At one of the first wastewater treatment plant installations in Irvine, California a plant operator watched the grinder rapidly devour “muffins” and turn them into harmless tiny pieces and exclaimed – “Wow – what a Monster!” And the legendary Muffin Monster brand name was born.
The Muffin Monster™ grinders protect the equipment downstream. The sludge conditioned by grinders will not clog valves, heat exchangers, digesters, centrifuges and other equipment on the sludge line. Terminal pumping stations receive municipal wastewater from network pumping stations.
What is a 30K Muffin Monster?
The original 30K Muffin Monster is a workhorse of sludge grinder for biosolids processing systems. It covers flows from 450 to 2450 gpm (102-556 m 3 /hr). It has the ability to not only cut through rags and other solids in WAS and RAS but also precondition the sludge to give it a uniform consistency prior to digestion.
JWC Produces 25,000th Muffin Monster Grinder
Muffin Monster25,000 has been sent by JWC.A row of Muffin Monster grinders (type 30004 for sludge grinding) is being prepared for shipment to Iraq, where they will be installed at a new wastewater treatment plant.(Photo courtesy of Julie Woodcock) Earlier this year, JWC achieved yet another significant milestone by manufacturing Muffin Monster grinder number 25,000 for the first time.The Muffin Monster, with its dual-shafted design, has quickly established the industry standard for solids removal in wastewater and sludge.Proof is in the tremendous number of Muffin Monsters that have been acquired by clients and are currently in use, grinding away at trash to maintain sewage and sludge pumps free-flowing and clear.″We’re pleased of reaching this milestone, and I believe that as a team, we have even greater accomplishments ahead of us,″ stated Woodie Chambers, Chairman of the Board of JWC.
- We are proud of the cutting-edge technology that we continue to develop for grinding, screening, washing, and receiving,″ says Joe Muffin, who invented the Muffin Monster grinder in 1973.
- Woodie’s father, Joe Chambers Sr., came up with the concept for the Muffin Monster in 1973.
- He originally began working on a garbage disposal for the house, and then created the Atomic Disposal Company to further his research (ADC).
- He quickly discovered that there was a market for his products from an unexpected source: wastewater treatment plants that were dealing with flushed garbage and debris that was blocking sewage and sludge pumps.
- This type of trash is referred to as ″muffins″ in the industry.
- In response to the growth of the wastewater treatment business, Joe sold ADC and concentrated his efforts on the dual-shafted, low-speed, high-torque grinder design that would eventually become known as the Muffin Monster.
Joe’s garage in Santa Ana, California, was the site of the first grinder’s construction.In Irvine, California, during one of the earliest wastewater treatment plant installations, a plant operator stood there watching the grinder rapidly consume ″muffins″ and transform them into harmless little bits and shouted, ″Wow – what a Monster!″ As a result, the iconic Muffin Monster brand name was established.Four decades later, JWC employs people and operates factories all over the world.The Monster product line has also expanded rapidly; we currently have 20 distinct Monster items ranging from twin shafted grinders to high-flow stainless steel fine screens, among other things.As a result, we continue to introduce new solutions as well as design improvements for current systems on an annual basis as part of our strategic planning process.JWC was founded in 1973 by just two persons – Joe and Woodie Chambers – and now employs around 200 employees.
″Any organization is only as good as the individuals who work for it,″ Woodie asserted.″Our workers and representatives are without a doubt the driving force behind the company’s current success,″ says the CEO.
Muffin Monster™ inline/open channel grinders
- Digestion that occurs without the use of oxygen Anaerobic digestion necessitates temperature equalization and adequate homogeneity of the biomass in order to maximize gas production while minimizing organic matter sedimentation. If there are foaming tendencies, it is necessary to break up the surface crusts and regulate the prevention of foaming. Scaba agitators for digesters with high-efficiency propellers are available from Sulzer and are efficient and dependable. Grinder units upstream from the anaerobic digesters condition the sludge before to digestion, enhancing the homogeneity of the biomass and safeguarding the downstream equipment.
- Pumping station for the network Residental and communal wastewater is collected in network pumping stations, which are located throughout a city. The pumps, which may be installed in dry or wet wells, transport the effluent to a terminal pumping station. Because the majority of pumping stations are not equipped with screens, the pumps must deal with tough materials such as fibrous sanitary and packaging products.
- Tank for sludge buffering It is possible to utilize the sludge buffer tank for a number of reasons. Blending and homogenization of highly concentrated primary, secondary, or digested sludge are the most prevalent applications for this technology. In the sludge buffer tank, the solution that is used to mix the sludge itself, as well as the sludge mixed with the dosed thickening chemicals, is determined by the design and volume of the tank. For high-efficiency mixing, submersible mixers of the ABS XRW and RW series, as well as the agitator type Scaba, can be employed. The employment of positive displacement, progressive cavity transfer pumps, and Muffin MonsterTM grinders for solids reduction and sludge transfer from the sludge feed to the sludge dewatering process is common. Sludge handling and transfer are also common. Pumps, mixers, grinders, and agitators from Sulzer are used to condition, transport, combine, and manage sludge, among other things. In the wastewater treatment plant, our progressive cavity, positive displacement pumps provide a near constant flow rate with suction lift capabilities, which is ideal for handling all forms of non-Newtonian sludge and cake operations that are usually encountered. Features that are designed to remain in place guarantee that any process downtime that occurs as a result of the replacement of worn components is kept to a minimum. The Muffin MonsterTM grinders are designed to safeguard the downstream equipment. Valve, heat exchanger, digester, centrifuge, and other equipment on the sludge line will not be clogged by the conditioned sludge produced by grinders.
- Pumping station near the end of the line Terminal pumping stations collect municipal wastewater from network pumping stations and transport it to terminal pumping stations. The pumps, which may be installed in dry or wet wells, transport the medium to a treatment plant for ultimate purification. Most pumping stations do not have screens, which means that tough materials such as fiber sanitary and packing goods pose a persistent danger to uptime.
Muffin Monster® Wastewater Grinders
- Wastewater grinders from Muffin Monsters effectively decrease the particle size of solid waste in a broad range of applications.
- Wood, plastics, pebbles, nuts, bolts, wire, sludge, and just about any other foreign material that might cause harm to process and waste water systems are no match for our Monsters’ grinding capabilities.
- To Download, Please Click Here: Muffin Monster® Technical Data Sheet In this case study, the Santa Barbara Correctional Facility puts waste in its proper place.
- In this case study, the true story of monsters in Barrow, Alaska, is revealed.
- Case Study: The Las Vegas Detention Center Demonstrates That Monsters Can Be Found Anywhere Example: Sludge Grinding Monsters Clear Manure Pipelines Case Study Case Study: Muffin Monsters Assist BP Oil Spill Vessels in Keeping Their Operations Afloat JWC (Joint Workforce Commission) video The Muffin Monster takes it to the next level!
- wastewater grinders from Muffin Monsters effectively decrease the particle size of solid waste in a broad range of applications.
Wood, plastics, pebbles, nuts, bolts, wire, sludge, and just about any other foreign material that might cause harm to process and waste water systems are no match for our Monsters’ grinding capabilities.JWC is aware of the costs associated with repairing pumps, belt presses, and other equipment that is susceptible to damage by solids.All of the costs associated with parts, labor, overhead, and plant downtime mount up, not to mention the many hours of annoyance.In order to safeguard their precious equipment and minimize the need for regular monitoring, various companies across the world have turned to Muffin Monster® sewage sludge grinders.
|The Muffin Monster Manhole (M3) makes it easier to install a grinder in sewage lines. This fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP) manhole has the exclusive Muffin Monster grinder that shreds troublesome solids and eliminates costly pump breakdowns. This new Muffin Monster Manhole option makes for a quick installation. Simply dig a hole and lower the prefabricated manhole into position in gravity fed sewer lines. Brochure: Muffin Monster Manhole|
- To make direct contact with the supplier, please click on the button below. You can use it to: ask a question, request more comprehensive information or literature, or discuss your existing project or application..
- Request a price quotation.
- Find a distributor in your region that sells the product
- Make an appointment for a demonstration
30K & 40K In-lineMuffin Monster
- For more than 45 years, the 30K and 40K In-line Muffin Monster sewage grinders have provided peace of mind to treatment facility operators and collections managers.
- Wastewater experts frequently resort to a JWC sewage grinder for the ultimate sludge grinder solution to reduce the amount of bothersome particles in their systems.
- There are rags ready to be used that can cause damage to pumps, clog valves, and foul treatment equipment – resulting in expensive damage and frequent repairs.
- The original 30K Muffin Monster is a sludge grinder for biosolids processing systems that is a workhorse in its field.
- It is suitable for flows ranging from 450 to 2450 gpm (102-556 m3/hr).
- It has the capacity to not only cut through rags and other solids in WAS and RAS, but it also has the power to precondition the sludge prior to digestion, resulting in a more uniform consistency.
30K units are also typically found within dry wells of pump stations, where they protect the pumps against particles present in the collecting systems.The 40K Muffin Monster is an even more powerful sewage grinder, including durable 2 12″ (64 mm) hex shafts and bigger blades than the previous model.It also has a standard 10 HP (7.5 kW) drive motor as standard equipment.The 40K is designed for use in areas with significant solids loading, such as prisons and combined sewage pump stations.
Additionally, it will perform admirably in biosolids systems for bigger treatment facilities because to its sludge grinding capabilities.All twin shafted grinders are equipped with two rows of hardened steel cutters that operate at a slow speed and with a tremendous amount of twisting force.These will reduce huge substances to little particles by grinding them.It is also possible to purchase 30K Monsters that include Wipes Ready® Technologies, which are particularly intended for shredding wet wipes and rags, as well as other materials.Wipes Ready cutters shred rags and disposable wipes into little bits that will not weave back together and form lengthy ropes when they are disposed of properly.
Sewage Grinder Benefits:
- The use of a sludge grinder can avoid damage or clogging in sludge processing equipment such as pump centrifuges and heat exchangers.
- Prevents unplanned maintenance due to obstructions in the sewage pumping station
- Improves the performance of digesters by preconditioning the sludge.
Muffin Monster Features:
- A dual-shafted, slow-speed, high-torque grinder that readily shreds even the toughest trash, including rocks, wood, wipes, hair, clothes, plastic, and other garbage, may be used on a variety of projects.
- 30K Monsters provides simple detachable cartridge maintenance, which enables for overhaul without having to remove the unit from the pipeline
- A technology known as Wipes Ready® is available, which keeps materials from creating lengthy strips and reweaving in the waste stream.
- A system of automatic monitoring and controls that helps to maximize performance and prevent jamming.
- 30K Units for pipelines up to 12″ (305mm) in diameter and flows ranging from 450 to 2450 gpm (102-556 m3/hr)
- 40K Units for pipelines up to 20″ (500 mm) in diameter and flows ranging from 2700 – 6860 gpm (612-1558 m3/hr)
- 40K Units for pipelines up to 20″ (500 mm) in diameter and flows ranging from 2700 – 6860
Monster Quick Ship
In the event that you require your Muffin Monster in a hurry, the 30K In-Line Muffin Monsters are now available with the Monster Quick Ship option. More information on Monster Quick Ship may be found by clicking here.
See a Problem?
- We would much appreciate it if you could assist us.
- Please tell us what is wrong with this preview of Muffin Monster by Billy Bob Buttons.
- We will fix it as soon as possible.
- Please accept our sincere thanks for informing us about the situation.
- Begin by writing a review of Muffin Monster.
Billy Bob Buttons hails from the planet Earth, which is located third from the sun in a little galaxy known as the Milky Way.As a result, he is referred to as a ‘Earthling.’ In many aspects, he is a ‘typical’ person; for example, he adores chocolate.It should be noted that any earthling who is suspected of disliking chocolate cannot be trusted and must be eliminated immediately.Following our ship’s observation of this individual, the following observations have been made: He has been alive for 14,235 earth days.
Mr.Billy Bob Buttons hails from the planet Earth, which is located third from the sun in a little galaxy known as the Milky Way.As a result, he is referred to as a ‘Earthling.’ In many aspects, he is a ‘typical’ person; for example, he adores chocolate.It should be noted that any earthling who is suspected of disliking chocolate cannot be trusted and must be eliminated immediately.Following our ship’s observation of this individual, the following observations have been made: He has been alive for 14,235 earth days and spends a lot of time playing a sport called ‘tennis,’ in which he smacks a fuzzy green ball over a net while shouting, ‘Love 15’.Take note, who are the fifteen?
And why is he head over heels in love with them?He is also extremely popular, as seen by his 7,745,121 Facebook friends.’London’ is the location where they all share a residence.He has two identical newborn earthlings who are both named ‘No!
- No!’ Keep your mouth shut when you’re chewing on that electric cord!″ and ″There’s no way she needs a diaper change!″ ‘Is there anyone there?!’ He also has a companion named ‘Sorry, Darling,’ who appears to be far more intelligent than he is and who appears to be the monarch of the abode.
- Finally, he spends a significant amount of his earth time pounding two fingers across the keys of a rudimentary computer.
- Finally, the specimen must be abducted, explored, and examined in order to conclude.
- During her literary career, Margaret Atwood has published more than 50 works, including the modern classics The Handmaid’s Tale, Oryx and Crake, and The Road to Serfdom.
- Thank you for returning.
For the moment, please wait while we sign you in to YourGoodreading Account.
Sulzer Muffin Monster
- Product Information
- Submersible Pumps
- Sulzer Muffin Monster
- Sulzer Muffin Monster
A sewage grinder, such as the Muffin Monster, represents best-in-class technology for the removal of wastewater particles. The Muffin Monster’s proven skills in offering solutions for the increasingly more demanding operating requirements that are arriving throughout the industry are legendary, having been installed in over 35000 locations.
- Dual-shafted, slow-speed, high-torque grinder effectively shreds the hardest trash, such as pebbles, wood, wipes, hair, clothes, and other types of material.
- Single-shafted machines, macerators, and chopper pumps are not capable of grinding a wider range of solids than double-shafted machines.
- During the waste stream separation process, organic material is separated from inorganic material.
Automated monitoring and controls
- Pumps and other vital equipment should be protected from expensive blockages and damage caused by difficult solids.
- Automated load detection and reversals help to prevent interruptions while also improving performance.
Wipes Ready® technology
Available Wipes Ready Technology stops materials from creating lengthy strips and reweaving in the trash stream, reducing the amount of waste generated.
Compact and efficient design
- Low or no adjustment is required for it to adapt to pipelines or channels
- Custom stainless-steel frames make installation in channels, wet wells, and pump stations a breeze.
- With the Inline 30K Muffin Monster®, you can do simple detachable cartridge maintenance, which allows you to overhaulthe unit without having to remove it from the pipeline.
Lower operating cost
Pump run cycles are reduced as a result of clear pipes and pumps, resulting in decreased power costs.
- Septic grinders such as the Muffin Monster® are designed to preserve pumps and other equipment by grinding down even the most difficult wastewater particles. They are available in three distinct types, each with two different configurations, and are ideal for a variety of applications, including: pump stations, sludge processing, correctional institutions, headworks – primary treatment, septage/grease receiving, airports, and sewage treatment plants.
- Muffin Monster sewage grinders are offered with the WipesReady® package of technology, which is a first in the industry. In order to prevent ragball reweaving in sewage systems, it is intended to collect all wipes in the waste stream and shred them into little bits. In Muffin Monster sewagegrinders, the following Wipes Ready technologies are utilized: *Wipes-Ready cutters* – A combination of serrated cutters and knurled spacers cut wipes in both directions. As a result, the particles become smaller and are unable to reweave downstream.
- Using Delta P side rails*, you can direct solids into the cutters without losing flow velocity, and you can prevent debris from building up in the grinder.
- OCC* (optimized cut control) gear ratio – The OCC gear ratio optimizes shaftspeeds in order to increase the cutting action and cleaning of the cutters, which, in turn, enhances the performance and life of the grinder.
Please keep in mind that different Muffin Monster models come with a variety of WipesReady features.
|10K in-line Muffin Monster||10K open channel Muffin Monster||30004T in-line Muffin Monster||30005 open channel Muffin Monster|
|17 tooth Wipes Ready cutters*||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Delta P side rails*||Yes|
|Optimized cut control*||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
* Patent pending
Anaerobic digestion necessitates the equalization of temperature and the homogeneity of the biomass prior to the digestion process. Dissolving floating crusts and preventing the production of foam are two important objectives in this process. Sulzer can provide an excellent homogenization solution for a wide range of digester types that are often used.
Network pumping station
- Residents’ municipal wastewater is collected by network pumping stations, which are located in residential neighborhoods and communal developments.
- The pumps, which may be installed in dry or wet wells, transport the effluent to a terminal pumping station.
- The fact that the majority of pumping stations are not fitted with screens means that the pumps must deal with tough materials such as fibrous sanitary and packing materials.
Terminal pumping station
- Residents’ municipal wastewater is collected by network pumping stations, which are located in residential neighborhoods and common areas.
- The pumps, which may be installed in dry or wet wells, transport the wastewater to a terminal pumping station for treatment.
- The fact that the majority of pumping stations are not fitted with screens means that the pumps must deal with tough materials such as fibrous sanitary and packaging products.
Muffins Monster blog
- I went to google.com.my and searched for ″muffins,″ and to my amazement, I saw that my website had risen to the top of the first page of results as of today.
- Thank you to my mentor, IK, who has guided me through the process of being the first priority on Google’s first page.
- Even though I didn’t implement all he told me, I did implement some of it.
- When I scroll down to the bottom of the page, this headline catches my eye…
- Cupcakes versus muffins.
I’ve opened it and read it, and it has a lot of relevance to my product, despite the fact that the writer, Adline, is actually discussing two fundamental sorts of women…As a result, the following is an excerpt from: ” I got a ″epiphany″ while sitting at home, ruminating on various baked goods-related topics.Women, I guessed, are either muffins or cupcakes, depending on their flavor.Let’s have a look at the first one first, shall we?
However, muffins are often less sugary than cupcakes, but they are frequently filled with flavor.Because they’re practically bread-like in texture and substance, they have a more solid feel to them.Because muffins don’t hide under gobs of icing, what you see is what you get when you make muffins from scratch.They may, however, include unexpected morsels of berries, nuts, or chocolate chip, which are hidden gems for the genuine connoisseur to discover.Cupcakes, on the other hand, are typically really attractive to look at, despite the fact that some can be downright garish.When it comes down to it, and in their core, cupcakes are quite boring.
This cake’s subpar cake-like basis is hidden beneath a flimsy paper cup, and it requires a smothering of icing and sprinkles to conceal its featureless nature and trick spectators into believing that they are more intriguing than they actually are.If someone is more concerned with appearances than with substance, they will fall in love with cupcakes right away.If someone has the excellent taste to fall for a muffin, they’re in for a treat, because the muffin’s paper cup almost always overflows, giving you more ″bang″ for your buck.Naturally, my muffin versus cupcake comparison is just for amusement; nevertheless, after finishing this article, I turn to my spouse and compel him to read it, demanding a response to the question, ″Am I a muffin or a cupcake?″ ″Muffin,″ he exclaims.
- Excellent work by him (as if he could have gotten away with calling the muffin a cupcake!) Although it is completely feasible that muffin-cupcake hybrids exist, I have yet to investigate and analyze the possibility of their existence.
- They may, in theory, be the result of natural selection or mutation, depending on how you choose to look at it.
- To all the gentlemen out there, I hope you can identify the difference between a muffin and a cupcake, and if you do happen to come across one, I hope you like her many appealing characteristics.
- Adline A.
- Ghani is a tandem mummy that works as an assistant museum curator and lives in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Besides working, this multi-tasker is also pursuing a Master’s degree in Art and Design.″ For more information on Muffins Monster, please visit their website at www.muffinsmonster.com.″data-medium-file=″ data-large-file=″ data-small-file=″ title=″banner(500×77)″ src=″ alt=″banner(500×77)″ width=″500″ height=″77″″ srcset=″ 500w, 150w, 300w″ sizes=″(max-width: 500px) 100vw, 500px″> srcset=″ 500w, 150w, 300w″ sizes=″(max-width: 500px) 100vw, 500px″>
Comparison of Features and Design MUFFIN MONSTER® and TASKMASTER® Grinders
|FRANKLIN MILLER TASKMASTER®Grinder||JWC MUFFIN MONSTER®Grinder|
|Chamber Size||8 1/2″ x 12″||8 1/2″ x 12″|
|Design||Dual Counter-Rotating Shaft (twin shaft)||Dual Counter-Rotating Shaft (twin shaft)|
|Quantity of Cutter Parts||6||36|
|Quantity of Spacer Parts||36|
|Cutter Cartridge Technology||Yes||No|
|Typical Cutter Profile||Cam||Cam|
|Available with 5, 7 and 11 Tooth Cutters||Yes||Yes|
|Stack Retightening Required||No||Yes|
|Housing Construction||Ductile Iron||Grey Iron|
|Available Submersible Motor||Yes||No (Immersible)|
|Available Shaft Extensions||Yes||Yes|
|Shaft Size||2″ hex||2″ hex|
|High Flow Side Rails – Channel Units||Yes||Yes|
|High Flow Side Rails – Inline Units||Yes||No|
|Available with Channel Frame||Yes||Yes|
|Available with Wet Well Frame||Yes||Yes|
|Direct Gear Drive||Yes||Yes|
|Mech Seal Faces||Tungsten Carbide||Tungsten Carbide|
|Seal Rating||90 psi||90 psi|
|Uses Metalic Seal Springs||No||Yes|
|Available in Duplex Model||Yes||No|
|Supplied With Jam Sensing Controller||Yes||Yes|