocers to your door. Advantages and disadvantages Pros Choose from a variety of local grocers.
- Delivery in a short period of time
- Delivery fees are kept to a minimum.
- Fewer specialized options than other companies
Overview Every birthday cake does not have to be famous, sent overnight, or cost an arm and a leg to be memorable.Sometimes the local market offers exactly what you’re looking for and may be a lifesaver if you’re too busy to leave your house to obtain it.Instacart, which operates in more than 5,000 cities throughout North America, uses technology to link you with one of its personal shoppers, who then fulfills your purchase and delivers it to your home within hours of placing it.While Instacart’s delivery prices may seem high when compared to overnight shipping charges, they are actually quite reasonable, and the firm also offers monthly and yearly subscriptions that include free delivery on purchases over $35.Birthday cake selections include everything from Kirkland’s trademark 12″ cheesecake to a package of eight Little Debbie birthday cakes, thanks to Instacart’s partnership with large retailers such as Costco, Target, and Kroger (Target).
- Simply put ″cake″ on your shopping list and browse through several stores until you locate what you’re looking for—or something that’s close enough to it.
Best for Foodies : Goldbelly
- Dietary Restrictions: Vary
- Customization: Not Available
- No Minimum Order: Not Available
- SPRUCE15 offers $15 off a minimum $50 purchase for first-time customers only, excludes delivery, and is subject to the regular terms and conditions. Why We Selected It Goldbelly is the greatest choice for foodies because of the classic delicacies and gourmet innovations that the firm provides to their customers. Advantages and disadvantages Pros Cakes that are vegan, gluten-free, kosher, and paleo
- cakes that are hard to come by and are one-of-a-kind
- Some bakeries are only available in Goldbelly
- for example,
- Shipping times vary by bakeries’ locations
Overview Goldbellys’ curated online marketplace is a nexus for some of North America’s most noteworthy culinary inventions, all available at an one location.According to the firm, they believe in the power of food and its potential to offer comfort and connection to those who consume it.A wide variety of gourmet and specialized foods are available at the marketplace, including St-bagels Viateur’s from Montreal, ″Pie Holes″ from Los Angeles, and a whole lot more.Whether you’re looking for that classic birthday cake for a gourmet in your life or for yourself, Goldbelly is the place to start looking.Cakes from several of America’s finest bakeries, including Ovenly, Carlo’s, Gambino’s, Carousel, We Take the Cake, and Caroline’s, are available on their website or through their smartphone app.
- Many bakeries, like as Red Truck, sell only online through Goldbelly, which is a Goldbelly affiliate.
- Goldbelly makes the purchase and shipping procedure easier, and in many cases, they even provide free delivery.
- A few stores do charge an additional shipping price, and you can choose to pay for expedited shipment if you want to.
- The cost of cakes varies greatly based on the type of cake and the place where it is purchased.
- It is not usually the most affordable alternative, however, due to the fact that this service is a speciality and gourmet one.
- Goldbelly’s provides a diverse assortment of cakes that cater to a wide range of dietary needs, including vegan, paleo, kosher, and even gluten-free options.
It ships to all 50 states, although shipping timeframes vary depending on where you live because many bakeries only ship on specific days of the week.
Most Festive : Milk Bar
- Gluten-free choices are available for those with dietary restrictions.
- Customization is not available
- there is no minimum order quantity.
- Why We Selected It We selected Milk Bar as the most festive dessert because of the level of detail that was placed into each cake. Advantages and disadvantages Pros Christina Tosi, a James Beard Award-winning chef, oversees the operation.
- Gift sets for birthdays
- Only two cake options
Overview Are you seeking for a cake that captures the essence of a birthday celebration to the fullest?Take a look at the birthday cakes from Milk Bar.There are two options available: birthday cake and chocolate birthday cake, as well as gluten-free variants of both.The depth of craft on offer at Milk Bar more than compensates for the lack of variety of the restaurant’s menu selection.The Milk Bar website recounts how the team, lead by creator and James Beard Award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi, toiled for more than two years to produce the ultimate nostalgic birthday funfetti flavor.
- The website also includes a video.
- Because of this level of dedication and meticulous attention to detail, it is no surprise that Milk Bar has received an abundance of excellent press coverage and hundreds of positive customer evaluations.
- Prices for a 6-inch birthday cake start at $52, including shipping and handling.
- Cake truffles, biscuits, Milk Bar pie, and Christina Tosi’s book ″All About Cake″ are among the additional things available in Milk Bar’s birthday gift boxes.
- You may place an order up to 30 days in advance, and you can even choose a specific delivery date.
Best for Chocolate Lovers : Carousel Cakes
- Special Dietary Requirements: Kosher, Customization Available: Yes, and Minimum Order: No
- Why We Selected It More than 60 different cakes are available, 16 of which are heavily laden with chocolate, leading us to select Carousel Cakes as the finest option for chocolate enthusiasts. Advantages and disadvantages Advantages Especially for chocolate enthusiasts
- A wide range of interesting tastes
- All of the cakes have been declared kosher.
- High end prices
- Only ships four days per week
Overview When it comes to birthday treats, Carousel Cakes in Nanuet, New York, has a wide selection of chocolate-based confections to choose from.Carousel, which was established in 1965, is a well-known brand.The bakery’s web menu features a huge range of cakes, including 16 that are made entirely of chocolate, such as the Chocolate Rum Cake, New York Blackout, and Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake, among others.In addition to its chocolate creations, Carousel also creates classic birthday tastes like as its Nonpareil ″Giggle″ Cake, which is a favorite among children.) (Fun fact: Carousel’s blue and red velvet cakes have been on Oprah’s list of her favorite items.) Carousel’s cakes are all kosher-certified, and all of their flavors are available.
- Cakes from Carousel are shipped by Goldbelly or NYC Delivery Doorman, and they also offer in-person sales at their bakery outlet store at a lower price point.
- Take, for example, the Chocolate Outrage Cake, which costs $49 at Goldbelly but only $17 at the grocery store.
- Due to the fact that shipments are only made Monday through Friday, we recommend that you keep this in mind while making your order.
Best for Food Sensitivities : Caroline’s Cakes
- Nut- and gluten-free diets are available
- custom orders are not available
- and there is no minimum order requirement.
- Why We Selected It Caroline’s Cakes is devoted to managing a nut-free bakery (as well as providing gluten-free choices), which led us to select the firm as the best for people with food sensitivities and allergies. Advantages and disadvantages Pros a wide range of options
- 10 wacky and wonderful birthday cakes
- A firm commitment to operating a nut-free bakery
- Some options are limited
Overview Caroline’s Cakes stands apart for a variety of reasons, one of which being its dedication to maintaining a nut-free bakery.Caroline’s takes extra precautions to guarantee that no nuts make their way inside the restaurant and ruin your birthday celebration.There are also gluten-free choices available at the bakery.Caroline’s website features a large selection of cakes and other treats, including ten unique birthday cakes, among other things.Their famed seven-layer lemon cake, caramel cake, trademark rainbow cake, and four-layer chocolate devil’s food cake are just a few of the flavors available.
- If you’re having trouble deciding on a flavor, look into the ″half cakes″ option, which allows you to blend two distinct tastes into a single cake for a little additional fee.
- Each round, nine-inch cake serves between 14 and 20 people and costs between $70 and $80, not including shipping and handling.
- You may also choose to include a set of polka dot plates, cutlery, and candles that spell out ″happy birthday″ in your order for an additional cost.
Most Customizable : Send a Cake
- Overview A commitment to maintaining a nut-free bakery is one of the numerous characteristics that distinguish Caroline’s Cakes from its competitors. In order to ensure that no nuts slip in and ruin your birthday celebration, Caroline’s takes stringent safeguards. Gluten-free choices are available at the bakery. Among the cakes and other treats available on Caroline’s website are ten wacky birthday cakes, among other things. Their famed seven-layer lemon cake, caramel cake, trademark rainbow cake, and four-layer chocolate devil’s food cake are just a few of the flavors they offer. Consider ordering a ″half cake″ if you’re having trouble deciding between two varieties. This option will allow you to blend two different tastes into a single cake. It costs roughly $70 plus delivery for a round, nine-inch cake that feeds between 14 and 20 people. Adding a set of polka dot plates, silverware, and candles that spell out ″happy birthday″ to your order may be done for an additional cost as well.
- Why We Selected It Because of the customised cake explosion boxes, we choose Send a Cake as the most customizable option. Advantages and disadvantages Pros Customizable experience
- users may upload their own photographs to the box.
- Make your purchase in advance
- Shipping is not free and charged per box
Overview Birthday cakes do not have to be accompanied by a large gathering.When you want to convey all of your birthday wishes to one person, the customised cake explosion boxes from Send A Cake are the perfect solution.You may personalize your experience by selecting a flavor from eight selections plus an additional limited-time taste, a box design, and up to 10 additional decorations to create a unique experience that your loved one will never forget.The recipient’s name may be written on the lid in bejeweled letters, or you can include wind-up butterflies that emerge from the box, or you can include your own images to be printed on the inside of the box, among other options.The little cakes are three inches in diameter and are available in a variety of tastes, including confetti sprinkle, chocolate tuxedo, and red velvet dazzle, among other options.
- Delivery is available six days a week with Send A Cake.
- They also accept orders that are placed many weeks in advance.
- In fact, using Send A Cake, you might complete your whole year’s worth of birthday presents in a single day.
Best Local : Postmates
- Dietary restrictions: varies
- customization: available
- minimum order quantity: varies
- Why We Selected It Deliveries from local eateries by Postmates convinced us that the firm was the most convenient local choice. Advantages and disadvantages Pros: Cakes from preferred eateries are brought to you.
- Supports the growth of small companies in the community.
- Delivery in a short period of time
- Delivery times and fees vary
Overview Postmates, like Instacart, is a technology platform that connects local couriers with customers.Postmates, on the other hand, does not collaborate with food stores, preferring to work with retailers and restaurants.In fact, Postmates particularly thrives when it comes to incorporating well-known neighborhood eateries on its delivery routes.In his company’s founding statement, Bastian Lehmann describes Postmates as ″the anti-Amazon,″ referring to the fact that, whereas Amazon threatens small business owners with crushing competition, Postmates assists mom-and-pop stores in entering the rapidly expanding on-demand marketplace.Due to the fact that Postmates operates in hundreds of cities around the United States, delivery times and costs may vary, though they are typically under two hours and $10, respectively.
- For example, if the alternatives available in your region allow it, you could organize a birthday celebration in the morning, order and get the cake, and be done with it before the sun sets on the festivities.
Compare the Best Birthday Cake Delivery Services
Frequently Asked Questions
How Far in Advance Do I Need to Order From a Birthday Cake Delivery Service?
Many birthday cake delivery providers will transport your cake the same day you place your purchase. Some companies, such as Postmates or Instacart, may even be able to deliver on the same day you order. You can order in advance from other firms depending on their availability on the calendar.
Does a Birthday Cake Delivery Service Allow Customization?
Most companies allow for customisation, but double-check first to make sure. For example, Carousel Cakes allows you to create a one-of-a-kind cake by customizing the taste of the cake, the filling, and the icing. Additional options include providing a design or drawing for the cake decorator to utilize when decorating the cake.
How Much Does a Birthday Cake Delivery Service Cost?
Prices for a 10-inch cake vary, but are typically between $50 to $120 on average.
In our search for the top birthday cake delivery services, we looked for firms that offered a wide range of options, as well as those who gave fewer options but supplied handcrafted and unique items.Other considerations were whether or not the company offered customization and/or catered to those with dietary allergies.In addition, we looked into local sources to ensure the shortest delivery possible.
How to Ship a Cake
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded The chore of shipping a cake may appear difficult, but there are a number of steps you can take to ensure that the cake reaches in good condition and without being damaged.Place the cake in an insulated bag with ice packs before placing it in a fresh cardboard box that is robust when you are ready to package it.If feasible, wrap the box with tape around all of the corners to form a cooler that will retain the cold air inside.If possible, pick a shipping option that will arrive in 1-2 days or less.Your cake is more likely to arrive in good shape if it is packaged well with plenty of cushioning.
1 Prior to shipping, place the cake in the freezer for 2 days.This will keep the cake fresh while it is being transported and will prevent the frosting from becoming smudged throughout the shipping process.Place the cake in the freezer so that it is level, and avoid putting anything on top of it while it is freezing to prevent it from melting.Make sure not to use any components that might deteriorate during transportation, such as cream cheese icing, custard, or fresh fruits, in case the cake begins to defrost.
- 2Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap to ensure that it is completely airtight. Begin by covering the frozen cake in plastic wrap, being sure to go around all of the edges at least two or three times. Wrap the plastic wrap around the object in a variety of directions to ensure that it is thoroughly covered. This produces a tight seal, preventing any air from entering and keeping the food as fresh as possible. Promotional material
- 3 Place the cake in an insulated bag or box filled with ice packs to keep it cool until serving time. Placing the cake in an insulated bag that will keep the meal cool is recommended. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap and place a couple ice packs in the bag to keep it frozen as well. Once the cake has been placed in the bag, secure it with tape to ensure that the cold air does not escape. If you order frozen meals to be delivered, they are generally sent in insulated bags with ice packs that may be used to cool the cake
- alternatively, frozen foods can be purchased from a grocery shop or large box retailer.
- Dry ice can be used as an alternative to ice packs in some situations. If you’re working with dry ice, gloves are a must since it can burn your skin.
- To ensure that the cake does not move around too much during delivery, use a container that is snug and fits the cake well.
4 In order to transport the cake, place it in a new, strong cardboard box.Place the insulated bag with the cake within it in a fresh new box that is the proper size for the cake to be displayed.It is not necessary to have a lot of open space around the cake, but the box should not be squeezing any portion of it.To guarantee a safe delivery, use a cardboard box that is durable and corrugated in construction.You may transport your cake using one of the free 2-day shipping boxes provided by the United States Postal Service, which are available in a variety of sizes.
- While the package itself is free, you will be required to pay a fixed delivery fee.
5 Use bubble wrap or paper to fill in any remaining empty area.Once the cake has been placed in the box, it should be completely filled up so that there is no room for the cake to move.Fill up the gaps between the layers of cake with bubble wrap, newspaper, tissue paper, or even plastic bags to create a compact padding around the cake.To protect the cake, place the padding around the whole perimeter of the cake.
- 1 Seal the edges of the bag and box with packing tape to prevent leakage. Packing tape should be used to seal the insulating bag and the box once it has been sealed with packing tape. Place the tape along each open side of the box to create a completely sealed cooler that will prevent any cold air from escaping. Fill the box with packing tape and tape it shut on all four sides and the top. Use numerous layers of tape to ensure that the box is securely sealed.
2 Attach the box to the address label and the shipping labels.Either hand-write the address on the box and take it to the post office to pay for a mailing label, or create a shipping label online to make the procedure more convenient and time efficient.In the event that you’re printing your shipping label with the address on it, you should tape the label to the package utilizing packing tape.Make certain that the shipping address and barcode are clearly visible on the package before mailing it.
3 Mark the box with the word ″Fragile″ so that postal workers are aware that the package is fragile.Then, using a permanent marker, put the word ″Fragile″ on the top and sides of the box once it has been taped up and labeled properly.You may also indicate which side of the box is up so that postal employees are aware of which side to handle the box with care and which side to place it down on.A sticker with the word ″Fragile″ on it would also suffice in this circumstance.
- 1 Choose 1-2 day delivery to ensure that your cake arrives at its location as soon as possible. Due to the fact that you are transporting food, it is critical that the cake travels for the shortest amount of time feasible. Choose a delivery method that takes no more than 1-2 days so that your cake does not thaw completely by the time it reaches its intended location. If you select a flat-rate box from the United States Postal Service, your cake will arrive in 2 business days.
- Overnight delivery, next-day shipping, and two-day shipping are frequently available as expedited shipping alternatives.
2 Send the cake out early in the week to minimize any delays over the weekend.The ideal days to mail your cake are Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday in order to ensure that it arrives as soon as possible.In the event that you ship it out on a Thursday or Friday, it is likely that your cake will become trapped during the weekend, when mail is not being delivered.In order to ensure that your package is delivered on time on a Wednesday, arrive to the post office as early as possible that morning.
3 Maintain track of the cake as it is delivered in order to keep track of its progress.The majority of postal and shipping firms will provide you with a tracking number for your shipment.Input this number into the service’s online tracking system to find out exactly where your cake is and when it will be delivered to your door.Consider providing the tracking information to the person or company who will be receiving the cake so that they may track it as well.
- Question Add a new question Question Is it possible to deliver food through the USPS? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. Staff Member of the wikiHow Editorial Board The United States Postal Service considers food to be a ″perishable item.″ In order to transport food, you must first ensure that it is packaged in a way that will not pose a health concern or cause other difficulties (for example, emitting an unpleasant scent when it starts to go bad!).
- Concerning the Question What is the best way to transport a cake on a plane? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. Staff Member of the wikiHow Editorial Board You are permitted to carry cake on an aircraft, but you may be required to allow airport security to check the cake first. Make certain that the cake is not wrapped and that it is in a box that is easy to open. In order to bring the cake on board, you may need to designate it as either a carry-on or a personal item on your flight itinerary.
- Question: Is it possible to convey chocolate without it melting? This answer was written by a member of our highly trained team of researchers, who then double-checked it for correctness and comprehensiveness before posting it. Staff Member of the wikiHow Editorial Board While the chocolate is still cold, place it in an insulated postal box to prevent it from melting. You may also include cold packs in the box to assist it stay chilled for an extended period of time. Make sure the chocolate is tightly packed within the box to ensure that no moisture may get in there. Answer to the question: How can I send a German chocolate cake? It would be the same as in the preceding article: First, put it in the freezer. It should be able to withstand a lot of abuse.
- Concerning the Question Is it necessary to freeze a coffee cake before mailing it to a customer? What about the gel packs? Do I need to use them? Yes, as long as the cake is freezer safe, you should always freeze it before transporting it. This will ensure that both the freshness and the shape of the cake are preserved. The use of gel packs may be recommended if the cake is not going to be shipped overnight.
- Questions and Answers Will dry ice be able to keep the cake cold once it has been frozen and while it is being shipped? Yes, it is possible! Normally, I add 5 pounds of weight every box. Only thing to remember is to use enough of bubble wrap to ensure that the bottom of your box does not become damp. Is it possible to transport a cake internationally via the United States Postal Service? It would take too long to get there, and the food would become stale and maybe even rotten. Is it possible to transport a complete cake using the foodsaver sealing bags? The cake will be edible, but it may lose its visual appeal as a result of the baking process. Most cakes are fluffy and have air pockets, therefore when they are vacuum packed, the cake becomes flat.
- Question What is the best way to send a Bundt cake? Then follow the steps outlined in the previous post. Does anybody know of a substitute for plastic wrap or aluminum foil that I can use to keep a cake at a consistent temperature while still giving the cake a more professional appearance? Make a shopping search on Google Shopping or another search engine for ″Where can I get a cake box?″ and see what results you get. Then choose a box in the required size by selecting one of the several possibilities displayed. Alternatively, you may just ask to get a box from the bakery section or cake making supplies store in your local grocery store. After that, you may wrap the box in anything you wish
- nevertheless, following the preceding instructions will serve to keep it at a comfortable temperature.
More information can be found in the following answers: Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
- Inform the individuals to whom you are mailing the cake when it has been delivered so that they can keep an eye out for it.
- Consider scheduling a pickup online for your delivery provider to come to your home and pick up the cake from there.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement Even if you box your cake really properly, it is still conceivable that it will be destroyed during the shipping procedure.
Things You’ll Need
- When shipping a cake, you’ll need plastic wrap, an insulated bag, frozen packs, a sturdy cardboard box, bubble wrap, tissue paper, and other packaging materials.
- Packing tape
- Shipping label
- Permanent marker
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX Shipping a cake may appear to be a difficult task, but if you wrap it correctly and ensure that it is adequately insulated, you should have no trouble.Begin by freezing the cake for 2 days before shipping it to ensure that it remains colder for a longer period of time.Afterwards, securely wrap the cake in plastic wrap and store it in an insulated container or box to keep it fresh.Ice packs should be used to assist maintain the cake’s temperature during the shipping process.After that, you may place the boxed cake into a fresh and strong cardboard box, filling in any spare space with bubble wrap, newspaper, or packing peanuts to keep the cake from moving around too much during transport.
- Choose 1-2 day delivery so that the cake arrives at its location as soon as possible and the amount of time it spends traveling is reduced.
- Continue reading if you want to learn how to properly seal and label a cake box while shipping it.
- Did you find this overview to be helpful?
- The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 254,827 times.
How To Ship A Cake Through The Mail
Instructions on how to ship a cake through the mail.Goldbelly makes the purchase and shipping procedure easier, and in many cases, they even provide free delivery.Many bakeries, such as red truck, sell entirely online through the goldbelly platform.A few stores do charge an additional shipping price, and you can choose to pay for expedited shipment if you want to.A 10 inch square board and a 10 inch square cake box were used to ensure that the piece would not slide off the board or into the box.
- Pack the cake securely in a styrofoam envelope with a tight-fitting lid.
Place Jars In Insulated Foil Bubble Bag And Seal Bag With Tape, Freeze If Possible.
Using this approach, you can avoid problems with crumbling or squished cakes, but the appearance will be less spectacular than it would be if you used a full cake. Make an effort not to include too many items (for example, Packing material, such as bubble wrap, newspaper, or kitchen towels, should be used to fill up any gaps left by the contents of the container.
Goldbelly Facilitates The Ordering And Shipping Process, In Many Cases With Free Shipping.
Place the cake and icing in the jars in an alternating fashion. Package the cake snugly in a fitted styrofoam mailer.,Shipping baked goods may be a simple process if you know what you’re doing.
The Cake Needs To Be Secure So It Can’t Move Around During Transit.
Put it in a sealed envelope and send it through the mail. The methods and strategies for transporting a complete cake will be covered in this episode, so stay tuned. The ideal materials for securing your food are parchment paper, aluminum foil, and plastic wrap, which should be followed by an additional layer of covering or placed in a ziplock bag.
Allow Them To Cool Completely Before Packaging.
Prior to delivery, freeze the cakes and carefully wrap them in plastic wrap to protect them from damage. The cost of cakes varies greatly based on the type of cake and the place where it is purchased. The use of priority mail is generally adequate for shipping baked products.
How Do I Ship A Cake In The Mail?
A 10 inch square board and a 10 inch square cake box were used to ensure that the piece would not slide off the board or into the box. Clean the containers that will be used to hold the cake jars. Many bakeries, such as red truck, sell entirely online through the goldbelly platform.
How To Ship Food
- The quality of the fondant flowers does not matter if the cake itself is not up to par when it comes to freshness. Wrapping the freshly baked goods in plastic wrap helps to preserve their freshness. Shrink wrap is best for strong baked goods such as Bundt cakes and pies, while hand-wrapping plastic around more delicate desserts is preferable. Cupcakes and elaborately frosted cakes can be made more durable by freezing them before shipping them. Insert a lollipop stick into the center of each cupcake in order to prevent the cupcakes from being hit by the lid of the container. Wrap each cookie individually in shrink bags or heat-sealed plastic for a more professional-looking presentation on the plate. Pack them tightly in a tin or other robust container to prevent them from falling out. Wrap cupcake tins, muffin tins, and other containers with plastic wrap to keep them airtight, or tape all of the sides together using strong tape. This will aid in keeping the freshness in while keeping the undesired heat and moisture out of the room. Tips for shipping macarons: If you’re shipping macarons, the meringue-based cookie with a soft sandwich filling, or other delicate sweets, cut tiny squares of bubble wrap and place a layer of cushioning between each macaron before placing them in your shipping container. This extra step will not only aid to maintain freshness, but it will also help to keep the delicate confections from smushing against one another while in transportation as well. Ice cream, frozen desserts, seafood, and other goods that need to be kept cool or frozen are all excellent for storing in sturdy insulated foam containers. Various wall thicknesses are available for these containers
- the thicker the wall, the less coolant will be required. Use insulated foam planks or thermal bubble wrap to line shipping boxes for heavy objects that don’t need to be shipped at extreme temperatures. Thermal bubble mailers are another alternative for transporting food in containers, like as cupcakes
- you’ll pour the coolant inside the mailer and pack it all in a strong shipping box with plenty of cushioning to protect it from damage during transit. If you want to keep food from being frozen, place it in an insulated container and surround it with gel packs. Soggy, leaking boxes do not make for solid shipping containers – nor do they make for a positive client encounter. A strong plastic liner should be placed inside your container to prevent leaks from forming within. Place an absorbent pad or mat on top of the liner to provide additional absorbency. A waterproof plastic bag should be used to encapsulate your things in addition to the liner. Whenever shipping fish, it’s a good idea to double bag it to ensure that it arrives in one piece. If you’re transporting live seafood, such as lobsters, oysters, or crabs, leave the bags open to allow air to circulate through the product. If you intend on mailing fruits or vegetables, read through the section on how to securely handle mail order items for regulations and recommendations on shipping fruits and vegetables. Cooling your food with gel packs or dry ice is the most effective method of keeping it chilled while in transportation. In general, dry ice should be used for ice cream and other foods that need to be kept cold, while gel packs should be used to maintain food between 32 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit. The use of regular ice is not the greatest solution since it is heavy and may cause the interior of the container to get moist as the ice melts. If you have to send frozen water, make sure to utilize water-resistant packing and to close it tightly after each shipment. Also, precooling your insulated container before you load it up will ensure that you get the most mileage out of your refrigerant. In contrast to gel packs, dry ice has the benefit of remaining dry when thawed, whereas gel packs become moist when thawed. Dry ice is the cooler choice, but it may not be as effective as gel packs in terms of keeping things cool. Aside from that, dry ice is classified as a hazardous item, and transportation through air is prohibited for quantities more than 5.5 pounds of dry ice. Always use gloves while working with dry ice to avoid being burned. Never wrap dry ice because the carbon dioxide that is emitted might cause an explosion if it is not allowed to expand properly. Additionally, if you’re shipping live seafood, avoid using dry ice. Regardless of what you’re transporting, you should never allow dry ice to come into direct contact with the food. More information on shipping with dry ice may be found in our helpful guide to dry ice shipping, which also includes information on how much you’ll need (and how long it will last). Filling the additional space in your shipment with cushioning can help you avoid broken cookies, damaged fruit, and banged-up filet mignon. Protect your food using materials such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts to ensure that it is protected by at least 2 to 3 inches of space. If there is any additional room left in your foam cooler, you may fill it with bubble wrap to help keep your contents stable. Wrap tins and other food containers in plenty of bubble wrap and place them in the center of the shipping box, at least 2 inches from the exterior walls, to keep them from shifting. When it comes to products like fruit and prepared food, soft foam inserts with customisable apertures are a great choice to consider. Whenever possible, use a fresh, robust corrugated box to transport perishable groceries. Likewise, your foam cooler is subject to the following: Always store it in a sturdy box to protect it from damage. Pressure-sensitive packing tape should be used to thoroughly seal all of the box’s seams on the top and bottom. When it comes to exporting fruit, padding and packing are extremely critical. No matter if you’re shipping from the orchard to the market or directly to the customer, you want your products to arrive in the best possible shape when they do. For the greatest results, follow these simple guidelines: Before packaging, remove any fruits that are broken or blemished. Always remember the old proverb, ″One sour apple spoils the whole lot.″ Avoid the urge to press softer fruits to determine whether or not they are ripe. Bruising may result as a result of this. Visual inspection should be used instead.
- Selecting your primary container should be based on the type (and volume) of fruit you will be transporting. Crates and trays made of wood are ideal for delivering oranges and other hard fruits like pears. The use of plastic containers for little soft fruit is ideal, whereas molded trays are ideal for anything that may be bruised easily if rolled around, such as peaches and pears. Another typical alternative is corrugated fiberboard
- nevertheless, it’s important to consider the climate of the area you’re transporting to and from. The ripening process is accelerated when the fruit is exposed to heat and humidity. That’s why it’s critical to understand the ideal temperature for the fruit you’ll be transporting before you ship it. Fresh sweet cherries, for example, have a relatively short shelf life and should be maintained at or near freezing temperature while in transit
- fruits continue to breathe even after harvesting, taking in oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide. In travel, the pace at which fruits respire varies depending on the type of fruit and the temperature at which it is transported. This may have an impact on other shipping issues as well. In the case of apples, for example, keep them as apart from other fruit as possible because apples have a tendency to absorb the aromas of their surroundings
- if you’re shipping in quantity, pack containers closely together while maintaining adequate ventilation. Plastic covers can be used to protect fruits from damage caused by other containers in the vicinity. Keep the contents of the container from shifting around by filling them with packing material inside of the container. Label your outside containers with the word ‘Perishable.’
For shippers that ship perishable goods on a regular basis and who adhere to all applicable restrictions, including interstate rules and regulations, UPS offers a contractual arrangement for the transportation of perishable goods, including fruits and vegetables.Make a provision for a maximum transit duration of 30 hours in order to achieve the greatest outcomes.In most cases, UPS Next Day Air® service is suggested, while UPS 2nd Day Air® shipment may be appropriate for commodities that require only moderate temperature regulation, such as fruits and vegetables.It is best to ship early in the week so that your parcel does not wait in a mailbox over the weekend.In some cases, flat rate shipping utilizing UPS 2nd Day Air® may be a possibility depending on the type of foods you are delivering and the size of the container.
- Learn more about how UPS Simple Rate can be a good fit for your business.
- With UPS® Tracking, you can keep an eye on your items and follow the progress of your cargo.
- Depending on your needs, you may track a single cargo or up to 25 shipments at the same time.
- Inform your receiver that a package is on its way to them.
- Sign up for UPS My Choice® for Business and have complete access over all of your outbound shipments and deliveries.
- If you are selling directly to consumers, UPS My Choice® provides your customers with better visibility and control over their inbound goods than ever before.
How to Ship a Cake (Step by Step)
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links.If you choose to make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, I may get a commission at no additional cost to you.Aside from that, I earn money as an Amazon Associate when people make eligible purchases.The act of baking cakes is something that many people are really enthusiastic about.You could like baking gorgeous cakes in your own time, and as a result, people will seek you out when they want cakes for celebrations or special events.
- Whether you’ve been baking cakes for friends and family members for weddings, birthdays, and other important events, it’s probable that you’ve done so with a sense of accomplishment.
- What do you do, though, when a friend or family member from out of town requests a birthday cake?
- It is not always feasible to deliver a cake to someone’s door, and you may need to consider shipping the cake instead of delivering it.
- People, on the other hand, are concerned about shipping cakes since there is a lot that may go wrong during the transportation procedure.
- What is the safest way to mail a cake such that it arrives at its destination in the condition in which it was intended?
- Continue reading to find out how to send a cake if you want to obtain the greatest results from your order.
Freeze the Cake
You should freeze the cake before shipping it as a first line of defense against damage during transit.When you freeze a cake, it has a better chance of surviving the journey and still tasting excellent when it arrives at its destination.No matter what kind of cake you’re preparing, it’s always a good idea to freeze it before shipping it out to customers.Unless there is a very particular reason why you can’t freeze anything, you should try to avoid freezing it.If you are unable to freeze the cake, it is possible that you will not want to mail it at all.
- If the cake is not being delivered to a remote location, it is sometimes acceptable to mail the cake through a courier service.
- Example: If you need to transport an item such as a cake to a place that is only a few hours away from your home, a courier service may be able to do it for you while treating the cake with extreme care.
- It’s possible that delivering the cake yourself will be just as convenient if you’re located in close proximity to the location where you’re shipping the cake.
Find an Appropriate Cake Box
Following that, you’ll need to purchase a suitable cake box in which to transport your cake to your recipient.You’ll want to choose a cake box that is the right fit for your cake, which means you’ll need to choose the box’s measurements based on the type of cake you’re sending as well as the overall size of the cake.Take the time to measure the cake, as well as any boxes that you intend to purchase to mail the cake in, before you begin baking.Following your confirmation that the size is correct, you’ll be able to place the cake inside the box.Several professional bakers have used an excellent practice in which they transport cakes in boxes that are lined with Styrofoam mailers.
- These Styrofoam mailers assist in ensuring that the cake fits securely within the box and that it does not move about inside the box.
- Many of these Styrofoam mailers will be something that you will use to place the cake inside and then move the Styrofoam mailer to the cake box once the cake has been served.
- Overall, this strategy works effectively since it just increases the overall security of the system, which is a good thing.
- It’s a good idea to utilize them whenever possible since it will increase the likelihood that the cake will reach at its destination in perfect shape.
- If you are unable to locate a mailer, consider using Styrofoam for the edges of the box to ensure that the cake is packed as firmly and safely as possible before mailing it.
Use Frozen Cool Packs
When it comes to delivering a cake, frozen cool packs will be another important component of the procedure.Even if you’ve frozen the cake you’re shipping, it’s still crucial to maintain the cake fresh during the shipping procedure to avoid spoilage.Cool packets for the freezer that are designed to be put into mailing envelopes are available.Simply store these in your freezer until it is time to package the cake and transport it to its destination.Simply remove the frozen cold packs from the freezer and insert them immediately in the box with the cake, without thawing them beforehand.
- Make an effort to uniformly distribute the cool packs around the cake so that the cake remains as cool as possible throughout.
- If all goes according to plan, these frozen cold packs should be able to keep your cake fresh on its journey to you.
- This is a step in the shipping preparation process that you will not want to omit if you are concerned about the state of the cake when it reaches at the destination.
Seal the Box Properly
Before delivering the cake, the next major step will be to carefully seal the box it will be packaged in.The box must be sealed tightly with high-quality shipping tape to ensure that nothing falls out while it is being transported to its final destination.You must be quite meticulous in the manner in which you seal the package.Tape all of the seams on the box, making sure to smooth the tape down as much as possible to ensure that it stays in place.If you don’t smooth down the tape, it’s possible that part of it will become hooked on something and come free later.
- In general, it will be preferable to use more tape than it will be to use too little tape, which means that you should just attempt to wrap the box as tightly as you possibly can without going overboard.
- The package will be ready to ship after you’re satisfied that the tape has been applied correctly in the first place.
- All that remains is for you to locate the most qualified company to send your cake to its destination.
Mark the Cake as Perishable and Fragile
It is recommended that you mark the cake box with a marker before delivering it to the shipping firm.You should clearly indicate that the item being delivered is perishable and fragile on the shipping label.This increases the likelihood that all of the delivery drivers will recognize the need of treating the box with care.It is possible that someone may make the mistake of placing the box below other boxes or making some other form of blunder, which will result in the cake being ruined if you do not take the time to do this.It takes only a few minutes to label a package as delicate and perishable, yet it’s something you’ll come to regret if you don’t do it.
- Some folks even have stickers with the words ″fragile″ and ″perishable″ on them that they use to label boxes when transporting baked delicacies such as these.
- If you have any stickers, the ideal spot to put them is at the very top of the container.
- Although, if you don’t mind using numerous stickers to make your point, it would be beneficial to position one on each side of the box to make your statement.
- Sometimes it’s wiser to err on the side of caution and take a risk that will pay off in the end.
- You just want to make certain that your cake gets to where it is supposed to go without getting squished.
Go Ship Your Cake
Following the completion of all preparatory work, it will be necessary to travel to a shipping firm in order to have your cake transported.You’ll want to work with a firm that has a good reputation and is capable of transporting perishable food goods in a timely manner to avoid disappointment.Many customers may choose huge shipping businesses that are well-known for transporting delicate items such as cakes.This might work out perfectly, but you will most likely have to pay a reasonable sum in order to get the goods transported as quickly as possible.Generally speaking, if you’re concerned about the cake melting or otherwise experiencing problems, it’s best to spend the extra money for overnight shipping.
- The majority of individuals would like that the cake arrives at its destination within a few days, at the very most.
- The more urgently you need anything delivered to its final location, the more expensive it will be to transport it that quickly.
- Providing that you know the size and weight of the item, you should be able to acquire an estimate from a firm on how much it will cost before you even begin baking the cake.
- It may be preferable to use a specialized cake delivery service for some cake deliveries.
- It is possible to hire a local courier service that will carry perishable things across state boundaries in several major American cities for a little cost.
- Using this method is particularly advantageous if you’re transporting a cake to a friend or family who lives many hours away.
Basically, you should assess your alternatives and choose the shipping provider that best meets your requirements.
Being aware of how to transport a cake appropriately should aid you in achieving positive results.You should be able to mail your cake without having to be concerned about whether or not it will arrive in good condition.Making certain that the cake arrives at its destination in good condition requires doing the appropriate things while packaging it.It’s ideal to freeze the cake if at all possible, and you’ll need to take special care while packing the cake box.A secure cake box will make all the difference in the world when it comes to shipping.
- Make sure you follow the guidelines outlined above before delivering a cake to a shipping firm in order to have it transported.
- It will be much simpler the next time you need to transport a cake since you will have learned how to do it correctly.
- When the time comes, you’ll already know what to do and will be prepared to get the cake out the door as quickly as possible.
Shipping With Dry Ice
Dry ice is a super-cooling substance that may be used for a variety of applications, ranging from keeping food and medical samples frozen to generating fog for concerts and Halloween parties, among others.It was found more over 180 years ago and boasts the unique feature of sublimation, which means that it can move immediately from a solid to a gas.It was discovered in a laboratory setting.If dry ice, also known as solid carbon dioxide, is not handled properly, it can be dangerous.Extreme cold can actually burn the skin, while gas vapor can produce explosions if it is not allowed to escape by sufficient ventilation.
- Dry ice, on the other hand, when utilized properly and under the proper circumstances, may be a highly efficient cooling agent for your shipment.
- Because dry ice has an extremely low temperature of minus 109.3 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 78.5 degrees Celsius), it should be used only for goods that must be kept extremely cold, such as frozen meals, delicate medical supplies, and some biologics, among other things.
- Even in that case, it might be considered overkill for certain items that do not require prolonged deep freezing.
- According to Quint Marini, package engineering manager at UPS Package Design and Test Lab, ″you have to make sure that dry ice does not have an unfavorable effect on the quality of the goods being transported.″ ″It may make sense to mix dry ice with other coolants, such as frozen gel packs,″ Marini advises, particularly when the journey length is greater than one to two days,″ according to Marini.
- Also, according to Ester Van den Bossche, UPS Temperature True® healthcare packaging manager for Europe, it is important to be aware of your alternatives.
- She notes that certain healthcare supplies are particularly sensitive to very cold temperatures, and that in certain cases, dry ice shipment may not be the best option.
″It is highly dependent on the product,″ she says.″UPS may address these concerns with you in order to assist you in determining if dry ice is the best option for your consignment,″ she says.After deciding to ship using dry ice, it’s critical to understand the safety measures and laws that apply to this kind of shipping.Dry ice may be purchased from a variety of local dry ice sources, including various grocery stores and big box retailers.
- It is available in a variety of forms and sizes, ranging from pellets and large blocks to slices and little bullets, depending on your requirements.
- Dry ice is typically affordable, and the more the quantity purchased, the lower the price per pound is per unit of weight purchased.
- It is essential to use considerable caution while working with dry ice due to the fact that its extremely low temperature might inflict physical injury.
- It is mandatory for handlers to wear goggles to protect their eyes, special gloves to protect their hands, and bibs to guarantee that dry ice does not leak beneath their garments.
- Every person involved in the supply chain who has the potential to co