2⅛cups all-purpose flour
What is the difference between chocolate cake and Black Forest Cake?
Traditionally, Black Forest Cake brushes the layers of chocolate cake with cherry liqueur and then adds chopped cherries to the whipped cream filling. I personally really like to taste my flavors and the cherries a little more, so I mixed it up a bit.
What Flavour is Black Forest?
According to one school of thought, the name is derived from the specialty liquor of that region, known as Schwarzwälder Kirsch(wasser), which is distilled from tart cherries. This is the ingredient that gives the dessert its distinctive cherry pit flavor and alcoholic content flavor.
Is there alcohol in Black Forest Cake?
Does Black Forest Cake have alcohol? Yes, this authentic German dessert is made with Kirsch, a clear, colorless cherry-flavored liquor that gives the cake its special flavor. Interestingly, the cake can not legally be sold under the Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte name in Germany if the liquor is not used in making the cake.
How do you make a dark forest?
How to make black forest cake (stepwise photos)
- Grease two 6 inch cake pans or one 8 inch cake pan.
- Place a sieve over a large mixing bowl.
- Next add 1 ½ cups flour – all-purpose flour or wheat flour (180 grams) and ⅓ teaspoon salt.
- Add 1 teaspoon Baking soda.
- Sieve all of them and mix well.
- Add 1 cup sugar.
What are the 3 types of cake?
Below is a comprehensive but by no means exhaustive list of the basic types of cakes.
Is Black Forest Cake taste bitter?
It’s known for its chocolate sponge cake layers and whipped cream topped with tart cherries to give it a distinct sweet-tart flavor profile. The taste can be described as richly chocolaty from the dark cocoa powder used in the sponges while still being tart from using tart cherries.
Why is called Black Forest Cake?
National Black Forest Cake
The cake is named not directly after the Black Forest (Schwarzwald) mountain range in southwestern Germany but rather from the specialty liquor of that region, known as Schwarzwälder Kirsch(wasser) and distilled from tart cherries.
What country is Black Forest Cake from?
We are, of course, referring to the Black Forest Cake from Germany, one of the most popular and beloved cakes around the globe. The lavish dessert is also known as Black Forest gateau.
Why is it called Black Forest?
Legend has it they were inspired by Germany’s Black Forest (Schwarzwald)—the spectacular mountain range in Baden-Württemberg. The Black Forest gets its name from the oppressive canopy of evergreens looming above the forest floor.
Who invented the Black Forest cake?
The gateau was invented 100 years ago. According to the official story, it was created by baker Josef Keller (1887-1981), who first decided to combine cream, cherries and schnapps in a cake.
Can u Freeze Black Forest Cake?
Can you freeze Black Forest Cake? The whole cake wouldn’t freeze very well, but by all means freeze the individual sponge cake layers if you want to make this ahead of time. Double wrap them in plastic wrap once cooled and stick them in the freezer.
How long will Black Forest Cake keep?
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Cover and store leftover cake at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Which is the most tasty cake?
Top 10 Most Popular Cakes
Which cake is best for birthday?
Top 10 Cakes for Birthday Celebrations
What is the Black Forest?
The Black Forest (German: Schwarzwald ( listen)) is a large forested mountain range in south-west Germany, in the state of Baden-Württemberg, bounded by the Rhine valley to the west and south and close to the borders with France and Switzerland. It is the source of the Danube and Neckar rivers.
How to make Black Forest cake without oven?
How to make Black Forest cake from Lilo and Stitch?
Stitch’s Second-hand Black Forest Cake. I love this scene. Lilo and Stitch each get some yummy cake (why they would give chocolate cake to a supposed dog is beyond me…). Stitch eats both pieces and then spits them out and fixes them up.
What liquor is in Black Forest cake?
– Buttermilk substitute: Add 1 tsp of lemon to 1 cup of warm milk and let stand for 10 mins. – The cherry syrup can be easily replaced with store bought cherry syrup or cherry liquor. – I used candy melts for chocolate decorations. You can use chocolate chips too.
This Black Forest Cake Looks Impressive, Tastes Amazing & is So EASY!
Black Forest Cake is created with rich chocolate cake, whipped cream that has been freshly whisked together, fresh cherries, and cherry liqueur, also known as kirschwasser!Make this delicious version of the classic German chocolate cake at home using only a few simple ingredients!The basis of this cake is made from my moist chocolate cake, which is included in the recipe.If you’re searching for a very delicious and simple chocolate cake recipe, look no further!
What Is Black Forest Cake?
For centuries, people have enjoyed Black Forest Cake, which is a traditional German cake distinguished by layers of chocolate cake sandwiched between layers of whipped cream topped with cherries and most importantly, kirschwasser (a clear cherry liqueur made from sour cherries), which is poured over the top.It’s a delectable cake that’s especially appropriate for this time of year, given the abundance of fresh cherries available.
How Do You Make Black Forest Cake?
Step 1: Make the Cherry Mixture
You’ll begin by preparing the cherry combination, which will be used in the Black Forest Cake.According to tradition, the layers of chocolate cake are brushed with cherry liqueur before the whipped cream filling is topped with the chopped cherries.I personally prefer to taste my flavors and the cherries a little more intensely, so I changed up the recipe a little.The cherries are slowly cooked in the cherry liqueur over a low heat in a saucepan.
- It softens the cherries a little and allows their juices to be released.
- The filling has been thickened a little with cornstarch, but it is still fairly syrupy in consistency.
- There is something delicious about the entire combo.
Although it’s rather powerful, you can truly taste the cherries and the liqueur in this drink, and you’ll almost want to eat it with a spoon if you’re not cautious.
Step 2: Make the Chocolate Cake Layers
The chocolate cake layers are the next step. This chocolate cake is a personal favorite of mine. It’s really moist and light, yet it’s packed with chocolate flavor! Furthermore, it is quite simple to prepare, and it may even be done with only a bowl and a whisk!
Step 3: Make Your Homemade Whipped Cream
The whipped cream should be ready by the time the filling and cake layers are finished baking. It’s a stabilized whipped cream that I use on a daily basis and really enjoy it. Make careful to leave the powdered sugar in the whipped cream since that is what helps to keep it stable. I understand that it may be tempting to cut it, but it is actually extremely crucial in this context.
Step 4: Assemble Your Black Forest Cake
To begin assembling the cake, place the first cake layer on a serving plate, cake stand, or cardboard cake circle to serve as a base.Spread roughly a cup of the cherry and liqueur mixture onto the cake and allow it to set for 10 minutes.The fluids will seep into the chocolate cake, adding extra moisture and taste to each layer as a result of their absorption.Repeat the process until the cherries are completely covered with whipped cream.
- The remaining whipped cream should be used to frost the cake.
- To ensure complete coating, you’ll want to apply a fairly thick layer of whipped cream on top.
- Unless you use whipped cream, the chocolate cake will be visible through the cream.
Step 5: Garnish with Cherries and Chocolate Ganache
As far as cakes go, the entire process of making this cake is fairly straightforward.The filling comes together quickly, the chocolate cake is simple and straightforward, and the whipped cream frosting is about as simple as icing gets.Not to mention how simple it is to actually apply on the cake and make it appear beautiful with minimal work on your part.All that takes a little extra time is pitting the cherries, which is something I’d recommend investing in a nice cherry pitter.
- In order to complete the cake, drizzle it with chocolate ganache, swirl it with whipped cream, and top it with a few more cherries.
- I also sprinkled some chocolate shavings on top for a little of texture.
- The finished cake is not only visually appealing and entertaining to look at, but it is also tasty!
The cherries and tart cherry liqueur really stand out in this dessert, and they pair perfectly with the light cream and chocolate cake.The cherry’ smoothness is something else I enjoy about them.This is such a classic flavor combination — and it is easy to see why.
What can I use in the Black Forest Cake instead of kirschwasser?
In addition to the cherry liqueur, you might use another fruity liquor such as raspberry, which I strongly prefer over the cherry. Something like Chambord, for example, may be delicious. If you want to make the cake non-alcoholic, you can simply replace the alcohol with water. Recipes can be printed
Black Forest Cake
- Life, Love, and Sugar is the author of this work.
- Preparation time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- cooking time: 30 minutes
- total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- yield: 12-14 slices
- time required: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Dessert is a category.
- Oven is the method of cooking.
- American cuisine is served.
Black Forest Cake is created with rich chocolate cake, whipped cream that has been freshly whisked together, fresh cherries, and cherry liqueur, also known as kirschwasser! Make this delectable rendition of the famous German chocolate cake at home with only a few simple ingredients!
CHERRY LIQUEUR MIXTURE
- Using a rich chocolate cake, whipped cream, cherries, and cherry liqueur (also known as kirschwasser), this Black Forest Cake is a delicious dessert. Making the famous German chocolate cake at home is a delightful option, and this tasty version is simple to prepare.
- 3/4 cup (85g) cocoa
- 2 cups (414g) sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 big eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) boiling water
WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
- Cold heavy whipping cream (3 3/4 cups (900mL)
- 2 cups (230g) powdered sugar
- 3 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/2 cup | 86g)
- 1/4 cup (60mL) heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz (1/2 cup | 86g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cook the cherry mixture in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat while stirring constantly until the sugar, cornstarch, and liqueur (or water) are completely dissolved.Heat until the mixture is moist and the sugar has begun to melt, about 3 minutes more.2.Pour in the cherries and toss them around to coat them with the sugar syrup.
- Cook the mixture until the cherries begin to soften and release juices, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat when the cherries are juicie and the liquid has started to thicken.
Pour the mixture into a separate bowl and place it in the refrigerator until it is cold.Preparation: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius) and spray three 8-inch cake pans with nonstick baking spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper to form the cake layers.5.In a large mixing basin, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly combined.
Make a mental note to put it away.6.Combine the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl until well combined.7.Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly blended and smooth.
Using a low speed mixer, slowly add the hot water to the batter until everything is fully blended.Scrape down the edges of the basin as often as necessary to ensure that everything is thoroughly blended.9.Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with a few wet crumbs.10.Remove the cakes from the oven and set them aside for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to complete cooling.
11.To prepare the whipped cream, place the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beat on high speed for about 2 minutes.Using the whisk attachment, whip the mixture until firm peaks form.12.To layer the cake, start by removing the domes off the tops of the cakes using a broad serrated knife, ensuring that they are all level.See my suggestions on how to level a cake and how to stack a cake for further information.
13.Place the first cake layer on a serving plate or a cardboard cake circle to serve as a base for the other layers.Some of the remaining whipped cream should be used to pipe a dam around the exterior of the cake layer.15.Distribute 3/4 to 1 cup of the cherry mixture on top of the cake, in the center of the dam, as a finishing touch.The fluids will seep into the cake and make it moist.
16.Spread a layer of whipped cream over the remaining portion of the dam and smooth it out into an equal layer.17.Place the second layer of cake on top of the first, and then repeat steps 14 through 16.18.
Place the third and final layer of cake on top of the first two layers.19.Spread the whipped cream on the top and exterior of the cake to decorate it.Place the cake in the refrigerator to cool.
To prepare the chocolate ganache, place the chocolate chips in a medium-sized mixing basin and stir until smooth (see my tips on making chocolate ganache).Then, just before it begins to boil, heat the heavy whipping cream and pour it over the chocolate chunks to combine them.22, after 1-2 minutes, mix the chocolate and cream together until smooth and silky.Using a pastry bag, pipe a border around the outside edge of the cake and then fill in the middle.
- I just swirled it around the top of the container in circles to create a pleasing effect.
- See my instructions on how to make a chocolate drip cake.
- Using the leftover whipped cream, pipe swirls of whipped cream around the top of the cake to finish it off.
- Finally, add some more cherries and chocolate shavings to the top of the cake to finish it off perfectly.
- A vegetable peeler may be used to create chocolate shavings by running it down the edge of a dark chocolate bar.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cake is best enjoyed within two to three days of baking.
- My favorite way to preserve cakes is in an airtight container (the cupcake inserts are removable for a nice, tall cake carrier).
- Cook the cherry mixture in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat while stirring constantly until the sugar, cornstarch, and liqueur (or water) are completely dissolved. 2. Stir constantly while heating until the mixture is moist and the sugar starts to melt. 2. Gently toss the cherries in the sugar mixture, coating them completely. Combine ingredients in a saucepan and cook until the cherries begin to soften and release juices. 3. Remove the pan from the heat when the cherries are juicie and the liquid has started to thicken. 4. Fill a second bowl with the mixture, and place it in the refrigerator until it is completely chilled. For the cake layers, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease and line three 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper or nonstick baking spray before baking. 5) In a large mixing basin, sift or whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make a note of it. 6. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla essence, and eggs. 7. Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly blended and smooth in texture. Using a low speed mixer, slowly incorporate the hot water into the batter until everything is properly blended. To ensure that everything is well blended, scrape down the edges of the bowl as needed. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake pan comes out with a few wet crumbs on it, before removing from the oven. 10. Remove the cakes from the oven and set them aside to rest for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. 11. The heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract are combined in a large mixer bowl to create the fluffy whipped cream on the top of the cake. Using the whisk attachment, whip the mixture until firm peaks form. *** Using a broad serrated knife, cut away the domes from the tops of the cakes so that they are flat before layering them together. Learn how to level a cake and how to stack a cake by reading my recommendations. 14. Using a large serving plate or a cardboard cake ring, place the first cake layer on top of the second. Some of the remaining whipped cream should be used to pipe a dam around the edge of each cake layer. 15. Distribute 3/4 to 1 cup of the cherry mixture on top of the cake, in the center of the dam, as seen in the photo. The fluids will seep into the cake and make it moister. 16. Spread a layer of whipped cream over the remaining portion of the dam and smooth it out evenly. The second layer of cake should be added next, and the process should be repeated from steps 14 to 16. Place the third and final layer of cake on top of the previous two layers of cake. 19. Spread the whipped cream on top and around the exterior of the cake. Refrigerate the cake for at least one hour. Pour the chocolate chunks into a medium-sized mixing dish and whisk until smooth. 20. (see my tips on making chocolate ganache). Then, just before it starts to boil, heat the heavy whipping cream and pour it over the chocolate chunks. Allow the chocolate and cream to settle for 1-2 minutes before whisking until smooth. Using a pastry bag, pipe a border around the cake and fill in the middle with chocolate ganache. Just a simple swirling motion around the top to create a neat-looking graphic was all I needed to do. My suggestions for preparing a chocolate drip cake may be found on my website. 24. Using the remaining whipped cream, pipe swirls of whipped cream around the top of the cake. Finally, add some more cherries and chocolate shavings to the top of the cake to finish it off perfectly! Simply run a vegetable peeler down the edge of a chocolate bar to create the chocolate shavings. Cake should be covered and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If possible, devour the cake within two to three days of making it. Baking cakes in an airtight container is something I enjoy doing (the cupcake inserts are removable for a nice, tall cake carrier).
Keywords: black forest cake, blast forest recipe, cherry liqueur dessert, german chocolate cake, simple black forest cake, easy black forest cake, how to create black forest cake Enjoy! This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. It is possible that this content will include affiliate sales links. Please take the time to read my disclosure policy.
Black Forest Cake Recipe
Enjoy this German Black Forest cake recipe for a decadent chocolate cake drenched in rum and topped with cherries and whipped cream, which you can create in your own kitchen.It is a wonderful and beautiful cake that can be used for any occasion.Hooray!I baked my first Black Forest cake, which was a success.
- It is an alcoholic cake intended for adults; however, if the Kirsch is substituted with any other juice, it might be presented to children as well.
What is Black Forest cake?
It is known in German as Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, which is a rich chocolate cake whose layers of chocolate are soaked with Kirsch-flavored syrup and then topped with cherries.Black Forest cake, Black Forest gâteau, or Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte are all names for the same dessert.Decorative elements include chocolate shavings (also known as chocolate curls), swirls of whipped cream, and cherries placed on top of the cake, all of which make this cake seem really magnificent.Know that March 28 is National Black Forest Cake Day in the United States of America?
- This day commemorates a delicious cuisine celebration that is dedicated to the Black Forest cake.
Origin of Black Forest cake
The Black Forest cake is named after the Black Forest region in Germany, which is located in the country’s southwestern region and is known as Der Schwarzwald.The cake was created in 1934 and made its debut in the following year.Later, it rose to become the most popular cake in Germany.Whether it was confectioner Josef Keller or pastry chef Erwin Hildenbrand who developed the original recipe for Black Forest cake is still a matter of controversy.
Why is it called Black Forest cake?
According to one of the stories, the cake was called after the Black Forest (Schwarzwald) mountain range in Germany’s southwest, which is where it originated. However, it is more often accepted that the name of the Black Forest cake comes from the specialized liquor produced in that region, known as Schwarzwälder Kirsch (wasser).
Black Forest cake with alcohol
Is there any alcohol in Black Forest Cake?It is true that this traditional German delicacy is created with Kirsch, a clear, colorless liqueur with a cherry taste that gives the cake its distinctive flavor.It is interesting to note that if the liquor is not used in the cake’s preparation, it is not permitted to sell the cake under the Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte moniker in Germany.In the United States, the cake is almost always baked without the use of alcohol or liquor.
You may use fruit-based brandy or rum instead of Kirsch if you can’t find it in your local liquor store.If you’re serving the cake to children, fruit juice should be substituted.A cherry brandy essence (0.65 ounces/20 milliliters) may be purchased to produce Kirsch, which can then be made at home.Pour the whole contents of the container into an empty 33 fl oz/one-liter glass bottle and top it off with 1-14 cups/280 g granulated (caster) sugar.
- Mix vigorously until the sugar is completely dissolved, then add 26 fl oz/770 ml Neutral vodka and shake again.
- It is completely ready for usage.
Why you should try this recipe
- The Black Forest cake recipe is simple to prepare and can be completed in about 2 hours.
- Chocolate cake for chocolate lovers
- the cake is one of Germany’s most popular sweets
- it is a chocolate cake for chocolate lovers
- It is appropriate for every event, including a birthday party, a wedding reception, an anniversary, and so on.
A short rundown of the materials you’ll need is provided below.Complete recipe with specific proportions and directions may be found at the link below.For the greatest results, I recommend following the recipe exactly as described.Use cold big eggs to separate the egg whites from the yolks while separating egg whites from yolks.
- Allow the egg whites and yolks to come to room temperature before using.
- Sugar: either granulated or caster sugar should be used.
- If you wish, you may use Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract or alcohol-free vanilla flavoring for the vanilla extract.
All-purpose flour is called for in this recipe, as is whole wheat flour.Corn starch is used in conjunction with all-purpose flour to increase the crumb strength of the cake and make it more dense.Cocoa powder: To prepare the cake, use unsweetened cocoa powder instead of sugar.Unsalted butter should be used, melted, and then allowed to cool to room temperature.
When making the whipping cream, choose your preferred brand of heavy whipping cream that contains 35 percent fat content.Vanilla sugar: two sachets of vanilla sugar are required for this recipe to be successful.You may also use normal sugar in place of the granulated sugar.Cherries: You may prepare this cake all year round using maraschino cherries, or you can use Morello cherries when they are in season.Decorative cherries with stems are required to round off the cake’s design.
Learn how to manufacture several varieties of chocolate shavings, including dark chocolate shavings, by reading this article.Make use of high-quality dark chocolate, such as Valrhona dark chocolate, for this recipe.Keep the chocolate shavings refrigerated until you’re ready to use them.In the case of Kirsch, you can choose true cherry liqueur Kirsch, brew it yourself using cherry brandy essence, or substitute it with fruit-based brandy or rum.If you want to offer the cake to children, you may substitute any fruit juice for the alcohol or leave it out entirely.
How to make Black Forest cake
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C before beginning to create the chocolate biscuit.Prepare a 7-inch/18-cm cake pan by buttering it and lining the bottom and sides with parchment paper.Using an egg separator, separate the egg whites from the yolks and set them aside to cool completely.In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and egg yolks and beat on high speed for about 5 minutes (photo 1).
- Using a flour sifter, sift the flour, baking powder, corn starch, and cocoa powder together until well combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the egg yolk mixture until everything is well-combined (photo 2).
- Using a large mixing basin, transfer the mixture.
Prepare the egg whites in a separate dish by whipping them with salt until firm peaks form, then fold them into the main recipe in multiple additions (photo 3).Between each addition of egg whites, use a rubber spatula to thoroughly mix the mixture.Mix in the melted butter that has been allowed to cool to room temperature (photo 4).Pour the cake batter into the pan that has been prepared (picture 5) and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean (photo 6).
Allow the cake to cool in the pan for approximately 15 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.The whipped cream frosting is made by placing whipping cream, vanilla sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beating on high speed until stiff.Make a note of it (photo 7).To prepare the sugar syrup, fill a small saucepan halfway with water and sugar and bring it to a boil.When the sugar has completely dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and stir in a few drops of Kirsch.
To build the cake, cut the cooked cake crosswise into three similar layers using a serrated knife before assembling the layers.If the top of the cake is domed, make the cake’s surface even with the domed top.Using a silicone or pastry brush, saturate the first cake layer with the kirsch-flavored syrup.Repeat with the other cake layers.Spread the first layer of whipped cream on top of the cake.Place the drained cherries on top of the cream (picture 8) and apply extra cream on top of the cherries to cover them completely.
Cover with the second cake layer and drizzle with the kirsch syrup to finish off.Cover the top of the cake with more whipped cream.Place the cherries on top, and then put the whipped cream on top of that.Place the top biscuit layer on top of the other layers and soak with the syrup.To produce dark chocolate shaving, shave the chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler after it has been melted (photo 9).Place chocolate shavings on top of the whipped cream, and then spread another layer of whipped cream on top of the chocolate shavings to finish off the cake.
Using an open star tip, pipe numerous swirls of whipped cream onto the top of the cake to finish it off.Put a cherry on top of each swirl to finish it off (photo 10).Allow for 2 to 3 hours of refrigeration before cutting and serving the cake.
- If there are any lumps in the cake mixture before baking, put it through a fine-mesh sieve to remove them before baking.
- The cake pan should be tapped on the counter a few times to assist remove air bubbles from the mixture.
- Bake the cake biscuits a day ahead of time, wrap them in plastic wrap, and place them in the refrigerator overnight.
- When serving the cake to children, use a fruit-based brandy, rum, or fruit juice for the Kirsch.
- Using a paper towel, squeeze the maraschino cherries out of their juices.
- Keep the chocolate shavings refrigerated until you’re ready to assemble the cake.
Frequently asked questions
Is it possible to bake Black Forest cake without using alcohol?You may eliminate the Kirsch from the recipe if you want to make the cake kid friendly.Is it possible to make a Black Forest cake from a chocolate cake mix?Although the traditional Black Forest cake is baked from scratch, if you are short on time, you may make the biscuits from a chocolate cake mix instead.
- As a result, you will have a more streamlined and time-saving version of Black Forest cake.
- Is it possible to create Black Forest cake ahead of time?
- You may prepare the biscuit a day ahead of time, wrap it in plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
The following day, put the cake together and decorate it.How to keep a Black Forest cake fresh It is necessary to keep the Black Forest cake refrigerated.It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 to 3 days.Is it possible to freeze Black Forest cake?
Because the Black Forest cake is created with whipped cream, it is not advised that the entire cake be frozen.You may cover the cake biscuit in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer.Is it okay to have Black Forest cake when expecting a child?Black Forest cake is created using eggs, which are also used in the preparation of cake biscuits.Because the biscuit is baked, Black Forest cake is completely safe to consume while pregnant.
Use pasteurized cream while whipping the cream for the whipped cream.Additionally, when constructing the cake, leave out the alcohol.
Love cakes? Try these next!
Look through all of the Cake Recipes. Do you have a sweet tooth? To receive recipe updates directly in your inbox, sign up for my monthly newsletter. To keep up with my activities, you may also follow me on other media platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Yummly. Print
Black Forest Cake Recipe
- This German Black Forest cake recipe is for a rich chocolate cake that has been soaked in rum and adorned with maraschino cherries and whipped cream. It is a delicious treat. It is a wonderful and beautiful cake that can be used for any occasion. Total time: 2 hours
- yield: 8 12 gallons
- Cakes are grouped together in this category.
- Baking is the method used.
- German cuisine is served.
For the chocolate cookie, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C before beginning to create the chocolate biscuit. A 7-inch (18-cm) cake pan should be greased and lined with parchment paper on the bottom and sides. Using an egg separator, separate the egg whites from the egg yolks and set them both aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and egg yolks and beat on high speed for about 5 minutes. Using a flour sifter, sift the flour, baking powder, corn starch, and cocoa powder together until well combined. Mix the dry ingredients into the egg yolk mixture until everything is well-combined. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl
- in a separate basin, whisk the egg whites with the salt until firm peaks are formed, then fold them into the main recipe in numerous additions until well combined. Between each addition of egg whites, use a rubber spatula to thoroughly mix the mixture. Mix in the melted butter that has been allowed to cool to room temperature. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out completely clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for approximately 15 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely. To create dark chocolate shaving, shave the chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler. Keep the chocolate shavings refrigerated until you’re ready to assemble the cake. To create the whipped cream, mix heavy whipping cream with vanilla sugar until stiff peaks form. To produce the sugar syrup, bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. When the sugar has completely dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and stir in a few drops of Kirsch. To construct the cake, use a serrated knife to cut the cooked cake crosswise into three similar pieces and set aside. If the top of the cake has a rounded shape, smooth out the top surface. Using a silicone brush, paint the kirsch-flavored syrup onto the first cake layer on the cake board. Repeat with the second cake layer. Then, using a spatula, spread the first layer of whipped cream. Finally, arrange the drained cherries on top of the cream and spread additional cream over the cherries to cover them.
- Cover with the second cake layer and drizzle with the kirsch syrup to finish off. Spread the whipped cream on top once more, then place the cherries on top and cover with the whipped cream once more. Place the top biscuit layer on top of the other layers and soak with the syrup. Whipped cream should be used to cover the surface and edges of the cake, and then chocolate shavings should be sprinkled over the cream.
- Using an open star tip, pipe numerous swirls of whipped cream onto the top of the cake to finish it off. Place a cherry on top of each swirl to finish it off. Preserve the cake for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- If there are any lumps in the cake mixture before baking, put it through a fine-mesh sieve to remove them before baking.
- The cake pan should be tapped on the counter a few times to assist remove air bubbles from the mixture.
- Bake the cake biscuits a day ahead of time, wrap them in plastic wrap, and place them in the refrigerator overnight.
- When serving the cake to children, use fruit-based brandy, rum, or fruit juice for the Kirsch.
- Using a paper towel, squeeze the maraschino cherries out of their juices.
- 1 slice has 586 calories, 43 grams of sugar, 114 milligrams of sodium, 35.2 grams of fat, 21.3 grams of saturated fat, 63.5 grams of carbohydrates, 2.4 grams of fiber, 8.9 grams of protein, and 214 milligrams of cholesterol.
Black Forest cake, Black Forest cake recipe, German Black Forest cake, Black Forest cake with alcohol are some of the terms used to describe this cake.It has been estimated using an internet recipe nutrition calculator such as Verywellfit.com and is provided solely for informative reasons.Please remember that these statistics should only be used as a general guideline and should not be interpreted as a promise.For those of you who are concerned about the nutritional information, you should independently verify it using your favourite method.The nutritional information provided by Baking Like a Chef is for informational purposes only and will not be held accountable for any loss or harm coming from the use of this material.
- You are completely responsible for all health-related decisions you make, as well as for ensuring that any nutritional information you get is correct and complete.
- The recipe was first published on April 4, 2019, and has since been updated.
- It has been changed to incorporate more relevant material and better photographs.
- All of the photos on this page are mine.
Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe
Recipe for eggless black forest cake with video demonstration.This decadently delicious eggless black forest cake is delightfully moist, full of rich chocolate flavor, and topped with chocolate shavings.It is made with layers of chocolate sponge, whipped cream, and cherries, and is excellent for a special occasion.Everybody can make this stunning black forest cake since it is so simple to make.Yes!
- It doesn’t matter whether you are a novice or an expert baker; this recipe is the easiest to make and much simpler than you may expect!
- It is ideal for all occasions and festivities, and will help to make your day unforgettable.
About black forest cake
It is based on a German dish known as ″Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte,″ which means ″Black forest cherry torte.″ Black forest cake, also known as Black Forest gateau, is a traditional chocolate sponge cake filled with cream and cherries.Black forest cake is often composed of multiple layers of very light chocolate sponge cake soaked in kirschwasser (cherry spirit), which is then sandwiched between layers of whipped cream and cherries.Finally, some whipped cream icing, maraschino cherries, and chocolate shavings are used to garnish the top of the cake.Despite the fact that this delectable show-stopping delicacy originated in Germany, it is now created all over the world in a variety of slightly different variations.What is true about the black forest cake, however, is that it is formed from many layers of chocolate sponge cake, which is then topped with a very rich and delicious whipped cream and cherry filling.
- The rest of the ingredients, such as the syrup and cherries used, differ greatly from region to country.
- The German Schwarzwalder Kirshtorte has a key ingredient, kirschwasser, which is a clear liquor (alcohol) created from sour cherries and used in the preparation of the cake.
- In fact, Germans are so devoted to their traditional dessert that a German law stipulates that ″any dessert called Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte must also contain kirschwasser.″ (Source:Wikipedia) In many places, a dessert based on this is created without the use of kirschwasser and is referred to as black forest cake or Black Forest gateau rather than Schwarzwalder Kirshtorte due to the lack of kirschwasser in the recipe.
My recipe is based on the German black forest cake, however it is made without eggs and without alcohol.As previously said, every culture and nation has its own version of the famous German Black Forest cake, which can be found in any supermarket.In this recipe, I’ve substituted a simple sugar syrup for the alcohol, which is cherry spirit, because it’s less sweet.You may also use conventional cherry syrup, and I’ve included the recipe and directions for that below as well.We’ll need a soft and spongy cake for the base of the cake.
- You have the option of making one with or without eggs.
- I’ve made this cake both with and without eggs on a number of times.
- It is possible to get the recipes for both versions on my blog.
- The cake recipe I’ve used here is the same as the one I’ve used on my site, which is the most popular eggless chocolate cake on the internet.
- It turns out to be a delicious, very soft, and tasty cake after baking.
If you are a novice, you may want to read this post as well, in which I discuss the fundamentals of making a delicious cake.However If you want to bake your chocolate sponge cake with eggs, you may want to try this chocolate sponge cake recipe.This cake may also be baked in a cooker, heavy bottom pot, or pan if you do not have access to an oven.Simply follow the instructions in this cooker cake recipe.I strongly advise you to read through the entire recipe and suggestions before you begin so that you don’t make any mistakes.
- This recipe has been separated into two portions to make it easier to follow along.
- The first half is dedicated to the preparation of the cake, and the second section is dedicated to the preparation of the frosting and the decoration of the black forest cake.
- I’ve also included a video demonstration of the entire recipe below.
- Please have a look at that.
How to make black forest cake (stepwise photos)
If you don’t have any 6 inch pans, you may bake one 8-inch cake and split it into two pieces to substitute.Count the amount of layers you want in your black forest cake and mark them on the cake.It is common for it to have at least three to four layers.1.Grease two 6 inch cake pans or one 8 inch cake pan with butter or margarine.
- Prepare them by lining them with parchment paper.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, you can just coat the pans with cocoa and invert them in the kitchen sink to remove any extra cocoa before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius or 340 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 15 minutes.
- Even when baking in the microwave convection setting, use the same procedure.
Place a strainer over a large mixing basin and pour in the ingredients.14 cup cocoa powder should be added (good quality powder).Next, combine 12 cups flour – all-purpose flour or wheat flour (180 grams) with 13 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl.4.Add 1 teaspoon baking soda to the mixture.
- Before using baking soda, be sure it is still active and within the shelf life of the container.
- Sieve everything together and combine thoroughly.
- Stir in 1 cup sugar.
- Fine sugar was used in this recipe.
- You may alternatively powder 1 cup sugar and mix it in with the rest of the ingredients.
7.Pour 13 cup of oil into the pan (80 ml).I used organic virgin coconut oil for this recipe.You may use any light neutral oil in this recipe.8.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract to the mixture.
- 1 cup of milk or water at room temperature (optional).
- 1 tablespoon of Vinegar should be added.
Begin to gently whisk the ingredients together until they are fully incorporated.Scrape the sides of the bowl in between each addition and combine.Make sure you don’t overmix the ingredients.We are not looking for a cake that is gluey or flat.11.
- A smooth batter that is free of lumps should be the result of your efforts.
12.Divide the batter into two prepared muffin tins.Place the cake pans in the center of the oven on the middle rack.Bake for 20 minutes in a 6-inch pan or for 30 to 35 minutes in a 9-inch pan (8 inch pan).Because every oven is different, you should modify the baking time accordingly.
- It’s possible that you’ll need a bit more time.
- When the cake is baked appropriately, the tester comes out clean.
- Remove the cake pans from the oven and set them on the racks to prevent them from sweating at the bottom.
The cakes can be removed by inverting them onto a rack, as illustrated in the illustration.Allow for total cooling on the connected rack.Prepare the sugar syrup or cherry syrup while the cakes are cooling.
For sugar syrup, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 4 to 5 tablespoons water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil until the sugar dissolves completely.Alternatively, you may prepare cherry syrup by combining 3 tablespoons water with chopped cherries.Take a 45-minute break.Later, filter the syrup and utilize it in this application.Gently press the cherries together to remove any extra liquid.
- 17: I never slice my cakes because I like to bake the individual layers in their own pans rather than combining them.
- However, if you have cooked it in a single 8-inch pan, you will need to slice it in half along the middle to make two layers.
- Also, if the top of your cake is uneven, use a cake leveler or a knife to slice it equally across the top.
- Remove any crumbs that have accumulated on the cake.
Distribute 1 to 2 tablespoons of the prepared syrup equally over the tops of the cakes.Set this aside for the time being.This step is quite important since it helps to keep the cake moist.
19.Allow the bowl and beater to cool for a few hours.Then, pour 112 cups cream to a cold mixing bowl and begin whipping on a low speed, gradually increasing to medium speed, until the cream becomes frothy and somewhat thick.Add 3 tablespoons powdered sugar slowly, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth.21.
- Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- When the beaters are raised, stiff peaks remain upright and do not collapse.
- Caution should be exercised during whipping.
- Insert a pipping nozzle into the inside of a piping bag.
Add half a cup of whipped cream to the bowl.Avoid touching the bag excessively as this can cause the cream to become softer.Refrigerate as soon as possible.
23.The eggless black forest cake is topped with chocolate shavings and cherries, and it is served warm.For the chocolate shavings, you can use whatever high-quality chocolate that you want to use.Make shavings of the chocolate bar using a grater or a knife after it has been removed from the refrigerator until it is easily handled.You may prepare this ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
- Make certain that you are doing this step in a cool environment before you begin.
- If you live in a hot climate, you should turn on your air conditioning.
- Place four parchment papers on each of the four corners of the cake stand and top with a teaspoon of cream.
- After that, add one layer of the cake on top of it.
Spread the cream on top of the cake.After that, arrange the chopped cherries on top.25.Place a second cake on top and spread the icing on top of that as well.Avoid handling the cream too much, as it may begin to deflate.
- Apply a thin layer to the sides as well, and place in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
- I constructed a three-tiered cake.
- Spread the icing cream evenly over the entire cake.
- If necessary, chill it once more.
- Then, using a pastry bag, design the cake’s edges.
- Use chocolate shavings to decorate the edges of the cake.
- After that, arrange the cherries on top of the cake and fill in the spaces with more chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate the black forest cake right away until you’re ready to serve it.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the black forest cake into 8 to 10 slices.
More cake recipes may be found here.Biscuit Cake is a type of cake made of biscuits.Vanilla cake made without the use of eggs Chocolate cake is a delicacy.Banana cake is a delicious dessert.Carrot cake made without the use of eggs
The ideal cherries to use for layering and decorating are those that are still fresh.If you like the flavor of maraschino cherries or canned cherries, you may substitute them for the fresh ones.Simply pit the cherries and cut them into bite-size pieces.Set aside a few whole cherries to use as table decorations.Prior to adding the cherries on the cake, let the cherries to come to room temperature.
- Cherry syrup is a sweetener made from cherries.
- It was customary to wet the cake with kirschwasser, a clear alcohol derived from cherries, in the olden days.
- Freshly prepared cherry syrup or sugar syrup can also be used for the store-bought variety.
- Cherry syrup from canned cherries can alternatively be used in this recipe.
Since of the chemicals in the syrup, do not use the syrup from the maraschino cherry because the flavor is not nice.This dish may be made up to one day ahead of time.3.FrostingFor the frosting, heavy whipping cream with a minimum of 36 percent fat or more is recommended.I chose cream that contained 36 percent fat.
- The greater the amount of fat in your whipped cream frosting, the more stable it will be.
- I haven’t used any stabilizers in this recipe, instead opting for handmade confectioners sugar.
- In a blender, I combined 1 tbsp cornstarch with 1 cup sugar and mixed them together.
Is it possible to make this cake ahead of time?Yes, you may prepare this ahead of time.Allow to cool fully before wrapping in cling film and storing in the refrigerator for up to a week.If you like a warm or hot cake, simply microwave it for 1 to 2 minutes on high, depending on how cold the cake is to begin with.What kinds of cherries are the most suitable for this recipe?
- Sour cherries are traditionally used for the syrup, while maraschino cherries are often used for the decoration.
- However, you may use any type of cherry that you have on hand, including fresh cherries, glazed cherries, bing cherries, lambert cherries, and cherries infused with alcohol.
- When it comes to cake, what is the distinction between chocolate cake and black forest cake?
- The traditional German Black forest cake consists of many layers of chocolate sponge cake, whipped cream, cherry filling, and, most significantly, cherry liqueur, also known as kirschwasser, which is used to flavor the cake.
- A chocolate cake, on the other hand, can be thick or sponge cake, with or without layers of filling, and it does not include any cherry wine.
A chocolate cake serves as a foundation for a black forest cake, which can be made from it.Is it true that black forest cake contains alcohol?In fact, while assembling the layers of the classic German black forest cake, known as Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, cherry liqueur was poured to enhance the flavor.However, my recipe does not contain any alcohol and instead uses simple sugar syrup as a substitute.
For the chocolate cake (makes two 6 inch cakes)
- I used virgin coconut oil and 1 tbsp vanilla extract. 112 cups flour (wheat or all-purpose flour)
- 14 cup cocoa (high-quality chocolate)
- 1 tsp baking soda (check expiration date)
- 14 tsp salt
- 1 cup fine sugar or sugar powdered
- 1 cup milk or water (at room temperature, refer to notes)
- 1/3 cup oil (I used virgin coconut oil and 1 tbsp
- 12 to 34 cup chopped cherries (fresh or maraschino)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (omit if preparing cherry syrup)
- 4 to 5 tablespoons water
- 12 cups chilled heavy whipping cream (at least 36 percent fat)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar or confectioners sugar (see notes)
Ingredients for decorating
- 6 to 8 cherries (fresh or maraschino)
- 1 chocolate bar for chocolate shavings
- 6 to 8 cherries (fresh or maraschino)
To make chocolate cake
- Grease and line two 6 inch cake pans or one 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper. Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius for at least 15 minutes
- In a large mixing basin, whisk together the flour, salt, cocoa, and baking soda. Make a well in the center of the sugar mixture and set aside. Pour the oil, vinegar, vanilla, and milk or water into a mixing bowl. Mix until the ingredients are just blended and there are no lumps
- Pour the batter into the cake pans and bang the pans on the kitchen counter a couple of times
- If you are using two 6 inch pans, bake the cake for 20 minutes. If you are using one 8-inch pan, bake it for 30 to 35 minutes. When finished, the tester that was inserted comes out clean
- Allow for 8 to 10 minutes of cooling time in the cake pan on a wire rack. Immediately invert and allow it cool fully before applying the frosting.
Making cherry syrup
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons sugar and 4 to 5 tablespoons water until the sugar dissolves and the water comes to a rolling boil. Alternatively, combine 3 tablespoons water with the chopped cherries and put them for 45 to 50 minutes. Using a strainer, strain the cherries and collect the syrup
- Excess fluids should be carefully pressed out of the cherries.
To make chocolate shavings
- • Allow the chocolate to sit out for a few minutes until it becomes easier to handle. Using a fruit peeler, shave the chocolate bar into thin slices. Keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
- To whip the cream, place a bowl and beaters in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. I also put the cake in the refrigerator for an hour
- If you’re making a single 8-inch cake, you’ll want to cut it into two layers. Instead of slicing the cake, I bake it in two 6-inch round pans. On each layer of the cake, drizzle a little cherry syrup or sugar syrup over the top. Set this aside for the time being
- In a cold mixing bowl, pour in the whipping cream and begin to whisk on a low speed, then on a medium speed, until the cream is frothy and somewhat thick. After that, add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whip until stiff peaks are formed
- Inserting a pipping nozzle into a piping bag or using a disposable plastic bag are both acceptable options. Half-cup of whipped cream should be transferred to the bag. Keep refrigerated until needed
- Keep the bag as close to your body as possible, or the cream may melt.
Decorating the cake
- • Spread 1 tablespoon of whipped cream on the cake stand and then set a cake layer on top of it. After that, start spreading some frosting on top of it. Spread the cream with the chopped cherries over top
- After that, put another piece of cake on top and apply the frosting on top of it. Continue working on the top section and the sides, as well. If the cream begins to get soft, place it in the refrigerator for 45 to 50 minutes, as well as the cake. Finally, a substantial amount of whipped cream should be used to complete the cake. Chocolate shavings should be used to decorate the sides of the cake. Then, using the piping bag, design the border of the cake. I produced around 12 roses, but you may make as many as you like – large or tiny. You have the option of creating your own designs as well
- Make a bed of cold whole cherries on top of the flowers, and then fill in the crevices with chocolate shavings
- Keep the eggless black forest cake refrigerated until you’re ready to serve it.
- For powdered sugar, measure 1 cup sugar first and finely grind it in a food processor or blender. Use 1 tablespoon cornstarch for every 1 cup sugar in a blender and blend it all together.
- Milk or water: Milk makes the cake somewhat denser, but it also adds richness and taste to the cake
- water makes the cake lighter.
- Prepare the cake the night before and keep it at room temperature.
- By the next day, the flavor of the cake has improved.
- Prepare the icing the day before and decorate the cake the next day. It is necessary to refrigerate the cake and complete it within 2 days, otherwise the texture will become slightly dense.
- You may reheat the cake in the microwave and then top it with new icing after it has cooled.
The alternative proportions listed in the recipe card are for the original recipe alone, and are for 1x only.Follow my full step-by-step pictorial instructions and advice, which are located above the recipe card, for the best results.Nutritional Values Eggless Black Forest Cake Nutritional Information Per Serving Calories 502 Calories from Fat 252 percent Daily Value Amount per Serving * 28 g of fat Saturated fat (43 percent, 12 g): Cholesterol (75 percent): 64 milligrams Sodium is included in 21 percent of the body’s sodium intake.11% of the total potassium 201mg carbohydrate content: 6 percent (57 g) 19 percent fiber (around 2 g) Sugar content: 8% (35g) Protein (39 percent, 5 g) 10 percent Vitamin A (705IU) and 14 percent Vitamin C (1.4mg) 10 percent Vitamin A Calcium (73mg) at a 2% concentration 7 percent iron (1.9mg) 11 percent phosphorus In this table, the percent Daily Values (%DV) are calculated using a 2000-calorie diet.Swasthi’s Recipes are a collection of delicious dishes.
11 Types of Cakes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
A sponge cake known as genoise is popular in Italy and France; in genoise, whole eggs are beaten with sugar until they’re thick and ribbony, and then flour (and sometimes butter) is added and the batter is baked; the result is delicious baked in a round cake pan and simply frosted, but genoise is also pliable enough to be baked in a jelly-roll pan and rolled up into a roulade.The flavor of genoise is not very forceful, but it is frequently employed in the construction of layered or rolled cakes when a lighter texture than that of a butter cake is needed.Genoise cake layers are always wet with a flavored syrup to enhance taste and moisture, and they are frequently cut into thin horizontal slices and layered with rich fillings such as buttercream to add structure and texture.European-style layer cakes, which are popular in coffeehouses throughout Europe, are distinguished from American-style butter layer cakes, which have fewer and thicker layers and are more commonly seen in bakeries in the United States.
5. Biscuit Cake
Baking biscuit cakes (also known as bees-kwee) is similar to making genoise in that both egg whites and egg yolks are used, but instead of whipping them together as in the case of genoise, they are beaten separately and then folded back together.This results in a light batter that is drier than a genoise, but which keeps its shape better once it has been thoroughly mixed.In order to do this, it’s frequently utilized to create piped forms such as ladyfingers.When cooked in a tube pan, similar to that of an angel food cake, it produces a highly chewy sponge cake that was fashionable in the early twentieth century but has since fallen out of fashion.However, it is still referred to be the original Passover sponge cake in a slightly modified version, in which the flour is substituted with matzoh cake meal and potato starch.
Black Forest Cake (Traditional German Recipe)
- The Black Forest cake is a classic German dessert that is served on a variety of special occasions, including wedding anniversaries and birthday celebrations. This cake, which originates in Germany’s Black Forest area, has been appreciated by residents and visitors alike for many years. By the way, have you ever eaten my famous Sacher Torte or Bee Sting Cake? If not, you should! Tradition has it that it’s served with whipped cream and cherries on top of a chocolate sponge cake that has been steeped in cherry syrup or kirsch before being assembled. How to bake Black Forest cake at home is covered in detail in this blog post. Jump to: What is Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte)?
- What is a Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte)?
- Was it a Torte, Cake, or Gateau that you made?
- Several layers of chocolate sponge cake
- What kind of cocoa powder do I require?
- What kinds of cherries should I use?
- Can you tell me what I can use instead of Kirsch?
- Whipped Cream with a Stabilizer
- How to build it
- how to decorate it
- how long does it survive and how should it be stored
- can it be frozen?
- Expert advice for achieving success
- a photo instructional
- Try these other festive desserts
What is Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte)?
This multi-layered chocolate and cherry torte, also known as Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte in German, was initially developed in the Black Forest region of Germany and has since become a popular dessert across the world.Known for its chocolate sponge cake layers and whipped cream, which are topped with tart cherries to give it a distinct sweet-tart flavor profile, it is a popular dessert in the United Kingdom.The flavor may be characterized as intensely chocolatey due to the use of dark cocoa powder in the sponges, while yet being tart due to the use of tart cherries in the recipe.The light mouthfeel is attributed to the whipped cream icing.