Place a heavy bottle of baby lotion or shampoo in the center of your cake base. You can also use an empty paper towel or wrapping paper tube. Begin making a layer of rolled up diapers all the way around the bottle. Secure all of the individual diapers together with one large rubber band all the way around the outside.
How to make a diaper cake for a birthday party?
Make the base diaper cake by either folding or rolling the diapers. Wrap pink color ribbons on each tier and make a large bow at the top tier. You can also hide small washcloths, pacifiers, baby rattles here and there on all the tiers. Stick a mini girl dress at the center of the cake to make it look more girly.
How do you make a three-tier diaper cake?
Make a three-tier diaper cake using the folding or the rolling method. Wrap each tier with brown-colored paper ribbons that are wide enough to cover the whole tier. Wrap blue and white satin ribbons around the paper alternately on each tier. Make blue and brown bows and stick them at the center of each tier.
How can I Make my diaper cake stand out?
Here are 25 great ideas to make your diaper cake really stand out: 1 Use colorful ribbons. Ribbons are great for helping to hold the diapers in place, and they can also help tie the “look” More
How to make your own diaper cake?
How to make a diaper cake: Roll up all the diapers into small balls and wrap a rubber band around each of them. If you like, you can also roll up baby clothes and add them to the base of the cake. Use approximately 56 diaper rolls for the base layer. It can be a good idea to use the baking pan to create a nice round shape for the cake.
How do you make a mini diaper cake?
How many diapers to make a 2 tier diaper cake?
How to make unique and creative diaper cakes?
10 Stunning DIY Diaper Cake Ideas To Decorate The Place
- An adorable diaper cake might be the most thoughtful gift you can give to someone who is throwing a baby shower.
- It is a unique technique to present diapers to newborns by arranging them in the shape of a cake.
- If you are seeking for diaper cake ideas, this page may be of use to you.
- This section contains information on how to make a diaper cake, as well as some of the greatest ideas for producing one.
How to Make A Diaper Cake?
Diaper cakes are often constructed in one of two ways: as a rolled cake or as a folded cake, depending on the style. Tiers can range in size from as few as two to as many as five. Diaper cakes may also be personalized to match the theme of the celebration by embellishing them with ribbons, soft toys, bows, and other decorative elements.
Rolled Diaper Cake:
- Make a simple rolling diaper cake by following these instructions: In order to make the cake, you will need the following supplies:23 baby diapers (you may choose to increase or reduce the number depending on the size of the cake you want to make)
- Each diaper ring should have one little rubber band, and each diaper should have one large rubber band.
- An object that is tall (such as a finished tissue roll or a baby lotion bottle) that will serve as a support for the cake
- Baby-related products such as booties, washcloths, teddy animals, and so forth
- A cake stand or a cardboard circle are recommended.
How to make a rolled diaper cake:
- Image courtesy of Shutterstock Make a roll of all of the diapers and tie them together using thin rubber bands
- Once you have finished rolling all of the diapers, fold the diapers and wrap them around the tall item.
- Then, using the bigger rubber band, secure all of the diapers.
- Make a second diaper layer on top of the foundation layer, but this time lower the amount of diapers in the layer
- Continue in this manner until the central item is completely submerged in the layers
- Wrapping the layers of the cake with lace, cloth, or a thick ribbon is a nice finishing touch. When you are ready to bind the cake, start at the back of the cake and wrap around each layer, securing both ends with tape or pins.
- Attach the soft toy to the top of the cake and arrange the ribbons in various locations
- you may also attach the booties, washcloths, and other accessories.
- You are welcome to serve this cake on a cake stand.
Folded Diaper Cake:
- This is one of the quickest and most straightforward methods for making a diaper cake. You will require the following materials: The following items are needed: three circular containers in decreasing order of size
- sixty diapers
- three big rubber bands
- washcloths, soft toys, and other decorative items
How to make a folded diaper cake
- Image courtesy of iStock To fill the container (which should have enough depth to submerge half of the diapers), start by stacking a few diapers in the container with the folded sides facing inward, and keep stacking diapers until they form a circle and fill the whole vessel.
- Using the big rubber band, secure all of the diapers together.
- Remove the diapers from the container after you are satisfied that they are securely fastened.
- Repeat the process with the remaining containers.
- Rubber bands should be wrapped around the three diaper layers, starting with the thickest and working your way down to the thinnest.
- Decorate the cake with washcloths, soft toys, and other items as desired.
Having studied the fundamentals of creating a diaper cake, let’s look at some fantastic diaper cake ideas from both categories.
10 Stunning Diaper Cake Ideas
We’ve put up some great ideas that you may use for everything from presenting diapers to setting up a centerpiece at a baby shower to decorating your house to welcome the baby.
1. Diaper cake idea for a baby girl
- This is a wonderful present for a friend who is expecting a little girl in the near future. Because the color pink is commonly associated with females, we chose to utilize it. You are free to select any other color you choose. Image courtesy of Shutterstock Diapers should be folded or rolled to form the foundation for the diaper cake.
- Using pink color ribbons, wrap the top tier of the cake and tie a giant bow at the top of the cake.
- You may also conceal little washcloths, pacifiers, and baby rattles in various locations throughout the levels.
- Outfit it up with a little girl dress and place it in the center of the cake to make it appear more feminine.
- Wooden sticks may be decorated with bunnies, puppies, and milk bottle stickers, which can then be placed in the center of the cake to add more embellishments.
2. Diaper cake for a baby boy
- This is a straightforward yet practical present for a new mother. Image courtesy of Shutterstock Using either the folding or the rolling method, construct a three-tier diaper cake.
- Ribbons of brown-colored paper, broad enough to span the entire tier, should be wrapped around each tier.
- Wrap the blue and white satin ribbons around the paper on each layer in an alternative fashion
- Make blue and brown bows and adhere them to the center of each tier of the cake.
- Using blue and white paper flowers, decorate the exterior of the two lower levels of the cake.
- You may also use little baby toys, washcloths, pacifiers, and other such items for the flowers.
- To complete the outfit, add a pair of blue and white crocheted boots to your ensemble.
3. Diaper cake for the centerpiece of a baby shower
- If you are planning a baby shower for a friend or member of your family, you may want to consider having a diaper cake as the centerpiece. Image courtesy of iStock Make a three-tiered folding diaper cake for your baby.
- Now, design the cake in accordance with the theme (this is an example of a baby boy’s baby shower theme)
- Wrap blue ribbons around all of the tiers of the diaper cake to finish it off.
- Attach flowers or toy cars to the layers of the structure.
- You can rotate between infant goods such as lotions, diaper rash treatments, powders, and so on
- however, this is not recommended.
- Use miniature shoes or teddy bears for the top tier of the pyramid.
- To provide as a surprise gift, you can also conceal items such as pacifiers, rattles, and teethers within the diapers that have been folded.
4. Hot air balloon diaper cake
- This is a gender-neutral diaper cake concept that may be customized to fit whatever theme you like. If you use a rectangular or round-shaped box, the size of the cake will be determined by the dimensions of the box. Coloring paper should be used to cover the whole box.
- Organize the diapers by rolling them up and stuffing as many as you can into the box
- Dress up the outside of the box with a row of diapers that have been vertically arranged and tied together with a thread
- Make a tiny tier above it to balance things out.
- The balloon should be made out of a paper balloon lantern
- the size of the balloon should be proportional to the size of the basket.
- To adorn the balloon, use satin ribbons, bows, or paper letters to create a design.
- You may also construct paper buntings to place around the basket to add a decorative touch.
- Incorporate 2 wooden dowels into the corners of the basket, making sure that all of the dowels are of a comparable height, and then place the lantern on top of the basket
- Fill up the gaps between baby items and soft toys if there is any remaining room in the basket.
5. Gender reveal diaper cake idea
- It’s all the rage these days to throw gender-revealing parties. Here’s an idea for a diaper cake for similar occasions. If you are unsure whether it is a boy or a girl, choose blue and pink as colors are generally recognized as representing boy and girl
- Make a three-layer diaper cake and thoroughly wrap each tier with satin fabric to give the appearance of fondant
- Alternating pink and blue satin fabric over the tiers, or covering half of each layer with the two colors, are both options.
- Use a spoon to curl thin strips of blue, pink, and white paper, and arrange them in a clump at the top of each tier of the cake.
- A dazzling blue and pink ribbon should be tied around the top of the last layer. You may also use little Mickey and Minnie mouse soft toys for this project.
- Cut Mickey and Minnie faces from a black piece of paper, write ″Pink or Blue″ on it, and glue them in the center of the cake to make a centerpiece.
6. Snail-shaped diaper cake
- This is going to be a really lovely diaper cake. Image courtesy of Shutterstock Separate the snail into sections and then work on each section separately
- The foundation consists of rolling individual diapers and securing each one using rubber bands. Make a round base tier and tie it together with strings to secure it.
- Use a slightly smaller container and create a tier by folding a diaper cake
- for the body, use a larger container and construct a tier using the diaper cake method.
- The neck is made by rolling four diapers together and arranging them in the shape of a cube. Strings should be used to secure the entire arrangement.
- All of the parts’ strings should be wrapped in satin ribbons.
- Assembly of the pieces on the base layer using adhesive and addition of embellishments such as the antennae is the next step.
- In the event that you have some extra space, fill it with soft toys, washcloths, and other baby products
7. Small diaper cake idea
- This concept is simple, yet it has a lot of fine detail. Image courtesy of Shutterstock If you’re making a two-layer diaper cake, make sure the second tier is somewhat smaller than the base tier so that you have more room to embellish with additional decorations.
- Wide satin ribbon should be used to bind each tier.
- Prepare large pink flowers to be used to decorate both the bottom and top of the cake.
- Sprinkle some toy bugs and flowers across the area to provide some color and interest.
8. Castle diaper cake
- This diaper cake concept can be used for any gender. Construct a three-tiered folding diaper cake and drape blue satin ribbons around each layer to complete the ensemble. On the bottom or center ribbon, you may additionally put the baby’s first and last name.
- Make a five-diaper roll and tie a ribbon around each one
- arrange these diapers on either side of the tiers and on top of the diaper cake.
- Cones and flags in the color blue should be made out of craft paper, and the flags should be glued on top of the cones.
- To create the look of a castle tower, place these cones on top of each of the five diapers.
- You may edit the design by adding extra elements and changing the gender of the infant.
9. Baby cradle diaper cake
- Diaper cakes are a fun and original concept that you can make from scratch at home. To make a vertically stacked shoe box, take an empty shoe box and attach the lid to the body on one side.
- Colored paper should be stuck inside and outside the shoe box, and the box should be wrapped in baby fabric with the ends tied together.
- Preparation: Roll four diaper cakes and place a folded diaper in the center of each one. These serve as the cradle’s tires, providing traction.
- Ribbons should be wrapped around each layer as well as the cradle.
- Organize as many diapers as you can into the shoe box and wrap it in a baby blanket to keep them safe.
- Place the cradle on four layers at this point.
- If there is any available room within the cradle, fill it with baby toys.
10. Baby wreath diaper cake idea
- If you want to provide a welcoming gesture for the new mommy and her child, you can hang this on the door. Make a cardboard circle the size you want your wreath to be by measuring the diameter you want it to be.
- Glue and white paper are used to completely cover the circle.
- Rubber bands should be used to bind the diapers as they are rolled.
- Wrap satin ribbons around each of the rubber bands to complete the look.
- Now, arrange the diapers on the wreath so that they cover the whole circle.
- Fill up the gaps between the circles with washcloths, little stickers, and soft toys to make them more inviting.
- Make a hole at one end of the wreath and put a ribbon or string through it to hang it.
You should consider diaper cakes if you want to give someone a present that is out of the ordinary. I hope these suggestions have piqued your interest and pushed you to attempt and build one. Have you ever attempted to make a diaper cake? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below. The following two tabs alter the content of the section below. Author
- Sanjana completed her undergraduate studies in pharmacy and her postgraduate studies in management.
- It was during her first employment that she realized she had writing abilities and decided to pursue a career as a freelance writer.
- Her career as a content writer took off after that and she eventually became a full-time content writer herself.
- Sanjana’s posts for MomJunction span a wide range of issues, including new parenthood and relationships.
- A health and fitness fanatic.
How to Make the Perfect DIY Diaper Cake
- Have you been asked to a baby shower and are pondering what to bring as a present?
- Alternatively, are you the shower’s host and are interested in learning how to prepare a diaper cake to serve as the centerpiece for the dessert table?
- Any way you slice it, a diaper cake not only looks festive and fantastic, but it’s also a wonderful present for the expecting mother.
- She is going to adore it!
- To discover how to make a diaper cake and get inspired by 25 stunning decoration ideas, continue reading this article.
What Exactly Is a Diaper Cake?
- A diaper cake is essentially a cake-shaped present that is built entirely of disposable diapers.
- Generally speaking, it is adorned with objects such as ribbons, miniature baby accessories, paper cutouts, and even a small sign that reads something like ″Oh, baby!″ At a baby shower, a diaper cake is frequently given to the mother-to-be by one of the guests, or it may be made by the baby shower host as a centerpiece for the food table.
- The diaper cake can be decorated to fit the theme of the baby shower, or it can be decorated in a more generic manner to invoke all things baby.
- In certain cases, the diaper cake can be customized to suit the mother’s personality or preferences; for example, by giving it a modern look with succulents and flora, or by decorating it in the colors of the mother’s favorite sports team, Of course, you do not have to be attending the baby shower in order to make a diaper cake for the expecting mother.
- Consider making one for a coworker right before she leaves on maternity leave, or bringing one to a sip and see celebration after the baby’s arrival to show off your new creation!
- No matter how or when you present the diaper cake to the expectant mother, she will be astonished and happy – and you will have a lot of fun making it, as well.
What You’ll Need to Make a Diaper Cake
When it comes to making and decorating your diaper cake, there are a plethora of options available to you, as you’ll see, but here’s a basic list of what you’ll need:
What Diapers to Use
- To prepare a diaper cake, you will, without a doubt, require diapers.
- We recommend utilizing Swaddlers, Pure Protection, or Cruisers 360° Fit to keep your feet comfortable.
- You have complete control over the diaper size.
- It may make more sense, though, to get a larger size because it will be easier to deal with when assembling the cake.
- Keep in mind that using only one size of diapers may make it easier to level the diaper cake since you won’t have to juggle diapers of varying widths and heights.
- However, you may want to use a different size diaper for each tier of the cake to make it more visually appealing.
- As a result, the expectant parents will have a selection of sizes available for their child when they deliver.
Step-by-Step: How to Make a Diaper Cake
The process of making a diaper cake requires patience, but it can also be a great deal of fun. Furthermore, it is an excellent opportunity to stimulate your creative thinking. If you follow these five simple steps, you’ll have your final product ready to go before you know it!
Step 1: Choose a base
- Making sure you have a solid foundation for your diaper cake is essential, especially if it will be transported.
- If your structure is too frail, the last thing you want is for it to come tumbling down.
- It is possible to use a piece of strong cardboard, a cake stand, or a big tray for this project.
- For cardboard, you can cover it with foil or wrapping paper, or cut it into a circle that is exactly the same size as the bottom tier of the cake so that it will be virtually invisible when the cake is served.
Step 2: Prepare the diapers
- For the most part, there are two techniques for constructing diaper cakes: the roll-up approach and the wrap method.
- Each individual diaper should be tightly rolled up and secured with a little rubber band in order to prevent it from unfurling.
- You may also tie a ribbon around each one, but this would take more time and effort.
- Set each one aside until you’ve rolled up all of the sheets of paper.
- There isn’t much prep work involved in making a wrap diaper cake.
- To begin, just remove the diapers from their container and go to step three.
Step 3: Position the diapers
- In order to make a roll-up diaper cake, arrange the rolls vertically and closely together until you achieve the desired size for the base layer of the cake.
- Extra-large rubber bands or ribbons can be used to hold the rolls in place while baking.
- If you’re using a rubber band, you may afterwards wrap it with ribbon to make it look more elegant.
- When it comes to fastening the ribbon, you can either use a little amount of hot glue (be careful not to get any on the diapers) or tie a small knot that may be hidden behind a design later on.
- The long ends of the ribbon can also be used to tie a large bow as an alternative.
- If you’re planning on adding a second tier, insert about three wooden dowels between the diaper rolls to ensure that the following layer of diaper rolls is securely kept in place.
- Placing more diaper rolls around the dowels will help to create the second tier.
- The second tier should be smaller in size than the first tier of the pyramid.
- Just like you did with the first tier, use an extra-large rubber band or ribbon to secure the second tier to the first tier.
If the dowels protrude from the wall, you will need to cut off the top points (or use shorter dowels) to make them disappear.After you’ve added as many levels as you’d like (usually cakes have two or three), go to step four.Placing a clean paper towel roll upright on your cake foundation and wrapping the diapers around it will create a wraparound diaper cake.Continue wrapping until the first tier of your diaper cake is as broad as you want it to be on the outside.Put the diapers back in place with an extra-large rubber band or a ribbon once you’re finished using them.
Hot glue may be used to secure the ribbon (be careful not to get any on the diapers), or a knot or bow can be tied to finish the look.Use a rubber band to secure the diaper cake to the cake stand so that you may cover it later when you decorate the diaper cake.To be sure to keep in mind, some people like to surprise the expecting parents by using a bottle of champagne instead of an empty paper towel roll.You may also use a baby bottle instead of a water bottle.It might then be included as a component of your gift to the parents.
It’s a pleasant surprise either way, but a paper towel roll can suffice in this situation as well.To create a second tier, continue wrapping diapers over the top half of the paper towel roll until it is completely covered.Making the second tier smaller than the first tier is important; it should be held in place with a rubber band or ribbon.
Alternatively, you may proceed to step four and create a smaller third tier in the same manner.
Step 4: Add decorations
Step 5: Wrap the diaper cake
- The cake should be wrapped carefully if it will be transported in order to avoid the cake falling apart or becoming damaged during the transit process.
- Prepare the table by spreading a huge sheet (or two) of cellophane or soft tulle on it and placing the diaper cake’s base on top of it.
- Finally, bring the corners of the cellophane up over the cake, compress it together, and tie a ribbon around it to complete the wrapping.
Different Diaper Cake Shapes
Not all diaper cakes are made in the shape of a circle! Besides the traditional diaper cake form stated above, you may really build diaper cakes in a variety of shapes that correspond to a certain theme, such as the following:
25 Diaper Cake Decoration Ideas
The bottom line
- When it comes to diaper cakes, there is no right or wrong way to make them.
- It doesn’t matter if you go large or small, lavish or subtle; it is the sentiment that counts, and your efforts will be seen and appreciated.
- Have fun with it, and watch as the guest of honor’s face brightens as you reveal your creation to him or her.
- In addition to our post on 42 baby shower gift ideas you’ll adore, we have 16 sensible baby shower gift ideas as well as 25 baby shower presents for the mom-to-be that you should check out.
How to make a diaper cake with lots of helpful tips and tricks plus tons of inspiration for how to decorate diaper cakes.
- This is your one-stop shop for all you need to know about baking a diaper cake!
- Diaper cakes are a stacked stack of diapers that are rolled or folded to resemble a classic tiered cake in appearance.
- As a result, they are one of my favorite presents to bring to a baby shower because they can be used as a centerpiece.
- A diaper cake may be a delightful focus point for baby shower decorations, and it is easy to make one yourself.
- The process of customizing a diaper cake to match a party theme is quite enjoyable.
- Plus, they’re a practical present that you know will be appreciated by every new mom you know.
- The next section contains all of the information you’ll need to prepare a diaper cake for a baby shower.
- You will be able to do this task with the assistance of this comprehensive collection of instructions, I guarantee it!
- In this tutorial, I’ll lead you through the steps of acquiring supplies, constructing the diaper cake’s structure, and then the fun part: decorating it.
Best Diapers to Use for a Diaper Cake
- A diaper cake might be difficult to put together because there are so many different types of diapers available.
- My first recommendation is to get a larger size of diaper…
- Because kids outgrow newborn and size 1 diapers so fast, many moms get these sizes as presents for their children.
- I recommend that you purchase size 2, 3, or 4 diapers.
- Another option is to hunt for plain white diapers or to discover a patterned diaper and choose one that will fit the colors in your nursery decor.
- There are some extremely cute diapers available these days, many of which have fashionable designs printed on them, and these diapers may really dress up a diaper cake or baby shower.
- Here are a few of my favorite diaper brands to use for diaper cakes that I enjoy making: One of my favorites are the Huggies with the limited edition Mickey Mouse pattern…
- very sweet!
Pampers Swaddlers are the greatest all-white diaper available on the market.3.Cloud Island Diapers from Target are available in a variety of adorable patterns for both boys and girls.4.Hello Bello Diapers from Walmart come in a variety of fashionable designs.
5.Honest Diapers are available in a variety of adorable patterns.6.Target’s Up and Up Brand Diapers are a more economical choice, and the design is modest enough that you may get away with using them.
Choose A Base for your Diaper Cake
- Building a diaper cake on a firm base will be essential, especially if you intend to take it to a baby shower or if you want to be able to bring it home with the expectant mother. Here are a few ideas for diaper cake bases that you might find useful: Spray paint it, leave it silver, add a circle of scrapbook paper or hot glue some trim around the sides of a metal pizza pan from Dollar Tree.
- Every type of plastic or melamine charger would work well as the foundation of your diaper cake. 2. Chargers These may be found at practically any craft store, and they are also available at Dollar Tree.
- Cake Board — Look in the cake decorating department of your local craft shop for pre-cut cardboard circles that may be used to construct genuine cakes from scratch. Besides that, they are ideal for constructing diaper cakes.
- The use of a tiered cake stand, in conjunction with a cake board, is recommended if you want to transport the diaper cake in one piece, but it does provide for a visually appealing presentation during the celebration
How Many Diapers Do I Need To Make A Diaper Cake?
- The quantity of diapers you will use to build a diaper cake is determined by the size of the completed cake and the number of layers you intend to use.
- A larger number of diapers equals a larger cake.
- You may use the following diaper cake sizing chart to estimate how many diapers you will need to purchase, though.
- The bottom tier of the diaper cakes I create has a diameter of roughly 12-14 inches and is approximately 12-14 inches high.
- I used the following number of diapers: The size of the completed diaper cake will be influenced by the size of the diapers you use, which will be a minor factor.
- In order to make all of the diaper cakes depicted in this post, I needed size 4 diapers.
- Use newborn or size 1 diapers to make up for the little size difference.
- You may need to add one or two additional diapers to each cycle if you are using newborn or size 1.
Diaper Cake Supply List
- You’ll need the following items to put together your diaper cake. 51 regular-sized rubber bands (one for each diaper and one for wrapping around the top tier)
- 50 diapers
- 51 regular-sized rubber bands
- File Bands (for wrapping around the bottom two layers of the tiers)
- 2 extra-large rubber bands, often known as file bands
- 1 cake base
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- wide ribbon (or other alternative—see below)
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- Decorations (see the list of possibilities below)
- a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- a piece of cardstock
Diaper Cake Assembly Instructions
- One diaper should be rolled up and secured with a thin rubber band. Place a hefty bottle of baby lotion or shampoo in the center of the cake base and repeat the process with the remaining diapers. Additionally, an empty paper towel or wrapping paper tube can be utilized.
- Begin by forming a layer of rolled-up diapers around the bottle all the way around. To keep everything together, wrap a big rubber band around the outside of each individual diaper and fasten it in place. I recommend having the foundation layer three diapers deep, but you may use as many as you need to completely cover the cake base equally.
- Make a second layer on top of the first and reduce the size by at least one round of diapers before putting the second layer together. Repeat the process for the third layer, as well as any more layers you choose to add if needed.
Whenever your diapers have formed the shape of a three-tiered cake, you are ready to begin decorating.
Diaper Cake Decorating Ideas
Every diaper cake must include three types of decorations:
- Ribbon. Tulle, rolled-up receiving blankets, or even wrapping paper or scrapbook paper cut into strips can be used in place of ribbon, but you can be creative with what you use.
- A charming cake topper for a special occasion. Making a decorative addition to the top of the cake will make it appear finished and will conceal the hole where the paper towel tube or lotion bottle could be visible
- Embellishments are ideal for this. These are the ornamental accessories that will give your diaper cake that extra ″wow″ factor that everyone will be talking about. You can use paper flowers, silk flowers, paper shreds, curling ribbon, small toys, bows, floral picks, baby booties, small stuffed animals, or anything else that you think would be cute or that would fit with the theme of your baby shower
- however, if you want to be more creative, you can use a combination of materials.
Here are some ideas for designing diaper cakes for both boys and girls. I’ve included a description of each cake below the photo for your convenience.
Paper Flowers and Patterned Ribbon | Glitter Scrapbook Paper, Fabric and Curling Ribbon | Burlap, Twine and Faux Succulents | Ribbon, Paper Shreds and Rubber Duckies | Cowboy Bandanas and Paper Star Cupcake Picks | Colorful Tulle and a Unicorn Horn | Burlap, Ribbon, Twine and a Teddy Bear | Floral Diapers, Ribbon and a Silk Flower Topper | Striped Ribbon and Cascading Silk Flowers
- Be creative and have fun when it comes to decorating a diaper cake.
- There are countless possibilities.
- Check out this baby shower burp cloth bouquet if you’re seeking for another creative and entertaining baby shower present idea.
- In learning how to bake a diaper cake, I hope you’ve found this tutorial to be of use.
- Note: Please pin the image to your Pinterest board so you can easily access this information later.
How to Make a Diaper Cake
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded Diapers as a present are always welcomed by new parents everywhere. A diaper cake is a creative and visually appealing manner of arranging diapers in a way that they resemble a tiered cake. It is possible to coil the diapers together or wrap them around one another, and then adorn the diaper cake to make a stunning show.
- 1Choose diapers with a fun design on them. In most diaper packages, there is either a see-through side panel or a photograph of the diaper so that you can view the design on the diapers itself. Purchasing diapers with a brightly colored pattern will help to make the cake appear more playful.
- 2 Form the top of the diaper cake with your hands. Starting at the ″open″ top end of the diaper, roll it up as tightly as possible. A rubber band should be wrapped tightly around the rolled diaper to prevent it from unrolling. Again, utilizing brightly colored rubber bands may add a lovely finishing touch. This diaper will serve as the focal point of the layer. A baby bottle can be used as the center of the top layer as an alternative.
- Promotional material
- 3 Seven additional diapers should be rolled up and secured. Place them around the central diaper (or baby bottle) so that they are all evenly spaced out from the center diaper. A wide rubber band should be wrapped around all of the diapers to keep them all together. Purchasing large rubber bands from your local office supply store is a good idea. The rolled-up diapers should be arranged in a circular.
- 4Construct a centerpiece for the middle layer of diapers. This can be a rolled-up diaper or any other oblong present, like before (such as a bottle of baby lotion). 15 more diapers should be rolled up and placed around the centerpiece. 5Construct the base in the same manner as the top. Secure them with a large rubber band. To create a centerpiece, roll up an extra diaper or a present (such as a toy or a piece of baby apparel) and place it in the middle. Roll up 30 diapers, each with its own rubber band, and place them in a container. Using a big rubber band, wrap them around the centerpiece to keep them in place. Make a second center layer to serve as the foundation. Then, using a wider rubber band, wrap around 30 additional diapers around it.
- 6Secure the layers together by gently putting one or two wooden dowels into the base layer. After that, carefully stack the remaining two layers on top of the base layer, taking care to ensure that the dowels are inserted between the diapers rather than through them. Advertisement
- A half-finished roll of paper towels standing on a table is a good starting point The cake’s centerpiece will be a roll of paper towels, which will act as a glue to hold the layers of cake together.
- Alternatively, a large bottle of baby lotion or a rolled-up blanket might be utilized as a focal point instead.
- A roll of paper towels, on the other hand, will be the most straightforward centerpiece to create.
- 2Take the diapers out of the packaging and smooth them out using your hands. Place one diaper down the roll of paper towels so that it is laying horizontally along the roll
- 3place another diaper along the roll of paper towels so that it is overlapping the first In order to construct overlapping layers of diapers around the paper towels, repeat this procedure several times. The bottom layer may be as large or as little as you wish
- just remember that this is the foundation layer and that the other two layers will grow progressively smaller than this one.
- 4Place a large rubber band around the base layer to secure it in place. It will be easier if you have someone to assist you in your endeavor. Keep the diapers in place around the paper towel roll using your fingers. Make sure your assistant wraps the rubber band over the diapers, securing them to the roll.
- 5Repeat this method to create the other two layers. The layers should get increasingly smaller in size in comparison to the base, with the top layer being the smallest. Each layer should be secured with a wide rubber band. Advertisement
1 Make the cake’s base out of cardboard and decorate it as desired. Place the cake on a piece of cardboard and trace the contour of the cake with a pencil to make it easier to cut. Remove the cake and cut a circle out of the cardboard to use as a template. Alternatively, you may use a fancy plastic dish or an inexpensive pizza pan to display your cake.
- 2 Tie a ribbon around the top and bottom of each layer.
- Check to see that the rubber bands are completely covered.
- Cut the ribbon so that both ends of the ribbon are slightly overlapped.
- Tape the two ends of the ribbon together to keep them from unraveling.
- It is possible to use more than one sort of ribbon to decorate the cake.
- Wrap each layer in a different type of ribbon, or wrap a large ribbon around each layer and layer a thinner ribbon on top of the larger ribbon to complete the look.
- 3Place beautiful ornaments on top of the cake to complete the look. Make faux flowers for the cake by sandwiching the stems between two diapers and baking them. If you followed Method Two, stuff colored pieces of tissue paper down the paper towel roll and decorate the top with flowers that are coming out of the top. Check out your local craft store to see what kind of decorations they have. You may also include baby travel-sized goods to give it a more personal touch.
- 4 It is recommended that you wrap the diaper cake in cellophane or netting to make shipping more convenient. (This step is entirely optional.) Use netting to tie the top of the cake together with a bow, or attach an animal stuffed to the tie to serve as a ″topper″ for the cake. Advertisement
- Question Add a new question Question I’m not sure how many nappies I’ll need. Sandra ‘Garman’ Hoffarth Provides a Community Response I used the first approach (the rolled cake). To make the middle and top tiers, I used almost a full bag (35) of infant size, and then almost another full bag (35) of size 1 for the bottom layer. Not sure if it makes a difference, but the diapers I used were Pampers Saddlers, which I’m not sure makes a difference. It took around an hour from beginning to end. It’s not awful, plus it’s attractive!
- Concerning the Question What is the best way to connect the base cake layer to the cardboard beneath it? You will not be able to fasten it since you will want the diapers to be able to be changed. Once the entire cake has been built properly, moving it is simple. My version, on the other hand, begins with a paper towel tube placed in the middle of a round cardboard piece, and then grows outward from there. This contributes to overall stability all the way up. Use hot glue instead than regular glue since it holds better. Despite the fact that I made a three-layer cake, the diapers slant to one side. What can I do to persuade them to stand up straight? During our conversation, my friend inserted a bottle of wine in the center of mine. It aided in making it stand up straight and even
- Question What length do you think the dowels should be? Although you don’t want your dowels to protrude from the top of your cake, it will be more solid if they are inserted approximately half way into the top layer of the cake. Simply measure the width of a layer of diapers and multiply that number by the number of layers your cake will have. Size 3 Pampers, which form a 5″ roll or layer, depending on how you make it, are used in the cake I’m now preparing. Because I’m making a four-layer cake, the finished product will be 21″ tall. I’m going to utilize some leftover 12″ skewers that I had lying around. To attach layer one to layer two, I’m thinking three or four skewers, then three or four more to attach layer two to layer three, and so on. I’m thinking that by placing my skewers in various locations around the cake, it will be sufficiently solid.
- Question To wrap around my diaper cake, how many yards of ribbon should I purchase? It is dependent on the size of the cake that you intend to create. For larger cakes, you’ll usually need 2-3 feet, while for smaller cakes, you’ll generally need 1-2 feet. Can I use cloth diapers instead of disposable ones? Yes! Any diaper should be suitable. Check to be that you have something strong enough to sustain the weight of a multi-layered cake before you begin. Dowels would be the most effective.
- Question What is the best way to attach the diaper cake to the baseboard? You don’t have any. You want the diapers to be in a serviceable condition. It will remain in place after all of the layers are in place because of the weight.
- Question In order to make the diaper cake, what size diapers should I use? Diapers for newborns are the most effective solution.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
- The quantity of diapers in each layer is only a rough guideline for the overall structure. Make sure to vary the numbers you use based on the kind of diaper you are using and how tightly you are wrapping them.
- Larger size diapers allow the mom to enjoy the diaper cake for a longer period of time before having to disassemble it. Using size 1 diapers, on the other hand, will allow the mother to have a supply of diapers on hand to use immediately. According to the number of diapers in the bag that you purchase, you may alternatively create the top two layers out of a single size while making the bottom layer out of a bigger size.
- If the parents are concerned about the ecology, you may complete this project using cloth diapers. Because you don’t need as many diapers and because diapers are more expensive, the cake would be smaller.
- Make sure they know if some of the presents are perishable so they can plan accordingly.
- In the event that you have any diapers left over after making your cake, you may have enough to create a diaper wreath as well.
- In the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, disposable diapers are referred to as ″nappies.″
Things You’ll Need
- There should be at least two packs of diapers (about 85-100 diapers for a three-tiered cake)
- Baby supplies and items to conceal, such as: pacifier and washcloth sets, onesies (one-piece baby suits), mittens and socks, and baby lotions, rash cream, and baby wash (optional)
- Rubber bands (available in a number of sizes
- a variety pack may be purchased for less than a dollar at department or stationery stores)
- Dowels made of wood
- Cardboard that is large enough to serve as the basis
- A tray (which is optional)
- Ribbons, bows, and other embellishments in bright colors
- Optional: netting or cellophane to protect the flowers.
About This Article
- Summary of the ArticleX Several items are required before you can begin making your diaper cake, including a package of 64 diapers, a package of rubber bands, and some ribbon.
- To begin, wrap up each diaper and bind it with a rubber band to form a tube shape.
- It is recommended that you use seven upright diapers in the top layer, sixteen in the middle layer, and thirty-two in the bottom layer.
- Carefully stack the layers and secure them in place with 1 or 2 wooden dowels to prevent them from shifting.
- Continue reading to find out how to make a diaper cake that wraps around the entire cake!
- Did you find this overview to be helpful?
- The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 4,261,999 times.
Learn How to Make a Diaper Cake for Baby Showers
- Create a baby shower centerpiece that serves as a kind present for the mother-to-be the next time you’re throwing a party for new parents.
- The preparation of a so-called diaper ″cake″ will take less time than the preparation of an edible cake, and it will remain fresh until the arrival of the new baby.
- Additionally, you may have just as much fun decorating this cake as you would with an edible cake.
- While adorable baby animals are wonderful stand-alone gifts, placing one on top of a diaper cake will make the nursery appear even more adorable.
- To make a diaper cake, simply follow the steps outlined in this guide.
- Even if you’ve never baked a cake before, you’ll discover that making a diaper cake is as simple as baking a cake from scratch.
- Listed below are the materials you’ll need to get started on creating your diaper-cake centerpiece: There are approximately 50 medium-size disposable diapers. It takes 48 diapers to make the cake in this video, but because diaper brands vary in size, it’s a good idea to have a few extra on hand. You may always deliver the extras to the expectant mother in a separate gift
- A big platter on which to construct the cake (a 16-inch disposable cardboard plate purchased from a party supply store works nicely)
- There will be around 70 feet of thin ribbon used for tying the rolled diapers together (1 foot per diaper) and joining the tiers together.
- To finish the tiers, you’ll need around 8 feet of 1-inch-wide ribbon.
- The following items are required: one tall baby bottle
- little candies to fill the baby bottle
- adhesive tape
- All kinds of baby essentials, including pacifiers, teething rings, combs, brushes, rattles, bibs, and other accessories
Roll the Diapers
This is the section of the project that will take the most time:
- Make 1-foot lengths of the narrow ribbon out of 48 feet of it
- Determining if the printed decoration on the diaper will be seen on the cake is an important step. Roll each diaper from the fold outward, being sure to preserve the decoration on the outside of each diaper. If this is the case, roll with the decoration on the inside.
- Tie a piece of thin ribbon around the waist of each rolled diaper.
Assemble the Tiers
Three layers are required for this diaper cake, and you’ll need an additional set of hands to assist you keep everything together while you tie it all together. Start with the most important tier:
- Make sure to fill the baby bottle halfway with sweets. Five or six diapers should be placed around the bottle and tied together securely in that position with a piece of thin ribbon
- Make a second tier with around 15 diapers to complete the project. Tie them together one again with the narrow ribbon to make a tight knot.
- Making use of around 27 diapers, construct the third and biggest layer. To make the procedure of tying up the diapers a little easier, start by tying an inner circle of diapers with a string. After that, arrange the final row of diapers around the circle and bind them once more.
Decorate the Cake
This is the fun part:
- Place the heaviest cake tier on the serving tray and set the platter aside. Attach the diapers to the platter by placing numerous pieces of adhesive tape on the bottom of the diapers and pressing them down. Don’t use so much tape that the diapers tear when the mother disassembles the diaper changing station.
- Place the second tier on top of the base and attach it to the bottom tier with masking tape, as shown.
- Attach the smallest tier to the top of the other tiers in the same manner as you did the other levels.
- Wrap the cake in a ribbon and tuck the various baby decorations inside the ribbon all around the cake. To prevent them from coming off, make sure they are firmly fitted and secure with more ribbon if required
- The 1-inch ribbon should be put around each tier of the cake, to assist attach the embellishments and add a last finishing touch.
- Depending on the baby shower’s theme (teddy bears, unicorns, bubbles, or anything else), you can decorate the cake accordingly.
- Using a variety of pink ornaments and toys, you may make it appear as though it is a cake for a little girl. If the parents are unaware of or have not revealed the gender of the child, use a lot of soft pastels, which are traditional baby hues, to decorate the room. Consider using brighter colors in the nursery, which some parents may choose for their child’s room.
How To Make A Diaper Cake: Easy 2, 3 & 4 Tier Options!
- It is possible that this content contains affiliate links.
- This means that if you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, I may receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.
- For further information, please view my disclaimer.
- Thank you.
- Welcome to this step-by-step guide on how to construct a 2, 3, or 4-tier diaper cake!
- I’ll show you how to bake a diaper cake that the expecting parents will be raving about.
- These lovely cakes are usually a huge success with everyone!
- This guide will provide you with a comprehensive list of DIY diaper cake supplies, as well as step-by-step diaper cake instructions that will put you on the path to success.
- Diaper cakes are one-of-a-kind and considerate presents that don’t have to cost a lot of money to purchase.
It doesn’t get any better than giving a practical present that you know the expecting parents will appreciate and utilize.Related post: Personalized Baby Gifts That Are One-of-a-Kind Let’s get this party started.
How many diapers do you need to make a diaper cake?
This, of course, is dependent on the size of the diaper cake that you choose to create. A diaper cake with two tiers will require 28 diapers, a diaper cake with three tiers will require 62 diapers, and a diaper cake with four tiers will necessitate 118 diapers.
What size diapers are best for a diaper cake?
Because a large number of infants never fit into newborn diapers, your best chance is to get size 1 or size 2 diapers. As a result, the new parents will have enough time to disassemble the cake and use the diapers before their child grows into the next size.
What are the best diapers to use for a diaper cake?
If the soon-to-be parents have a favorite brand, they would be the most appropriate options. If you don’t want to use colored diapers, you can use white diapers or diapers with patterns that match the theme of your cake. For myself, I prefer to use the Target Up & Up brand diapers because they are white and reasonably priced.
How much does a diaper cake cost?
- Price ranges for diaper cakes are influenced by a variety of things, including the type of diapers used and if they are wrapped in swaddling blankets.
- You may also customize your cake by adding different types of accessories.
- Using this method, I was able to create a four-tier diaper cake for about $30 (thanks to some wonderful Target dollar section purchases!).
- If you choose pricey diapers, high-end swaddles, and elaborate decorations, the cost can easily rise to $100 (or even more) or even more.
Diaper cake supplies needed:
- Okay, now you’re ready to start putting your ideas on paper. The following are the materials you will need to create a lovely diaper cake. One paper towel roll and one toilet paper roll
- one thick cardboard
- one box cutter
- and one empty toilet paper roll
- Disposable diapers in sizes 1 or 2 (in white or a design that is complementary to your theme). You’ll need 118 dollars for a four-tier cake, 62 dollars for a three-tier cake, and 28 dollars for a modest two-tier cake)
- Clear elastic bands (1 for each diaper)
- a hot glue gun (and glue)
- clear tape
- and a diaper changing station
- Accents (such as swaddling blankets, fake flowers, plush animals, pacifiers, miniature baby toys, baby shoes, and tutus)
- The following are optional: a cake stand or ornamental charger as a foundation (this works beautifully for the 3 tier option, but the 4 tier option is too large for typical cake stand and charger sizes! )
Because the materials required are so basic, it is rather simple to get started. Rubber bands, tape, and ribbon, for example, may be purchased for pennies at your local dollar shop or in the dollar area at Target for pennies. If you like, you may purchase pizza pans or chargers to use as a basis for your creation.
How to make a diaper cake
Complete step-by-step instructions on how to make a 3 & 4 tier diaper cake:
- Fold in half and fasten in the center with a rubber band (I recommend doing this while watching your favorite television program!) *See the section below for information on how to roll diapers properly.
- Using cardboard circles (about 11.5′′ and 8.5′′ in diameter, the top layer does not require a base unless you desire one), construct the structure. You can use a variety of different-sized mixing bowls or buckets to get the desired sizes.
- The paper towel roll should be hot glued to the cardboard foundation.
- 34 diapers should be aligned in a circle around the paper towel roll.
- Clear tape should be used to secure it around the centre.
- Remove the paper towel roll from the first tier and insert it into a hole in the second tier of cardboard
- 20 diapers should be arranged in a circle around the paper towel roll and secured with transparent tape.
- Insert a single diaper into the top of a paper towel roll until it is the height of the remaining four diapers placed in another circle for the top layer
- repeat with the remaining four diapers.
- Put transparent tape in the centre of the tier and you’re ready to add your fourth tier or start decorating.
Diaper cake instructions for a 4th tier:
- Using cardboard, cut out a larger-sized foundation (about 14′′ in diameter).
- Glue a toilet paper roll to the middle of the picture with hot glue
- Place the diapers in concentric layers around the toilet paper roll so that they form a circle.
- Clear tape should be used to secure the item all the way around.
- Top of toilet paper roll to center of foundation of previously created three-tiered cake with hot glue (optional).
That’s all there is to it! A gorgeous four-tier diaper cake foundation that is ready to be decorated!
Embellishments used for this rainbow lucky charm diaper cake:
- The diapers were placed underneath and above the base of each layer, and I used shredded paper in a rainbow of colors (for Easter baskets).
- Cake is decorated with a wide gold ribbon wrapped in a huge bow and affixed to the front of the cake.
- Around St. Patrick’s Day, you may see leprechaun and rainbow figures in the dollar area at Target
- Coins made of gold and green chocolate
How to make 2 tier mini diaper cakes (often used as centerpieces!)
- A diaper cake with two tiers requires around 28 diapers per cake.
- In order to properly roll your diapers, you’ll need to use a transparent rubber band to bind them.
- After that, you’ll need to cut a circle out of cardboard or use a tiny ornamental plate as a base, and you’ll want to hot glue a toilet paper roll to the middle of the circle.
- Afterwards, you must arrange 20 diapers in a circle and secure them with transparent tape.
- After that, place a diaper into the toilet paper roll so that it is sturdy and of equal height with the remaining 6 diapers, which you will arrange in a circle around the central one at this point.
- Clear tape things in place, and you’re ready to start adding ribbon and accessories!
Frequently Asked Q’s
How do you roll diapers for a diaper cake?
The most effective technique to roll diapers is to begin at the top ruffled area and work your way down to the base. One rubber band will hold the diaper in place if you roll from the base, however two rubber bands will be required to keep the frills in place if you roll from the top.
How do you attach things to a diaper cake?
- It all depends on what you’re attaching, but here are a few of my favorite tools to have on hand: Glue dots, clear tape, ribbon, pipe cleaners, wooden skewers or popsicle sticks, hot glue, paperclips, and other similar materials
There’s no way around it: you don’t want anything stuck on the diapers if you want the expecting parents to be able to utilize them. Alternately, you may use a popsicle stick that you can place into a diaper to wrap a ribbon around the object and glue it to the ribbon around the tiers.
How do you tie ribbon in a perfect bow?
Isn’t it amazing how much of a difference it makes?! This YouTube video by Lia Griffith demonstrates how to create a flawless bow in a short amount of time every time. Everyday tasks like as diaper cakes, gift wrapping, and putting ribbons on coats and gowns are made easier by using this approach. It’s just perfect!
Where can I buy a pre-made diaper cake?
- If you are short on time or are not in the mood to make your own diaper cake, there are plenty of pre-made diaper cakes available for purchase on Etsy.
- You can find out more about them right here.
- That’s all there is to it, my friends.
- Thank you for taking the time to read this guide on how to create a diaper cake.
- Please feel free to leave any questions or comments in the section below.
- Best of luck with your creation!
- Xo,Kinzy You might also be interested in: Unique Personalized Baby Gifts for the Newborn Baby Create a personalized children’s book featuring your child.
How to Make a Diaper Cake in a Few Easy Steps
- Return to the top of the page A newborn can go through as many as 12 diapers in a single day (!).
- In addition, as every new parent is well aware, diapers may rapidly become the main focus of your household when you have a newborn.
- So why not make them the focal point of a baby shower celebration?
- Not only a large package of diapers, but also a ″cake″ fashioned entirely of diapers.
- Diaper cakes have been a trendy concept at baby showers in recent years.
- And, despite the fact that they appear hard, this project is far less difficult to do than you may expect.
- Discover all you need to know about creating a distinctive diaper cake centerpiece that the expecting mother will like in this article.
What is a diaper cake?
- A diaper cake is a cake-shaped construction made of diapers and decorated with flowers or plush animals.
- It is traditionally served at birthday parties.
- In most cases, it consists of two or three tiers of rolled diapers that are wrapped in ribbon to make them look like frosting on a cake.
- You may personalize the design of your diaper cake to match the overall theme of the baby shower you’re hosting.
- Despite the fact that the most common cake form is a round one, many baby shower hosts create diaper cakes in the shape of vehicles, motorbikes, and even animals to decorate their tables (unicorns and elephants are popular choices).
Why make a diaper cake?
- Making a diaper cake is a thoughtful and entertaining idea for any baby shower, whether you are hosting or attending.
- Diaper cakes not only make a kind present and a charming centerpiece, but they’re also quite useful in a variety of situations.
- After all, new parents can never have too many diapers on hand, so these cakes may be a much-appreciated present for the mom-to-be to take home with her after the baby shower.
- Some baby shower guests choose to include additional diapering products in the cake (like as wipes and diaper cream) in order to make the present even more helpful for the expecting m