It cuts really cleanly on the Silhouette cutting machines using the default cut settings for Cardstock, Glitter. After the cutting is complete, swap the designs out on the virtual cutting mat so you can cut the actual design. The final step is to assemble the cake topper.
Can you make cake toppers with Silhouette CAMEO?
You can make DIY cake toppers with Silhouette CAMEO pretty easily if you know a few tricks. You’ll need the right font and the right material to ensure your custom cake toppers are a success!
What materials are used for cake toppers?
Materials for Cricut Cake Toppers
What size should a cake topper be?
A 5′ Topper is usually the perfect proportion, especially if you select a curly or italicized font. If you want to play is safe, a 5′ should do the trick! Go with a 6′ if you want to really draw attention to your Topper!
How do you stick a cake topper to a cake?
Apply Your Edible Photo Topper
DO NOT WET THE TOPPER- this may cause the colours in the image to run. Hold the topper gently and place the middle onto the cake first, then smooth it out to the edges with the palm of your hand. If any bubbles or wrinkles appear in the photo gently pat them out with DRY fingers.
Can you make acrylic cake toppers with Cricut?
Yes, the Cricut Maker can cut plastic and make an cake topper that looks just like those expensive acrylic versions. Save yourself some money by making your own cake toppers right at home with your Cricut machine.
What kind of cardstock do you use for cake toppers?
When creating a cake topper, it’s important to use the thickest and sturdiest card stock available. I always use Michael’s “Recollections” brand glitter card stock for all of my cake toppers. Hobby lobby has a similar brand called “Paper Studio”, but the weight is slightly lighter.
How to make a DIY cake topper in SketchUp?
DIY Cake Topper 1 Making the Frame. Start by opening the Silhouette studio, which is where the design will be created. 2 Edit cut lines. The frame of the DIY cake topper is taking shape. 3 Create the Middle Text. 4 Attach the Text and Frame. 5 Cut out and attach sticks. 6 Add embellishments.
Can I make a DIY cake topper with the cameo 4?
I have the basic free edition that comes with the Cameo 4 and this is enough to be able to make your own DIY cake topper. Select the shape drawing tool and draw a square.
Tiara Birthday Cake Topper
- Personalized tiara cake toppers and numbered cupcake toppers will make your child’s next birthday celebration more memorable. 22 age hearts with ages are supplied, which you can weld together with the tiara to create an age-specific topper, or you may use them as is as a decoration. It also comes with an unadorned Happy Birthday cake topper (without a tiara), which is perfect if you want to keep things a bit more basic.
- ) Printed instructions and video tutorials guide you through the process of making the project with either a Cricut or a Silhouette cutting machine. Designs have been tested to ensure that they function properly and that they will not flop when placed on a stick and placed on a cake. (Don’t you think floppy cake toppers are the worst?) DESIGNS INCLUDE: Tiara Happy Birthday cake topper design
- Birthday cake topper design
- 22 age hearts
- Tiara Happy Birthday cake topper design
- To build an age-appropriate topper, weld the tiara together
- alternatively, use toothpicks to make simple cupcake toppers.
- Solid heart – use as-is or use as a starting point for creating your own age heart in your software (font not included).
- THE FOLLOWING FILE TYPES ARE INCLUDED: 1 ZIP file containing all of the file types required a total of 25 SVG files, 25 DXF files, and 25 PNG files (hearts are 1050 x 930 pixels in size). EPS files with all designs (the Happy Birthday is 3515 x 1680 pixels and the Tiara Happy Birthday is 3510 x 3180 pixels, both at 300 dpi)
- 25 EPS files including all designs (both at 300 dpi)
- Instructions in PDF format, with links to video tutorials – one for the Cricut and another for the Silhouette –
Unless otherwise stated, all files are BLACK – glitter was used as an example to demonstrate what is possible.The final outcome of your project will be determined by the materials you pick.Remember to visit the Design Bundles Design School and/or get in touch with Support if you have any questions or need assistance with anything from licensing to unzipping to figuring out how to utilize the files with your program, among other things.
Amazon.com: wedding cake toppers
THE RESULTSPrice and other information may differ depending on the product size and color selected.A 5% discount is applied at the time of purchase.With the coupon, you may save 5 percent.It’s yours.Tuesday, April 5th – Friday, April 22nd A 5% discount is applied at the time of purchase.With the coupon, you may save 5 percent.
extremely well-liked sponsored |based on the number of customer ratings and the number of stars
Recommendations for publication
Best wedding cake topper
- 10th of March, 2022 A wedding cake topper may be a lovely way to show your feelings for one another on your special day. With the range of wedding cake toppers we have available to you, you may accomplish this in a variety of creative, charming, and clever manners. There is definitely something for everyone, and with a variety of designs, themes, and materials to choose from, you can truly find the ideal wedding cake topper to round off your special day. We’ve compiled a list of five of the top selections available on Amazon right now for your consideration.
- This piece has been hand-carved and hand-painted to give it a more personal touch. The enclosed card, which expresses the emotion ‘Hold dear the promise of love,’ would be an excellent complement to your wedding reception.
- Can be placed on top of a number of top-tier cakes of varying sizes. With its stunning design, any wedding cake will be enhanced to perfection, while also serving as a treasured memento of your special day.
- Subscribe & Save allows you to save even more money. This entwined double heart topper will make a stunning centerpiece for your wedding reception. Nothing screams romance like a beautiful pair of linked hearts that have been meticulously created and tenderly completed to offer a touch of extra love to your life.
- Subscribe & Save allows you to save even more money. This product is made to last and will serve as a reminder of your special day for years to come. This product, which is designed to resemble a playful attitude, is entertaining for newlywed couples and is crafted with high-quality materials.
Subscribe & Save allows you to save even more money.Subscribe & Save allows you to save even more money.Subscribe & Save allows you to save even more money.Ships to NetherlandsThere are only 20 of these items left in stock So purchase soon.Ships to NetherlandsThere are only 19 of these items left in stock So purchase soon.Ships to the Netherlands are available.
There is just one left in stock, so act quickly.It’s yours.Tuesday, April 5th – Friday, April 22nd Ships to NetherlandsThere are only 19 of these items left in stock So purchase soon.Ships to the Netherlands are available.Only 11 of these items are left in stock – purchase soon.
It’s yours.Tuesday, April 5th – Friday, April 22nd Subscribe & Save allows you to save even more money.With the Subscribe & Save coupon, the price drops to $18.99.There are only 12 left in stock – purchase soon.Ships to the Netherlands Ships to the Netherlands are available.Only 18 of these items are left in stock – purchase soon.
- Only 9 units left in stock – purchase soon.
- Ships to the Netherlands Ships to NetherlandsThere are only 20 of these items left in stock So purchase soon.
- Ships to NetherlandsThere are only 17 of these items left in stock So purchase soon.
- Subscribe & Save allows you to save even more money.
- Brands that are associated with your search
POLYSTYRENE CAKE DUMMIES
Because we create our cake dummies in-house in the United Kingdom, we always have a supply on hand.They are constructed of the highest-quality expanded polystyrene available.Their strength and density are significantly higher as compared to other cake dummy providers as a result of this.A wide variety of forms and sizes are available, ranging from the usual square and round dummies to petals, heart shapes, hexagonal and octagonal dummies.Our dummies also allow us to cut out other forms such as hearts, holes, arches, and wedges in a variety of sizes.For your specific designs, we also provide a custom cut service at competitive prices.
Cake dummies are a great technique to create show cakes for window displays and wedding fayres since they are so realistic.They may be used to add a decorative element to your cake or to give additional layers.Real cake may disintegrate over time, but our cake dummies will display your designs for an extended period of time.Cake dummies are excellent for honing your cake design talents, and they are also a logical choice when it comes to instructing cake decorating workshops in the classroom.
Standard or Bespoke Cake Dummy Sizes – Fast Delivery
Monday through Friday, orders placed and paid for before 12 noon CST will be shipped on the same day.Items ordered after 12 p.m.on Friday and throughout the weekend will be sent on the following Monday (Bank Holiday exceptions).We have two different shipping options available.Royal Mail Tracked and Royal Mail 1st Class are both available 24 hours a day.We make every effort to deliver all of our packages on schedule, however we rely on the Royal Mail and Parcelforce to do this task.
Please keep in mind that 24 hour monitored shipping does not ensure next day delivery.If you want expedited shipping, please contact us prior to placing your order so that we can accommodate your needs.If you have any questions about custom orders, please submit your information using our contact form.We can create cake dummies that are up to 4ft (1.2m) broad and as deep as the customer desires.For inspiration and designs on bespoke dummies, please see our collection of previous work.
All of our items may be found in the drop-down menu on the right.Our website can provide you with Polystyrene Letters and Logos if you are seeking for them.Using Foam for Cutting
wedding cake toppers
- Init″>help show mouseleave->help hide″>? Star-rate init″>help show mouseleave->help hide″>? The overall quality of the creation is 0.0/5 (0 votevotes). Members are evaluated on the printability, utility, depth of detail, and other factors. Your rating: 0 out of 5 Your rating: 0 out of 5 There have been 124 views, one like, and zero downloads.
3D model description
For the decoration of your wedding cake, a depiction of a couple is used.
3D printing settings
3D printer file information
- STL Folder Specifications for 3D Design Format Close jeunes-mariés-silhouette.stl
- mariage cacke topper1.stl
- mariage cacke topper2.stl
- mariage cacke topper3.stl
- mariage cacke topper4.stl
- Find out more about the different formats.
- Date of publication: March 2, 2022, 23:33 UTC
- cake topper
Best sellers of the category Home
- You enjoy Cults and wish to contribute to our ability to continue the journey on our own? Please keep in mind that we are a tiny team of three persons, making it extremely simple to contribute to the continuation of our activities and the creation of new ones in the future. Here are four options that are available to everyone: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and visit our website by clicking on our banner advertisements.
- Make your purchases online by clicking on one of our affiliate links, such as Amazon or Aliexpress
- MAKE A DONATION: You can make a donation via PayPal here if you so like.
- A WORD FROM THE FRIENDS: Invite your friends to join and learn about the platform as well as the wonderful 3D files offered by the community
Popular this week
Take a look at all 4,688,132 images 1068 90 percent Off Craft Month 1036, you’ll save 90 percent.Off Craft Month, call 655 628 2031 and get 90 percent off.Craft Month 376 409 80 percent off 376 409 OFF 554 90 percent of the time Craft Month 603 is 90 percent complete.During Craft Month, 373 people participated at 90 percent.Off Craft Month 329, you get an 80 percent discount.OFF 408 527 90 percent OFF 408 527 Craft Month 426 480 90 percent off 426 480 In honor of Craft Month 580, 90 percent Craft Month has come to an end.
Graphics 0 1 90 percent of the total of 4,688,132 Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Off Craft Month 0 90 percent Month of Crafting (off): 0 0 0 1 90 percent Month of Crafting
Frequently asked questions
Is it true that I have access to all graphics?To answer your question, you will be able to begin downloading and using all visuals instantly.What kind of license do you get with it?All of the files are provided with a commercial license.The license may be viewed in its entirety here.What kind of file formats are supported?
The files supplied are compatible with the majority of common graphics program packages, such as Photoshop and Illustrator.On the product page, you can view a list of the files that have been included.Is it permissible for me to use the graphics for commercial purposes?If you want to make money out of the graphics, you can utilize them in commercial projects.What should I do if I decide to terminate my subscription?
You have the option to cancel your membership at any moment by logging into your account.There is no grace time for cancellations.What exactly does ″commercial usage″ imply?Commercial use is defined as any usage that involves the exchange of money or other valuables.Examples of commercial application include selling to friends, designing a logo for your site, working for customers, and selling tangible objects that feature designs, among other things.Is it legal for me to resale the digital files?
- A license to resell the digital material is not required.
- This contains designs that have been changed.
- What kind of software do I require?
- Choosing which files to include is entirely up to the discretion of the designer.
- On each product page, you will be able to see which file types are supported by the product.
- We urge designers to incorporate a diverse selection of file formats in their projects.
Is it legal for me to resell graphics?No.Please get in touch with the designer directly for this reason.Questions?Send us an email at: Download tens of thousands of graphics
Get them all for just $29
Does my account have access to all of the visual material?All graphics will be available for download and use right away, so get started right away!Who owns the rights to the software?Commercial licenses are provided for all of the files.This link will take you to a detailed explanation of the license.The following file types are supported.
This package contains files that are compatible with virtually all standard graphic design applications, including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.You can see which files are included on the product page.Is it OK for me to make commercial use of the graphics?If you want to make money off of the visuals, you may utilize them in your business.What happens if I decide I no longer want to subscribe?
Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time and can be done so from inside your account.In this case, there is no refund policy.What exactly does the term ″commercial usage″ imply.Any usage that involves the exchange of money or something of value is considered commercial use.Illustrations of commercial use include: selling to friends, designing a logo for your site, working with customers, and selling tangible things that feature designs.Is it legal for me to resell the digital files I’ve downloaded?
- It is not permissible to resell the digital files.
- In this category are designs that have been changed.
- What kind of software do I require?
- – Choosing which kind of files to include is entirely up to the designer.
- The file formats supported by each product will be displayed on the product page.
- The use of a diverse variety of file formats is encouraged by the design team.
Is it legal for me to resell graphic design services?No.Please contact the designer directly if you want further information on this.Questions?Download hundreds of graphics by contacting us at:
DIY Custom Cake Toppers with Silhouette CAMEO 4: Start to Finish
- If you know a few simple strategies, you can create your own DIY cake toppers with the Silhouette CAMEO machine.
- To make your personalized cake toppers a success, you’ll need to choose the proper typeface and the suitable substance.
- Continue reading for my recommendations on how to design cupcake toppers in Silhouette Studio and then cut them out on a CAMEO 4 in this start to finish cake topper tutorial.
- Even though there are many of pre-designed cupcake and cake topper SVGs out there, if you want to personalize your creations with a number, date, or name, you’ll need to learn how to make them yourself.
- Cake toppers must be made from a single cut file in order for everything to be held together and secure even when they are supported by a little support such as a toothpick or skewer, which is not always possible.
- Starting with the proper font in Silhouette Studio is the first step.
Look for a typeface that has a substantial amount of weight to it.You’re looking for something that’s both large and bold.This is beneficial not just for the design phase of the process, but also for the overall stability of the design once it has been cut.
I used the typeface My Sweet Farmhouse from So Fontsy’s Best Fonts Bundle to design a set of Birthday Cupcake toppers for my daughter’s 13th birthday, which she celebrated this past weekend.Once the font had been downloaded and installed on my computer, I began working in Silhouette Studio by inputting each line of text in its own text box in the program.This allows you the greatest amount of flexibility in terms of positioning and layout.
I then began arranging each line of text such that it would overlap with content that was either below or above it in the paragraph.If there was overlapping in both directions, you get bonus points.This is critical because, as previously said, the complete design will be welded together at some point in time.
- I either used the Character Spacing tool to put the characters closer together or I ungrouped that single line of text and manually altered the alignment of the letters for any letters that did not overlap with another letter and were still ″floating.″ As an example, you can see that I slanted the I on the bottom line such that it would overlap with the letters immediately adjacent to it.
- It’s a good idea to add some shapes to your design after you’ve avoided any ″floating″ letters in order to provide additional support or to join any letters that can’t be connected in any other manner.
- In order to add two stars – one on each side – I utilized the Flexishapes tool.
- It was important to me that their points connected as many characters and rows as possible, so I sized and rotated them accordingly.
- The final step is to pick the entire design and then right click and choose Weld from the drop-down menu.
- Make an effort to relocate your design about the work area once you’ve welded it in place.
If any of the characters do not move in sync with the rest of the design, they are not considered welded to the design.Correct such places so that they are consistent with the rest of the design.Your Silhouette CAMEO is now ready for cutting the cake topper out of the cake topper.More stable are smaller designs, such as this one for cupcakes, which may be supported by a single piece of robust glitter or textured cardboard to keep them standing up straight.
- Larger cake toppers will almost certainly require additional support in order to stand up straight.
- You may do this by either cutting many copies of the form so that they can be stacked together for greater stability or by generating a bigger offset base shape around the entire design and then stacking them together for more stability.
- Using a Xyron machine, apply adhesive to the back of the top layers so that they may be applied to the rest of the layers.
- A toothpick or skewer may be attached to the back of the cake topper or between its layers so that it can be used to stand it in your cake or cupcakes or flower arrangement with adhesive.
- Please keep in mind that this content may contain affiliate links.
- I gain a little compensation if you click on them and make a purchase after clicking via my links to Amazon.
- The money raised from this helps to finance Silhouette School, which allows me to continue purchasing new Silhouette-related goods in order to teach you how to get the most out of your machine!
- Obtain Silhouette School lessons delivered directly to your mailbox!
- Choose once a day or once a week.
Initial Cake Toppers – Letter Cake Toppers
- Do you want to view more photos? Please have a look at my Gallery, Color Advice, and Custom Work! I also share photographs on Facebook, so be sure to follow me there for additional inspiration! Groom’s last name in a single letter on the cake topper Initial Single letters are available in four different heights: 3, 4, 5, and 6 inches tall, respectively. The size of the top cake layer should have an impact on your selection when it comes to picking the appropriate Topper height. It is customary for the top tier to be 6 inches in height, but you should check with your baker if you are unsure. When writing letters that are broader than they are tall, use these rules of thumb: A five-star rating ″Topper is generally the ideal proportion, especially if you use a curly or italicized font for your message. If you want to play it safe, a 5 is a good choice ″should accomplish the task
- Choose a 6 as a starting point ″If you want to draw attention to your Topper, you should choose a bright color.
- Toppers should be designated for tiers with a height of 4″
- 3″ toppers should be saved for tiers with a height of 3″ ″cupcake towers can be topped with small toppers that are designed exclusively for cupcake towers.
- I make certain that the width of the letter does not extend more than an inch over the edges of your cake, regardless of the height you choose.
- Please let me know the size of the cake you’re working with and I’ll make any specific alterations necessary to ensure that.
- Traditional The first name of the bride Bride’s first and last names / Groom’s last name Initials / Groom’s First and Middle Names Initial The First Name of the Modern Bride Couple’s initials or an ampersand followed by the groom’s first name Initial / Birthday Numerals / First Name Initial / Birthday Numerals / Initial / Birthday Numerals / Initial / Birthday Numerals Height Limits by Default
- These are the standard heights for men and women.
- If your top layer is less than 6 inches in height, the monogram can be scaled down to ensure that it is exactly centered.
- Topper with a Double Digit for an Anniversary Whether you are commemorating a milestone birthday or years of marriage, the anniversary topper may be customized with any two numerals (16, 25, 50, etc.) and is available in two different heights: 4″ and 5″.
- Snowflake Customized as a Topper To check if it’s feasible to build a cake topper from a bespoke logo (such as on napkins, invitations, or other stationary), give me a copy of your design.
- Even simple shapes may occasionally be transformed into one-of-a-kind cake toppers if your event has a certain theme or theme-related color scheme.
- Not all ideas, however, are feasible; contact me with your concept to find out if it is.
You may also look at my bespoke work page for further inspiration.Fonts with fewer characters are more suitable for 3 letter monograms.The more crowded the letters appear, the less legible they appear.
In the case of single letter typefaces, the converse is true, which is why I have such a broad selection of styles to pick from.Please keep in mind that I have many more fonts available on my fonts website; these are only examples of popular options.You may have noticed that my font names do not appear to be typical font names; instead, I choose names that are more easily remembered.
Please get in touch with me if you have a specific typeface in mind for your wedding or if you don’t find a font that you like.Glitz Toppers Incorporated retains ownership of the copyright from 2005 until 2022.Permissible usage can be found on the policies page.
Edible Photo printed cake topper Instructions
- Our Edible Photo Toppers are made of icing for cupcakes and cakes and are printed with food-grade edible ink.
- The term ″icing transfer sheets″ can refer to a variety of products, including edible cake toppers as well as edible images such as photographs, prints, or portraits.
- They are not created from wafer or rice paper, but rather from a thin layer of actual icing (which is mostly composed of sugar) applied to a base sheet of wax paper.
- We will print the photograph you email us onto your selected size of icing, which you will then put on the top of your cake or cupcakes to make a customized photo cake.
- Using your topper to design your cake is covered in detail on the next page.
Order your Printed Icing
- To ensure that you receive your item the next working day, you can specify how soon (or slowly!) you want it to arrive.
- You’ll need to figure out what size and form your cake will be before you begin.
- The frosting should be half an inch or a few centimetres smaller in diameter than your cake, as a general guideline.
- For example, if you want to make an 8-inch square cake, you would get the 7.5-inch square frosting.
- It can be cut to suit, so if you don’t see the precise size you want, get one that is slightly larger than your cake and let us know how large you want your photo printed to be before ordering.
- Keep in mind that a cake might shrink throughout the baking process, resulting in a cake that is smaller than the tin size.
However, keep in mind that whatever covering you use, such as sugar paste, might result in a few centimetres being added to the final size of the cake.We also provide a selection of cakes and cupcakes that you can decorate yourself, which contain both the cake and the printed icing on the outside.If you order any of them, you will receive all you require.
Prepare Your Cake
- There is no restriction on the type of cake you may have – sponge, fruit, carrot, chocolate, or your own personal favorite recipe.
- If you want to make and design your own cake, you may do so yourself, or you can purchase a cake that has already been iced from a baker or cake decorator, who may be able to apply the printed icing on the cake for you.
- Plain iced cakes are available from the majority of high street supermarket chains, including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Waitrose, and Marks & Spencer.
- Our unadorned Square Iced Sponge Cake is, of course, great for our square toppers, and it is the correct size for our square toppers.
- This, as well as our cupcakes, are now available as kits, complete with a printed topping that you can design yourself.
- Your edible photo may be put to practically any type of frosting once it has been printed.
The ideal icing to use is roll-out icing, which is also known as sugar paste or fondant.You may also use royal icing, buttercream, or glace icing in place of the fondant.It is possible to use any color of icing on your cake or cupcakes; however, because the topper is constructed of extremely thin icing, dark colors such as milk chocolate may not always be appropriate.
Instead of dark chocolate, try white chocolate.If you have a very wet icing, such as whipped cream or ganache, or a covering with a high fat content (such as butter or cream cheese), we recommend that you build a backing plaque out of roll-out icing to go behind it.In terms of size and shape, this should be roughly the same as the topping.
Place the topper on the plaque first, and then place the plaque on top of your cake.Alternatively, you should apply it soon before serving the cake, before the picture has a chance to absorb any moisture from the cake.
Prepare Your Edible Photo
- Until you’re ready to use your topper, keep it stored in its original plastic bag.
- Take it out of the bag about 20 minutes before adding it to the cake to give it a chance to dry out a little bit before applying it.
- This will make it easier to remove the backing sheet off the product.
- Do not force the icing to come off; it should come off gently.
- Generally speaking, if it is adhering to the backing sheet, this is due to the temperature and humidity levels in the space.
- For information on how to remedy this issue, see the Tips section at the bottom of this page.
Apply Your Edible Photo Topper
- Even if you are using a store-bought cake or your frosting has dried and hardened, a small amount of moisture can help the picture adhere to the icing and merge in with the rest of the cake.
- To dampen the cake frosting, use a pastry brush or a tiny mist/spray to dampen it, but avoid over-wetting the icing.
- The top should be patted down with a dish towel to absorb any excess moisture.
- PLEASE DO NOT WET THE TOPPER, as this may cause the colors in the picture to fade.
- Holding the topper lightly in your hand, lay the centre of it on the cake first, then smooth it out to the edges using the palm of your hand to create a flawless finish.
- It is best to pat away any air bubbles or creases that emerge in the photograph using DRY fingertips.
If you happen to accidently tear the topping icing, DO NOT FREAK OUT!All you have to do is gently massage it together with a dry finger and it will blend back together and the tear will dissolve after an hour or two.
How to Store your Edible Photo Topper
- You should keep your topper packed away until you’re ready to utilize it.
- Maintain a smooth surface and avoid placing anything on top of it to avoid ruining it.
- Keep it away from direct sunshine, or the colors may fade quickly.
- Our toppers are edible for several months, however we urge that you use them within two weeks to ensure that the image is as sharp as possible.
Tips on Removing Your Edible Photo from the Backing Sheet
- Because the icing collects moisture from the air, it may require a little assistance if it does not simply peel away from the backing, as may occur during the summer months when it is humid.
- As a result, this process moves considerably more quickly in a room with heating or air conditioning, where the air is dryer.
- If you’re having any difficulties, try one of the following methods: Allow it to sit out of its bag for an hour or two and check on it every 30 minutes after that.
- It is not recommended to leave it overnight or to allow it to dry entirely since it may become brittle and split.
- If the icing is still stubborn, gently blow it away using a hair dryer on the reverse setting for 30 seconds, then let it to cool for a few seconds before attempting again.
- Place it on a baking sheet and bake it for a couple of minutes at a very low temperature (not hot), or use a fan oven with the fan turned on but the heat turned off. Leave it till it cools down before attempting it again.
- It is preferable to peel the backing away from the icing rather than the other way around since the results will be better.
- If you are having trouble, you can pull the backing sheet over the edge of a table or workstation to help you (as illustrated).
- For more information about storage and ingredients, please visit this page.
- In order to optimize your browsing experience, provide you personalized content and targeted advertisements, analyze website traffic, and understand where users are coming from, we utilize cookies and other tracking technology.
DIY Acrylic Cake Topper with the Cricut Maker
- This post and its accompanying images may contain affiliate connections to Amazon or other third-party merchants.
- If you make a purchase after clicking on one of my affiliate links, I may get a small compensation at no additional cost to you.
- Any supplies used may be provided to me at no cost; nonetheless, all projects and opinions expressed are solely those of the author.
- Did you know that the Cricut Maker can be used to create a DIY acrylic cake topper with a few simple steps?
- Yes, the Cricut Maker is capable of cutting plastic and producing a cake topper that is virtually identical to the more costly acrylic alternatives.
- Make your own cake toppers at home with your Cricut machine to save money and make your baking experience more enjoyable.
After receiving so many inquiries about whether or not my Maker could be used to cut cake toppers, I decided to create a project of my own.In the video below, you can really watch how I design and cut an acrylic cake topper from scratch.Simply play the video to observe all of the steps involved in creating this craft for your next party or event.
Have you been unable to view the video or have you missed part of the information?You can find more information in the sections that follow.
- A Cricut Maker, a knife blade, and acrylic sheets (I’ve found that the.020 size works best in the Maker because thicker materials don’t cut through as well as thinner materials).
- Design for cake toppers illustrated on pink holographic vinyl
- weeding tools (scraper, brayer, transfer tape, painter’s tape, strong grip mat)
Designing Cake Toppers in Cricut Design Space
- First and foremost, you will need to create your design.
- You can absolutely use the exact design that I used by going here, or you can create your own in minutes by following the instructions here.
- Simply follow the steps outlined below to create a variety of cake toppers for your next celebration.
- If you want to make a cake topper out of an image, you will need the image itself, as well as a circle or shape to put around it and a long, narrow rectangle to fit into the cake to complete the project.
- To create your circle and rectangle, you may make use of the shape tools.
- I was just looking for happy birthday graphics on Design Space for my vinyl cut file when I came across this.
After that, join the circle and the square together.Make certain that the two are aligned by centering them horizontally.After that, you may click weld to have your design completed.
This one is ready for the cutting table!The acrylic will be in gray, and the adhesive vinyl will be in pink, respectively.Additionally, writing may be transformed into a cake topper.
There are several options for accomplishing this.To begin, let’s utilize the offset tool on some cursive writing to create an outline for the text itself.To obtain your desired form, weld a basic rectangle together like you did previously.
- You can now cut the grey from the plastic and the pink from the vinyl as needed.
- Finally, you may use a stencil typeface to decorate the top of your cake.
- I like a stencil font because it allows me to keep all of my letters together.
- You will need the word, two rectangles for the bottom of the cake, and one for the center of the cake.
- Afterwards, just fuse the three sections together and cut!
- This one is straightforward, and you can use it as is or paint the back once it has been cut.
How to Cut a Plastic Cake Topper with the Cricut Maker
- The moment has come for you to cut the acrylic with the Cricut Maker now that you have your design.
- The front and back of these plastic sheets are both coated with a protective coating.
- It’s customary for me to remove it before cutting.
- After that, lay your firm grip mat on top of it.
- Use a brayer to ensure that the mat is properly adhered, and then tape the mat all the way around using painter’s tape to keep it in place.
- That should be added to your Cricut machine.
Make careful to move the white star wheels all the way to the right before continuing.When cutting these sheets, I prefer to use the basswood setting in conjunction with a knife blade.Make sure to keep an eye on the cuts and to halt the machine every now and then to inspect the cut.
Mine took around 16 passes before it was cut through.After then, it will be the curves’ turn to do the job.Once the cuts are complete, remove the mat from the machine and begin removing the pieces that have been cut off the mat.
It may be more convenient to flip the mat over and take the cut pieces off the mat instead.
Adding Vinyl to an Acrylic Cake Topper
- Cut your vinyl pieces so that you can attach them to your cake toppers once they have been baked.
- Make careful to weed your cut vinyl before applying transfer tape over the top of the cut vinyl.
- Remove the vinyl from the backing and adhere it to the acrylic that has been cut.
- Scrape down the transfer tape with your scraper until it is completely removed.
- You have just completed a do-it-yourself acrylic cake topper project!
Adding a DIY Cake Topper to Your Cake
- Simply insert the long slice of cake into the cake and press down.
- This thin plastic is quite frail, but the cake will be able to hold its own during a celebration.
- If you make the section that goes into your cake too long, you may cut it with a pair of scissors to make it shorter.
- If you are making a larger cake topper, such as the Happy Birthday version, you will need to push it all the way down into your cake so that the cake itself can act as a support for the top.
- Otherwise, when this version is in the cake, it will tilt forward or backwards somewhat.
- Aside from that, I believe these cake toppers are very stunning and would be ideal for a variety of occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and so much more.
Make sure you utilize your Cricut Maker to design your own DIY acrylic cake topper to finish off your cake.You may personalize this project to say whatever you want and create something spectacular for any party that you are giving!What occasion will you be commemorating with this easy Cricut party craft?
I am confident that you will enjoy creating your own DIY acrylic cake topper for whatever event that you may be celebrating in the future.
Love this and want more Cricut ideas? Try the links below as well!
- How to Make a Cricut Banner Easy to make with your Cricut, this project is excellent for individuals who are just starting started with their machine and may be used for any occasion!
- More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Picture Frame for a Wedding Using your Cricut machine and a dollar store picture frame, you may add personal features to a wedding picture frame.
- More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Hanging Round Wooden Door Hanger Flowers and Cricut vinyl may be added to a wood door hanger to make it stand out on your front porch.
- More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Coasters with Constellations made of Infusible Ink Infusible ink from the Cricut may be used to create this celestial craft, which you can display or give as a present.
- More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/ Using Cricut Printable Vinyl: A Step-by-Step Guide With your Cricut machine, you can cut out stickers and other items from printed vinyl.
- More information can be found at http://www.nytimes.com/news/business/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/business-news/
You can also print this party craft idea by using the card below!
- Using a Cricut, create an acrylic cake topper. Make this adorable cake topper for any occasion with your Cricut Maker and some plastic cutouts. Acrylic Sheets
- Cricut Maker
- Knife Blade
- Cricut Maker I’ve found that this.020 size works well with the Maker since larger materials don’t cut through as well as thinner ones.
- Pink Holographic Vinyl
- Weeding tools
- Transfer tape
- Painter’s Tape
- Strong Grip Mat
- Design for cake toppers
- Pink Holographic Vinyl
- Weeding tools
- Transfer tape
- Painter’s Tape
- Strong Grip Mat
Designing Cake Toppers in Cricut Design Space
- First and foremost, you will need to create your design. You can absolutely use the exact design that I used by going here, or you can create your own in minutes by following the instructions here. Simply follow the steps outlined below to create a variety of cake toppers for your next celebration.
- If you want to make a cake topper out of an image, you will need the image itself, as well as a circle or shape to put around it and a long, narrow rectangle to fit into the cake to complete the project. To create your circle and rectangle, you may make use of the shape tools. When creating my vinyl cut file, I just searched on Design Space for images of happy birthdays
- after that, I simply glued the circle and square together. Make certain that the two are aligned by centering them horizontally. After that, you may click weld to have your design completed. This one is ready for the cutting table! Acrylic will be represented by gray, while sticky vinyl will be represented by pink.
- Additionally, writing may be transformed into a cake topper. There are several options for accomplishing this. In order to create an outline, let’s first utilize the offset option on some cursive writing.
- To obtain your desired form, weld a basic rectangle together like you did previously. The grey plastic can now be cut and the pink vinyl can be cut
- now is the time to be creative.
- Finally, you may use a stencil typeface to decorate the top of your cake. I like a stencil font because it allows me to keep all of my letters together. It is necessary to have the word, one rectangle for the bottom, and one to place in your cake
- then it is just a matter of welding all three parts together and cutting! You may use it as is or paint the back once it has been cut
- it is easy and straightforward.
How to Cut a Plastic Cake Topper with the Cricut Maker
- The moment has come for you to cut the acrylic with the Cricut Maker now that you have your design. The front and back of these plastic sheets are both coated with a protective coating. I normally remove it before cutting, and then set the piece on your firm grip mat. Put down your mat with a brayer and attach it with painter’s tape all the way around. Then, place it in your Cricut machine and cut away to your heart’s content. Make careful to move the white star wheels all the way to the right before continuing. When cutting these sheets, I prefer to use the basswood setting in conjunction with a knife blade. Make sure to keep an eye on the cuts and to halt the machine every now and then to inspect the cut. Mine took around 16 passes before it was cut through. After that, the curves will be the last thing to be finished.
- It may be simpler to flip the mat over and take the cut pieces off the other side once the cuts are completed.
Adding Vinyl to an Acrylic Cake Topper
- Cut your vinyl pieces so that you can attach them to your cake toppers once they have been baked. Make sure to weed your cut vinyl before applying transfer tape on top of it. Peel the vinyl away from the backing and adhere it to your cut acrylic as directed. Scrape down the transfer tape with your scraper until it is completely removed. You’ve just finished making a homemade acrylic cake topper.
Adding a DIY Cake Topper to Your Cake
Simply insert the long slice of cake into the cake and press down. This thin plastic is quite frail, but the cake will be able to hold its own during a celebration. If you make the section that goes into your cake too long, you may cut it with a pair of scissors to make it shorter.
How to Create the Perfect Cake Topper with Cricut
Simply place the long piece into the center of your cake. It is quite fragile, but the cake will stand up well enough for a gathering of a few hundred people. It’s also possible to use a pair of scissors to cut the portion of the cake that goes into the cake if it becomes too lengthy.
Cake Topper Font
- When it comes to constructing a cake topper, choosing the correct font for the job may be the most difficult aspect. When selecting a typeface, there are a couple of key considerations to bear in mind: the thickness of the font and whether or not it is readable. The thickness of a typeface is really important. It helps to guarantee that your cake topper is robust and will remain erect when placed on a cake. Here are a couple of my favorite free fonts that are both attractive and thick enough to cut effectively with a circuit machine, resulting in a cake topper that is both robust and sturdy: October Twilight
- Quirky Script (which is a Cricut Design Space typeface)
- Quirky Script (a Cricut Design Space font)
The next step is selecting a legible font, which is especially important if your cake topper includes a phrase or a name. It’s not a good idea for your cake topper to become the subject of conversation at a party since people are attempting to figure out what it says.
- Following your selection of the typeface and words on your cake topper, it is time to begin welding. Using the welding tool in Cricut Design Space, you can construct a single layer of pictures and text, allowing the cake topper to be cut out in one continuous piece. The following are the four basic steps to fuse an image in Cricut Design space: Fill in the blanks with your text in the font of your choosing and any pictures you’d want to put in this layer
- To unweld your photos and text, use the ″unattach″ tool from the toolbar. You will be able to rearrange them independently as a result of this.
- Arrange the photos and letters in such a way that they are slightly overlapping one another.
- To fuse the items together into a single layer, select the ″weld″ tool.
- When preparing your design for welding, it is critical to ensure that all of your letters and pictures are touching in at least two locations.
- In this way, the integrity and sturdiness of your cake topper are improved.
- The importance of slicing and reattaching any dots above characters, such as the I and ″apostrophes,″ cannot be overstated.
- This is demonstrated in this cake topper tutorial video, which you can see below.
Cake Topper Supplies
Card Stock Paper
- The thickest and most durable card material available should be used when making a cake topper to ensure that it will last for years.
- For all of my cake toppers, I always use glitter card paper from Michael’s ″Recollections″ line of products.
- Hobby Lobby carries a comparable brand, dubbed ″Paper Studio,″ that is significantly lighter in weight than the one mentioned above.
- Cake toppers are embellished with the ″Paper Studio″ logo, however the cake topper itself is not made with the ″Paper Studio.″ Regular card stock that is not embellished with glitter is insufficient for the creation of a cake topper.
- Without double-sided card stock or an attachment to a heavier material, the cake topper will be insufficiently sturdy for its intended use.
- After a while, it will either flip over or shatter.
A detailed evaluation of my favorite glitter card stocks, as well as information on where to acquire them, can be found here.
Cake Topper Sticks
- When it comes to cake topper sticks, I use the wooden, food-grade skewers that can be bought in the baking department at Hobby Lobby.
- The skewers sold at Hobby Lobby are shorter and thinner in comparison to the skewers offered at the supermarket store chain.
- They produce the most beautiful cake topper sticks ever!
- The skewers from Hobby Lobby are available in a natural wood hue that complements the majority of glitter card material.
- For cake toppers that I sell, I usually go the additional mile and spray paint the top half of the skewer to match the glitter card stock.
- I just wrap the bottom section of the stick (which will be inserted into the cake) with painter’s tape and spray paint the top piece of the stick.
Allowing the paint to dry completely before removing the painter’s tape allows me to get a very clear line around the skewer every time.
- Applying the Hobby Lobby skewer to your Recollections glitter card stock cake topper with hot glue is the final step in crafting the perfect cake topper for your special occasion.
- Instead of using conventional craft glue, hot glue dries faster and provides additional rigidity for the skewer and topping.
- Furthermore, there is no concern about it slipping off the cake while it is on the cake!
- Until then, best of luck with your cake topper designs.
- Please post photos of your creations on Instagram using the hashtags sprinkledwithpaper and sprinkledwithpaper.
- I’d be interested in seeing how your cake toppers come out!
Best of luck with your creation!
Handlettered Wedding Cake Topper
Hello there, buddies! Hello, everyone. This is Missy Briggs. Let me demonstrate a quick and simple method for obtaining that high-quality laser-cut wood for your customised wedding cake topper. I can’t wait to see how well you handle this assignment.
Here’s what you need:
- The following materials: Silhouette Wood Paper, Silhouette Adhesive Paper, neutral color cardstock, lollipop sticks or wire, gold paint, a hot glue gun, and glue sticks
A little aside on fantastic products: the Silhouette Wood Paper is just stunning. You’re going to come up with 10 different applications for it right away. Earlier last month, when I was putting together doll furniture, I searched through a pack to construct a fast wooden coffee table.
Step one: Import or design
Create a hand-lettered design with the Silhouette Studio® program and then cut it out. In the Silhouette Design Store, you may also put in a phrase of your choosing using one of the hundreds of typefaces available.
Step two: Trace
To use an imported jpg, first open the Trace Window and then select the Trace area from the drop-down menu. With your mouse, draw a bounding box around your design and trace the outline of that bounding box. It is possible that you may need to make adjustments using the high pass filter. Check out this page for a more in-depth explanation of tracing..
Step three: Cut
- Cut your pattern out of any of the three colors of Wood Paper that you have chosen.
- To get the appearance of a laser-wood cut pattern, you will need to cut five or six layers of material and stack them together.
- This gives the design a wonderful depth, and it also helps to ensure that the design is stable in the final version.
- I created a four-layer structure out of sticky cardstock and backed it with a neutral-tone paper.
- You may also use standard cardstock and a small amount of adhesive between layers if you want to save money.
Step four: Paint and adhere
- Use gold glitter paint to decorate your floral wire or lollipop sticks, taking care not to paint the piece that will be placed into the cake.
- Using hot glue, attach the laminated wood paper on the gold wire using a circular motion.
- You’ve got this, I’m sure of it!
- Add ″wedding décor professional″ to your list of qualifications.
- and Mrs.
are my favorite names, but a monogram would be equally as lovely.What will you choose to write on your cake topper is entirely up to you.
DIY Cake Topper
- Mother’s Day is one of my favorite holidays!
- Every family member works together to make Mom feel like she’s the best thing that has happened since yoga pants on this one day each year.
- It also serves as an opportunity to indulge in cake without feeling guilty about it!
- In order for you to imagine every day is Mother’s Day and eat all the cake, I created this week’s free shape into the cutest cake topper.
- Allow me to demonstrate how to create your own cake topper using Silhouette’s chipboard and sticky card stock products.
You Will Need:
- Silhouette Cameo® (or Portrait)
- Silhouette Chipboard
- Silhouette Adhesive Cardstock
- Patterned Paper
- Wooden Skewer or Straw
STEP ONE: EDIT YOUR DESIGN
- (1) Open your design in Silhouette Studio and scale it to the size that you want it to be.
- (2) Open the offset window and increase the offset distance to 0.165 in the offset distance window.
- Please keep in mind that increasing the offset will result in a solid backdrop behind the form, allowing the cake topper to be cut out as a single solid piece.
- (3) Either deselect the original form in the cut options box or just drag it off the design page, leaving only the offset behind.
STEP TWO: CUT OUT PIECES
- When it comes to the rear layer of our cake topper, we’ll be using chipboard from Silhouette.
- It’s lovely and solid, and it’ll be able to withstand all of that delicious icing without breaking down!
- (1) Attach a sheet of chipboard to your cutting mat, pick chipboard from the cut settings window, and adjust your blade to the appropriate setting.
- (2) (2) Insert the media into your computer’s drive.
- 3) To cut, select ″Send to Silhouette″ from the drop-down menu.
- It’s as simple as putting in your fresh media and repeating the cut to create the second portion of your cake topper.
When it comes to constructing the second layer, there are a plethora of alternatives (or you could even leave it as is).I, on the other hand, opted for cardstock with an adhesive backing.Due to the adhesive backing, it’s a little thicker than typical card stock, which makes it very simple to apply it to the initial layer.
Leave your design in Silhouette Studio® as is, but be sure to adjust the cut settings to the suggested option for Adhesive-Backed Cardstock before you start cutting.Then it’s only a matter of feeding your media into the machine and repeating the cut process again.You’ll need to do a few of things for the final layer of your cake topper: (1) Delete (or relocate) the offset and transfer the original design back to the design board.
(4) Make any necessary adjustments to your cut settings for your chosen media and cut out the original pattern to produce the final layer.Embrace your inner artist and let your imagination run wild here!I’ve been saving this flowery scrapbook paper for the proper project to put it on, and I really like how the words stand out against the white backdrop of the paper.
STEP THREE: ADHERE YOUR DESIGN
This section is rather self-explanatory in nature. I simply adhered the flowery writing to the cardstock layer with a glue stick, which I had on hand (which I first attached to the chipboard). Attach your wooden skewer (or a gorgeous paper straw!) to the rear of your form by dabbing a little amount of hot glue onto it from the back.
STEP FOUR: BAKE A CAKE!
Okay, so you aren’t required to bake a cake, but you will want to do so! It’s a lot of pleasure to have your own cake topper displayed on top of a beautiful cake! You get much more enjoyment out of it if you get to devour the whole thing! Best of luck with your creation!
Designing Cake and Cupcake Toppers with Silhouette CAMEO for Beginners
When it comes to making cake and cupcake toppers using the Silhouette CAMEO, I get a surprising number of inquiries.Starting with Silhouette Studio, make sure that your design is made in a way that it will not flopp over, as well as cutting the appropriate material for the project.It’s usually not an issue when you’re working with a simple design, but when you’re creating cake toppers from complicated designs like a monogram or a wedding cake topper, you have to take the design into consideration.The most difficult designs to create are those that are pre-fabricated, since if they are planned correctly, they should already be welded together before they are constructed.
Take, for example, this Happy 2018 graphic that I’ve created.Despite the fact that it is one continuous piece, if I were to cut this pattern into a cake topper, it would have no chance of standing up straight.However, with a little knowledge of how to manage it, you can make it a little more topper-friendly.
This novice way of manufacturing cupcake or cake toppers involves creating a huge offset around the design so that you have two layers, with the solid offset holding the more delicate design and the more delicate design being held by the solid offset.Fill in the blanks of your original design with a solid color to make it simpler for you to picture the design while you’re working on it.To access the Offset panel, click on the Offset button.After you’ve picked the original design, click ″Offset.″ The default offset distance of.125 is likely to be insufficient for most applications.Increase the distance between the two points by sliding the slider bar or manually altering the space between them.Always keep in mind that any overlapping sections of the offset will be automatically welded together.
- When you’re finished, click the Apply button.
- You’re not finished yet; we need to eliminate any internal bits of the