12 inch cakes can be very generously served to 40 people with each slice measuring about 1 inch across the back. A standard fork is about one inch wide. Keep in mind that the thinner slice of a 12 inch cake is 6 inches long and 4 or 5 inches tall.
You’re serving cake slices that measure 2′ x 2′. To find the cake serving size area, multiply the length and width of the cake slice. Now you know that you have a 468′ 2 pan area and a 4′ 2 serving size area. To find the number of servings, divide the pan area by the serving size area. Sheet cake pan sizes may vary by manufacturer.
How much is a cake that feeds 40?
The starting price is based on any of the standard flavors listed on our website (one cake flavor and two filling flavors).
How much cake do I need for 45 guests?
4 tier wedding cakes start at 18 pounds (75 servings) using 6′, 8′, 10′, & 12′ tiers.
Cake sizes and recommended servings.
|2 lb. (8′)||8 – 12 servings|
|6 lb. (12′)||25 – 35 servings|
|7 lb. (14′)||30 – 40 servings|
|8 lb. (14′)||35 – 45 servings|
How many does a 4 layer 8 inch cake serve?
Tiers that vary in size will produce different portions, which you will need to factor in when creating your cake design. For instance, a 4 tiered cake in a standard shape and size, for example, 10-inch, 8-inch, 6-inch, and 4-inch tiers, can generally feed around 75 people.
How many does a 12 inch round cake feed?
A 12-inch round cake can easily serve between 26 and 56 people, with around 40 being the norm.
What size is a 6 inch cake?
Here’s a cheat sheet for the most common round cake pan sizes: Area of a 6-inch round pan: 29 in. Area of an 8-inch round pan: 51 in.
How many does a 3 Layer 8 inch cake serve?
The average 12′ wedding cake serves 40-60 people. The 10′ cake on top of that serves 30-40 people and the 8′ cake on top of that serves 20-25 people. So a classic 3-tier cake with 12, 10, and 8 inch layers serves about 100 people.
How many does a 9 inch round cake feed?
Cake Baking & Serving Guide
|4 In. High Cakes The figures for 2 in. pans are based on a two-layer, 4 in. high cake. Fill pans 1/2 to 2/3 full.|
|Pan Shape||Size||Wedding Servings|
How many will a 6 inch cake feed?
A round 6-inch cake can easily feed up to 11 people if you cut each slice 1 inch wide. If cut a bit more generously, a round 6-inch cake can serve up to 5 people, with the serving being richer in quantity. A square 6-inch cake can feed up to 18 people as it is bigger than round shapes.
How many does a 7 inch cake serve?
Portions for Sheet Cakes
|Approximate Portions for Single-Layer Cake|
|Cake Size||Round Sponge||Square Sponge|
What size cake do I need?
Cake Portions Chart
|Cake Size||Round Cake||Square Cake|
|5 inch (13 cm)||8 servings||8 servings|
|6 inch (15 cm)||11 servings||18 servings|
|7 inch (18 cm)||15 servings||24 servings|
|8 inch (20 cm)||20 servings||32 servings|
What is the standard cake size?
The most popular sizes are 8 or 9 inches square, but like round cake pans, they come in all sorts of sizes that can be used to create intricate tiered cakes of any height. When serving a cake in multiple tiers, you can add the number of servings for each sized tier.
How many slices are in a 9 inch round cake?
It seems like a simple question, but it can get very complex. There seem to be two commonly used charts: Wilton’s and Earlene’s. Wilton says that a two layer 9′ cake serves 32. Earlene’s Cakes says a 9′ cake serves 22.
How much cake batter do I need for a 12 inch round pan?
Wedding Cake Baking Time and Batter Amounts – Three Inch Deep Pans
|Pan Shape||Size||Cups Batter|
How many does a 3 layer 9 inch cake serve?
3 Layer – 9 Inch (15-18 Servings)
What is the size of a round cake?
Round Cakes Sizes 1 6′ Feeds (5-7 ppl). 6′ Tall*– (8-10 ppl) 2 7′ Feeds (7-10 ppl). 7′ Tall*– (15-20 ppl) 3 8′ Feeds (12-15 ppl). 8′ Tall*– (20-22 ppl) 4 10′ Feeds (20-25 ppl). 10′ Tall*– (30-35 ppl) 5 12′ Feeds (40-45 ppl) 12′ Tall*– (60-65 ppl)
What is the average size of a cake serving?
For the purposes of this chart, party serving amounts are based on cake slices that measure about 1½ x 2 inches in size. Wedding servings are based on slices that measure about 1 x 2 inches in size. Remember that number of servings are intended as a guide only. Actual results may vary.
Texas Sheet Cake
Date of publication: December 2, 2020 The most recent revision was made on September 15, 2021.Texas Sheet Cake is a delicious, chocolatey cake topped with a fudgey, luscious frosting that is sure to impress.It is simple to prepare and can easily serve a crowd the size of Texas in one sitting!Although this Texas Sheet Cake is one of our favorites, there are a plethora of other delectable cake recipes to choose from.You’re looking for something different than cake.
- For inspiration, try some of our favorite chocolate dishes, or explore all of our dessert recipes for ideas.
Texas Sheet Cake
Texas Sheet Cake is quite probably the most wonderful dessert to present at any celebration or gathering of friends and family members.Who doesn’t enjoy a slice of rich, velvety chocolate cake topped with a thick coating of fudge-y frosting on special occasions?We serve this dessert at all of our family events, including Memorial Day picnics, Fourth of July barbecues, Halloween celebrations, and even as a Sunday afternoon snack.And it’s quite simple to create.The ingredients are cooked in a saucepan on the stovetop!
- Neither the cake nor the icing require the use of a mixer.
The Secret Ingredient
Probably the moistest (say that 10 times fast) cake I have ever had the pleasure of tasting.It really melts in your tongue!Sour cream is the key ingredient in this recipe!Although it may seem strange, sour cream elevates Texas Sheet Cake to an entirely new level.Not only does it offer a tremendous amount of richness to the texture, but you can’t even detect any traces of the sour flavor.
- I believe that sour cream is essential to all of the greatest desserts out there!
- My personal favorite, though, is our Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake…it is really delicious!
The Icing on the Texas Sheet Cake
The icing on Texas Sheet Cake is so delicious that you will look forward to licking the spoon!It comes together in a matter of minutes and is poured over the cake while it is still warm.There will be no waiting for the cake to cool, and there will be no crumbs in your icing!Cook the frosting while the cake is still in the oven, around five minutes after it has been placed in the oven.It will firm up rapidly, so be sure to whisk it constantly until you are ready to pour it over the cake layer.
- Using a rubber spatula to spread the icing will make the job much easier.
- Of course, don’t be afraid to lick the extra off your fingers!
- It’s very delicious!
It is customary for some individuals to add chopped nuts into the icing before spreading it over the cake.
Tips for Serving and Storing
Whenever you serve Texas Sheet Cake, keep in mind that some people prefer their dessert warm and others prefer theirs cold, as the common phrase goes.I love to eat this cake immediately out of the oven when it is still warm!It’s warm, gooey, and really fantastic!However, it is equally delicious when eaten after it has cooled down a bit or after it has been in the fridge for a short period of time.Take it easy and enjoy it your way!
- Leftover cake may be kept at room temperature for up to a week if it is well wrapped.
- You may also keep it in the refrigerator if you choose.
More Decadent Cake Recipes
- If you enjoy our Texas Sheet Cake, we have even more delectable cake recipes for you to try out! The Strawberries and Cream Cake is a delicious summer treat that includes fresh strawberries in both the cake and the icing. Ideal for a get-together with the family
- Spiced Apple Pie– This Spiced Apple Pie is one of my favorite desserts since it’s quick, simple, and really delicious! It’s similar to a cinnamon roll baked into a cake, and everyone enjoys it.
- CHOCOLATE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE CO Bundt Cake with No Filling Copycat– Our copycat version of Nothing Bundt Cake’s Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is a MUST-TRY if you love chocolate and chocolate chips. We have a solid explanation why this is one of our most popular recipes
- Carnival Cruise Warm Melting Cake– Have you ever had the Carnival Cruise Warm Chocolate Melting Cake? If not, you should. If you’ve ever been on a Carnival Cruise, you know how incredible the experience is. If not, you may make this luscious chocolate melting cake at home to satisfy your sweet need.
- The following recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake is by far the simplest I have ever created, and it tastes just as excellent as more challenging ones that require more time and effort. It’s light and sweet, with a deep chocolate flavor that’s hard to resist. Additionally, a silky smooth chocolate ganache is placed over the top of the cake.
- Chocolate Pudding Cake– Because it only has four ingredients, this Chocolate Pudding Cake is possibly the simplest chocolate cake recipe you will find.
- Orange Pineapple Cake– This light, delicious cake with an island flare is made using oranges and pineapples. The wonderful whipped cream topping will be a hit with everyone! This dish is ideal for potlucks and gatherings.
- Coconut Cream Cake with Coconut Frosting– This Coconut Cream Cake with Coconut Frosting is a coconut lover’s dream come true! Cake with coconut flavoring, a thick and creamy coconut cream cheese icing, and even more toasted coconut on top
- it’s delectable!
How to Make Texas Sheet Cake
- In a saucepan, heat the butter, water, and cocoa until the butter is melted.
- Mix in the sugar, flour, and salt until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, and baking soda.
- Pour onto a 12×18-inch cookie sheet pan that has been greased with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, cocoa, and milk until smooth, then bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour icing on top of the heated cake.
- Serve immediately or set aside to cool. if wanted, serve with ice cream if desired
Walmart Cake Prices, Designs, and Ordering Process
Walmart’s speciality cakes aren’t just popular because of their low pricing, which aren’t the only reason to be pleased about Walmart’s specialty cakes.When it comes to Walmart bakery cakes (whether they are Walmart graduation cakes, Walmart baby shower cakes, or Walmart birthday cakes for adults or children), you can expect them to be not only reasonably priced, but also visually appealing and delicious as well.Other crucial data will be revealed as well in our comprehensive guide, which will throw light on Walmart cake pricing, including Walmart wedding cake prices (tiered).We’ll also discuss about Walmart bakery costs in general, including the prices for cupcakes, donuts, cookies, vegan specials, and other baked goods at the retailer’s stores.
Walmart Cake Prices
Firstly, we will answer the question ‘How much are cakes at Walmart these days?’ before moving on to the Walmart birthday cake designs or the Walmart wedding cake designs.For the time being, you can refer to the table below for the most recent Walmart cake pricing.Please keep in mind that Walmart cake costs may differ from one place to another, as well as from one design to another.As a result, the costs listed below are only approximate.
|Walmart Sheet Cakes|
|Walmart Round Cakes|
|8″ Single Layer||$7.50|
|8″ Double Layer||$13.00|
|Walmart Tiered Cakes|
|Walmart Cupcake Cakes|
Why Choose Walmart Cakes?
Walmart cakes are certainly appealing because of their reasonable costs, but there is another reason why so many people choose to shop at their local Walmart for all things cake-related.It is possible to have the cakes given by Walmart personalized to meet your specific requirements and tastes.Everything, from the flavor of the cake to the decorations and frosting, may be tailored to your specific tastes and specifications.The fact that there are so many options available makes Walmart the best place to go when shopping for that particular cake you’ve been looking for.It is possible to completely personalize each and every component of a Walmart cake, and there is a wide variety of alternatives available, such as cake flavors and designs, to fit any event.
- Cakes featuring licensed characters and movies, upmarket and special event cakes, sports-themed cakes, and picture cakes are all available from the retailing behemoth.
- With this in mind, you can select a Walmart cake for any and every event that comes your way, and you can customize every component of the cake to perfectly match the occasion.
- They essentially allow you to choose every single detail of the cake, allowing it to be completely tailored to your specifications and guaranteeing that you are completely satisfied with the final product.
Personalized touches may be added to any of Walmart’s bakery cakes, from classics like a round cake or a sheet cake to less usual possibilities like a giant cupcake cake or a personalized statement cookie.When it comes to designing Walmart cakes, the sky is the limit.Because Walmart cakes are among the most affordable on the market, and because their cake personalization service is provided at no additional fee, Walmart makes choosing the right cake for any occasion both simple and affordable, and at a shockingly low cost.
Walmart Cake Designs
You may rely on the Walmart bakery to provide you with a wide selection of cake designs.The bottom line is that you may take advantage of the affordable Walmart bakery cakes costs for virtually any occasion that you may be planning, thanks to their custom cake option.It is their goal to design cakes for special occasions such as birthdays, marriages, baby showers, graduations, athletic events, anniversaries, religious gatherings, and other similar occasions.They make use of high-quality ingredients and offer a wide variety of taste options to their clients.Instead of using standard icing, you may use non-dairy whipped icing instead of using dairy icing.
- When it comes to tastes, your cake may be chocolate or white, whereas sheet cakes can be yellow, marbled, tres leches, or any combination of the above flavors.
- You may make a strawberry, Bavarian, or other flavor cake filling, and the frosting can be white, chocolate, or a variety of colors, including whipped cream and butrcreme.
- The best part about Walmart’s cake choices is that when you fill out the purchase form, you can always choose your preferred sort of flavor, filling, and frosting by just checking the ″other″ option on the order form.
Walmart Birthday Cakes
Walmart’s birthday cake pricing are unbeatable — this is something we’ve all come to expect by now.However, the cake pricing at Walmart aren’t the only thing you should consider.In order for a cake to be genuinely valuable, it must also deliver superior quality to the party table.One of the nicest things about Walmart is that they have a wide variety of cakes to choose from, including sheet, round, and cupcake cakes, all of which are perfect for birthday celebrations.For birthday celebrations, you may pick from a variety of fascinating licensed character cakes, as well as a special theme cake for boys or girls, depending on the age of the kid.
- You may browse through their whole birthday cake collection and select the cake design that is most appropriate for you and your guests.
- Cakes with dinosaur or robot themes are particularly popular among boys, while cakes with butterfly or ballerina themes are popular among females.
- Also available are custom photo cakes that are made to order.
Walmart Graduation Cakes
At Walmart, you may purchase a graduation cake that is completely personalized to match the theme of your celebration, the amount of people attending, and the preferences of your graduating student.You may either opt with a traditional graduation cake or a trendy cupcakes dessert for your celebration.If you are unable to make a decision, you can get a Walmart party package.Then you’ll have to figure out how big you want the cake.Keep in mind that half sheet cakes typically have 48 servings, quarter sheet cakes typically have 24 servings, and two-tier cakes can accommodate up to 64 people.
- Cakes such as the two-tier cake are recommended for bigger gatherings, while the quarter sheet cake is recommended for smaller gatherings.
- Following that, you will have to choose from a variety of options, including flavors, fillings, and embellishments.
- Walmart provides a wide selection of fantastic graduation decorations, ranging from white and black graduation hats to edibles and graduation certificates, among other things.
A photograph may also be included to your Walmart graduation cake to make it more personal and memorable for your friends and family.Regardless of your selections, you will be more than pleased with the graduation cake that Walmart will produce for you, as many satisfied customers have expressed their appreciation for the outstanding Walmart graduation cakes.
Walmart Baby Shower Cakes
The pricing of Walmart baby shower cakes are the same as the prices of Walmart birthday cakes.Just like in the case of wedding cakes purchased at Walmart, the total cost of the cake is determined by its final size.In the case of a sheet cake for your baby shower, you have the option of selecting any size you desire, from one-quarter to one-half sheet.To bring out your inner child, you can choose a round cake or a cupcake cake as well.Walmart cake costs vary, but you can get a general idea by glancing at the chart we’ve supplied above and talking to the baker at your local Walmart.
- Walmart cake pricing are subject to change.
- Walmart has a different assortment of cakes for boys and cakes for girls, as well as cakes for infants and children.
- It is possible to go over these options to acquire ideas for the next baby shower cake that you will require.
Walmart Wedding Cakes
Weddings are notoriously expensive, as we all know!It is therefore a source of great comfort for the bride and groom to discover that Walmart bakery wedding cake costs are relatively affordable.The pricing for wedding cakes at Walmart are divided into two main groups, which are determined by the height of the cake you desire.The price of a three-tiered wedding cake from the Walmart bakery is roughly $140, but the less expensive Walmart wedding cakes are approximately $58 each piece.Because a wedding cake takes longer to build and because people frequently plan for it in advance, you should consult with a Walmart baker personally to choose the specifics of your wedding cake.
- Before calling the Walmart bakery, you may want to read our advice on how to choose the best wedding cake before proceeding.
- You may find more inspiration for your wedding cake design by browsing through their special occasions and premium cakes catalogs.
Custom Walmart Cake Options
A wide range of options are available when it comes to designing your Walmart cake. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION The following is a comprehensive list of all of the options accessible to you when creating your own custom Walmart cake:
Size and Format
- Four-quarter sheet cake, half sheet cake, full sheet cake, eight-inch round cake, two-tier round cake, designer kit cake, block cake, party bar cake, small cupcake cake, large cupcake cake, and message cookie
- Chocolate Chip
- Tres Leches
The frosting is available in a number of colors and styles, including white, chocolate, and colorful.
Walmart Bakery Prices
Walmart not only has a great selection of wonderful cakes, but they also have a large range of other baked products, such as cookies, donuts, cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, muffins, brownies, and bread, among other things. We’ve compiled a list of approximate costs for various baked items in the section below.
|Mini Cupcakes (12 count)||$2.98|
|Chocolate Curl Cupcakes (10 count)||$6.00|
|Assorted Cupcakes (6 count)||$3.78|
|Assorted Cupcakes (12 count)||$6.00|
|Assorted Cupcakes (24 count)||$11.98|
|Walmart Donuts and Cinnamon Rolls|
|Donut Holes (different varieties)||$2.98|
|Donuts (different varieties)||$2.78|
|Mini Donuts (16 oz)||$2.98|
|Persian Cinnamon Rolls||$2.78|
|Bismarks (different varieties)||$2.78|
|Assorted Donuts (8 count)||$2.78|
|Croissant Donut (6 count)||$2.78|
|Walmart Cookies, Brownies, and Muffins|
|Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Icing||$8.98|
|Cookies (different varieties)||$3.68|
|Candy Cookie Bites||$6.00|
|Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies||$2.00|
|Mini Peanut Butter Fudge, No Bake Cookies||$3.48|
|Soft Oatmeal Cookies||$2.00|
|Brownie (different varieties)||$3.98|
|Mini Brownie Bites||$2.98|
|Blueberry Muffins (2 count)||$2.00|
|Muffins (different varieties, 4 count)||$3.98|
|Mini Muffins (different varieties)||$3.28|
|Blueberry Breakfast Bread (4 count)||$3.28|
|Pound Cake (4 count)||$3.28|
|Hot rolls (8 count)||$2.28|
|Kaiser Rolls (6 count)||$2.74|
|Natural White Sub Rolls (6 count)||$2.74|
|Natural Brat Buns (6 count)||$2.28|
|Multigrain Ciabatta Sandwich Rolls||$2.98|
|European Style Croissants (6 count)||$2.98|
|Jumbo Croissant (4 count)||$2.98|
|Natural White Telera (10 count)||$2.74|
|English Toasting Sandwich Bread||$2.98|
|Wheat Bolillios (6 count)||$1.88|
|Split Top Potato Rolls (16 count)||$2.98|
|Brioche Dinner Rolls (12 count)||$2.98|
|Sweet White Rolls/Slider Buns||$2.28|
|Golden Hawaiian Dinner Rolls||$2.98|
|French Steak Rolls (24 count)||$3.98|
|Loaf (different varieties)||$2.48|
|French Bread (different varieties)||$1.00|
Keep in mind that the cost of Walmart’s baked products may vary depending on which Walmart store you choose to shop at. Additionally, you may come across a range of different baked delicacies that are not listed in the chart above. The goods indicated, on the other hand, are normally available for purchase in every Walmart bakery across the country.
Walmart Vegan Desserts
Walmart also has a great selection of vegan sweets and sweet snacks for those who follow a vegan diet.The good thing is that, unlike cakes, you can purchase these goodies online because they are already prepared.Nothing more complicated than visiting their vegan category, browsing through the items available, and selecting your favorite dessert, adding it to your basket, and then checking out.Cybele’s Free-to-Eat Chocolate Chip Vegan & Gluten-Free Cookies, Wonderfully Raw Coco-Roons, Nature’s Bakery Gluten-Free Raspberry Fig Bar, and Country Choice Chocolate Vanilla Sandwich Cream are just a few of the delectable vegan desserts available at Walmart.
How to Order Walmart Cakes
The next point to mention is that, after looking over the Walmart cake costs listed above, you are most likely interested in placing an order.Unfortunately, unlike many other bakeries, Walmart does not allow you to order a cake straight from their website.It is possible, however, to download their order form, print it, complete it, and hand it in to the baker at your local Walmart store.Customers are cordially requested to place their orders at least 24 hours in advance, and several days in advance if they are ordering a wedding cake from the bakery.On terms of the form, you may begin by submitting your personal information in the top portion of the page.
- Make certain that your phone number is valid so that the bakery can reach you.
- Then you may choose the size of the cake you want or the quantity of cupcakes you want to include in your order.
- You may continue to add flavors, frosting, and filling to your creation.
Before you end, you must state the style, but you may also provide instructions or other notes in the last section.If you want to know where the nearest Walmart bakery is where you can place an order, you may use their shop finder to locate one.The store discovery tool may also be used if you wish to try any of their other baked items, which are not available for purchase on their website either.Thanks for reading, and please feel free to share your Walmart cake-buying experience and opinions with other readers in the comments area below.Recommended Read more about Target Bakery Cakes Pricing, Designs, and the Ordering Process.
Lemon Pound Cake
- I used the pan size recommended and had to cook it for a few minutes longer than recommended because the centre was still raw. The borders ended up being dry, but the interior was really wet. I really like the flavor. In order to get the interior to cook as quickly as the exterior, I would recommend adding half of the batter.
- This lemon pound cake has me completely smitten! I always find up having to simmer it for a little longer than the recipe calls for, but it always comes out delicious. I also make some changes to the glaze—the recipe provided produces a really thin glaze, and we prefer it thicker! However, I give it a 10/10.
- This was a solid, but not spectacular performance.
- However, it was more drier than previous pound cakes I’ve eaten, despite the fact that I followed the recipe almost perfectly and removed the cake from the oven as soon as it was finished.
- It was absolutely necessary to have ice cream on hand to moisten it.
- The lemon flavor was pleasant, and the swirls of lemon zest on top were attractive, but I was a little underwhelmed by it overall.
- I believe I will attempt again, but this time I will concentrate on making it more wet.
- This cake has been made multiple times.
- The cake is delectable.
- Almond milk or almond milk yogurt have been substituted for the milk.
- Lemon juice should also be drizzled on the underside and sides of the cake.
- Reduced the amount of lemon juice in the glaze since there was too much glaze.
- To be clear, please supply your recipes with weights and ounce measurements so that we can replicate what you created. It is not allowed for Bon Appetite to publish recipes that are based on educated guesses at their core. There are no excuses! And be very cautious with the final lemon drench since it completely transforms the cake, maybe not for the better
- I know that no-recipe recipes are intended to be easier to create, but in this instance it does not make things any easier. When it comes to lemons, the amount of juice they produce varies, thus relying on half of a no-number amount is a waste of time. It appears that my glaze is watery, and I’m short of powdered sugar. Thank you so much
- this is a deliciously lemony pound cake, as promised. My family and I have enjoyed this dish on multiple occasions. I have cooked it twice already and both times it has been a success. However, the last time I made it, I used the convection bake setting on my oven instead of the usual one, and it baked much more quickly on the outside while leaving a middle that was underbaked and with a collapsed dome. I believe that this was caused solely by the convection setting on the computer. If you want to give it a try, I would recommend baking it as you typically would in a standard oven. Additionally, I use Meyer lemons when I prepare it, which I believe gives it a distinct and delightful flavor profile. tl
- Dr Delicious, but avoid using a convection oven and experiment with Meyer lemons
- this is my favorite pound cake recipe! It’s really simple! I exclude the glaze since it isn’t necessary and because it made the dish too sweet when it was included. Is it possible for you to provide the WEIGHTED dimensions as well? The weights, in my opinion, make everything much more exact and consistent. Thank you very much.
- This is the most delicious lemon pound cake I have ever cooked!
- This is the second time I’ve made it, and the aroma of the buttery, lemony components fills the entire home!
- Very simple directions to follow
- I’ve never baked before, but it was surprisingly simple.
- Once again, I can’t wait to cut into this gorgeous pound cake with my fingers.
- Everyone should give it a try at least once
- I guarantee you’ll be making it again.
- Thank you very much.
- I make this dish once or twice a month, but I find that substituting orange juice for the lemon juice and adding roughly a cup of frozen cranberries brings it to life even more. It takes a little longer to bake, but the result is much more moist, and the cranberries offer a splash of color and a tangy flavor. For the soak, I normally use half lemon juice and half orange juice
- it’s quite simple to make and absolutely wonderful! I used Cup4Cup gluten-free flour to make it, and it turned out great. In the case of gluten-free flour, I cooked it for 70/75 minutes at 350°F. I really like how you included the lemon juice before the glaze. Due to the fact that I did not have a cake tester, I used a chopstick, which looked a little strange with the holes since you could see it through the glaze
- best pound cake I’ve ever had in my whole life
- THANK YOU SO MUCH for this delicious recipe! I used just 1 lemon’s zest in the cake batter, and I omitted the glaze since I was pleased with the amount of sweetness in the cake itself. I also used only 1 lemon for the glaze. The cake turned out beautifully, and the scent of buttery lemon cake is drifting through my room right now. The recipe was delicious, and I would absolutely make it again, possibly with the addition of some poppyseeds for a different texture. Once again, thank you so much.
- It was tasty, but not spectacular, and it was simple to prepare. It wasn’t exactly the lemon pound cake I had hoped for. Despite the cup of butter, the dish is simply not rich enough. Perhaps substituting sour cream for the milk would be beneficial? Crumb was delicate, but I didn’t care for the fact that it had pockets of pure lemon juice on top, which I found too acidic and made the bottom taste insignificant in contrast.
Caramel Cake with Caramel Icing Recipe
Have you ever tried to make a Caramel Cake with Caramel Icing recipe?If not, you should!It’s a traditional Southern dessert!However, instead of making a layer cake, I turned it into a thin sheet cake instead.I believe that spending less time baking and more time eating is preferable.
- It’s quite simple to put together.
- The original version of this piece was published on August 1, 2018.
- When I stepped into the kitchen the other day, I found my 1-year-old baby Valentine sitting on a chair beside the kitchen counter, gnawing on an entire stick of BUTTER.
I was shocked.In this household, softening butter on the counter comes with a number of hazards.I took this image just minutes after I finished giving her a bath to clean up after her toilet-training misadventures.She repaid me with a head of butter-soft hair.These youngsters, they’re the best!Thanks to her attractiveness, this is a manageable situation.
Caramel Cake…sheet cake?
Sheet cake has been somewhat of a recent obsession of mine.Just a few weeks ago, I published the recipe for The Only Texas Sheet Cake You’ll Ever Need, which I had tested three times before posting it.After that, I went directly into the caramel version of the recipe.(As a side point, do you say car-mel or care-uh-mel when you say it?Although I grew up speaking car-mel, I have just shifted to care-uh-mel for whatever reason, and I now feel like a pompous food snob every time I pronounce it.
- The truth is finally revealed!)
Southern Caramel Cake wannabe
It was Caramel Cake, the Southern sort with layers, that I really wanted, but I didn’t want to go to all the trouble of making actual layers.When making a typical Southern Caramel Cake, the cake portion is not truly caramel-flavored; rather, it is a yellow or white cake that serves to soak up all of the caramel icing’s richness.But the cake portion of today’s recipe really has a caramel flavor to it because we’re using 2 cups of brown sugar in the batter.This will be baked on a sheet pan, so it will be ready in 20 minutes!
Caramel Cake Ingredients
- Everything you need is right here. It’s really simple! Salted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, and evaporated milk are used in this recipe.
- Baking soda
- Sour cream
- Large eggs
How To Make Caramel Cake
This cake recipe is quite straightforward. It’s almost the polar opposite of a traditional Caramel Cake, lol. Here’s a high-level summary, and I’ll provide you with some further details and photographs below!
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and water together, then stir in a ton of brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- The eggs and sour cream should be whisked together separately before being added to the batter.
- 20 minutes in the oven! That is all there is to it.
What size pan should I use to bake caramel sheet cake?
It works best on a half sheet pan (1813 inch) since the cake is thinner (thinner cake implies a greater frosting ratio!) but there are other possibilities for sheet cake. It is important to remember to modify the baking time according on the pan size you choose. Cooking times will always vary due to the fact that each oven is unique.
How To Make Caramel Frosting
And now for the frosting on the cake. Real caramel icing, made from scratch with dried sugar poured straight into a pan, takes around an hour to create from start to finish while stirring a pot the entire time. No, thank you very much. I’m a big fan of using brown sugar instead of white sugar. Brown sugar, thank you very much. Here’s a brief rundown of everything!
- 10 minutes after bringing the butter, brown sugar, and evaporated milk to a boil
- Pour in the vanilla extract.
- Place the pan of frosting in an ice bath for around 5 minutes to assist in thickening it
- Spread the mixture over the cake and enjoy! Don’t take it all with a spoon at first
- it would be bad.
(This is how your caramel should appear when it’s boiling.) By the end of the 10 minutes, the sauce should have thickened.) It’s time for an ice bath.You can see how nicely thick it has become at this point.If you boil it on the stove with some butter and evaporated milk, you can still obtain that rich caramel flavor, and it just takes a few minutes.The wet sugar process is more simpler than the dry sugar approach.After boiling, you chill for several minutes in an ice bath to thicken it up.
- This method for cooking frosting is one of my favorites, and I’ve used it in a variety of recipes, including Nana’s Famous Fudge Brownies and this Peach Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting, to great success.
- It helps the frosting to thicken up and become silky smooth.
- I eat it by the spoonful!
In comparison to a handful of butter, this is far superior.
Is there a difference between icing and frosting?
The frosting is thick enough to be easily distributed.It retains its suppleness around the edges.Put yourself in your favorite Chocolate Cake’s icing position.For days, it was swirly soft.It is thin enough to spread over the top of a cake and generally hardens around the edges (like in today’s caramel frosting!).
- When you cut into it, it will seem crackly, much like the frosting on this Glazed Lemon Bread recipe.
- Today’s caramel frosting is a little like a cross between a frosting and an icing.
How To Store Caramel Cake
Store this cake in an airtight container on the counter!In the event that you leave the cake in the baking pan that it was baked in and do not have a lid for that pan, it will dry up quickly, even if you cover it with plastic wrap.Transferring it to a big rectangular food storage container is my preferred method.If you want the frosting to stay lovely and smooth for display purposes, simply use one coat.It also freezes well provided the container is properly shut.
How Long Does Carmel Cake Last?
First and foremost, you should consider if you will actually have any leftovers.You should also consider placing it in the freezer if it has been out for more than a few days due to some strange twist of destiny.The shelf life of frozen cake is up to 3 months.Take a look at this, you lot.Can you see how this appears like I’m slicing up a square of soft caramel on the surface of the page?
- It is, in fact, caramel, with the additional advantage of cake behind it!
- It’s really rich and delicious, and I couldn’t stop eating it.
- A little goes a long way in this world.
(For those who aren’t me, this is for you.) This cake serves a large number of people and would be an excellent treat to bring to a sporting event.
More sheet cakes that you will die and go to heaven for!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram
Caramel Cake with Caramel Icing
Servings per recipe: 20 Preparation time: 15 minutes Preparation time: 17 minutes Time allotted: 32 minutes Is Caramel Cake with Caramel Icing something you’ve tried before?It’s a traditional Southern dessert!However, instead of a layer cake, I turned this into a thin sheet cake for presentation purposes.I believe that spending less time baking and more time eating is preferable.It’s quite simple to put together.
For the cake
- 1-1/2 cups salted butter (two sticks), 1-1/2 cups water, 2-1/2 cups brown sugar, 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2-1/2 cups flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 big eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the icing
- 3/4 cup salted butter (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 3 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup evaporated milk OR heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup plus 1/3 cup evaporated milk OR heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare an 18×13-inch half sheet pan* by lining it with parchment paper or spraying it thoroughly with nonstick spray (or greasing it with butter)
- 1 cup butter and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until melted and smooth. Stir add 2 cups brown sugar, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a rolling boil (that means bubbles all the way across the top, not just the edges.) Immediately remove from heat after it has reached a full boil.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes before adding 2 tablespoons vanilla extract.
- Add 2 cups of flour to the saucepan, but don’t stir it until it’s well combined. Add the salt and baking soda on top of the flour and mix it in with a little spoon (you don’t want a lump of salt or baking soda in your cake, icky! ).
- To incorporate the flour mixture, whisk it in with a fork. Make an effort to remove all of the lumps.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sour cream until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan that has been prepared and distribute to the borders of the pan
- Bake for 17-20 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out cleanly without any batter on it. It will begin to slide away from the side of the pan as the corners of the cake begin to come away.
- Allow for roughly 20 minutes of cooling time before icing the cake.
- To make the caramel frosting, follow these steps: In a clean saucepan, heat 3/4 cup butter, 3 1/2 cups brown sugar, 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup evaporated milk (or heavy cream), and 1/4 teaspoon salt until the butter is melted. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once it comes to a rolling boil, set a timer for 10 minutes and stir occasionally throughout that time. By the end of 10 minutes, the caramel should have thickened slightly and should be able to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract until well combined.
- Fill a large mixing basin halfway with cold water. Placing the entire pan of frosting into the ice bath will ensure that there is no water getting into the caramel. Wait 5 minutes, swirling the sides of the pan every minute, until the sauce has thickened. Take a look at the images. Ensure that it does not stiffen up without your knowledge by keeping an eye on it! (Do not walk away from the situation.) Several individuals complained that their caramel had become too hard since they had waited too long. You can see their comments here. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes, other times it takes up to 8 minutes.)
- With a wooden spoon, gently stir the frosting to ensure that it is thickening up as desired. While it’s still pourable, take advantage of the situation. Immediately pour the frosting over the partially cooled cake and distribute it to the edges
- leave aside for a few minutes before serving while still warm. This is really delicious when served with vanilla ice cream! Because it’s so rich, you can cut it into fairly little pieces (I mean, really small). I don’t believe it. However, I have a serious sugar taste.)
*I like to bake this cake in an 18×13-inch pan (it makes for a thinner cake), but the following are the baking timings for alternative pan sizes: If you’re making it in a 9-by-13-inch cake pan, it will take 23-25 minutes to bake.If you are using a 15-by-10-inch jelly roll pan, bake it for approximately 20 minutes.If you are baking it in an 18×13 half sheet pan, it will take around 17-20 minutes.All of these timeframes are subject to variation due to the fact that every oven is unique.452 kcal, 70 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein, 19 g fat, 12 g saturated fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat, 5 g monounsaturated fat, 1 g trans fat, 452 kcal cholesterol (67 mg), sodium (325 mg), potassium (147 mg), fiber (one gram), sugar (sixty grams), vitamin A (585 international units), vitamin C (1 milligram), calcium (94 milligrams), iron (one milligram) Dessert is the final course.
- American cuisine is served.
- Cake, caramel, and caramel frosting are some of the keywords.
- Calories: 452 calories per serving In order for us to receive money from connecting to Amazon.com and related sites, we have joined the Amazon Services LLC Associates Network, which is an affiliate advertising program.
A collection of really good online calculators
The ″Good Calculators″ project is a collection of high-quality online calculators that have been meticulously built to run on a variety of devices, including PCs, smart phones, and tablets.This project is still under progress, and the goal is to have a calculator available for any of our community’s requirements, whether they are personal or business-related.We recognize that our project may be perceived as geeky, but it is our passion to provide this service and to make all of our calculators as simple to use as possible for our customers.In order for you to completely understand how our calculator arrived at its result, we give a thorough step-by-step instruction for all of the calculations or equations that you have placed into one of our calculators whenever possible.This not only provides you with the answer you were looking for, but it also provides you with an understanding of how all of our calculators operate.
- We presently offer over 350 calculators to assist you with your math needs, whether it’s in the financial sector or with your schoolwork, or in areas such as weight loss, pregnancy, and a variety of other areas.
- We are continually striving to give our community with a greater selection of calculators by expanding our development efforts.
- Our calculators are absolutely free of charge because we think that all of the knowledge available on the internet should be free of charge and accessible to everyone without difficulty!
We ask that you offer us with feedback and email us any ideas you have for our calculators so that we can make sure that any issues are fixed and that we are able to introduce new features and improvements.Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.If you are a frequent user of our services, be sure to bookmark us and forward our URL to your friends and colleagues.
Specialty & Theme Cakes – Pricing & Flavors
Skip to the main content Specialty & Theme Cakes – Pricing & Flavorsadmin2021-08-05T15:39:32-04:00 Specialty & Theme Cakes – Pricing & Flavors Our unique cakes begin at a price that includes three layers of cake and two layers of filling, depending on the design.A typical flavor offered on our website is used as the basis for the starting price calculation (one cake flavor and two filling flavors).In addition, we provide a birthday greeting.Any extra décor will be charged at the appropriate rate; please enquire about your unique design.Please enquire about the additional cost of fondant-covered tiers.
- Thank you.
Standard Specialty & Theme Cake Prices
|1/4 sheet cake||25||$60.00|
|1/2 sheet cake||50-60||$100.00|
|full sheet cake||100-125||$200.00|
Please keep in mind that prices are subject to change without notice.
Cake sizes and recommended servings
According to our experience, the recommendations provided below are an excellent general reference for new clients in deciding the size cake they will require.Only you know how much your family and friends are eating, so make adjustments as necessary.Often, you may receive more portions per cake than the number of serves shown above.This is simply a general overview of the subject.There are a plethora of other conceivable combinations.
- Wedding & Custom Specialty Cakes are our specialty.
- Because we assess the yield on OUR cakes to feed 5 people to the pound (3.2 oz.
- each slice), if you have 100 guests, we propose a cake that weighs 20 lb.
(One hundred and fifty visitors divided by five equals twenty) If you want to save the top tier for the couple to take home, you’ll need to add another 2-3 pounds to the overall weight.Size and weight of the top levels range from 6″ to 8″ in height and from 1.5 to 3 lbs.When comparing wedding cake rates, always inquire as to how much the cake will weigh, rather than how many portions it would include.Tier heights for our wedding cakes are typically 4″ in height.The diameters are shown in the table below.Tiers that are rounded Cakes for two-tier weddings start at 6 pounds (30 servings) when employing a 6-inch-thick layer on a 10-inch-thick layer.
- 3 tier wedding cakes start at 10 pounds (50 servings) and may be made with tiers of 6″, 9″, and 12 inches in height.
- 4 layer wedding cakes start at 18 pounds (75 servings) and may be made with tiers of 6″, 8″, 10″, and 12 inches in height.
- The price of a five-tier wedding cake starts at 22 pounds (110 sevings) Tiers that are square in shape (some examples, not a strict guide) The weight of 2 levels is 15 pounds (75 servings) 8″ plus 12″ = 16″ Three levels equal 25 pounds (125 servings) 8″ x 12″ x 16″ = 32″ The total weight of the four levels is 27 pounds (135 servings).
- Birthday & Party Cakes in the Sizes of 4″, 8″, 12″, and 16″ Cakes by the pound |
- Sheet Cakes |
- Layer Cakes |
- Cakes Made to Order Pound Cakes in a Circle (2.5″ – 3″ tall) Pounds are sold in increments of two, three, and four pounds, respectively.
- (The measurement in inches is for reference only.) (Plain, Marble, and Chocolate Chip are all options)
|2 lb. (8″)||8 – 12 servings|
|3 lb. (9″)||12 – 18 servings|
|4 lb. (10″)||16 – 24 servings|
|5 lb. (12″)||20 – 30 servings|
|6 lb. (12″)||25 – 35 servings|
|7 lb. (14″)||30 – 40 servings|
|8 lb. (14″)||35 – 45 servings|
Quarter, half, full, 75, and double sheets are available (All flavor cakes in single height – 2″ high)
|1/4 sheet||approx. 12|
|1/2 sheet||25 – 30 servings|
|Full Sheet||50 – 60 servings|
|sheet for 75 (3″ high)||75 – 80 servings|
|Double Sheet(2 full sheets stacked)||100-120+ servings|
Layer Cake – a cake with two layers of chocolate or vanilla frosting. Sizes are sold by the inch, for example, 8″, 9″, etc (Typically 4″ tall)
|8″||8 – 12|
|9″||14 – 18|
|10″||18 – 24|
|12″||22 – 30|
Torte Cakes with a Splash of Color Our more eleborate tortes are heavier than the ones shown above in the same sizes.For example, an 8-inch Carrot Cake may weigh 3.5 pounds or more depending on the ingredients.Simple 3″ tiers in pound cake (these are NOT wedding cakes; they are just basic 3″ tiers).On this cake, there is less area for embellishment than on others.The price per serving for these is cheaper than the price per serving for Custom / Wedding Cakes.
- The weight is 5 pounds and the portions are 25.
- The tiers are 8 inches on 10 inches.
- 10 pound – 50 serves – 3 levels of 6″, 9″, and 12″ in height.
Mayfair Bakery, located in Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, owns the copyright.
The Ultimate Cake Portion Guide
The date is January 5, 2021.As a baker, it’s quite easy to become completely preoccupied with the appearance, flavor, and texture of a cake.What will it look like?Will the flavors be complementary to one another?Will my cake come out to be light and fluffy?
- All of these inquiries are far too prevalent.
- The size of the cake is something that many people overlook or put off until the last minute, but it is really important.
- Obviously, you want each and every visitor to have a delicious slice of cake.
Another item to consider is the way the cake will be presented…To put it another way, the greatest approach to chop and serve your masterpiece in order to distribute it as easily as possible.After all, you don’t want to go through all the trouble of making a gorgeous, mouth-watering cake, only to have to turn away guests because there aren’t enough slices for everyone.That’s why we’ve created our Ultimate Cake Portion Guide (along with an infographic, which you can find below).It provides all you need to know about dividing up cake servings correctly.Continue reading, and you’ll learn all you need to know about baking the correct size cake for the appropriate number of servings, whether it’s for a wedding cake, a birthday cake, or any other form of cake – no matter how big or little the occasion.
Wedding Cake Portions
A dish of cake is just a slice of cake that is served to guests as a part of the meal.A wedding cake slice is often cut into two pieces of the same size.Generally speaking, the following are the measurements of a wedding cake slice: One inch in width and one inch in depth, with a height of 4/5 inches (the height of the cake).You may also see pieces referred to as ‘wedding’ or ‘finger’ portions for the smaller size, and ‘party portions’ for the slightly bigger size (2 inches deep) that are referred to as ‘party portions’.
Other Variations of Cake Portions
The number of cake servings that may be made from a cake will be determined by a variety of factors, one of which is the height of the cake being sliced.Consider the following scenario: we have a 7-inch-tall layer cake, which is significantly taller than a conventional wedding cake, which is around 4 inches tall.Tall, tiered cakes have grown increasingly popular as a result of their eye-catching appearance.In addition, cutting and serving this form of cake might be a bit more difficult than other types.The appropriate serving technique will be determined by the number of cake layers that are used, the height of the cake layers, and the amount of buttercream that is sandwiched between each layer.
- It’s generally advised that, if a cake is taller than 7 inches, it be sliced into rectangular cake pieces in any of the sizes shown above.
- Slices can then be split in half horizontally to make a sandwich.
- This effectively doubles the cake portions, resulting in every single slice yielding two servings.
Standard layer cakes
As soon as you have a general estimate of the number of servings that will be required, you can choose what size cake to prepare.Unexpectedly, non-tiered cakes are far easier to plan cake portions for than tiered cakes.It is customary for a single-tiered cake to be bought in smaller sizes, such as 6″ to 8″ in diameter, and to have a fairly uniform number of portions, which varies based on the cake’s design.For example, a square cake that is 8 inches wide will yield more servings than a circular cake that is also 8 inches wide will yield.
Multiple-tiered cakes are good for feeding a big number of people since they provide far greater variety and flexibility in terms of the amount of servings you may serve.Tiers of varying sizes will result in a variety of serving sizes, which you will need to take into consideration when designing your cake design.Example: A four tiered cake in a common form and size, such as tiers that are 10 inches high, 8 inches wide, 6 inches high, and 4-inches high, can typically feed around 75 people.A four-tiered cake in a less-than-standard size with higher tiers, on the other hand, may serve far more people.While selecting the appropriate size for a tiered cake is frequently determined primarily by the number of servings required, other considerations may also be taken into consideration.
- The design of the product may have an impact on your selection.
- For example, if you want to add more embellishments to your cake, you may need to leave additional space between each tier.
- Alternatively, the customer may want a cake that is far bigger than the amount of servings required; in this situation, you might supply ‘dummy’ tiers in order to avoid wasting any cake.
Overall, the most important considerations to bear in mind while constructing the appropriate size cake are planning and precision.When determining the layer sizes, keep in mind the amount of people that will be attending.Also, find out ahead of time how and when you or your client will be serving the cake, as well as the size portions that will be required, to ensure that you have enough cake to serve everyone.Precision in cutting also aids in the creation of even cake portions, ensuring that everyone at the gathering gets a taste of your wonderful creation.Check out our cake serving guide below for additional information on how to determine what size cake to buy: The company name is 2022 Rosalind Miller Cakes ltd.Company number is 08422764 |
- VAT number is 111677529 |
- website designed and developed by CRD LTD.
How Many People Will a 12 inch Round Cake Serve
Whatever the event or the purpose for the gathering, a round cake will always be a welcome addition.The question is, how many people can a 12-inch round cake accommodate.It all depends on the cut of meat and how generously the portions are distributed.A 12-inch circular cake, on the other hand, will normally feed 40 people.Hello!
- My name is Michelle, and I am without a doubt the one that everyone turns to when they want a cake for a special occasion.
- Whatever the project, whether it’s a custom order or something I’m doing for a family member or friend, I need to know how larg