Your muffin top didn’t appear overnight, so you shouldn’t expect to lose it immediately. To gain that weight, you likely ate more calories than your body burned for a few months or a few years. To lose the belly, you’ll have to create a caloric deficit, meaning you take in fewer calories than you burn each day.
Muffin top how to lose it. This unsightly band of fat around the waist is hard to get rid of. It’s especially common around menopause. By lowering stress and carbs, avoiding processed foods, sodas, sugars and reducing alcohol you can start to successfully shrink your muffin top within 4 weeks.
Does a muffin top ever go away?
“It is definitely possible to lose the muffin top,” Robles says. “However, it is not an overnight fix.” It isn’t possible to spot-reduce fat from specific problem areas. But as you lose overall body fat, you’ll see your midsection shrink.
Why is it so hard to lose my muffin top?
“Muffin top,” or excess fat around the midsection, is one of the most difficult areas on the body to sculpt into shape. Diet, exercise, sleep, and stress can all impact belly fat, making it particularly stubborn and hard to get rid of.
Why am I skinny but have a muffin top?
There are a few reasons that you may experience this condition: You’re committed to cardio workouts, but don’t do resistance training. You have a poor diet, despite your amazing metabolism that keeps you skinny. Everyone’s favorite reason – genetics.
How can I lose my muffin top in 2 weeks?
Six ways to beat your muffin top in just two weeks
- Drink more water.
- Do some core workouts.
- Monitor your portions.
- Realise that stress is affecting your weight – and make relaxation a priority.
- Consume fat-burners like green tea and avocado.
- Ditch the sugar.
Are muffin tops normal?
“Any woman can get a muffin top. But women are more likely to gain excess belly weight — especially deep inside the belly — as they go through perimenopause and into menopause when their menstrual cycle ends.
What foods get rid of muffin tops?
Eliminate that muffin top with these foods.
Melt away fat with these foods, and let us know your favorite combinations in the comments.
- Eggs. They truly are incredible!
- Green Tea.
How long does it take to lose love handles?
You shouldn’t have to wait too long for results, Nasser says. If you eat a healthy, low-fat diet, burn more calories than you take in, and enjoy a good mix of cardio and ab workout time, you’ll watch your love handles start to melt away within a few weeks.
Are muffin tops genetic?
Having a beer belly or muffin top could be down to your genes, a new study finds. Whether you’ve got more junk on the trunk or a little bit of jiggle round the middle, where you store fat is determined by your genes.
Does tummy tuck get rid of muffin top?
Cosmetic procedures such as tummy tucks and liposuction can remove unwanted fat and enhance your shape. At Best Impression Med Spa, board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Robert Mirabile and Dr. Vivian Hsu are happy to offer two solutions for eliminating your muffin top: tummy tucks or liposuction.
How Long Does it Take to Get Rid of Muffin-Top Fat?
- A tall, slim woman is taking her waist measurement.
- Source: anopdesignstock/iStock/Getty Images; image credit: You may either continue to leave the top button of your pants undone and wear loose shirts, or you can take action to reduce stomach fat.
- If you’re serious about losing weight, make a commitment to reducing your calorie consumption while increasing your physical activity.
- The length of time it takes you to lose weight and slim down your waistline is dependent on a variety of circumstances, but if you stick with it, you’ll be rewarded with a flatter stomach.
Banishing Belly Fat
- Because your muffin top didn’t emerge overnight, you shouldn’t expect it to go overnight either.
- For a few months or a few years, you most certainly consumed more calories than your body could burn, resulting in the weight increase.
- It will be necessary to generate a caloric deficit, which means that you will need to consume less calories than you burn each day, in order to lose weight.
- When you do this, your body will turn to its fat reserves for energy, resulting in the loss of weight.
- The amount of weight you lose is determined by how large a calorie deficit you produce.
- Keep in mind that you will lose weight from all over your body, with part of that weight eventually coming off your midriff.
Safe Weight Loss
- Keep holding your horses if you’re considering embarking on a starvation diet and spending all day at the gym in the hopes of eliminating your muffin top by the end of next week.
- It is critical to reduce weight gradually since quick weight reduction might result in adverse health consequences.
- If you restrict your calorie intake too much, you may not be able to consume enough food to provide your body with the vital nutrients it requires.
- If you consume insufficient calories, you may experience weariness and depression.
- In general, you should not restrict your caloric intake to less than 1,200 calories per day.
How Much is Enough?
- A conventional rule of thumb is that 1 pound of fat is equal to 3,500 calories, which is about correct.
- In other words, if you create a caloric deficit of 500 to 1,000 calories each day, you may expect to lose around 1 to 2 pounds every week.
- Keeping in mind the 1,200-calorie minimum, figure out how much you’re presently eating by keeping track of your calories for a week.
- Then calculate the maximum amount by which you may lower your consumption in order to lose weight safely.
- If your magic number is 800, you may expect to shed a pound of fat every four to five days if you follow the recommended diet.
Tips for Weight Loss
- The first step toward losing belly fat is to become more physically active, ideally by engaging in 30 to 60 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise every day.
- According to a study conducted by experts at Duke University, excessive physical activity can result in a considerable reduction in abdominal fat in a short period of time.
- As part of your program, including some form of strength exercise.
- Compared to women who did not exercise, a research conducted by the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine discovered that resistance training dramatically decreased belly fat growth in premenopausal women.
- It’s also important to pay attention to your food.
- Practice portion control and eat complex carbs, such as healthy grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean protein to keep your weight under control.
- Simple carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, and rice, as well as sugary sweets and drinks, should be avoided.
What Is a ″Muffin Top″ and How Do I Get Rid of It?
- There’s a good chance you’ve heard someone moan about their ″muffin top″ at some point.
- Unfortunately, they aren’t referring to the perfectly-crusty top of a blueberry muffin or a pumpkin muffin here.
- Instead, it’s more probable that the ″muffin top″ in issue refers to a frequent problem region around the stomach, which includes what many people refer to as ″love handles.″ This article will explain what creates this persistent abdominal fat and what you can do to avoid it.
What Is a Muffin Top?
- It is common terminology to refer to an accumulation of fat around the stomach, just above the hips, as a ″muffin top.″ The additional fat may pour out over the waistband of tight-fitting jeans — ″exactly like a muffin above the paper cup,″ notes Robert Ziltzer, M.D., FACP, FAAP, obesity medicine physician and writer of ″Chasing Diets,″ who describes how this happens.
- According to Ziltzer, there are two forms of belly fat that might contribute to a muffin top: subcutaneous fat (the soft, pinchable fat immediately below the skin) and visceral fat (the fat that is stored deep inside the abdominal cavity) (a deeper layer of fat that surrounds the abdominal organs).
What Causes a Muffin Top?
A number of factors can increase the likelihood of developing a bulge in the belly, including:
- ″Muffin tops″ are manufactured in the same way as genuine muffins are produced in the kitchen.
- Making a habit of eating too many calories every day can lead to fat storage around the midsection, so make sure you are burning more calories than you are consuming, advises Brittany Noel Robles, M.D., M.P.H, CPT, an OBGYN and NASM-certified personal trainer.
- ″If you are eating too many calories every day, it can lead to fat storage around the midsection,″ she says.
According to Ziltzer, your genetics impact how and where you retain fat. While you have no control over your genes, exercise and a balanced diet can assist you in losing weight.
- Anxiety, anxiety, and despair can all contribute to the development of stomach rolls.
- According to Abby Nouis, an ACSM-certified personal trainer and facility director at QuickHIT Fitness in Madison, WI.
- ″Stress causes the production of cortisol in your body, which instructs your body to hang on to that fat, particularly around your waist,″ she explains.
- Stress can also lead to binge eating, which can contribute to weight gain in the long run.
Lack of exercise
If you aren’t burning off as many calories as you consume, those additional calories will almost certainly end up in your midsection. Whether you favor high-intensity interval training (HIIT), barre, dance, or boxing, make sure you’re getting your body moving every day.
Not enough sleep
- According to recent research, a shorter sleep duration is connected with a higher body mass index, a larger waist circumference, and more subcutaneous fat accumulation.
- The lack of sleep has an impact on your hunger, desires, and mood, according to Nouis, and it can also impair your drive to exercise, she adds.
- Relaxing with meditation or stretching before bed might assist you in getting a good night’s sleep.
Can I Lose My Muffin Top?
- Yes, but it will take time and effort on your part as well.
- The muffin top can be lost, according to Robles, who believes it is doable.
- ″However, it is not a solution that can be implemented immediately.″ It is not viable to target fat reduction in specific problem regions of the body.
- However, when you decrease total body fat, you’ll see a reduction in the size of your stomach.
- As a result, Robles believes that the most effective weight-loss strategy is a multi-channel approach that targets the controllable contributing elements, such as nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress reduction.
- Preserving a balanced diet and getting the right amount of calories is essential.
- Nouis advocates eating a variety of nutrient-dense vegetables, such as broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, spinach, and cauliflower, in addition to a sufficient amount of protein.
- Last but not least, remember to take care of yourself.
Healthy stress management techniques can help you lower cortisol levels in your body and sleep better at night, both of which can help you avoid gaining weight and losing your waistline (or muffin top).
How to Get Rid of Your Muffin Top
- Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded Muffin top, or extra fat around the waist, is one of the most challenging parts of the body to tone and contour to a more youthful appearance.
- Diet, exercise, sleep, and stress may all have an affect on belly fat, which can make it particularly stubborn and difficult to lose.
- It is possible to reduce your body fat percentage and effectively lose your muffin top by following an exercise plan, making dietary changes, and adopting better living choices, despite the fact that it might be difficult.
- 1 Engage in physical activity at least three times each week.
- When it comes to getting rid of your muffin top and shedding excess body fat, consistency is essential to success.
- No matter what workout program you choose, make sure you can commit to doing it at least three times a week to ensure that you’re getting enough movement to lose belly fat and lose weight.
- The length of time required can vary based on your unique body type and goals; nevertheless, you should expect to spend around 30 to 60 minutes every session.
- 2 Alter the intensity and duration of your exercises to prevent reaching a plateau. Belly fat is notoriously tough to get rid of since it is so persistent. Therefore, it is critical that you alter your training program in order to prevent reaching a plateau in your growth. A particular workout will become less effective as your muscles become acclimated to it over time as they become accustomed to it. Change vary your workout routine to maintain using a greater variety of muscle groups and, as a result, burning more calories. Changing up your training routine might also help you avoid exercise monotony and stay motivated.
- In the same way, if you go to a yoga class one day and a high-intensity interval training class the next, try to arrange a different activity for the next day, such as a strength training session at the gym. While it is possible to repeat the same workout twice in a row, aim to vary your routine at least twice each week to avoid boredom.
- Promotional material
- 3 High-intensity aerobic intervals should be the primary focus. Make the most of your workout by including multiple brief bursts of high intensity cardio, each lasting around 20 seconds to 1 minute, throughout your session. Walking and jogging are excellent low-impact exercises that can help you lose weight and reduce your body fat percentage. However, shorter, higher-intensity cardio sessions are more effective in reducing belly fat. High-intensity interval training sessions (HIIT) and sprint intervals (a type of interval training) are both excellent strategies to burn fat and calories in a short amount of time.
- On the treadmill, you may construct your own high-intensity cardio program by alternating sprints and rest intervals.
- 4 Total body strength training should be incorporated into your fitness regimen. Not only will you need to reduce your total body fat percentage, but you’ll also need to reduce the amount of fat stored in your stomach in order to lose your muffin top. Consequently, it is critical that you integrate entire body strength training into your overall training program. The use of exercises that engage your entire body helps you gain lean muscle mass, which allows you to burn more calories throughout the day and reduces the amount of fat deposited in your stomach area. If you want a strength workout that targets practically all of your core muscles as well as your legs and arms, try doing dumbbell squats with a rotating shoulder press.
- Another terrific complete body strength workout that can help you burn fat and shape your core is medicine ball throws combined with core rotation.
- Dumbbell dead lifts are yet another excellent total-body workout that may help you burn fat while also strengthening your core.
- 5 Perform abdominal-strengthening exercises to help contour your stomach. While concentrating alone on abdominal workouts will not result in the loss of your muffin top, doing some focused abdominal exercises in conjunction with your cardio and complete body program might be beneficial. In addition to complete body workouts, ab-specific exercises such as the oblique sit up can help you lose your muffin top by shaping your abdominal muscles. The plank stance, for example, may be modified to engage your whole core while also helping to sculpt your middle. Plank jumping jacks, side planks, leg pull-ins, and mountain climbers are all excellent abdominal workouts that can provide some cardiovascular benefit.
- The oblique muscles are targeted by both standing twists and side bends, which helps to reduce the amount of fat that hangs over your abdomen and causes the muffin top look.
- 6 Make an effort to get out and walk more frequently. Walking, in combination to high-intensity aerobic and weight training, is an excellent strategy to reduce abdominal fat. The amount of time you spend walking can make a significant impact in the size of your muffin top over time, even if it does not generate effects as fast or effectively as other types of exercise. When you first wake up in the morning, take a walk around the block. You won’t have time to overthink things and talk yourself out of it that way.
- Walking locations where you would normally drive or parking further away from the entrance might encourage you to walk more often. More steps each day will be taken without your knowledge
- you will not even realize you are doing it.
- 7 Yoga might assist you in losing weight by decreasing your overall body fat. While yoga is a very easy kind of exercise, it has been shown to be quite efficient for reducing total body fat, which includes fat deposited in the abdominal area, according to research. As a stress-relieving exercise, yoga can help you lose weight by lowering your cortisol levels and getting rid of your muffin top. If you’re seeking to lose weight and get rid of your muffin top, vinyasa and power yoga are excellent possibilities. Both of these styles of yoga keep you moving on a constant basis, which helps you burn more calories and lose more body fat overall.
- Yoga may also help you sleep better and reduce stress, both of which can aid in the reduction of stubborn body fat.
ADVERTISEMENT Test Your Gut Health with Viome
- 1 Consume enough of lean proteins. If you’re attempting to lose belly fat, lean proteins such as chicken and fish are really necessary. Healthy, high-quality lean proteins assist to balance your blood sugar levels and full you up, preventing you from experiencing the temptation to munch on junk food later on. Eating enough of lean proteins will also help manage your insulin and cortisol levels, both of which can assist you in losing weight and getting rid of that muffin top.
- Wild salmon is an especially rich source of lean protein, and it also includes omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to help reduce belly fat.
- Eggs are also a fantastic source of lean protein because they contain only a few calories per serving. Eggs are also quite affordable, making them an excellent choice for anyone looking to lose belly fat on a tight budget.
- 2 Increase the amount of good fiber in your diet to improve your health. Eating extra fiber, along with lean proteins, is vital for losing weight and getting rid of your muffin top. Fibrous meals make you feel full and satisfied for a longer period of time, reducing your urge to snack and your calorie consumption in the process. Apples, bananas, raspberries, pears, and strawberries are all high-fiber foods that can help you feel fuller for longer periods of time while also combating belly fat.
- Fiber-dense vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, turnip greens, and green peas are readily available in most grocery stores.
- 3 Increase the amount of healthy fats in your diet.
- In spite of the fact that increasing your fat consumption may seem counter-intuitive, good unsaturated fats might actually help you lose belly fat rather than adding to it.
- The monounsaturated fats found in avocados, olive oil, raw almonds, and seafood can help you feel fuller for longer while also providing you with more energy and preventing you from gaining unnecessary body fat.
- In contrast to unsaturated fats, which can help to reduce belly fat, saturated and trans fats, such as those found in processed cheese, can actually increase belly fat and make it more difficult to lose weight in the long run.
- 4 Avoid ingesting excessive amounts of refined sugar. Among the most significant factors to the growth of your muffin top is most likely sugar. Foods that are heavy in processed sugar tend to be high in calories, which makes it harder to burn off all of the excess calories consumed. It is also possible that processed sugar will become addictive, causing you to overindulge and therefore increasing the amount of fat deposited in your abdomen. To lose your muffin top, it’s critical that you avoid overindulging in sugary foods and instead focus on consuming a variety of nutritious alternatives to this sweet treat. While it is vital to reduce your intake of sugar, you do not have to completely eliminate it in order to lose your muffin top. Try to consume sugar only on rare occasions, and when you do, make sure to consume it in moderation.
- When you’re desiring something sweet, consider eating fruit instead of anything that has been treated with refined sugar. However, while fruits contain a lot of sugar, the natural sugar present in fruits has a far lower likelihood of contributing to belly obesity
- 5 Limit your intake of refined carbs and sugar. Avoid consuming highly processed carbs such as white bread, pastries, cookies, cake, white rice, and potato goods in order to lose weight and get rid of your muffin top faster. While eating some nutritious carbs can help you fuel your body for exercises, eating processed carbohydrates can raise your insulin levels, which can lead to an increase or maintenance of the amount of fat deposited in your abdomen. Insulin is responsible for keeping fat where it is currently stored. As a result, if you have a muffin top, raising your insulin levels can help you maintain your current belly fat.
- Consume nutritious, whole grain carbs such as quinoa and oats instead of refined carbohydrates.
- 6 Consume nutritious meals on a regular basis to maintain your metabolism running smoothly. Skipping meals can cause your cortisol levels to rise, which can lead to an increase in belly fat. Because of this, it is critical that you make an effort to eat on a regular basis in order to assist control your body’s stress hormones. It will also help you avoid overeating and nibbling late at night if you consume nutritious snacks and regular meals.
- Eating on a regular basis also helps to keep your metabolism running smoothly, which is vital for losing that muffin top.
- 1 Find activities that will allow you to relax and unwind.
- Stress has a significant role in the development of abdominal fat.
- Cortisol levels can rise dramatically when you are stressed, which can contribute to an increase in fat accumulation in your stomach.
- Make time for things that will allow you to relax in order to prevent this situation.
- Reading, playing an instrument, or visiting the golf course, to name a few stress-relieving hobbies, are all excellent choices.
- 2 Make sure you get enough sleep so that you can stay motivated and on track. You may significantly improve your capacity to lose abdominal fat by getting enough of sleep. It’s probable that if you don’t get enough sleep, you’ll have a more difficult time maintaining control over your food, cravings, mood, and motivation. Get enough sleep so you have the stamina to stay motivated and follow your food and exercise plan, which will help you to lose weight and get rid of your muffin top. A good night’s sleep also helps to keep your cortisol levels down, which aids in the fight against belly fat by assisting your body in stress management
- sleeping also helps to reduce late-night munching, which may derail your progress and contribute to muffin top
- and doing adequate exercise.
- 3Don’t rely on the scale to measure your progress. When you add muscle mass and lose belly fat, the number on the scale may stay the same or even increase. Instead of relying on your weight to track your progress, take time to assess how you feel and how your clothes fit. This will be a much more accurate indicator of whether your muffin top is shrinking or not.
- Talk to a healthcare professional to create a healthier lifestyle plan. While losing belly fat can make you feel better and help your clothes fit better, it can also play a big role in improving your health. Having excess belly fat can increase your risk of diabetes and heart disease. Therefore, if you have excess belly fat and are worried about your health, talk to your family doctor or a nutritionist about creating a diet and exercise plan specifically tailored to your needs, medical history, and lifestyle. Advertisement
- Question Add a new question Question What is the best way to target the fat around my hips?
- In addition to being a Personal Trainer and Strength Coach, Steve Bergeron is also the Co-Owner of AMP Fitness in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Steve has more than a decade of experience in the fitness industry and focuses in educating, mentoring, and inspiring his clients to create healthy habits and achieve their particular fitness goals via exercise and nutrition.
- As well as holding a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology, he is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS), an ASCM Health and Fitness Specialist (HFS), a Strong First Kettlebell Coach (SFG), and a Certified Functional Movement Screen Specialist (CFMS) (FMS).
- The objective of AMP Fitness is to build a community that is welcoming and provides people with the tools and support they need to be successful.
- Expert Response from a Personal Trainer and Strength Coach Unfortunately, when it comes to fat loss, focusing on certain regions of your body for fat loss is a misconception that should be avoided.
- To observe a reduction in fat around your hips, you’ll need fat throughout your body.
- The majority of your development will be made in the kitchen, through your diet.
The use of workouts that target the stomach area in your program may be quite useful if you are trying to increase muscular tone in that area.Exercises for the core can surely aid with muscle tone, but you won’t be able to notice the tone unless you also pay attention to your nutrition and lose weight over time.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
About This Article
- Summary of the ArticleX Because belly fat is difficult to remove, getting rid of your muffin top may seem impossible at first.
- However, by exercising frequently and eating healthfully, you may achieve success!
- Make an effort to exercise at least three times a week for 30 to 60 minutes at a time, depending on your physical condition.
- You should also vary your training routines to ensure that you are working more muscles, which will aid in fat burning.
- For example, you may try running for one session and then doing some weight training the following time you go to the gym.
- Consume lots of lean proteins, such as fish and chicken, in addition to your regular workout regimen.
- Lean proteins help you feel fuller for longer periods of time, making it less likely that you’ll go for harmful snacks.
- It’s also vital to reduce calorie intake, so pick low-calorie foods that are high in fiber, such as apples, broccoli, and spinach, to help you achieve your goal.
Continue reading for helpful hints on how to make your fitness routines more successful.Did you find this overview to be helpful?The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 927,829 times.
Why Do I Have a “Muffin Top” if I’m Thin?
- The dreaded ″muffin top,″ how we fear it. In spite of the fact that many women in The Woodlands are trim and trimmer, they still carry some unsightly weight in their belly that simply will not go away with diet and exercise alone. When you put on your favorite pair of tiny jeans and a pretty, tight top, you’ll appear to be flabby, despite the fact that you’re truly slim and have a healthy body mass index. It’s just not fair, to put it mildly. It is possible to develop this illness for a variety of causes, including: Despite your determination, you just perform aerobic workouts and no weight training.
- Despite your incredible metabolism, which allows you to maintain your slim figure, you have a bad diet.
- Genetics is the most popular reason given by everyone.
Even women in The Woodlands who exercise regularly and eat healthfully might develop ″muffin tops″ as a result of these hereditary inclinations. If this is the case for you, a tummy tuck can remove that muffin top from your abdomen and give you the flat stomach you’ve always wanted.
All About Tummy Tucks
- A tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgery technique that is aimed to remove loose, extra skin from the abdomen and to sew together divided abdominal muscles that have been separated (which is a common pregnancy complication).
- While most procedures are performed after a woman has lost a large amount of weight, there are rare circumstances in which The Woodlands patients have always been thin but have some flabby skin in their belly that requires a procedure.
- In this particular instance, a belly tuck is recommended.
What is the Tummy Tuck Experience Like?
- If you decide to get a stomach tuck with Dr.
- Myers, you will need to fast for at least 12 hours prior to your operation.
- This is due to the fact that you will be placed under general anesthetic for your procedure, and a full stomach and general anesthesia do not mix well together.
- After being summoned back to the prep room, where you will be prepared by a team of medical specialists, you will be wheeled into the operating room, where you will be put to sleep by an anesthesiologist prior to your surgery taking place.
- Once you’re unconscious, Dr.
- Myers does his miracle by creating a hip-to-hip incision to remove excess belly skin and tighten up your abdomen while you’re still asleep.
- In a recovery room, your vital signs will be monitored by medical professionals until you are able to return home.
- An outpatient operation, a stomach tuck allows you to return home the same day of your surgery.
One restriction is that you will need to arrange for a transport home since the heavy general anesthetic you had during your operation makes it risky for you to drive yourself back to your hotel.
Contact our Practice in The Woodlands for an Appointment
- If you’re in good shape but have struggled to get rid of extra abdominal skin, a stomach tuck may be the best option for your situation.
- In a swimming suit or bikini, it will minimize the ″muffin top,″ erase the flabby appearing skin that may be visible beneath tight shirts, and make you look fantastic.
- If you believe that your ″muffin top″ is not caused by your exercise, food, or lifestyle choices, but rather by your genetics, schedule a consultation with Dr.
- Meyers for a first stomach tuck examination.
- He will confer with you to confirm that the procedure is appropriate for you, as well as convey his expectations for your results based on your specific circumstances.
- Please contact (936) 539-8115 to make an appointment.
- Individual outcomes may differ.
- Please see your doctor for further information.
Six ways to beat your muffin top in two weeks
- These suggestions may be able to assist you in losing a little amount of excess weight before Christmas Day arrives.
- Image courtesy of Getty Images The holiday season is well and truly upon us, and for many of us, this is the ideal time to shed our muffin tops in order to slip into our bathing suits and to the beach for the weekend.
- However, for many of us, it is time to crack open a cold one, eat grilled cuisine every weekend, and hope that someone will offer us another slice of toasted sourdough bread on Christmas Day!
- While this annual bout of excess tastes fantastic and feels great to let free while on vacation, it can also leave some people feeling anxious and fearful about the future.
- Some people experience a conflict of conscience when they choose to avoid going to the gym in favor of a relaxing weekend in the sun.
- Then, as the New Year approaches, there is a stampede of individuals signing up for gym memberships, with ‘conquer the bulge’ high on their list of new year’s objectives.
- It’s vital to remember that a couple of weeks of holiday delights and leisure are not the end of the world, and we shouldn’t be too hard on ourselves for having indulged in such indulgences.
- However, there are certain things we can do to maintain our bodies healthy in the lead-up to the season, so that we feel joyful, fit, and in balance during the season.
The Daily Mail interviewed nutritionist and personal trainer Julian Gaine of the UK-based start-up MealKitt, who gave his top advice for losing weight and getting rid of that muffin top just in time for the holidays.
1. Drink more water
- We all know how much water is good for you, especially when it comes to weight reduction.
- But perhaps you aren’t getting enough information about how good water is for you.
- Water consumption reduces snacking, which is beneficial when attempting to lose weight because snacks are often heavy in empty calories and sugar.
- This is especially true for those aiming to lose weight around the stomach area, which is the first location sugar enters the body.
- Water also helps to wash out any junk from our cells, which may aid in the burning of fat and the speeding up of our metabolisms, so serving as yet another means of aiding in the loss of extra weight.
2. Do some core workouts
- When it comes to getting rid of your muffin top, you should concentrate on core exercises such as abdominal crunches, oblique twists, and leg lifts, among others.
- It is important to maintain the strength of your core muscles since it will not only assist you in achieving that washboard stomach you’ve been longing for, but it will also improve your posture and provide you with more strength when performing other workouts such as jogging and walking.
3. Monitor your portions
- One of the first things you should do is keep track of how much food you are eating at each meal.
- It is common for people to pour out their morning bowl of ‘healthy’ Granola without realizing that they are about to absorb half of their daily calorie intake without even realizing it.
- If you truly want to get rid of that muffin top as quickly as possible, consider adopting portion control equipment.
- Food preparation and portion control continue to be two of the most important reasons why we battle with weight management, as do our increasingly busy lives, which make it difficult to find the time to cook balanced and nutritious meals on a regular basis.
4. Realise that stress is affecting your weight – and make relaxation a priority
- When focusing on your stomach area, it is critical to keep an eye on your stress levels, since elevated stress levels have been known to cause weight gain around the midsection.
- This is mostly due to the development of higher cortisol levels in the body, which causes fat to be removed from other regions of the body and deposited around the stomach.
- To avoid this, you should strive to de-stress in a conscious manner.
- Of course, this is difficult to do in the run-up to the holiday season when you’re trying to get everything ready for the big event, but you must make an effort to de-stress and take some time out for yourself.
5. Consume fat-burners like green tea and avocado
- When attempting to target certain regions of your body, it is quite simple to become preoccupied with all of the things that you are unable to consume.
- There are a variety of meals that you should include on your plate in order to help you lose belly fat and get rid of the dreaded muffin top before the holiday season.
- You must plan your meals around items that help you lose weight by melting fat, such as avocado, almonds, green tea, yoghurt, berries, and plain water.
- Despite the fact that some of these foods are heavy in fat, they are also high in healthy fats, which can aid in weight loss when consumed in moderation since they assist you to feel filled for a longer period of time.
6. Ditch the sugar
- One of the most effective strategies to lose that muffin top is to eliminate sweets from your diet completely.
- Due to the fact that sugar may be present in practically all processed meals, we must be especially cautious when consuming them in large quantities.
- Unfortunately, this means that you will no longer be able to have that additional spoonful of sugar in your tea, as well as sugary treats such as chocolates and biscuits.
- It is possible to gain significant weight with a high-sugar diet, particularly around the stomach area, since sugar is turned into glucose and pumped into our bloodstream, where it is stored in our livers, with any residual reserves traveling directly to the muffin top area.
Stop obsessing over your muffin top
- Column Melissa Martin contributed to this article.
- Yes, it happens to the best of us from time to time.
- The muffin top is a common side effect of growing older.
- Squishy and squeezy is the term used to describe this jiggly portion of the stomach.
- In certain circles, belly fat is referred to as ″waistline flab″ or ″roly-poly guacamole.″ Tight pants draw attention to your belly roll.
- Shirts that hug the body draw attention to the bulging pouch.
- The spare tire in the middle of the vehicle receives a lot of criticism.
- ″A muffin top is something that any lady may get.
Women, on the other hand, are more prone to accumulate excess belly weight — particularly deep inside the belly — as they progress through perimenopause and into menopause, which occurs when their menstrual cycle comes to a stop.In fact, according to a recent article on WebMD, ″when estrogen levels decline, body fat is transferred from the hips, thighs, and buttocks (where it was formerly kept as a fuel reserve for nursing) to the belly.″ For the elderly, melting the muffin top is a difficult task.In our senior years, our metabolism slows down, and our bones, muscles, and joints begin to complain about it.
- Forget about the newest pathetic fad diet.
- Forget about the bogus promises made by diet supplement companies.
- Forget about pills and concoctions.
- Yes, we may concentrate on our stomach health without being preoccupied with our belly bulge, as long as we maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- ″The fat on my tummy protects my important organs,″ says one of my favorite mantras.
- ″I will respect my stomach fat while striving to make it more nutritious.″ Muffin Top: A Love Story is an award-winning film about a lady whose husband departs her in favor of a slimmer woman who becomes the subject of the film.
- It’s a body-image romance comedy from 2014 about learning to accept your muffin top tummy.
- It’s also belly-laugh-inducingly amusing.
- Visit www.muffintopmovie.com to see the trailer.
″Body image may be influenced over time by media exposure, which sends a message about what it means to have an ideal body form, size, and weight.Individuals may feel under pressure to achieve the slender, beautiful ideal that is presented in the media as a result of this exposure.For women, this ideal is often comprised of being thin and beautiful, but for males, the ideal is typically comprised of being tall, lean, muscular, and manly in appearance and build.It is normal for people to begin to compare themselves to these unrealistic goals and come to the conclusion that they fall short of their expectations.
When an individual feels a strong drive to live up to this standard of beauty and body image, or when an individual internalizes this standard of beauty and body image, negative body image, or body dissatisfaction may occur.″Body image concerns can vary from modest dissatisfaction or low self-esteem to depression or anxiety,″ according to the CDC.www.mirror-mirror.org.
Is there anyone who has ever said, ″I wish I’d worked more on my muffin top″ at the end of their life?No.So put an end to your preoccupation with your jelly-belly.
- Put an end to your nasty comments directed at your ouch-pouch.
- Yoga trousers and a long shirt might do a good job of concealing the wiggle-jiggle region.
- It’s time to update your clothing in preparation for a midsection makeover.
- What is the number one adversary of a muffin top?
- A pair of low-rider jeans and a tank top that fits snugly.
- Remove your too-tight pants from your closet.
Being able to move freely in your clothes is fashionable.In addition, polyester stretch pants are fantastic.Alternatively, you may strut your jelly-belly with pride.Keep your shoulders back and your head up.Furthermore, I challenge those anorexic supermodels to make fun of females who own dogs.Hold on a minute.
It’s important to understand the many forms of abdominal fat that exist.However, do not disparage what is located below the belly button.
Subcutaneous Fat versus Visceral Fat
- In addition to being visually unappealing, subcutaneous fat that manifests as ″love handles″ or padding on the thigh, buttock, or upper arm may also be harmful.
- According to a 2017 article in The New York Times, ″deeper belly fat, often known as visceral fat, is metabolically active and has been closely linked to a variety of major disease risks, including heart disease, cancer, and dementia.″ As a result, consult with your doctor whenever necessary.
- When you’re out and about, what kind of muffin top do you carry?
- These are wise remarks.
- A flat stomach does not imply contentment.
- Six-pack abs do not equate to contentment.
- A flat stomach does not imply contentment.
- A beefcake belly is not the elixir of eternal happiness.
The answer to having a happy life is not having a washboard waist.″I have belly fat, just like everyone else, and I don’t want to be airbrushed off the front of a magazine,″ says the author.Amanda Seyfried is a famous actress.
- Melissa Martin, Ph.D., is an author, columnist, educator, and psychotherapist who lives in New York City.
- She resides in the state of Ohio.
- Please follow and like us on Facebook:
27 Best Foods to Lose Your Muffin Top
- With these meals, you can get rid of that muffin top.
- When you initially started thinking about losing weight, the first thing that probably sprang to mind was all of the items that you shouldn’t be eating anymore.
- This is a vital consideration, but it may also have a negative impact on the rest of your trip.
- Why not start out on a more positive note by thinking about all of the delicious meals that you have access to?
- With a basic and succinct approach, this article identifies 27 of the greatest foods to eliminate your muffin top and offers links to cooking ideas and further resources.
- We must remember that every person is unique in their physical characteristics.
- As a result, this list includes some of the most often used compounds that have been shown to assist in fat reduction.
- Try a combination of these items until you find meals that are both healthy and convenient for your lifestyle and body type.
The most effective strategy to lose weight is to combine a healthy diet with a regular exercise schedule.Encourage yourself to complete a fitness challenge while you are planning your meals so that you can see genuine improvements.Surprise yourself with how much you can achieve with the appropriate diet and workout plan!
- Melt fat away with these foods, and do share your favorite combos with us in the comments section below.
They are really fantastic! Because whole eggs provide complete proteins, they are suitable for use in any meal.
2. Green Tea
Instead of a mid-afternoon snack, go for a cup of green tea. It’s packed with nutrients and fat-burning components that will help you lose weight while also satisfying your appetite and boosting your immune system.
These little delicacies are a fantastic source of heart-healthy lipids. In order to gain lean muscle mass, they are an excellent complement to your diet.
Delightfully flavorful, conveniently packaged, and packed with fat-burning benefits. Just have some almonds on hand for a snack, and you’ll be fine!
Fat-burning qualities are abundant in this tasty and handy dish. Keep almonds on hand for a quick snack, and you’ll be OK.
There’s a solid reason why eating a grapefruit for breakfast is such a well-known diet option! Grapefruit helps to keep your blood sugar levels stable while also working hard to burn any excess fat.
You can’t go wrong with salmon because there are so many different ways to prepare this healthy seafood.
Make your water more filling by adding a squeeze of lemon. Taking it at night will ensure that you awake refreshed and ready to take on the day!
9. Leafy Veggies (spinach, kale, etc.)
Besides the fact that they are filling, they are also rich in iron and other other minerals. Pages: 1, 2, and 3. It is possible that this content contains affiliate links.
According to the SkinnyMs. team, all people — regardless of age, weight, or fitness level — have the ability to alter their life – they just need the right resources. Healthy living is promoted by the SkinnyMs. technique, which incorporates a mix of clean food and frequent exercise. We provide you with everything you require to be successful. Skinny has more to say.
Say Good-Bye to Your Love Handles – Fitness Center – Everyday Health
- Despite the fact that they’re referred to by cutesy terms such as muffin tops and love handles, no one like the roll of fat that protrudes from the waistband of their trousers and destroys the sleek line of exercise clothing, clinging sweater, and fitted shirts that they’ve spent a lot of money on.
- Certified personal trainer Jason Keigher CSCS, CPT, who works with clients in New York City, says that ″love handles″ are one of the most prevalent reasons individuals exercise and employ a personal trainer.
- It is frequently after a punishing abdominal workout including thousands of crunches that people seek the assistance of a fitness professional out of frustration.
- ″The majority of individuals believe that practicing crunches would help them lose their love handles, but this is incorrect,″ explains Keigher.
- When done correctly, crunches can help to tone muscles, however the difficulty is that love handles are devoid of any significant muscle.
- He explains that they are overweight, and that in order to lose weight, they must follow a balanced diet and participate in a tough cardiovascular program.
- In Sylvia Nasser’s experience as a certified personal trainer on Long Island, N.Y., she claims that if you work your body correctly, you will notice benefits.
- Continue reading to find out how to lose weight.
Getting Rid of Love Handles: Your Strategy
- The total strategy, according to Nasser, should include 30 to 45 minutes of cardio three to four times a week, strength training (including the exercises below) two to three times a week, and one day of rest per week to allow your body to develop muscle.
- In addition, she adds that a diversity of cardio activities will be the most successful – don’t limit yourself to only the elliptical or a few spinning sessions.
- Getting caught in a cardio regimen might result in a stagnation in performance.
- As an alternative, you should continue to challenge different muscle groups.
- She also believes that high-intensity interval training regimens are more effective at burning fat than exercising at a constant pace throughout your workout.
- Alternate two minutes at your normal pace with one minute at a quicker speed on the treadmill, for example.
- Your initial objectives will be to lose weight and cut down the excess fat on your body.
- Following that — or at the very least making substantial progress — you may begin to tone the muscles behind your love handles.
As you burn fat and raise your metabolism as a result of increasing your muscle mass, the excess padding will gradually disappear.Before you begin, Keigher offers a word of warning for ladies who may be suffering from diastasis recti, which is a midline split in the abdominal muscles around the bellybutton and is typically a post-pregnancy issue.Check with a doctor and a trainer to see if there are any options for correcting the diastasis, and then receive their approval before beginning this sort of abdominal training.
Ab Workout: Kiss Love Handles Goodbye
- Make the following five workouts a part of your plan to reduce waist and hip circumference: Keigher recommends the following exercise: ″Bicycle crunches will train your internal and external obliques, as well as your rectus abdominis,″ he explains. Place your hands behind your head without interlacing your fingers while lying on your back with your legs bent. Lifting your chin a little bit can help.
- Twist your left arm such that your left elbow points toward your right knee while extending your left leg
- Extend the opposite leg, rotating such that your right elbow goes toward your left knee
- pull one leg back in and the other out.
- Work your way up to three sets of 25 repetitions each.
- Secondly, stand with your feet about hip-width apart and perform standing trunk twists.
- Keep your hips and legs facing forward as you twist to the right, extending your left arm out to the right (as if you were punching someone).
- Attempt to twist in the other way (to the left), extending your right arm out in a left-handed punch.
- Attempt to complete 100 repetitions.
- 3. Twisting Legs While Lying Down Lie down on your back with your arms extended out to the sides and your hands flat on your yoga mat, and breathe in and out.
- Lift your legs and bend your knees so that your calves are parallel to the floor and your thighs make a 90-degree angle with your torso
- repeat on other side.
- Continue to lower both legs together to one side until your outer right thigh meets the ground on the right side, while keeping the 90-degree angle
- Bringing them back to the middle and then lowering them to the opposite side till your outside left thigh hits the ground
- Work your way up to three sets of 25 repetitions each.
- Nasser notes that side planks ″strengthen your core, both in the front and the back,″ as well as your shoulders and arms. Lie down on your right side with your elbow resting on the floor
- Extend your legs straight out in front of you, with your feet stacked. Ideally, the outside edge of your right foot should be on the ground.
- Maintain a straight line with your body by engaging your core (you can modify it by putting your right knee down on the floor if you need support). Hold for 20 to 30 seconds, or even longer if you have the ability
- Completely prostrate yourself on the floor and exchange sides
- Lift the upper leg and hold it up such that it does not come into contact with the bottom leg for an extra difficulty.
- Holding each side for about 30 seconds, perform four or five reps, increasing the number of reps as your strength grows.
- 5. Russian Twists while seated Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground
- Lie down with your arms out in front of you and your hands squeezed together
- Lean back about 45 degrees to have a better view. Twist your body to the left in a steady, controlled motion to finish. Return to the center of the room and twist to the right. A whole rep should take roughly 20 seconds, therefore that’s one rep completed in 20 seconds. Take a deep breath, and then repeat. Start with four to five reps and increase the number of reps as your strength increases.
- Lifting your feet off the floor while performing this exercise will provide an additional challenge.
According to Nasser, you shouldn’t have to wait for results for too long. Your love handles will begin to melt away within a few weeks if you eat a nutritious, low-fat diet, exercise regularly, and consume more calories than you burn. You should also incorporate cardio and abdominal workouts into your routine.
Your muffin top could be down to your genes
- According to a new study, having a beer belly or muffin top might be a result of your genetics.
- No matter if you have more stuff in the trunk or a little jiggle around the middle, the location of fat storage is influenced by your genetics and environment.
- Women’s bodies are more shaped by genetics than men’s bodies, with women accumulating fat in a variety of areas, including their arms, legs, and abdomen, among other places.
- The discoveries might pave the way for novel therapies in the fight against obesity in the United Kingdom, where one in every four persons is obese.
- Women and men tend to store fat in different places, according to Dr Mathias Rask-Andersen, a postdoctoral researcher at Uppsala University in Sweden.
- ″We know that women have the ability to more easily store fat on the hips and legs, whereas men have the ability to accumulate fat around the abdomen to a greater extent.″ According to some researchers, this is due to the actions of female sex hormones such as oestrogen.″ ″However, the molecular processes that regulate this occurrence are still largely a mystery.″ ″As a result of the increased risks of acquiring type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer, obesity is on track to overtake smoking as the world’s biggest avoidable risk factor for disease and premature death,″ he continued.
- Distinct compartments of adipose tissue in the human body are connected with various risks of developing cardiovascular and metabolic illness.″ It is also widely known that the distribution of body fat differs between males and females.
- The accumulation of adipose tissue around the viscera, or the internal organs of the body, is associated with an increased risk of disease in both men and women after puberty.
″After puberty, women accumulate fat in the trunk and limbs to a proportionally greater extent compared to other parts of the body, whereas men accumulate a greater extent of fat in the trunk.″ On the other hand, the preferential buildup of adipose tissue in the lower extremities, such as the hips and legs, has been proposed as a contributing cause to the reduced incidence of myocardial infarction and cardiovascular mortality found in women during middle age.″ Researchers assessed the distribution of fat in 362,499 volunteers who took part in the UK Biobank, a cohort study with more than half a million participants in the United Kingdom, for the study.Participants provided blood samples for genotyping, and an electric current was sent through their bodies in order to determine the distribution of adipose tissue that was resisting the current and therefore determining the genotype.Millions of genetic variations from all around the genome were evaluated for their connection with the distribution of fat in the arms, legs, and trunk as part of the study.
- It discovered 98 genes that influence the distribution of adipose tissue to the various compartments of the human body, including 29 genes that had not previously been connected with anthropometric features (such as height and weight).
- They also observed significant gene-to-sexe heterogeneity (difference), with the impacts of 37 linked variations being greater in women than in men, according to the findings.
- It appears that hereditary variables are more relevant in the distribution of women’s fat than previously considered, according to the study.
- Guys who are predisposed to storing more fat in their abdomen, resulting in a ‘beer belly,’ were shown to have much lower levels of genes determining fat deposition across the body than other men.
- According to Dr.
- Anna Johansson, associate senior lecturer at the University of Uppsala’s Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology, ″We were struck by the enormous number of genetic effects that were greater in females, or that were exclusively present in females.″ On closer inspection, it was discovered that some of the linked genes encode proteins that actively form the extracellular matrix, which is the supporting material that surrounds cells.″ Interestingly, the findings show that the genes responsible for the remodeling of structures such as proteins outside of the cell are one of the processes that govern the distribution of fat throughout the body.
- Fat that is accumulated in the trunk has previously been linked to an increased risk of developing illness.
- Because men have a greater quantity of abdominal fat than women, it is possible that this contributes to the higher prevalence of cardiovascular disease reported in men.
- In fact, some research suggests that women’s capacity to accumulate fat around their hips and legs may actually be a protective factor against cardiovascular disease.
Therefore, the present research may pave the way for the development of novel therapies to redistribute body fat and lower the risk of developing cardiovascular disease in the long term.Dr.Rask-Andersen said, ″The biological systems that we have highlighted in our study have the potential to be utilized as areas of intervention for novel medications that are targeted at changing the distribution of body fat and, as a result, lowering the likelihood of illness.″ The findings of the study were published in the journal Nature Communications.Ben Gelblum and Milly Vincent are the authors of this piece.
Tummy Tuck or Liposuction: Which Is the Better Solution for Your Muffin Top?: Best Impression Med Spa: Medical Spa
- The maternal pooch, the muffin top, the middle-aged spread, all of these things are real.
- Although these are all terms for extra belly fat, the fact remains that excess belly fat has a variety of negative effects on the body’s overall health.
- Extra abdominal fat not only makes it difficult to zip up a pair of slim pants, but it can also have a bad impact on your hormone levels, according to Harvard Health Publications.
- Losing weight is vital for a variety of reasons, both aesthetic and health-related.
- Diet and exercise are the cornerstones of fat reduction, but they are not the only tools at your disposal.
- Cosmetic operations such as stomach tucks and liposuction can help you get rid of excess fat and improve your overall appearance.
- Doctors Dr.
- Robert Mirabile and Dr.
Vivian Hsu, board-certified plastic surgeons at Best Impression Med Spa, are pleased to offer two options for getting rid of your muffin top.Tummy tucks and liposuction are two options available.Read on to learn more about the numerous advantages of cosmetic body sculpting and to discover your alternatives for reducing stubborn body fat.
Finding the right cosmetic treatment
- A stomach tuck (formally known as an abdominoplasty) and liposuction are both cosmetic procedures that are aimed to remove excess body fat from specific parts of the body with the use of suction. Both operations have the same end aim of improving your silhouette and slimming down your core, but the procedures are vastly different in terms of their approach and results. Tummy tuck: A surgical procedure that removes extra skin and fat from the abdomen while also strengthening the abdominal muscles.
- Liposuction is a treatment in which undesirable fat is suctioned out of the body.
You are not required to select either one or the other in this situation. The procedure can be combined with liposuction to produce even more dramatic effects if you decide on a stomach tuck.
A tummy tuck might be right for you if …
- Abdominoplasty, which is more invasive than liposuction, can give more benefits than simply removing fat from the abdomen. Dr. Mirabile or Dr. Hsu can remove extra skin from the abdomen during a stomach tuck procedure. It is even possible to strengthen the muscles in your abdominal region! Consider having a stomach tuck if you have lost a significant amount of weight and are experiencing excess skin
- you have weak abdominal muscles (which can be caused by pregnancy)
- or you have a large amount of loose