– Add more eggs. For instance, if the box calls for two eggs, add a third. This will make the cake taste richer. – Increase the amount of sugar. Do this carefully, though. Consider adding maybe 10% or 20% more than the box calls for. – Pour in more vanilla. More vanilla may add more flavor and enrich your boxed cake. Like with sugar, only add 10% or 20% more.
How to improve a boxed cake mix?
10 Box Cake Mix Hacks (How to Improve a Boxed Cake Mix) 1 1 – Bye Bye Water. Most box cake mix recipes have water. Water just won’t do if you want a nice rich cake. So ditch the water and replace it with 2 2 – Coffee in Cake? 3 3 – More Eggs! 4 4 – Zesty. 5 5 – Waffles? More items
What can I add to cake mix to make it taste better?
Add a yolk: While most boxed cake mixes will call for about three eggs, adding an extra egg yolk adds flavor and richness. If you prefer your chocolate cake to be on the fudgey, decadent side, add an extra yolk. 6. Instant pudding for instant moisture: While you’re browsing the baking aisle for your fave mix, grab a box of instant pudding too.
How do you add Fruit to a box cake mix?
Adding fruit to a cake makes it seem more elegant, and there are many ways to incorporate it into a box cake mix. One way is to add a few spoonfuls of fruit preserves into the batter and swirl it around before baking. Chocolate cake will quickly turn into chocolate-raspberry cake.
How do you add zest to a cake mix?
Fold the mix-in into the batter last, adding up to 1 cup. Make a cake with a citrus punch, replacing the water with juice and adding lots of zest. Try orange, lemon, or lemon-lime. Add lemon and lime zest to a cake made with lemon-lime soda for the liquid. A little more vanilla is never a bad thing.
How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
Step 1: Look at the directions on the cake mix. Step 2: Add one more egg (or add 2 if you want it to be very rich). Step 3: Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount. Step 4: Instead of water, use whole milk.
What can I add to box cake to make it better?
Most box cake recipes call for vegetable or canola oil. The only trouble is, these oils have almost no flavor. Replace the oil with an equal amount of melted butter (and a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter), to boost richness. For an extra decadent cake, add two tablespoons of mayonnaise.
How do you perk a box cake mix?
Boxed cake mix goes from ho-hum to yum with just a few simple additions that are probably already in the pantry.
- Berries or Preserves.
- Food Coloring Stripes.
- Chocolate Chips/Sprinkles.
- Canned Pumpkin.
- Cookie Crumbles.
- Chocolate or Caramel Syrup.
How do you make boxed box taste homemade?
Try adding a few of these tips to your box cake mix taste better!
- Use milk instead of water.
- Add extra eggs.
- Add sugar and flour to the dry mix.
- Use coffee instead of water for chocolate cakes.
- Sour Cream is perfect for adding moisture and rich flavor.
- Pudding adds moisture and flavor.
Why is my box cake crumbly but moist?
What causes a cake to be dry and/or crumbly? A. To keep your cake from getting dry or crumbly, use all the eggs called for in the package directions and use large eggs, rather than small ones. If you’re not sure what size eggs you have, measure them: 3 whole large eggs equals 2/3 cup; 3 egg whites equals 1/2 cup.
What happens if you put more eggs in a cake?
However, if you add too many eggs to your cake batter, then your end result could be spongy, rubbery, or dense. Like flour, eggs build structure in a cake, so they make a cake batter more bonded and dense.
How do you make a box cake taste professional?
- The only directions to note are that whatever the back of the box directs you to use, you have to:
- Add an additional egg.
- Replace the water with milk, same amounts.
- Replace the oil with melted butter. DOUBLE the amount.
- Cook with the same directions that are printed on the box.
How do you make a box cake more dense for stacking?
You can try any of the following: adding a 1 oz. package of pudding (any flavor that complements the cake’s flavor profile), adding 1-2 egg yolks (along with the eggs called for on the box), or substituting milk for the water called for on the box. I hope this is helpful to you.
How do you make a box cake taste better Reddit?
Add extra egg, use milk not water, put a pack of dry pudding mix in.
I am not too familiar with boxed cakes in the US, but usually what I do:
- Add one more egg if you want more volume.
- Separate the yolks from the whites, add the yolks (with added flavoring like vanilla or lemon zest if you want) to the dry ingredients.
What can you add to yellow cake mix?
Add a Few Fun Mix-Ins
For vanilla or yellow cake mixes, try adding diced crystallized ginger, dried fruit, or fresh berries. For chocolate or vanilla cake mixes, try adding unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted chopped nuts, or chocolate chips.
Can you add already made pudding to cake mix?
Adding Pudding to Cake Mix
When it comes to adding pudding to a cake mix, many pound cake recipes made with box mixes call for regular or instant pudding mix. This ingredient adds density to the cake.
Can I add fresh fruit to a cake mix?
Add Fruit or Nuts
Give the cake mix more flavor, nutrients, and excitement by adding fruit, chocolate chips, or nuts. Keep in mind when adding these ingredients, you should adjust the cooking times accordingly.
Does adding sour cream to cake mix make it moist?
Adding mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or melted ice cream to boxed cake mix can make the finished product moist and rich. Swapping out ingredients, like oil for butter or milk for water, will take a boxed cake to the next level. Things like coffee, soda, and spices will help to amplify the flavors in a boxed cake.
What is a secret ingredient to moisten cakes?
Olive oil in the batter is the secret to a moist, tender cake with lots of character.
How do you moisten dry cake?
Here are five tips for how to moisten a dry cake once it’s already been baked.
- Brush with simple syrup glaze. Velez recommends adding a simple syrup glaze to your cake layers if they end up coming out too dry.
- Soak your cake in milk.
- Fill the cake with mousse or jam.
- Frost the cake.
- Stick it in the fridge.
How to make a box cake taste like bakery cake?
How to elevate boxed cake mix?
How To Elevate A Boxed Cake Mix? The first step is to look at the cake mix directions. The second step is to add one more egg (or two if you want it to be very rich). You can use melted butter instead of oil in step 3. You can substitute whole milk for water in step 4. Table of contents.
How to improve boxed cake mix?
– 8 ounces softened cream cheese – 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter – 3/4 to 1 pound confectioner’s sugar – 1 tsp vanilla extract – 1 tsp orange juice – 1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional — but you know what I’d say about adding them)
10 Box Cake Mix Hacks (How to Improve a Boxed Cake Mix)
- It is possible that this content contains affiliate links.
- If you choose to make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, I may get a commission at no additional cost to you.
- Aside from that, I earn money as an Amazon Associate when people make eligible purchases.
- We all know that using a box mix to create a cake is one of the quickest and most dependable methods of baking a cake.
- Packaged mixes are inexpensive, simple to assemble, and nearly always provide a delicious result.
- So what’s the point of messing with perfection?
Perhaps you like a cake that is a little bit more original in its design.Perhaps you want to add a little something special to that box mix so that no one knows your cake was truly created by Betty Crocker.For whatever reason, you may believe that a box mix cake can be made a little bit better.Any of these thoughts may be running through your head right now, and this blog article is for you!
Throughout this article, I will highlight a few tasty and simple hacks that will make your box cake mix even more wonderful.For those of you who want to be truly innovative, consider converting the cake mix into brownies!
1 – Bye Bye Water
- Water is used in the majority of box cake mix recipes.
- If you want a thick, moist cake, water just will not enough.
- Toss away the water and replace it with whole milk instead (be sure to check out the differences in milk and buttermilk in cake).
- The use of whole milk will give the cake more fat, which will result in a softer mouth feel and a smoother flavor.
- If you don’t have whole milk on hand, two percent or skim will suffice; anything is preferable than plain old water in this case!
- Heavy cream or half-and-half should be avoided since they are a touch too rich (too much fat can mess with your recipe is a negative way so stick with the milks rather than the creams).
If your recipe calls for one cup of water, you may simply substitute one cup of milk for the water.With only one ingredient substitution, you can create a box cake that tastes like it came right from the bakery shelf!
2 – Coffee in Cake?
- For a chocolate box cake, you should absolutely use coffee instead of water while you are mixing the batter.
- By incorporating coffee into the cake, you will be able to increase the chocolate flavor while making the cake even more exquisite.
- Interestingly, you will not detect any coffee flavor at all; instead, you will taste more chocolate!
- For this simple hack, replace the water in the recipe with an equal amount of coffee to make it taste better.
- This is also a fantastic way to make use of any leftover coffee…
3 – More Eggs!
- Most box cake mixes call for one or two eggs to be added, but what if you add just one additional egg to your batter?
- What would be the outcome?
- That’s what I’m talking about.
- Adding an extra egg will make your cake more moist and thick, which is a wonderful combination.
- It will thicken the cake and make it taste like it was created entirely from scratch, with no box in sight!
- Your cake will be altered with the addition of only one more egg.
If you prefer not to use eggs in your baking, be sure to check out these egg alternatives in cake!
4 – Zesty
- When it comes to baking, a single small additional ingredient may make all the difference in the world.
- In this instance, I’m referring to the addition of lemon zest to a boxed cake mix.
- Your simple, vanilla box cake will be transformed into something spectacular with only a teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Bright fruit tastes will show through in every slice of cake, and you may customize the cake with your own special touch.
- However, whereas lemon zest is excellent for vanilla and white cakes, orange zest is a superior choice for chocolate cakes.
5 – Waffles?
- This short tip is mainly about how to get your cake to you as quickly as possible.
- After you’ve finished mixing and measuring, you’ll most likely want to enjoy your cake right away—no one wants to be stuck waiting for the cake to finish baking!
- Pouring the batter onto a waffle maker is a quick and easy option to putting cake into your mouth straight away.
- A waffle maker is a very affordable appliance that you can simply acquire on Amazon if you don’t already have one in your home.
- Having one in your kitchen is undoubtedly entertaining, and there are a variety of baking techniques you can employ with it.
- [Read more…] about Cooking time for cake batter in waffle machines is around 3-5 minutes, resulting in golden brown cake waffles.
There will be no more waiting for cake, since the entire process, from opening the box to taking the first slice, will take no more than 10 minutes thanks to this brilliant hack.
6 – Slow Cook It
- Pour the cake mix and any remaining can of fruit filling into a slow cooker and set the slow cooker to low (a can of cherry filling for a chocolate cake mix, a can of strawberry filling for a strawberry cake mix or maybe a can of pumpkin to a vanilla cake mix).
- Leave the slow cooker running while you go about your business.
- Approximately four hours later, you will be enjoying one of the moistest cakes you have ever tasted.
- In contrast to baking a cake in a conventional oven, slow cookers keep moisture in while the cake cooks.
- As a result, no moisture is lost throughout the baking process.
- The fruit filling also contributes a significant amount of moisture to the cake.
With its soft texture and gooey center, this is an entirely new way to make a cake!
7 – We Want Butter!
- Most box cake mixes will call for the use of oil, but do you know what is even better than oil?
- Simply put, butter is superior to margarine every time.
- By substituting butter for the oil in the cake recipe, you will be able to get a more nuanced flavor as well as a beautiful richness that is impossible to achieve with oil.
- The butter should be melted before it is added to the batter, if you are using any.
- You should also use twice as much butter as you would oil.
If the recipe calls for half a cup of oil, you’ll need one cup of butter instead.It’s simple to make the switch to a richer cake!
8 – Spicy
- The majority of box cake mixes are really straightforward and uncomplicated.
- White cake here, vanilla cake there…
- there isn’t a whole lot of variation here, to be honest.
- Add additional spices to the mix to break up the monotony and make it more interesting.
- Spices should be chosen in accordance with the taste profile you are attempting to produce.
- Is it fall, and you’re looking for a cake that smells like fall?
Take a handful of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, or allspice (or all of the above!) and sprinkle a pinch of each into your mixture.By incorporating a little of chili powder into your chocolate cake, you can create a Mexican chocolate cake that has a wonderful bite to it.Use your imagination when it comes to experimenting with different spices.In cake batter, a small amount of vanilla essence goes a long way.
It is possible that boxed cake mixes lose their flavor after being on shop shelves for an extended period of time.With the addition of vanilla extract, those flavors will come back to life, since vanilla will enhance the flavors of everything around it.But don’t stop there; try incorporating almond or maple extract into your vanilla cakes as well.While a drop or two of mint extract in a chocolate cake would certainly please the senses, the addition of lavender extract to a strawberry cake will be delightfully surprising.
Thank you, extracts, for their simplicity and versatility!
10 – Anything Else…
- Box cake mixes are so versatile and versatile that you can pretty much toss anything you want into the batter and get a delicious result.
- Anything from peanut butter cups to chocolate chips to cookie crumbs to fresh berries to pumpkin puree may be used into a box cake mix.
- Despite the fact that some ″mix-ins″ may alter the texture of the cake (frozen berries, for example, will add moisture and make the cake more thick), they are really simple to include into the cake batter to produce a unique and interesting new sort of cake of your own design.
- Take a look inside your cabinet to discover what you have!
- I’ll take a handful of chocolate chips in my box cake mix, along with some sliced strawberries, please!
- You will never look at a simple box of cake mix in the same way again after reading all of these fantastic box cake mix hacks, I am certain of it.
There are so many methods to improve the flavor of a box mix that it almost seems ridiculous to prepare a cake from scratch again.It’s time to put on your chef’s hat and start brainstorming about what sorts of cakes you’d want to bake first.Break out that box mix and only use the’recipe’ as a general guideline—you’ll be able to come up with some incredible new cake tastes as a result of these fantastic hacks!Which of these hacks is your personal favorite?
Do you happen to have some of your own?Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!Check out our post on how to make a cake when you’re short on ingredients for additional cake-baking tips and tricks.
How to Upgrade Boxed Cake Mix — Style Sweet
- I’m not a big fan of boxed cake mixes in general, but that doesn’t mean I can’t understand the attraction in this case.
- I get what you’re saying.
- The convenience and ease of using pre-measured components, as well as a method that is practically foolproof.
- And I’d be lying if I told you that I never use boxed mixes in my cooking.
- When I’m not blogging, I’m usually here sharing my best baking tips and techniques, pushing you all to attempt new and challenging things in the kitchen, and serving as your greatest cheerleader when it comes to getting your hands dirty and making something genuinely handmade.
- But, as I previously stated, I completely understand the need for a little assistance when you require it.
Instead of being so critical of boxed cake mixes, I’m going to share some of my favorite ways to jazz up a boxed cake mix!Why?Because, at the end of the day, baking a cake from a box is still baking, and it does not necessitate a trip to the supermarket bakery counter.As of Friday, two days before Valentine’s Day, if you are completely overwhelmed with what to create or get your sweetie and can’t imagine embarking on a massive from-scratch baking endeavor, at the very least check out some (if not all) of the boxed cake mix enhancements listed below.
1.Substitute melted unsalted butter for vegetable or canola oil in a boxed cake mix: Instead of using vegetable or canola oil, which is commonly called for in a boxed cake mix, consider using melted unsalted butter.When making a cake from scratch, the butter and sugar are blended together.There’s no need to do this step if you want to keep that rich, savory, handmade flavour.
Add a teaspoon or two of genuine vanilla extract (not the fake variety) to the recipe to enhance the tastes.2.Use pure vanilla extract: Even in a chocolate cake, a small amount of vanilla may make a significant difference.You might even wish to experiment with a dab of almond extract!
- 3: Incorporate instant espresso or coffee: In many chocolate baked items, like brownies and cookies, using some instant espresso or coffee enhances the chocolaty flavor.
- In this scenario, strong coffee might be substituted for part of the water.
- Incorporate dairy: To make the dish more richer, replace milk, buttermilk, or even sour cream for the remaining quantities of water.
- When dealing with chocolate cake, sour cream is a fantastic choice since it not only adds a little of fat (think rich and soft!
- ), but the acidity also works nicely with the chocolate flavor of the cake.
- Add an additional egg yolk: While most boxed cake mixes ask for three eggs, adding an extra egg yolk enhances the flavor and richness of the cake.
- If you like your chocolate cake to be a little more fudgey and delicious, you may add an additional yolk.
- In addition to your favorite baking mix, pick up a box of instant pudding when you’re in the baking aisle looking for your favorite recipe.
The addition of this to the batter makes the cake even more moist.7.Add extra chocolate chips for good measure: More chocolate is never a bad thing.Mini chocolate chips are preferable to regular chocolate chips since they do not sink to the bottom of the batter as quickly.8.
Use a packaged cake and homemade icing together: Do you want a genuine upgrade?Frost your boxed cake with homemade fudge icing made from scratch.Brit + Co has a detailed explanation on how to utilize the dessert ″hacks,″ which you can find here.
7 Ways to Perk Up Boxed Cake Mix
- No question that whipping up a cake from scratch is far more time-consuming than measuring and combining all of the components from scratch, but who wants a cake that’s so mediocre?
- While boxed cake mix may be delicious, it has a reputation for being bland and uninteresting.
- However, it is simple to transform a boxed cake mix into something delectable in a short amount of time and without the need to purchase any additional unique ingredients.
- Guests would believe that these doctored-up cakes from a box took hours to create instead of minutes.
- A cake that has fruit in it appears more sophisticated, and there are several methods to incorporate fruit into a box cake mix.
- The addition of a few spoonfuls of fruit preserves into the batter and swirling it around before baking is one method..
- Chocolate cake will swiftly transform into chocolate-raspberry cake if not served immediately.
- Instead of placing frosting between each layer of cake when preparing a layered cake, spread preserves between each layer of cake before icing the top and edges of the cake.
- Or, if you are using frosting between each layer of cake, you may put a layer of fresh berries on top of each layer of icing before assembling the cake.
- The end product is a cake that is both fresh and tasty.
- It is not just the flavors that may make a cake intriguing; it is also the design.
- Its look might be as as tempting as its taste.
- Split the mixture into various sections (depending on how many layers the cake has) and add food coloring to each component of the batter so that when it has been stacked and iced, the cake will appear to have a striped appearance when it is cut into.
- Alternate colors such as pink and white, or create an ombre look by using varying saturations of a single hue, or be very creative and design a full rainbow of cake layers to impress your friends and family.
- When you add texture or color to a cake, it becomes more exciting to eat as well as to look at.
- Using chocolate chips or colored sprinkles is a simple approach to accomplish this goal.
- Preparing the batter is as simple as stirring in a cup of each of these ingredients before baking.
- While the chocolate chips will not give the cake a cookie flavor, they will give it a cookie-like texture and appearance.
- Colored sprinkles will provide a colorful burst to the cake, similar to confetti dropping through the cake, providing a playful appearance.
- Any boxed cake mix can benefit from the addition of crushed candy bars to give it a distinctive taste.
- It is true that a peanut butter and chocolate bar will taste very different from a toffee bar or a butterscotch flavored bar, yet they would all be great regardless of the flavor.
- Selections should be made from candy bars that aren’t too mushy and can be readily cut into little bits or crushed with the wide flat edge of a sharp knife.
- You may either fold in the candy bar pieces directly into the batter or use them as a filling between each cake layer, mixing with a small amount of icing to hold the layers together.
When you add one can of pumpkin to the dry cake mix, you’ll get a really moist and tasty cake that’s perfect for the fall season, but it’s also excellent any time of year. Add cinnamon and nutmeg to make it even tastier and more flavorful. They won’t believe you if you tell them that this cake wasn’t created from scratch.
- Cookies may also be used to add taste to a variety of desserts.
- Chocolate sandwich cookies and chocolate mint cookies are two tastes that might be a wonderful compliment to a cake in this flavor combination.
- Crush the cookies and then combine them with enough frosting to make a spreadable mixture to be spread between each of the cake’s layers.
- Not only will they taste good, but they will also offer a crunchy texture to the cake that will appeal to a wide range of people.
- When you combine cake batter with a few tablespoons of chocolate or caramel syrup, you get a cake that is both delicious and artistically appealing.
- Use caution when adding either of these to a white or yellow boxed cake mix, as the syrup will create a swirl or marbleized look in the batter rather than mixing it throughout the batter and altering its color fully as you would with a red or blue boxed cake mix.
- The cake will be moist and flavorful, thanks to the addition of the syrup.
- The original publication date was September 17, 2012.
Boxed Cake Mix FAQ
What can I add to cake mix?
It is not just the flavors that may make a cake intriguing; it is also the design. Divide the mixture into many sections and add food coloring to each portion of the batter before layering and frosting the cake. When sliced into, the cake will seem to have stripes on the surface because of the food coloring used in each component of the batter.
What can you add to a box cake mix to make it taste better?
To make the cookie crumbles, crumble the cookies and combine them with enough frosting to put the mixture between each of the cake layers. Not only will they taste good, but they will also offer a crunchy texture to the cake that will appeal to a wide range of people.
How can I make a boxed chocolate cake mix better?
The addition of a few spoonfuls of fruit preserves into the batter and swirling it around before baking is one method.. Chocolate cake will swiftly transform into chocolate-raspberry cake if not served immediately.
How do you make a box cake look professional?
When you add texture or color to a cake, it becomes more exciting to eat as well as to look at. Using chocolate chips or colored sprinkles is a simple approach to accomplish this goal. Preparing the batter is as simple as stirring in a cup of each of these ingredients before baking.
What can I add to vanilla cake mix?
When you combine cake batter with a few tablespoons of chocolate or caramel syrup, you get a cake that is both delicious and artistically appealing. It’s important to carefully fold the syrup into the batter when using either of these ingredients in a white or yellow boxed cake mix to avoid creating a swirled or marbleized look in the batter.
9 Ways to Elevate Cake Mix
- The Pioneer Woman recommends baking at 350 degrees.
- The Pioneer Woman recommends baking at 350 degrees.
- If you’ve ever baked a cake from a box, raise your hand.
- As much as we’d all prefer a handcrafted cake, let’s admit that a cake mix may come in handy or be the right element in a recipe from time to time.
- Recipes like Ree’s Christmas Rum Cake and these Caramel Brownies are two of my favorite instances of cake mix adoration.
- Those are two delectable desserts created with cake mix that are sure to please.
With a few simple methods, any cake mix can be transformed into something that tastes more like handmade.Pick any of the suggestions on this list—or mix a couple of them!
1 – Use an extra egg
The majority of packaged mixes will ask for three eggs. Four eggs will result in a cake that is richer in flavor and moister in texture. This is a trick that I use almost every time I bake a cake using a boxed cake mix recipe.
2 – Substitute dairy
Dairy should be used in lieu of the water specified on the packaging. Buttermilk is my personal favorite since it has a slight tang to it. Cake with dairy has a richer, more handmade flavor because of the fat.
3 – Replace water with other liquids
If you do not want to use dairy products, you can substitute another liquid for the water to give it more taste. Use coffee to make a rich, dark chocolate cake, or ginger ale to make a light and brilliant yellow cake, depending on your preference. In order to obtain the additional fat, use 3/4 cup liquid and 1/4 cup sour cream or buttermilk in conjunction with dairy.
4 – Add a mix-in
Mix-ins always make a cake stand out and make it taste more like it was created from scratch. A coconut cream and shredded coconut combination is one of my favorites. Fold in the mix-ins last, up to 1 cup at a time, until the batter is smooth.
5 – Go all-citrus
To make a cake with citrus punch, replace the water with juice and add heaps of zest to the batter before baking. Orange, lemon, or lemon-lime are all good options. If you’re making a cake with lemon-lime soda as the liquid, add some lemon and lime zest to it.
6 – Add extracts
An increase in the amount of vanilla is never a negative thing. Increase the taste by adding an additional teaspoon or so of extract. Vanilla extract is usually a good choice, but any extract may be used to improve a flavor. Maybe a teaspoon of almond essence in your strawberry cake mix would be a good idea.
7 – Put some pudding in the mix
Add a small box of pudding mix to the cake mix and stir thoroughly. (Please do not prepare the pudding.) The inclusion of the mix provides more flavor, moistness, and a denser texture to the cake.
8 – Make a filling
- A filling in the center shouts (or at the very least respectfully says) ″homemade!″ without a doubt.
- To make a simple version, combine 1 cup mini chocolate chips with 1/2 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped pecans in a large mixing bowl.
- Half of the cake batter should be poured into a Bundt pan.
- Place the filling ingredients on top of the crust.
- Bake the remaining cake batter on top of the filling until it is golden brown.
9 – Frost with a homemade frosting
- Now, I’ll admit that I enjoy canned frosting—but only when it’s smeared over graham crackers rather than cakes.
- Top a cake mix cake with a handmade frosting to give it a more sophisticated appearance.
- A handmade frosting does not have to be elaborate or time-consuming, but it will elevate your cake to a higher degree of sophistication.
- Try the Fluffy Mocha Frosting on a Devil’s Food Cake or a Yellow Cake at this location.
- What’s even stranger is that I’ve suddenly developed a taste for cake.
- You, as well?
If you’ve tried any of the above or have any further ideas, I’d love to hear about them!This material was generated and maintained by a third party and imported onto this website in order to assist users in providing their email addresses for further consideration.You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
5 Ways To Upgrade Boxed Cake Mix
- 1 Substitute melted butter for the oil.
- Not only does it give the cake a deeper, more homey flavor, but it also makes it very light and fluffy as a result of the baking powder.
- Using melted butter as a substitute for vegetable oil results in a roughly same amount of melted butter.
- Here’s where you’ll discover our substitute guide (as well as a homage to why butter is superior).
- Also, you may put this idea to the test by baking our Twinkie bundt cake recipe.
- 2 Add a box of pudding mix to the mix.
Have you ever had the impression that a chocolate cake mix was missing in the fudge factor?Or is it that the vanilla cake mix is a bit spongy and lacks a strong flavor?The same old, same old.The solution: pudding mix from a box.
Cakes with this ingredient have a significantly better taste and texture.We use it as the secret ingredient in our Matilda-inspired chocolate cake, which has become one of Delish’s most famous recipes.3 To finish, add a generous dollop of sour cream.(Or yogurt, for that matter!) But hold just a minute, there is more!
The inclusion of a second dairy component, such as sour cream or yogurt, imparts a slight creaminess to the dish.As long as you limit it to a half cup or less, there is no need to make any further adjustments to the recipe’s other ingredient proportions.You’ll see what I mean if you try this doughnut cake.4 Make a beeline for the drinks.
- Fireball or tequila may transform a batch of cupcakes from ten to one thousand in a matter of minutes.
- Our general rule of thumb is to add equal portions hard alcohol and water to the batter while maintaining the overall amount of liquid.
- (12 cup water is required by many cake mixes.) 12 cup water and 12 cup booze will be used in this recipe.) 5 Fill the glass with your preferred soda.
- Cake mix and a 12-ounce can of soda are mixed together, and the cake is baked as usual.
- Yes, the eggs and the oil should be left out.
- The cake rises marvelously and has a mild but delightful taste of cola that complements the rest of the cake.
- like Dr.
- Pepper or Sprite, for example.
- You’re free to be yourself.
- Lauren Miyashiro is the Food Director for the company.
Lauren Miyashiro is a recipe developer who contributes to Delish and was previously the Food Director at the company.This material was generated and maintained by a third party and imported onto this website in order to assist users in providing their email addresses for further consideration.You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
10 Ways to Upgrade Boxed Cake Mix, From a Pro Baker
- While cake mixes, even the highest-quality ones, can’t quite match the flavor of a cake baked from scratch (due to the preservatives and chemicals required to keep it shelf-stable), we’ve all certainly made or eaten one at some time in our lives.
- Whether you’re short on time, searching for convenience, or aren’t a super-confident baker (yet!
- ), there will be occasions when a boxed cake mix is the best option for you.
- The good news is that there are several methods to improve the flavor of boxed cake mixes, ranging from traditional yellow cake to rich chocolate fudge cake.
- The following are ten delicious methods to improve on a boxed cake mix, ranging from enriching it with various components to changing it into a completely other dessert entirely (cake batter ice cream, here you come).
- Before we get started, a short word on safety: If you’re concerned about food safety, boxed cake mixes include flour, which you should avoid ingesting uncooked if possible.
In the case of recipes and concepts that do not require baking (such as ice cream), you can and should proceed with caution and bake the mix first.Using a sheet pan, spread the mixture and bake it for about 5 minutes at 350°F.Keep an eye on it and remove it from the oven before it begins to brown.Allow it to cool fully before putting it to use as you see fit.
1. Up the Richness
- It doesn’t matter what kind of boxed cake mix you’re using; one dependable method of boosting the flavor is to add one egg yolk in addition to the eggs already asked for.
- Alternatively, melted butter can be used in place of oil if the recipe calls for it.
- Adding an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter will intensify the richness (this quantity will not have a detrimental effect on the texture or crumb).
- If water is specified as the liquid, whole milk can be used in its place.
- You may also experiment with adding up to 1/4 cup of sour cream or crème fraîche to the recipe.
- Since chocolate cakes tend to have a moister crumb in the first place, I find that this technique works best with them.
2. Amplify the Flavor
There are times when more is more, and this is one of those instances.Take the seasoning that is already in your boxed mix and increase the amount of it: For example, if you’re creating a vanilla cake mix, you may add an additional teaspoon or two of vanilla extract, or a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste.Add a sprinkle of espresso powder to a chocolate cake mix to make it more decadent (this will boost the chocolate flavor without adding any coffee taste).If you’re making a coffeecake, you may add more cinnamon.
- Do you have a lemon cake mix?
- Toss with some freshly grated lemon zest.
3. Add a Few Fun Mix-Ins
Mix-ins may enhance the flavor of practically any cake, just as they can enhance the flavor of a pint of ice cream.A common rule of thumb is to limit yourself to 1 cup (or less) of mix-ins.Add chopped crystallized ginger, dried fruit, or fresh berries to vanilla or yellow cake mixes to make them more interesting.Try adding unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted chopped almonds, or chocolate chips to chocolate or vanilla cake mixes instead of the usual frosting.
- You can also branch out from the fundamentals and try something different: Add in candied fennel seeds or broken graham crackers (use up to 1/2 cup to avoid the cake being too dry), or swirl in Nutella to finish.
- It’s possible to flavor your cake mix with spices such as turmeric, saffron, cardamom, or even loose tea (I prefer matcha and Earl Grey); use 1 to 2 tablespoons per box of cake mix to achieve the desired taste.
4. Give it a Soak
In addition to using a soak or syrup, you may also use a glaze to add flavor and moisture to your cake.Pour your warm cake with a simple syrup (made with a 1:1 ratio of sugar to water) that you’ve made before.It is possible to flavor the simple syrup with almost anything you choose (think: citrus, bourbon, coffee, honey, mint, you name it).Don’t be concerned about the amount of sugar in the syrup; it mostly serves to give moisture and flavor (if you’ve infused it with one) rather than sweetness.
- If you want it to be a little sweeter and have a more caramelized flavor, produce a rich simple syrup (using a 2:1 ratio of sugar to water) and use turbinado sugar in place of the regular sugar.
5. Turn it Into Ice Cream
Because cake and ice cream are such good companions, you should think of taking the combo one step further.As an alternative to serving cake with ice cream, try making cake batter ice cream instead.Here’s how you go about it: Using a knife, cut the cake mix in half.Bake one half of the cookie dough according to the package directions; allow it to cool before crumbling it into little bits.
- Next, create a normal ice cream custard foundation (using any vanilla ice cream recipe you choose), but add 1 cup of the remaining dry cake mix every 1-quart batch of ice cream.
- Repeat this process for the remaining dry cake mix.
- Because the cake mix is sweet, I prefer to reduce the sugar in the ice cream recipe by a small amount, but this is entirely up to you.
Finally, churn the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s directions on your machine and, just before it is completely frozen, fold in the cake bits that have been baked into the ice cream.To really up the ante, you may also add sprinkles and a swirl of homemade buttercream frosting to the cake before baking.
6. Raise the (Cereal) Bar
Rice Krispies Treats are delicious in their most basic form, but they also provide an excellent canvas for experimenting with other tastes (like cinnamon and sugar, espresso and chocolate, or peanut butter).What the cake mix is for is as follows: Beginning with a batch of Rice Krispies Treats as you normally would (you can also use other cereals like Kix or Cheerios).When you’re through melting the marshmallows in the butter, add 1/2 to 1 cup of dry boxed cake mix and combine well.As a result, what happened?
- Bars made from cake batter!
- Forewarned, they are quite delicious.
- The sugar cannot be reduced too much since the marshmallow quantity is necessary to get the desired texture, but if you enjoy sweet sweets, then you’ll be OK with this variation.
7. Make Cookies
Cookie styles that are referred to be ″soft-batch″ or ″soft-baked″ are a type of store-bought cookies that I have always like.It’s impossible to replicate the texture at home since it’s more than just chewy or soft; rather, it’s a great blend of the two.It turns out that using a boxed cake mix is the key to successfully completing them.Each way produces a somewhat different cookie, so experiment and determine which method you enjoy the most.
- The first way is as follows: Combine a whole box of dry cake mix with 1/2 cup melted butter and two eggs in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown, after mixing into a dough and dropping large spoonfuls on a cookie sheet The second approach is to start with your favorite sugar cookie or chocolate chip cookie recipe and substitute 1 3/4 cups boxed cake mix for an equivalent quantity of the all-purpose flour called for in the recipe; bake them according to the recipe directions and serve them immediately.
8. Use it for a Trifle
While a boxed cake mix may not produce the most tasting cake on its own, when combined with other from-scratch ingredients, it can provide a great dessert.Here comes the trifle.To begin, bake the cake according to the package directions and allow it to cool completely.Once it has cooled, cut it into 2-inch slices to serve (or crumble it into large pieces).
- Next, prepare a handmade pastry cream or custard to serve with the cake.
- You may make a pure vanilla version or experiment with different flavors such as chocolate, coconut, or coffee.
- You might also flavor the custard or pastry cream by adding ingredients while it is still heated (sliced bananas or stirred-in almond paste would both work well).
Allow the custard or cream to cool completely before layering it with bits of cake in a large mixing bowl until everything is well-combined.Consider adding additional layers, such as whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce or jam, or fresh fruit to your dessert.Just make sure that the flavors of all of the components are complementary to one another.
Wait approximately 30 minutes before serving the final trifle so that the layers have a chance to melt together.If you wait too long, the cake will become mushy.
9. Waffle It
The ability to think beyond the box is something that any baker would benefit from mastering.We’re going to take it literally here: Follow the recipe directions for creating the batter, but instead of baking the cake as directed on the box, pour the batter into a hot, oiled waffle iron and cook until golden brown.Use the same quantity of batter as you would for waffles, and prepare it in the same manner as waffles.You’ll have a cake in waffle form, replete with golden divots and crispy edges, at the conclusion of the process.
10. Bring on the frosting
For our final piece of cake inspiration, we’re going to go all-in on the cake-y flavor.Instead of baking the cake and frosting it with a regular buttercream, make a cake batter icing and use it to decorate the cake.You’ll finish up with a cake-on-cake extravaganza that’s fit for even the most extravagant birthday celebration.You should use a 1:1:3 ratio (which is one cup softened unsalted butter to one cup cake mix to three cups confectioners’ sugar) and mix it just like a conventional buttercream to make it.
- Another option is to mix in some boxed cake mix to a seven-minute frosting or another frosting recipe, such as whipped cream-based frosting or cream cheese frosting; aim for half a cup of boxed cake mix (at the most) every 3- to 4-cup batch of frosting.
- Oh, and did I forget to include the sprinkles?
- Including them in your icing is not a terrible idea at all, I repeat, not a bad idea.
Have you ever experimented with one of these approaches for enhancing a boxed cake mix?Tell us about it in the comments section!This post covers goods that have been picked (and appreciated) by our editors and writers on their own initiative.
Food52 receives a compensation if you make a qualified purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links.
Upgrade your cake mix with these TikTok recipes
Cake mix is a convenient and time-saving method of preparing a dessert, but there are occasions when nothing beats handmade!Thanks to the creativity of TikTokers, there are a plethora of creative ways to upgrade packaged cake mixes and combine them into delectable cake and pastry dishes.You may find inventive cake mix upgrades on TikTok, whether you’re looking for a tasty cake in a hurry or want to amaze your visitors with a home-baked cake.Here are five TikTok hacks to help you make a boxed cake mix look and taste better.
1. Pineapple upside-down cake
This stunning pineapple upside-down cake will wow your visitors because it was created with a packaged cake mix!To begin, heat the butter and brown sugar together to form a syrup.Pour the syrup into the bottom of a baking dish and set the dish aside.After that, arrange pineapple slices and maraschino cherries on top of the cake.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, blend the cake mix with the pineapple juice, butter, eggs, and crushed pineapple until well combined.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple slices and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- After that, flip the cake out onto a serving tray.
Allow it to cool before serving.See how a $1,000 budget transformed this little New York flat into something spectacular in just one day:
2. Keto-friendly pumpkin cake
This pumpkin cake that is keto-friendly is really tasty!Pour the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until well-combined (about 5 minutes).After that, add a generous amount of cinnamon and allspice.Bake the cake in a cake pan after you’ve poured the mixture into it.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting by combining cream cheese and low-carb white chocolate hazelnut spread in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, in a skillet, cook a handful of nuts in butter until fragrant.
- When the cake is finished, spread it with the cream cheese spread and sprinkle it with nuts before serving.
3. Red velvet cake
This red velvet cake is rich and indulgent, but it is also surprisingly simple to create.Begin by combining a white boxed cake mix, cocoa powder, sugar, and flour in a large mixing bowl.Then add in the milk, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla essence, sour cream, and red food coloring until everything is well combined.Once all of the ingredients have been blended, place them into a cake pan and bake until golden brown.
4. Lemon blueberry bundt cake
Whether served as a dessert or breakfast pastry, this lemon blueberry bundt cake is a winner. The ingredients are combined in a large mixing bowl: lemon cake mix; milk; eggs; butter; sour cream. Next, include frozen blueberries before pouring into a bundt pan and baking! Serve as-is or with store-bought frosting and homemade blueberry jam on top for a more festive look.
5. Strawberry shortcake brownies
What if I told you that you could create amazing brownies out of a cake mix?The ingredients for these strawberry shortcake brownies are made by combining strawberry cake mix, eggs, and butter.Bake in a baking pan after adding the ingredients.In the meantime, combine the crumbled shortbread biscuits and freeze-dried strawberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, using a mixer, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream to form a frosting.
- As soon as the brownies are finished, spread over the frosting and sprinkle with the strawberry crumbles.
- This Harlem bedroom receives a complete makeover for under $1,000 and one day, as follows: In The Know is now accessible on Apple News, and you can subscribe to it here.
Take a look at these TikTok keto recipes that only require three ingredients if you enjoyed this post.It all started with a cake mix, and then came these TikTok recipes, which appeared originally on In The Know.Here’s what else you should know from In The Know: 6 up-and-coming fashion labels you’ve probably never heard of before These three-ingredient keto dishes from TikTok will satisfy your cravings.
Aerie swimsuits are now on sale for $25 or less, so now is the time to stock up for the summer months.Consumers have rated this $30 office chair, which has received over 26,000 five-star ratings, as a ″5/5 in every area.″
AdLonely Mature Want Dates
Amazing Singles Can Be Found By Searching & Finding Them. Create a Positive First Impression. Find Love Right Away!
Do You Eat Your Movie Snacks During Trailers?
Taking a trip to the movies may be a fascinating study of the human condition.It’s unlikely that you’ll find another place where you can sit in complete stillness within shouting distance of dozens of strangers for two hours.In our modern times, it’s closer to three hours.If you spend enough time at the movie theater, you’ll realize that moviegoers are pretty choosy about the snacks they consume throughout their viewing experience.
- Some people swear on the pretzel nibbles from the concession counter, while others smuggle in complete meals.
- Others, on the other hand, rely only on the formidable ICEE.
Home Stomachache Remedies That Actually Work
Having an upset stomach is a painful condition that you must endure with determination and willpower.It is important to get rid of that gurgling, uneasy sensation as soon as possible, so you resort to what you are familiar with.Many of us grew up with our parents’ or caretakers’ go-to treatments for making our stomachs feel better, but were those therapies simply placebos or were they supported by scientific evidence?
AdWelke stap zet jij naar een fossielvrij leven?
What steps are you doing to have a fossiel-free life? Every action that you take leads to a negative outcome. We will assist you in your journey.
AdModerne, snellere scootmobielen beschikbaar
- Kijk eens naar de prijzen voor scootmobielen
AdJe woning in 2022 verkopen voor de beste prijs?
Discover your possible woningwaarde before to purchasing and receive free, no-obligation purchasing advice on the spot.
Costco Shoppers Are Obsessed with These Chocolate Desserts Sold in a Reusable Mason Jar
Costco is a one-stop shop where you can find almost anything.What are your go-to groceries for every day?Yes, without a doubt.Weeknight dishes that are quick and easy to prepare?
- There’s a lot of it.
- Are you looking for lounge chairs and other outdoor equipment to deck out your patio for the approaching summer season?
- Check, check, and check again.
But what are some of our favorite Costco finds?Desserts that are rich, creamy, and ooey-gooey, ranging from their iconic enormous cheesecakes to their most current creations.
22 Spinach & Mushroom Recipes That Are Perfect for Spring
The flavors of dishes such as our creamy skillet chicken with spinach and mushrooms, as well as our creamy mushroom & spinach soup with wild rice, are so delicious that you’ll want to make them again and again throughout the season.Recipe for healthy vegetarian quiche that is both delicious and easy to make.It’s stuffed with sweet wild mushrooms and salty Gruyère cheese, and it’s very delicious.
AdZo voorkomt u een leesbril
. And, if you look closely, you’ll see that some aspects of the scene are a little darker.
In spite of the fact that Schimmel tastte his face, his nagels, and his eyes to the ground, he has finally discovered a solution.
AdPrecisie droogscheren zonder crèmes of water.
RazorX is a cutting-edge solution for a quick and convenient daily scheerbeurt that is free of jams.
7 Ways to Make a Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade
The ease of a box mix cake is difficult to argue with, especially when you’re short on time and/or lack cake-baking experience. Nonetheless, if you want your dish to taste authentically homemade, consider one or more of these simple modifications. When you’re through, simply put the box away. We’re not going to tell.
1. Add More Eggs
To produce a cake that is even more rich and moist, add two more egg yolks to the mix along with the eggs called for in the recipe (save the egg whites to make these delicious meringues).When making cake, just use egg whites (save the yolks for crème brûlée) to make it lighter and more airy in texture.Remember that removing the yolks reduces the quantity of fat in the cake; thus, 1 tablespoon melted butter should be substituted for every egg eliminated.
2. Walk Away from Water
What does water taste like?It tastes like water.Make a substitution for it with another drink, ideally one with taste and fat in it.Whole milk or your preferred non-dairy milk can be substituted (almond and coconut milk work especially well).
- Because the milk contains fat, your cake will have a superior flavor and solidity as a consequence.
- Do you want to make your dessert even more decadent?
- If you substitute buttermilk for the milk, you’ll have something truly spectacular on your hands.
To compensate for the thickening effect of buttermilk, add a few more teaspoons than the recipe asks for.Consider experimenting with non-dairy drinks other than water: Try substituting soda (colas are the best), juice (orange is delicious with vanilla and yellow cake), or even a strong beer in place of the regular water (for chocolate cake).
3. More Fat, More Flavor
Vegetable or canola oil is used in the majority of box cake recipes.The main drawback is that these oils have virtually no taste at all.To increase the richness of the dish, replace the oil with an equal quantity of melted butter (and a sprinkle of salt if using unsalted butter).Two teaspoons of mayonnaise can be used to make a cake that is even more delicious.
- Do you think that’s insane?
- Keep in mind that mayonnaise is just eggs and oil – two ingredients that are already present in your cake!
- Add up to 14 cup sour cream or full-fat yogurt to give the dish a tangy edge.
There was a snag in the system.An error has happened, and your entry has not been submitted as a result of it.Please try your search again.
4. Amp Up the Chocolate
A vegetable or canola oil is used in most box cake recipes.There is only one drawback to these oils: they are virtually completely devoid of taste.If you want to increase the richness of the dish, replace the oil with an equal quantity of melted butter (plus a sprinkle of salt if you are using unsalted butter).Adding two teaspoons of mayonnaise to the batter will make the cake even more delicious.
- Doubt it?
- You’re not alone.
- You should keep in mind that mayonnaise is just eggs and oil – two ingredients that are already present in your cake.
Add up to 14 cup sour cream or full-fat yogurt to give the dish a tangy flavor boost!There was a snag here.The submission of your entry was prevented due to an error that occurred.
Again, thank you for your patience!
5. Top Up the Tasty Bits
It’s possible that the vanilla powder you used in your boxed cake mix was over its expiration date.Add 12 to 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence to the mixture to make it more flavorful.Are you baking a spice cake?Add a splash of rum, almond extract, or orange extract for added flavor.
- If you’re baking a white or yellow cake, a teaspoon or two of fresh lemon or lime zest, as well as a few drops of lemon or lime juice, can enhance the flavor.
- And don’t forget about all of the ingredients you have in your pantry that you may use to make cookies, brownies, or other types of cakes.
- To make your cake even more spectacular, add a handful of chocolate chips, almonds, or dried fruit on top before baking.
6. Love Up the Layers
Immediately after baking and cooling your cake, slice it in half or thirds and decorate the layers with something unique.In order to add more moisture and flavor to the layers, you can brush them with simple syrup, jam or marmalade, or even a splash of your favorite alcoholic beverage (like coffee-flavored liqueur for tiramisu cake or a bit of rum for a spiced orange cake).Of course, those additional layers are ideal for slathering on even more frosting and icing (which results in a better frosting-per-bite ratio).Keep in mind that additional delectable layering components such as chocolate ganache, buttercream, fresh seasonal fruit, flavored whipped cream, and lemon curd can be used as well.
7. Poke Around
One further method of infusing your cake with flavor is to poke holes in the cake and then pour an infusing liquid over the top, allowing it to soak into the holes. This video tutorial for Coconut Poke Cake demonstrates how to make it: More Information about Baking Cakes
10 Tricks To Make A Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade
Home » Featured Articles » 10 Techniques for Making a Box Cake Mix Taste Like a Homemade Cake Use my 10 Tricks To Make A Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade to elevate your box cake mix to a whole new level of deliciousness.For those of you who have ever wondered how to improve the flavor of a box cake mix, this post is for you!There’s nothing quite like a big slice of handmade chocolate cake topped with rich, chocolate icing and a tall glass of milk to get your day started right.I’m not sure about you, but I don’t always have the luxury of time to prepare a recipe from scratch.
- What’s more, if I do have the time, would it always end out fantastic?
- So, I’ve got a little trick up my sleeve for you on How To Make a Box Cake Mix Taste Like It Was Made by Hand!
- I use a doctored-up cake mix to make the greatest cake and cupcakes in the neighborhood!
How To Make a Box Cake Mix Taste Better
What if I told you that the majority of skilled cake bakers rely on boxed cake mixes?Yes, they do!Not until I observed one of our town’s most prominent wedding cake makers checking out at the grocery with powdered sugar, butter, eggs, and numerous boxes of Duncan Hines White Cake Mix that I realized what was going on!I was convinced that her cakes were created from scratch!
- When it comes to making a wedding cake, they are obsessed with finding ways to improve on boxed cake mix.
If you’re ready to learn how to make a box cake taste like a wedding cake – you’ve come to the right place!
Finding out from a trusted friend who is well-known for her amazing cakes that they even teach bakers in classes that you really can’t beat a Duncan Hines and Betty Crocker Cake mix these days was a pleasant surprise.It is, without a doubt, the greatest box cake mix.According to the manufacturer, the box mixes contain the ideal combination of ingredients for a perfectly finished cake every time.As a result, you HAVE TO TRY IT!
- How to make a box cake mix taste better is the most effective method!
- As a result, I pulled out a box of cake mix and made some modifications to make it taste a little more ″homemade.″ I then baked the cake and decorated it with my homemade buttercream frosting to see how it turned out.
- (Watch me prepare buttercream frosting in the video below!) Yep!
It tasted just like it had been prepared from scratch!I’d made up my mind.When it comes to baking a cake from scratch, there is nothing like a homemade cake from scratch – but there is also nothing like doctoring up a boxed cake mix to make it taste as good as homemade.
If you’ve been trying to figure out how to make a box cake moist and fluffy, these tips and tricks will help you out.I’m going to share the best cake mix hacks with you today, including how to make box cake taste better that you’ll absolutely love!
Here are THE BEST Tricks On How To Make Box Cake Better!
Try adding a few of these tips to your box cake mix taste better!
- Instead of water, milk should be used. Instead of water, full milk should be used. It gives it a thicker texture, similar to that of baked cookies, while also improving the taste. You may also substitute buttermilk for the whole milk
- however, you will need to use more eggs. To make a cake that is even more rich and moist, add two more egg yolks to the mix in addition to the eggs called for in the recipe.
- To the dry ingredients, add the sugar and flour. To your cake mix, add 1/4 to 1 cup sugar and flour
- stir well.
- When making chocolate cakes, use coffee instead of water. Use strong