How to Make a Motorcycle Diaper Cake
- Gather What You’ll Need for a Motorcycle Diaper Cake
- Make the Wheels for the Motorcycle Diaper Cake. Place 24 diapers into the 8′ cake pan by fanning them against the edge of the pan.
- Assemble the Wheels.
- Tie the Wheels Together.
- Make the Seat.
Is it difficult to make a motorcycle diaper cake?
Some diaper cakes seem like they will be really complicated to make. However, if you have everything that is needed, and you follow the easy video instructions below, you too can create a DIY motorcycle diaper cake.
What is a diaper cake?
Diaper cakes are adorable baby shower decorations. According to the mommy community over at “What To Expect,” it’s a classy way to give the new mom diapers. If you are having a baby shower on a budget, consider using your motorcycle diaper cake as a baby shower centerpiece.
How do you make a diaper cake pan?
Line the cake pan with folded diapers. Start by lining one side and stacking the diapers on their side so they sit upright, but placed horizontally. As you build up one wall side, migrate to the other side of the pan and build up that area. Continue lining the sides of the pan with folded diapers. Keep creating the swirl shape.
How do you make a motorcycle out of a diaper tire?
Stand the diaper tire on its side (so it now looks like a tire). Join the blanket from the first diaper tire to the second tire. Align the tires next to each other so they form the base of the motorcycle. Tuck the end of the blanket into the hole of the second diaper tire. Pull gently so the blanket easily holds the two tires in place.
How many diapers does it take to make a motorcycle diaper cake?
How to Make a Motorcycle Diaper Cake
- At least 34 diapers (newborn or early stage)
- 2 receiving blankets.
- 2 bibs, a chain linked toy (appropriate for a newborn or infant)
- 1 pair of infant socks.
- 1 baby bottle.
- 1 washcloth.
What size diapers do you use to make a diaper cake?
Most diaper cakes use about 50 to 75 newborn or size 1 diapers. A cake topper (a stuffed animal, ribbon, board book, etc.)
How do you make a nappy cake with a blanket?
To make the diaper cake:
- Use one of the baby bottles, and wrap one diaper at a time around it (don’t open the diapers up).
- Fold a receiving blanket lengthwise and wrap it around one layer.
- Tie a decorative ribbon around the center of each diaper layer (hiding the elastic band if you’ve used one).
How to make a diaper cake motorcycle?
Make the Wheels for the Motorcycle Diaper Cake. Place 24 diapers into the 8′ cake pan by fanning them against the edge of the pan. Adjust the diaper edges to create an evenly-spaced spiral. Place the paper towel tube in the spiral’s core as a place holder. Then place a rubber band around the spiral to secure it.
How to make your own diaper cake?
How to make a diaper cake: Roll up all the diapers into small balls and wrap a rubber band around each of them. If you like, you can also roll up baby clothes and add them to the base of the cake. Use approximately 56 diaper rolls for the base layer. It can be a good idea to use the baking pan to create a nice round shape for the cake.
How to make a motorcycle birthday cake?
How do you make a mini diaper cake?
How to Make a Motorcycle Diaper Cake
- Baby showers are an excellent opportunity to offer something that is both considerate and functional, and a gift that is both in keeping with the theme of the baby shower and also made of diapers fulfills both requirements.
- In the event that you’ve been invited to a baby shower and are looking for the ideal present idea, a motorbike diaper cake is a surefire winner.
- While creating one of these may appear to be difficult, don’t worry: this motorbike diaper cake tutorial will walk you through the process step by step with simplicity.
1. Gather What You’ll Need for a Motorcycle Diaper Cake
- Pampers Swaddlers Diapers (size 1 or 2) (72 diapers total)
- 1 8-inch cake pan, 1 empty paper towel tube, 2 receiving blankets, 2 bibs, and 1 baby bottle
- Rubber bands are a type of elastic band that is used to hold things together.
- Bows for decoration (you may also knot ribbon into little bows if you choose)
- 1 pair of baby mittens or socks
- 1 pair of baby booties
- To make the bow, cut approximately 2 yards of 1.5″ wide ribbon
- to layer on top, cut approximately 2 yards of 0.5″ wide ribbon (optional)
2. Make the Wheels for the Motorcycle Diaper Cake
- By fanning the diapers against the edge of the cake pan, you can fit 24 diapers into an 8″ cake pan. Adjust the diaper borders so that they form a spiral with appropriately spaced intervals
- To use as a place holder, insert the paper towel tube into the spiral’s core. After that, wrap a rubber band around the spiral to keep it in place.
- Set the spiral aside when it has been removed from the pan. Then repeat this process two more times to create a total of three wheels
- however, do not include the tube in the middle of the last two spirals
- instead, leave it out entirely.
3. Assemble the Wheels
- Using a piece of ribbon, wrap each wheel so that the rubber band is covered. Use hot glue to attach the ends of the ribbon together, being careful not to get glue on the diapers or the ribbon itself.
- Thread the paper towel tube through the center hole of one of the other wheels, making sure it is securely fastened. It is now necessary to attach the tube to two wheels, which will serve as your back wheels.
- Extend the two wheels to their respective end points on the roll, such that their outside edges are buried inside the wheel.
- To do this, place your third (front) wheel in the space between the two back wheels.
4. Tie the Wheels Together
- Prepare a receiving blanket by folding it in half diagonally and rolling it to form a tube.
- Thread one end through the paper towel roll and the other end through the front wheel to link all three wheels together.
- Rubber band the blanket ends together to keep them from unraveling.
- Disguise the rubber band by carefully rolling the blanket around such that the knot is tucked within the paper towel tube.
- Use ribbon to conceal the exposed paper towel roll
- otherwise, leave it exposed.
5. Make the Seat
- Roll a single diaper into a cylinder shape. Wrap four additional diapers around this one and tie the roll together with a rubber band to keep it from unraveling. Ribbon should be wrapped around the rubber band.
- Place the roll between the two back wheels, with the ribbon aligned vertically to create the motorbike seat
- this will be the motorcycle seat.
- Take a bib and drape it over the seat of the car
6. Add the Front Fender and Headlight
- To form the front fender, place a second bib on top of the front wheel.
- Placing a bottle on top with the cap/nipple pointing backward will help to stabilize the structure. This will function as the headlight.
7. Create the Handlebars
- To fold the second receiving blanket in half diagonally, take it and fold it in half lengthwise. Roll it up into a tube form starting at the sharp end.
- Rubber bands should be placed on the ends and the centre of the tube to prevent it from unrolling.
- Using this receiving blanket, thread it through the hole in the front wheel until there is an equal quantity of blanket hanging out on either side.
- With a rubber band, secure the ends of the bottle over the top of the bottle’s opening.
- Placing the blanket ends at a 45-degree angle will make them look like handlebars. A bow can be used to conceal the apparent rubber band.
- Handgrips can be made by tying mittens to the ends of the receiving blanket, as shown.
8. Add the Finishing Touches
- Place a stuffed animal on top of the pile.
- To attach the plush animal’s hands to the handlebars, you can use double-sided tape if you want to be fancy.
- Alternatively, you may stuff the paper towel holes with more baby socks and mittens.
- That’s all there is to it!
- That baby shower is about to get a whole lot more exciting, thanks in part to this awesome motorbike diaper cake.
- A train-themed diaper cake is another option if you want or if the theme of the shower calls for anything along those lines.
- If you’re assisting with the planning of the baby shower, then have a look at these baby shower game ideas, which may provide you with inspiration to make the event even more memorable for the mother-to-be.
How To Make A Motorcycle Diaper Cake With Easy To Follow Video Instructions
- The result is as follows: It’s time to ride off to that baby shower with this super-cool motorbike diaper cake. If you choose, or if the shower theme calls for it, you might also try crafting a diaper cake with a train motif. Take a look at these baby shower game ideas if you’re assisting with the planning of the party, as they may provide you with inspiration to make it even more memorable for the momma to be.
Use your motorbike diaper cake as a centerpiece for your baby shower to save money if you are hosting it on a budget. It will double as a present for the new mom, as well as a decorative piece for the party.
Here’s What You Will Need To Make A Motorcycle Diaper Cake:
- Thirty-five size two diapers
- two baby bibs
- four receiving blankets
- two bottle cleaning brushes
- two pairs of baby socks
- two pacifiers
- ribbon, a sippy cup, teething ring links, rubber bands, yarn, and tape
- a stuffed animal
Not really what you were looking for? Here are more diaper cake ideas to choose from:
- Instructions on How to Make a Diaper Cake – The Easy Way
- Step-by-Step Video: Beautiful Diaper Cake Ideas for Baby Girls
- Totally Awesome Diaper Cakes for Boys with Easy Video Instructions
- Totally Awesome Diaper Cakes for Boys with Easy Video Instructions
- Baby Carriage Diaper Cakes, Boat Diaper Cakes, Tractor Diaper Cakes, and Castle Diaper Cakes are some of the options available.
PLANNING A BABY SHOWER? HERE ARE A FEW HELPFUL RESOURCES:
A lot of time and effort goes into organizing or hosting a baby shower. You’ll be juggling a lot of balls in the air at the same time. The resources listed below will make your life a whole lot simpler.
How to Make a Motorcycle Diaper Cake
Article in PDF format Article in PDF format Become the talk of the town at your next baby shower by creating a clever motorbike diaper cake for the expectant mother. This creation is perfect for a motorbike enthusiast or just for someone who enjoys cute things. It doesn’t demand a lot of crafting talents; all you need are a few items and a few hours of your time.
- 1 You should purchase the needed goods in the colors and designs that you believe the pregnant mother would prefer. The following list outlines exactly what is required (for more information on the crafting materials, see Things You’ll Need below): In addition to at least 34 diapers (newborn or early stage), 2 receiving blankets, 2 bibs, a chain linked toy (appropriate for a newborn or infant), 1 pair of infant socks, 1 baby bottle, 1 washcloth, and 1 plush stuffed toy (that does not contain buttons or any other items that could be swallowed) should be donated as well.
The motorbike tires are represented by the swirls you’re about to make.
- 1Place folded diapers in the bottom of a cake pan. Begin by lining one side of the diapers and stacking them on their sides so that they sit upright but are stacked horizontally. As you finish one side of the pan, move to the other side of the pan and finish that area as well.
- 2Continue lining the sides of the pan with folded diapers to complete the job. Continue to swirl the diapers around in the pan.
- 3Keep the diapers contained in the pan. Lift the diaper ″tire″ from the pan and carefully set it on a firm surface using one of the rubber bands or soft elastic loops. Consider enlisting the assistance of a buddy for this task since if even one diaper comes loose from the band, you’ll have to do the operation all over again!
- 5 Make another diaper tire. Create this swirl inside the pan in the same manner as you did the previous one. Glue the rubber band around the diapers, and then carefully raise and place it next to the first diaper tire.
6 Decorative ribbon should be wrapped around each diaper tire. The ribbon should be used to cover the rubber band or elastic loop. This enhances the appearance and contributes to the overall impression of a tire. Make a pinhole in the center of the ribbon and bury the pin towards the bottom of the tire so it doesn’t stand out.
- 6 Using the ornamental ribbon, wrap each diaper tire. The ribbon should be used to conceal the rubber band or elastic loop. As a result, the appearance is improved, and the impression of a tire is created better. Make a pinhole in the center of the ribbon and bury the pin at the bottom of the tire so that it is not visible.
- 5Fold the second blanket in half lengthwise, starting at one end. Then, in the same manner as you did with the first blanket, roll the second blanket. 6Place the blanket into the opening of the front tire. Slide the blanket all the way through the opening until the ends of both blankets come together. Advertisement
- 1Pin the bib to the top of the front diaper tire with a safety pin to keep it in place. Continue to make sure that the image or child’s name is visible and facing outward. 2Hold the ends of the front diaper tire blanket up and to the side. Slide the ring toy through the top of the blanket so that it holds the two ends of the blanket together. 3. Insert the baby bottle over the bib and beneath the ring toy until it is nearly all the way down to the diaper tire. 4. 4Increase the definition and strength of the handlebars by bending them slightly more than normal. 5Put a little piece of rolled-up light cardboard into each handlebar roll, and stuff the baby socks with a small bit of tissue paper to puff out the garment. 6Put one sock on each side of the handlebars to finish off the look of the handlebars. If they don’t stay in place naturally, try pinning them in place.
- 7Add the second bib to the back diaper tire in the same manner you put the first bib to the front.
- 8Prop the stuffed toy on top so that it seems like the toy is riding the motorbike. When working with malleable toys, you may need to pin them in place.
- 9Finishing the project Your gift for the expecting mother is now a delightful, adorable, and really practical item. Advertisement
- Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome. In a large basket filled with treats for mom (such as spa gift cards, a bottle of champagne and even an adorable nightgown she may wear in the hospital), place the diaper cake.
- Bring together by wrapping the washcloth over the infant bottle and placing it atop the bib.
Things You’ll Need
- At least 34 diapers, an 8-inch (20-cm) cake pan, and a few rubber bands are necessary.
- There are two receiving blankets and two bibs.
- The following toys are good for a newborn or infant: A chain-link toy
- 1 pair of newborn socks, 1 baby bottle, and 1 washcloth are included.
- A plush stuffed toy (that does not contain any buttons or other objects that may pose a choking hazard)
- a stuffed animal (that does not contain any buttons or other items that could constitute a choking hazard)
- Scissors for sewing
- Pins with straight ends
- Rubber bands or elastic loops are used to hold things together.
- Decorative ribbon in the color of your choosing that suits the general motif (such as the toy, blankets, bibs, etc.) of your project
- A few sheets of tissue paper and a light piece of cardboard are all you need.
About This Article
- The wheels of a motorbike diaper cake are made by tying two spherical bundles of diapers in ribbon and placing them on a cake plate or other flat surface.
- Then, using a rolled-up baby blanket, bind the wheels together, and tie another blanket to the front tire to serve as the basis for the handlebars (see photo).
- After that, put a charming bib over each tire, insert cardboard into the handlebars to give them definition, and tie a baby sock over the end of each handlebar to finish off the look.
- Finally, place a plush animal on the back of your diaper motorbike to keep it from rolling away.
- Continue reading for advice on how to select adorable accessories for your motorbike diaper cake.
- Did you find this overview to be helpful?
- The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 374,822 times.
How to Make Motorcycle Diaper Cake for Baby Shower
- The news that a friend or family member is expecting a child brings enormous delight to everyone who hears it.
- A baby shower is held to commemorate the impending birth of the new baby.
- A Motorcycle Diaper Cake is a thoughtful and useful gift idea for anyone who is planning a baby shower but isn’t sure what to get the expecting parents.
- A motorbike diaper cake is a wonderful present for expectant parents who are expecting a boy; however, it may also be given to expecting parents who are expecting a girl.
- The diapers are beneficial for new parents once the baby is born, and the unusual motorbike design makes for an unforgettable present.
- Continue reading to find out how to make one.
How to Make a Motorcycle Diaper Cake
The following are the steps to making a simple diaper motorbike cake:
1. Get the Motorcycle Diaper Cake Supplies
- Make sure you have all of the things you’ll need for your motorbike diaper cake before you start working on it. You are also welcome to bring supplies of your choosing. Just keep in mind to color match them with the theme of the baby shower or the gender of the child being celebrated. The following are the materials required for a motorbike diaper cake: The following items are needed: a diaper pack (any brand) of 72 diapers in size 1 or 2
- an 8-inch cake pan
- an empty toilet paper roll tube. Receiving blankets – 2, bibs – 2, infant bottle – 1, rubber bands, decorative bows or decorative ribbon
- one pair of baby mittens or socks
- and one pair of baby socks.
- Ribbon (1.5-inch width): 2 yards
- Ribbon (0.5-inch width): 2 yards (optional)
- Wide ribbon (1.5-inch width): 2 yards
- A stuffed animal (optional), a chain link toy (optional), tape, double-sided tape, safety pins, and other small items.
2. Make Diaper Wheels For Motorcycle Diaper Cake
- The diaper wheels for the DIY motorcycle diaper cake are being built as the other DIY motorcycle diaper cake components are being prepared. Make the diaper wheels for the motorbike diaper cake by following the techniques outlined here. Remove the cake pan from the oven and set it on the table. Remove 24 diapers from the diaper packaging and set them aside.
- Place the diapers in the cake pan one at a time, fanning them in an upright posture against the side of the cake pan to ensure even distribution. The diapers must form a spiral in the cake pan
- thus, the diapers’ edges must be adjusted in order to form a spiral that is uniformly spread over the cake pan. Additionally, you may use the empty paper towel tube to create an equally spaced diaper spiral by inserting it into the center of the baking dish and placing it in the core of the diaper spiral. Rubber band the diaper spiral in place using a piece of rubber band
- In order to build another diaper wheel, take an empty paper towel tube and a cake pan and roll them together. Another technique to make the wheels is to take one diaper and roll it up on the empty paper towel tube, adding another diaper to the edge of it on the outside. Continue to add more diaper rolls one at a time in a circular pattern until a diaper spiral is formed, then stop. Using a rubber band, fasten the diaper spiral to the diaper tube. Remove the paper towel tube that is no longer in use.
3. Tie the Diaper Wheels Together
- Once the DIY motorbike diaper cake wheels have been constructed, it is necessary to connect them. To tie the wheels, follow the methods outlined below. Take the diaper wheels and wrap them in a broad ribbon to conceal the rubber band that was used to hold the diapers in place. Set them aside. Glue or a safety pin can be used to hold the ends of the ribbon together. Make certain that the safety pin is buried in the inside edge of the ribbon and is not visible from the top of the ribbon. In the event that you choose to use glue, simply dab a little amount of glue along one ribbon edge and fold the other edge over it to cover it without damaging the diapers.
- Add the other tiny ribbon over the broad ribbon to give the diaper wheels a bit more oomph in terms of decoration. An layered ribbon look will be created as a result of this technique.
- Take a receiving blanket and roll it diagonally in your hands. This roll will be used to link all of the diaper wheels together at the same time. Rubber bands should be used to secure the tube’s two edges.
- As you thread the blanket roll, make sure the diaper wheels are kept together like the wheels of a motorcycle.
- To keep the diaper wheels in place, tie both ends of the tube together with a rubber band or safety pin.
- Make sure to tuck the tube’s linked ends inside the diapers to prevent them from being seen.
4. Make the Motorcycle Seat
- The motorcycle seat should be constructed once the DIY motorbike diaper cake wheels have been completed and assembled. To construct the motorbike seat, follow the methods outlined below. Taking a single diaper, wrap it up tightly. To make a roll, roll four additional diapers one by one until you have a complete roll. Now, using a rubber band, hold the diaper roll in place
- to conceal the rubber band, wrap a ribbon around it. Apply some adhesive to the ribbon to keep it in place.
- Place the diaper roll between the two diaper wheels, in the area between the two diaper wheels. Orient the ribbon on the diaper roll such that it forms the seat of the diaper motorbike by orienting it vertically.
- To finish, take one of the bibs and drape it over the diaper roll motorbike seat to serve as a seat cover.
5. Make the Handlebars
- It is now necessary to construct the motorbike handlebars. Make the motorbike handlebars by following the instructions provided below. In order to create the front fender, take one of the bibs and place it on the front diaper wheel.
- Take the infant feeding bottle and set it on top of the bib so that the cap or nipple of the bottle is facing the rear diaper wheel of the diapering machine. When you do this, the diaper motorcycle’s headlight will be activated.
- Take the second receiving blanket and sew it together to form the front handle.
- From one corner of the receiving blanket, fold and roll it diagonally in half.
- Rubber bands should be used to secure both ends of the roll produced from the receiving blanket to prevent it from unraveling.
- After that, you’ll want to thread this roll through the center hole of the front diaper wheel. Inspect both sides of the diaper wheel to ensure that they are both the same length.
- Pulling both ends of the receiving blanket roll upward toward the feeding bottle is a good way to start the process. It should be fastened over the top of the feeding bottle using a rubber band
- When viewed from above, the receiving blanket tube ends should be at a 45-degree angle, to resemble the handlebar of a motorbike.
- Cover the exposed rubber bands with decorative ribbon, ready-made bows, or bows manufactured from the decorative ribbon to disguise them.
- To build the handlebar handgrips, take a pair of mittens or socks and wrap one mitten or sock over each end of the receiving blanket tube
- this will serve as the handlebar handgrips.
- Your diaper motorbike is fully operational
6. Give the Final Touch
- After that, it’s time to put the finishing touches on your homemade motorbike diaper cake. Make use of the final elements listed below to create your motorbike diaper cake. Assemble the diaper motorcycle rider by placing the plush toy animal on top of the seat of the diaper motorbike.
- The hands of the plush animal are taped to the motorcycle handlebars with double-sided adhesive to keep them in place.
- Attach the chain-link toy to the handlebar of your bicycle as a key chain. Double-sided tape should be used to hold it in place.
- Your homemade motorbike diaper cake is complete and ready to be given as a gift.
- Diaper cakes, particularly those with a motorbike motif, are ideal for giving to expectant parents as gifts at their baby shower.
- Their contents include diapers and other newborn necessities like as receiving blankets, bibs, and a feeding bottle, which will be valuable to the parents after their child is born.
- When this motorbike diaper cake is delivered to the expecting parents’ baby shower, they are sure to be shocked!
- Also see: Adorable Baby Shower Cake Designs.
- Planning A Baby Shower: A Step-by-Step Guide What You Need to Know About Hosting a Virtual Baby Shower
How to Make a Motorcycle Diaper Cake
- Are you planning a baby shower and want to make something unique for the occasion?
- Then follow our instructions on How to Make a Motorcycle Diaper Cake to create the ideal present.
- Making a diaper cake for a baby shower or sprinkle is a simple and inexpensive project that doubles as a gift or centerpiece for the event.
- I enjoy making them to gift to expectant parents since, as a mother of three boys, I am well aware of how many diapers they will go through.
How to Make a Motorcycle Diaper Cake
- Beginning with the colors and styles of the essential goods that you believe the pregnant mother would choose, go out and get them. The items on the following list are exactly what is required to finish the motorcycle: At least 34 diapers (for newborns or infants in the early stages)
- A chain-link toy (suitable for a newborn or infant), two receiving blankets, two bibs, a pair of infant socks, one baby bottle, and one washcloth
- Following that, you will design the Motorcycle Tires.
- In order to complete this stage, you will need a circular cake pan.
- Folded diapers are used to line the cake pan.
- Begin by lining one side of the diapers and stacking them on their sides so that they sit upright but are stacked horizontally.
- As you finish building one side of the wall, move to the opposite side of the pan and finish building that region.
- Folded diapers should be used to line the edges of the pan as well.
- Continue to create the swirl form.
- Keep the diapers contained in the pan.
- Using one of the soft elastic loops or rubber bands, secure the diapers around the circumference of the diapers.
- The diaper ″tire″ should be carefully lifted out of the pan and placed on a firm surface.
- You may wish to enlist the assistance of a buddy for this task since if even a single diaper slips from the band, you’ll have to start the procedure over from the beginning.
- Make another diaper tire out of old clothes.
- Create this swirl inside the pan in the same manner as you did the previous one.
- After you have wrapped the diapers with the rubber band, carefully pull the tire from the pan and place it next to the first diaper tire.
- Decorative ribbon should be wrapped around each diaper tire.
- The ribbon should be used to cover the rubber band or elastic loop.
- This enhances the appearance and contributes to the overall impression of a tire.
- Make a pinhole in the center of the ribbon and bury the pin towards the bottom of the tire so it doesn’t stand out.
We are now going to put the blankets to the bed.Fold the first receiving blanket in half, lengthwise, to make a double-layer blanket.If required, iron the blanket to eliminate any creases that may have formed.Using your hands, wrap the blanket into a very tight coil.The diaper tire hole must be large enough for the roll to fit in the centre of the hole.
Hold the blanket roll in place with pins.The wrapped blanket should easily fit through the diaper tire hole.Match the ends of the blanket so that it hangs out half and half on each side.As a precaution, pin each end of the blanket if required to keep the roll from unraveling.Turn the diaper tire on its side to make it easier to use (so it now looks like a tire).
- The blanket should be joined from the first diaper tire to the second diaper tire.
- Align the tires so that they form the basis of the motorbike by placing them adjacent to each other.
- The blanket’s loose end should be tucked into a hole in the second diaper tire.
- Pull slowly so that the blanket keeps the two tires in place without difficulty.
- To guarantee that the blanket stays in place within the tires, attach a pin to the ends of both sides of it.
- Fold the second blanket in half lengthwise to create a square.
Then, in the same manner as you did with the first blanket, roll the second blanket.The blanket should be tucked into the opening in the front tire.Slide the blanket all the way through the opening until the ends of both blankets come together.Attach the bib to the top of the front diaper tire with a safety pin.Maintain visibility by keeping the image or the child’s name visible and pointing outward.
Keep the ends of the front diaper tire blanket up over your head.Slide the ring toy through the top of the blanket so that it holds the two ends of the blanket together.Slide the toy all the way down to the diaper tire, almost all the way to the bottom.
- Place the baby bottle on top of the bib and below the ring toy to complete the look.
- Make certain that it fits snugly.
- Enhance the definition and strength of the handlebars by bending them.
Insert a tiny piece of light cardboard that has been wrapped up inside each handlebar roll.Fill the baby socks with a modest bit of tissue paper to make the outfit appear more voluminous.One sock on each side of the handlebars should be placed on top of the handlebars.If they don’t stay in place on their own, try pinning them in place.The second bib should be attached to the rear diaper tire in the same way that you attached the first bib to the front.
Alternatively, a blanket can be used in place of the bibs, as seen in the photographs above.
More Baby Shower Ideas:
- Congratulations Game for a Baby Shower How to Make a Diaper Cake for a Baby It’s Time for the Balloons Gender Reveal at the Baby Shower Congratulations for winning the Baby Shower Game Cute Baby Shower Games and Activities Shelley is a mother of two sons, a marine wife, and the proud mother of an incredible family.
- She enjoys providing recipes, vacation reviews, and suggestions that are geared toward assisting busy families in creating lasting experiences.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Diaper Cake for a Baby Shower
- On January 12, 2022, an update was made. Diaper cakes are a popular choice for baby showers since they can be used as both an utilitarian present and a decorative centerpiece. It’s possible to purchase diaper cakes from a number of internet shops, but it’s not that difficult to make them from scratch. It may take a little time, but you will save money in the long run. The exact number of components you will require for a diaper cake will be determined by the size of the cake you choose as well as the amount of money you wish to spend on the endeavor. The majority of diaper cakes include between 50 and 75 newborn or size 1 diapers. Here’s everything you’ll need to get started: A cake topper (such as a plush animal, ribbon, board book, or other similar item)
- a sheet of cardboard or a cake plate
- clear stretch jewelry cord
- disposable or cloth diapers
- rubber bands
- a sheet of cardboard or a cake plate
Besides diapers and wipes, you may choose to include other products including as rattles, board books, teething rings, baby wash and lotion, diaper rash medication, baby wipes, bibs, and other accessories in your diaper cake as well. 1
Prepare the Diapers
Preparing the diapers should be the first step. However, you can substitute cloth diapers with disposable diapers if that is what the parents desire. Roll up the diapers securely one at a time, starting at the front of the diaper and working your way back to the rear. Rubber bands can be used to keep it in place. 2
Build the Base
- Cut a length of transparent stretch jewelry cord to suit the perimeter of the diaper cake’s base layer, making sure it is not too tight.
- Place objects such as baby lotion, baby wipes, or toys in the middle of the cardboard or cake plate, and then begin inserting the wrapped up diapers one by one until you’ve constructed a circular shape out of the cardboard or cake plate.
- The diapers should be held together using a length of stretch jewelry cord wrapped around them to form the foundation layer.
Build the Second Layer
Another layer of diapers folded up and tied together with a length of stretch cord can be added on top of the first. Make certain that the diapers are placed close together. If there are any gaps between the diapers or any exposed rubber bands, tie a piece of ribbon around the layer to conceal it. Follow these instructions to complete the construction of the remaining stages. 4
Decorate the Diaper Cake
- Decorate the diaper cake with board books, teething rings, and other tiny trinkets after all of the tiers have been secured and completed.
- Put them within the ribbon or attach them to the tiers if you want to be really fancy.
- This is an excellent time to truly personalize the project for the baby’s mother and father, so don’t be afraid to be imaginative.
- If the gender and name of the infant are known, you might provide that information as well.
- The concept is to make the diaper cake both visually appealing and functional at the same time.
Add the Finishing Touches
Finish the diaper cake with a topper of your choice to complete the look.A stuffed animal, such as a teddy bear, is usually a safe bet, but you could also go for something that matches the theme of the shower or the baby’s room instead of a traditional stuffed animal.For example, a plush monkey would make an excellent topper if the baby’s nursery is to be designed after the jungle, and a stack of board books would be ideal if the parents have requested that shower visitors assist in the creation of the baby’s reading library.Thank you for sharing your thoughts!Thank you for taking the time to join up.There was a clerical error.
- Please try your search again.
How To Make a Diaper Cake
- When it comes to baby shower gifts, a handcrafted diaper cake is unbeatable. It has a striking appearance, yet it is also really functional! Diaper cakes are produced by stacking 2-4 layers of diapers together. The amount of diapers you use is entirely up to you, however size 1-2 diapers are often less expensive and last longer on newborns. A three-layer diaper cake requires the following supplies:1 box of diapers (60-100)
- 3 receiving blankets
- 3 baby facecloths and bottles
- many rubber bands of various sizes
- 1 package of diapers (60-100)
- Several safety pins or diaper pins
- two yards of ribbon in a complementary color to the receiving blankets
- As a basis, you can use a plate or a circle of decorative cardboard.
- Options: Small stuffed animal
- baby brush and comb (or other infant care supplies such as clippers, syringe, etc.)
- baby socks
- sample packets of baby lotion or soap
- pacifier and pacifier clip
- small baby toys
- small baby clothes
- small baby toys
- small baby clothes
To make the diaper cake, follow these steps:
- Make use of one of the baby bottles and wrap one diaper at a time around it (without opening the diapers). Rubber bands can be used to keep the diapers in place (having another person hold the diapers as you fasten them with elastic is helpful). As many diapers as feasible are used to create three layers of diapers: a small, a medium, and a big size for each layer.
- Wrap one layer of a receiving blanket with a receiving blanket folded lengthwise. Using a safety pin or two diaper pins, secure the piece in place. You have the option of adding an elastic band around the border of the layer to better fasten it. Repeat the process for the next two layers.
- Decorate each diaper layer by tying a beautiful ribbon across the center of each layer (over the elastic band if you’ve used one)
- Cover the top of each layer with a facecloth and secure with safety pins/diaper pins so that they are not visible.
- Place the layers in a stack, starting with the largest on the bottom and working your way up to the smallest on the top, and hold them together with safety pins or diaper pins.
- Attach toys, infant hygiene products, and other objects on the cake with safety pins, or slide them beneath the elastic bands and/or ribbons to finish off the cake’s decoration.
- Finish off the cake with a topper, such as a little teddy bear, if desired.
- Prepare a plate or a decorated circle of cardboard to hold the final diaper cake.
Here’s an updated post for a Diaper Cake I made with pampers, featuring a sweet rustic theme and unique topper!
- 1. a package of diapers (between 60 and 100)
- 3. receiving blankets
- 3. baby facecloths
- 3. baby bottles
- 4. a variety of elastic bands in various sizes
- Pins, such as safety pins or diaper pins
- A plate or decorative circle of cardboard to serve as a base
- 2 yards of ribbon to match the receiving blankets
- 2 yards of ribbon to coordinate with the receiving blankets
To begin, take one of the baby bottles and wrap one diaper at a time around it (be careful not to unzip the diapers).Rubber bands can be used to keep the diapers in place (having another person hold the diapers as you fasten them with elastic is helpful).Use as many diapers as possible to create three layers of diapers: a small, medium, and big size for each of the three layers.2.Fold a receiving blanket in half lengthwise and wrap it around one layer of the mattress.Using a safety pin or two diaper pins, secure the piece in place.
- You have the option of adding an elastic band around the border of the layer to better fasten it.
- Repeat the process for the next two layers.
- 3) Tie a beautiful ribbon across the middle of each diaper layer, being sure to conceal the elastic band if you used one.
- Cover the top of each layer with a facecloth and secure with safety pins/diaper pins so that they are not visible.
- Stack the layers, starting with the largest on the bottom and working your way up to the tiniest on the top, and hold them together using safety pins or diaper pins.
- Decorate your cake by using safety pins to attach toys, infant hygiene products, and other small objects on the cake, or by slipping them beneath the elastic bands and/or ribbons.
- Make a little teddy bear topper for the top of the cake to finish it off perfectly.
- Place the finished diaper cake on a plate or a circle of cardboard that has been decorated.
Optional elements include: Stuffed toy of a small size a baby brush with a baby comb (or other baby hygiene items like clippers, syringe, etc) Socks for babies Baby lotion or soap samples in little packages Pacifiers and pacifier clips are provided. Toys for babies of a small size
Motorcycle Diaper Cake
Are you looking for a one-of-a-kind baby shower present?The Motorcycle Diaper Cake lesson features a creative method to present newborn necessities as as diapers, burp cloths, receiving blankets, and other such items.I couldn’t wait to make a diaper cake for a wonderful friend of mine who was expecting twins.I couldn’t wait to make her a cake for her baby shower.However, it was just as I was browsing directions on how to make a three-tier diaper cake when I came across a motorbike diaper cake.It couldn’t have been a better match for my pal and her husband, who are both motorcycle enthusiasts.
- A few different YouTube videos on How to Make a Motorcycle Diaper Cake inspired me to write down the things I’d need and head to Buy Buy Baby with her gift registry in hand in order to get the burp cloths, receiving blankets, bottles, and mittens she’d requested.
- However, after noticing the necessary things on her baby registry, I opted to stick with the color scheme she had chosen for her nursery.
- For her two adorable baby sons, it seemed only natural that I make them two Motorcycle Diaper Cakes.
- The motorbike diaper cake was simple to prepare; in fact, one of them was made by my husband, while the other was done by myself.
- Normally, he doesn’t participate in creative activities, but I believe the motorcycle diaper cake concept piqued his interest because he is a major motorbike aficionado himself.
- 34 Diapers – 17 for each wheel – I used size 1
- 2 Receiving blankets (about 30′′ X 40′′)
- 1 Burp cloth – or 2 bibs for the fender
- 2 Receiving blankets (approximately 30′′ X 40′′)
- 1 Burp cloth – or 2 bibs for the fender
- 2 Mittens or Socks, 1 Bottle, 4 Rubber Bands, 1 Stuffed Animal, Ribbon, and 1 Chain Link Toy
Using one diaper, wrap it up tightly, and then continue to add diapers to the edge of the roll until all seventeen diapers have been utilized.In a circular motion, add one diaper at a time to the exterior of the diaper, keeping it in place with a large rubber band as you go.Finish by wrapping each tire with a ribbon of your choice when they have been completed.To keep the ribbon in place, use a little piece of tape or a safety pin.Fold one receiving blanket in half and roll it up, securing it with elastic bands on both ends to keep it from unraveling as you go.(Optional) This receiving blanket will be used to hold the tires together while they are being transported.
- Using the rolled-up receiving blanket, insert it into one tire’s center and then into the center of the second tire, pulling tight so that the tires are touching each other.
- Tuck the ends of the receiving blanket into the tire as tightly as possible.
- Roll up the second receiving blanket — this will serve as the handle bars for the vehicle.
- Thread the threading needle into the middle of the front tire.
- Alternatively, if you wish to use two bibs, place one bib on the top of each tire, or place the burp cloth on top of each tire.
- Place the bottle on top of the front tire to keep it from rolling away.
- Pull the receiving blanket up so that it resembles handle bars, then attach it with a chain link toy to complete the look.
- Add the mittens or socks to the ends of the receiving blanket after it has been folded.
- Finish with a plush animal of your choosing.
Introduction: How to Make a Diaper Motorcycle Baby Shower Show Stopper
Dior diaper cakes (where you use a rubberband to roll up each individual diaper and place them into an oval shape), which I have presented to expecting mothers to much acclaim, have also been produced in the past by myself and my friends and family.Since crafting that present was such a time-consuming process, I limited its distribution to just the most significant people in my life who were expecting a new baby.That was before I became a member of Pinterest.One of my Pinterest boards included a motorbike diaper cake that I had pinned.However, when it came time to actually make the present, I was unhappy to find that the link I had pinned led to only a photo, with no instructions on how to build the gift.A simple Google search as I was walking around Target led me to an excellent instruction on a site here: Sweet Aprils, the Blog, which I highly recommend.
- To the author of the blog, I express a heartfelt thank you for practically saving my shopping trip and allowing me to finish the simpler, sweeter and cooler diaper motorbike (which, in my opinion, had a greater ″WOW″ value than a standard diaper cake).
- This instructable is dedicated to my sister-in-love, who requested that I provide the ″How To″ for making this unique baby shower gift, which only takes about an hour to complete.
Step 1: Materials
- You’ll need the following goods, plus you’ll have the *Option* to purchase additional products to make for excellent gift giving: Steps 2 and 3 are for the tires. a minimum of thirty-four (34) diapers in size one (1)
- Two (2) rubber bands are required.
- In addition to an 8-inch cake pan, you’ll need 1-1/2″ to 2″ broad complementary ribbon, at least two sewing pins, scissors, and other supplies.
- Steps 4 and 5 are for connecting the wheels and constructing the handle bars. A total of two (2) separate receiving blankets that are at least 27 inches square
- At least two (and preferably more) sewing pins
- It’s necessary to ″tie″ the blanket together in some way. Another rubber band (wrapped with ribbon), a chain link toy, or a charming ponytail holder (which is what I used) are all good options.
- A single bib should be purchased in a quantity of at least two to be used throughout the project.
- Step 6: Construct a headlight. One bottle
- *Optional*: one bottle of wine A single burp cloth was used to wrap around the bottle, however this was not necessary
- Step 7: Make the handlebars more rigid. a toilet paper roll tube that has been emptied
- Shoes or a pair of socks
- a piece of tissue paper or a paper towel
- Make a seat – Step 8
- One bib
- Place a Rider – Step 9
- A small (6″ tall or so) stuffed animal
- Notes: The diaper box in my photo contains 108 diapers. Except if you’re like me and want to include diapers with the gift, this isn’t necessary.
- Make certain that you have adequate diapers! There are some packages that only include 30, while you really need at least 34 for a professional-looking end product.
- A burp cloth or a washcloth are two items that can be purchased as a *optional* addition to the gift. It was during the preparation that I acquired a bag of burp cloths and integrated them into the motorbike cake
Step 2: Create the Diaper Tires
Separate the thirty-four (34) diapers into two groups of seventeen (two groups of seventeen diapers) (17).Begin by folding a few diapers at a time and arranging them on what will be known as the exterior of the tire, with the diapers separated by around 3/4 inch or so.Continue to layer diapers on top of one another, roughly three at a time, until the tops of the diapers begin to meet the bottom fold of the cake pan.After you’ve used up your required minimum of 17 diapers, start tugging on the first diapers you’ve placed in the pan to get them closer to the center of the pan.It is reasonable to assume that more diapers would be required if you were just using a cake pan with a 9-inch diameter.Pulling and adjusting the other diapers will help to produce the spiral effect within the cake pan, as well as equally spacing the diapers on the exterior of the cake pan.
- When you’re satisfied with the diaper spacing, wrap the rubber band around the exterior of the diapers and carefully lift the ″tire″ out of the cake pan with the rubber band still attached.
- Create a second tire out of the remaining 17 diapers.
Step 3: Add Ribbon
Measure the ribbon around the outside diameter of the diapers using the diaper tire itself, being sure to leave at least two inches between the ends of the ribbon.Following the cutting of the ribbon, fold the end of the outer piece inside between the two layers of ribbon to create a tidy and clean appearance.One of the sewing pins should be used to secure all three layers of ribbon to the diaper.The ribbon should be snug around the diapers, but not so tight that it squeezes the diapers together.The tires should be able to stand up on their own, just like a wheel on a motorbike.
Step 4: Connect the Wheels
Make sure you have two sewing pins on hand, and then grab one of the two receiving blankets you’ll need for this project and fold it in half.After the blanket has been folded in half, fold the ″open″ side of the blanket into the region that will be rolled up, so that the roll will have a smooth appearance when it is finished.Begin rolling the blanket from one side to the other, aiming for an end product that is approximately one-and-a-half (1-1/2) to two-inches (2″) in width.Insert one of the blanket’s ends through the middle of one of the diaper tires, so that it is rolled up.Pull the blanket into the middle of the diaper tire until it is evenly distributed on both sides of the diaper tire.Align the second diaper tire with the first, then thread one of the blanket’s loose ends through the center of the second tire to complete the assembly.
- Pull the loose end of the blanket through the tire on the opposite side of the tire and repeat the operation with the remaining loose end of the blanket as described before.
- Pulling on both loose ends of the blanket can help to make it more tight and comfortable.
- Pin the loose end to the folded blanket as close to the inside of the diaper as you can get it by folding it in on itself and then into the opposing roll.
- To keep the pin from being seen, I tucked it under the fold of the blanket’s ends, where it would be hidden from view.
- Pin both sides together at the same time.
Step 5: Add Handlebars
Roll up the second receiving blanket in the same manner as you did the first one, to a width of around one and one-half (1-1/2″) to two inches (2″) in width.Insert one of the ends of the blanket into the diaper tire that does not have the blanket ends pinned in it.Place a bib over the top-front of the diaper wheel to keep it from falling off.For the bib to remain straight, I folded the ends of the bib over each other and tucked them gently between two diaper wheels.Making use of my adorable hair tie (you may also use a rubber band or those child’s links if that is all you have), evenly fold the ends of the blanket inside and secure them by tying the tie around two of the handle bar’s loose ends.This step is not necessary yet; it will be completed in the following phase.
Step 6: Bottle Head Light
Burp cloths were used to wrap the bottle of water, which was chosen because I wanted to include the burp cloths into the motorbike design.However, I feel that this is an optional feature that does not necessarily need to be used in all cases.On the interior of the bottle, I folded the burp cloth in such a way that the ends would be rolled around it on the inside.When riding your bike, you should position the bottle in between your wrapped blanket handlebars, with the cap pointing front on the bike.The knot around the bottle and the two wrapped blanket handle bars became more secure at that point.
Step 7: Stiffen the Handle Bars
Cut the empty toilet roll tube in half using a sharp knife.For added stiffness, slide one half of the tube down either side of the wrapped blanket handle bar end.Because the ends of the socks or booties will be hidden by the socks or booties, it is OK for the toilet paper rolls to protrude a bit.Stuff the inside of the booties or socks with ripped tissue paper or a piece of paper towel, if you have some.Glue one bootie to the end of each handlebar.
Step 8: Make a Seat
- In the supplies section of these instructions, I said that two bibs should be purchased.
- The second bib will be used as a ″seat″ for your toy horse or pony.
- I folded the loose ends of the bib over each other and tucked them in between the two diaper tires, then slipped the bib over the top of the rear diaper tire.
- Assuming you did not purchase any further gifts other than the bibs and receiving blankets, now would be a good time for you to go to Step 9.
As a result, because I had additional burp cloths and an extra bib from my box, I decided to include them in the present as well.When I finished stacking the burp cloths on top of each other, I placed the bib at one end of the pile.Afterwards, I folded the loose ends of the burp cloths toward the center of the burp cloths in order to create nice edges.After folding the burp cloths and bibs together to form a ″seat,″ I placed that small bundle on top of the spot where the two diaper tires come together.
Step 9: Place the Rider
- The materials section of these instructions specified that two bibs were to be purchased, which I did.
- You will use the second bib to hold your stuffed rider in the ″seat.″ It was easiest for me to just drape a bib over top of the back diaper tire, fold the loose ends over each other, and tuck them in between the two diaper tires.
- If you didn’t buy any additional gifts than the bibs and receiving blankets, now is an excellent time to go on to Step 9 of the process.
- As a result, because I had spare burp cloths and an extra bib from my box, I decided to include these in the package as well.
When I finished stacking the burp cloths on top of one another, I placed the bib at one end of the stack.Afterwards, I folded the loose ends of the burp cloths toward the center of the cloths in order to create nice edges.My ″seat″ was created by folding the combination of burp cloths and baby bibs into a ″seat″ and placing it on top of the intersection of the two diaper tires.
Step 10: Completing the Gift
- My present included a knitted blanket in addition to the more diapers, extra bottles, and the diaper motorbike gift that I had purchased for the recipient.
- Lacy V-Stitch Blanket is the pattern used to make the blanket, and the link brings you to my finished page on Ravelry, where I offer a review of the yarn and the method used to make it.
- I used the blanket to wrap up extra diapers and bottles, as well as to set the diaper motorbike on top of while I was delivering the gift to the recipient.
- It was with the leftover ribbon that I tied the blanket in a knot, and I took a lot of photographs so that I would have a lasting remembrance of what I had given to the new parent.
I hope this information will assist you in creating your show-stopping diaper motorbike.I personally received so many praises that I was grateful that I had taken photographs along the way to document the process and produce this tutorial for myself as well!Please do not hesitate to contact me through email if you have any queries!
6 People Made This Project!
How To Make A Diaper Cake Centerpiece
- Diaper cakes are a beautiful centerpiece that is created to seem like a three-tiered cake, but it is built entirely of disposable diapers.
- Diaper cakes are a popular baby shower décor since they are easy to make and inexpensive.
- And, after the shower, the expecting mother will be able to take all of those useful diapers home with her.
- I recently volunteered to assist with the planning of a baby shower, and when the topic of decorations came up, I mentioned that a diaper cake may be entertaining, and I volunteered to do the actual making.
Yes, I stated that we should bake our own diaper cake.
Gathering Your Diaper Cake Supplies
- For starters, you’ll need to acquire a few basic items before you can begin working on your diaper cake. A trip at the dollar shop was among my first destinations, where I was able to pick up a few of amusing trinkets. The following is a list of the items I used: A large plate or cardboard circle (I used a 13-inch dollar store ″charger″ plate)
- an empty cardboard tube from a roll of paper toweling
- and a large piece of string or yarn.
- Rubber bands (which I already had in my stock)
- string (which I also already had in my collection)
- The following items are required: wide ribbon (I got a roll of 1-1/2′′ ribbon at the dollar shop)
- tape, pins, or a hot glue gun (for fastening the ribbon)
- embellishments (I used dollar store small rubber duckies!
- Disposable diapers (see below for additional information on diapers)
- For starters, you’ll need to acquire a few basic items before you begin working on your diaper cake.
- After that, it went on to a few different dollar stores, where I found some amusing trinkets.
- Here’s a list of the items I used to create this project: A large plate or cardboard circle (I used a 13-inch dollar store ″charger″ plate); an empty cardboard tube from a roll of paper toweling; and a huge piece of string.
- Rubber bands (which I already had on hand); string (which I already had on hand);
The following items are required: wide ribbon (I got a roll of 1-1/2′′ ribbon at the dollar shop); tape, pins, or a hot glue gun (for fastening the ribbon); embellishments (I used dollar store small rubber duckies!)
Diapers that are disposable (see below for further information on diapers).
How Many Diapers Do You Need to Make A Diaper Cake?
- The diapers, of course, are the most important component of your diaper cake.
- I chose to use Size 1 disposable diapers because, while they were not the tiniest newborn size available, they were still tiny enough to be useful for getting a new baby started.
- I ended up using 50 diapers for my diaper cake, and I would recommend that as the very minimum number of diapers you would use.
- There is no doubt that you could construct a larger cake with more or larger layers, but using 50 diapers will give you a diaper cake that is around 14 inches tall, which is a good height for a centerpiece.
The only little inconvenience you may have with the 50 diaper purchase is the manner in which the diapers are packed.The size 1 diapers I ordered arrived in a 44-pack, which means I had to buy two packs and still had a lot of diapers left over after washing them.I just brought my spare diapers to the baby shower and made sure to send them home with the mom-to-be once she had finished with them.
Diaper Cake Step-By-Step Assembly Instructions
- Start assembling your diaper cake as soon as you’ve acquired all of the necessary materials. The steps I took were as follows: Preparing the Diapers — Because you will be standing the diapers up on their sides, you will need to wrap them up into little bundles before using them. I folded/rolled the size 1 diapers into thirds and then attached them with a rubber band for the size 1 diapers that I had used. A small portion of the print pattern on the diapers that I used was rolled to the inside in order to display as much of the white section of the diaper as possible. In Step 2, you’ll assemble the bottom layer of your plate by placing a cardboard paper toweling tube in the center of your plate (you can tape it to the plate to make it more secure if you wish). Begin to wrap the diaper bundles around the tube’s inside. I used 29 diapers for my bottom tier, which resulted in three layers of diapers around the tube in the end. Step 3: Tie a Thread Around the Tier — Once you’ve positioned the diaper bundles for the first layer around the cardboard tube, you’ll want to secure them in place by tying a string around each of them. For the second tier, you’ll want to do the same thing. Tie the string in a small knot in the middle of the tier, in the same location as the rubberbands, and trim any leftover ends of the string short. Repeat with the other