A diaper cake is basically a cake-shaped gift that’s made of diapers. It’s most often decorated with things like ribbons, small baby items, paper cutouts, and even a little sign that says something like “Oh, baby!”
How much does it cost to make a diaper cake?
Professionally made cakes can cost close to $100.00 or more. But you can create your own for the cost of diapers, a few decorations, and some simple craft supplies. Now that you know how to make a diaper cake you can be the talk of the next baby shower you go to with one of these fun themed cakes!
Can you make a diaper cake to reveal the sex?
Finally, you can also make one to reveal the sex of the baby! You can do diaper cakes in a variety of tiers, colors, and sizes as well, depending on how you arrange it and how many diapers you decide to use. Traditionally, they can have 2, 3, or 4 tiers, but you can really take it home and make one with 5 or 6.
How do you make a diaper cake out of diapers?
While it may seem complicated, creating a diaper a cake is actually quite simple with the right supplies and patience. First, you will want to glue your sparkling cider to the middle of your cardboard. Roll up 64 diapers and then rubber band them. Take 32 of your diapers and arrange them close together around the bottle.
What is the purpose of a diaper cake?
They typically serve two fundamental purposes: as a unique decorative piece (for a baby shower or nursery), and practically for helping your new parents care for their newborn. After being displayed, parents can use the diapers, which are all brand new, fresh out of the package Pampers brand, on their baby.
What do you put in a diaper cake?
Place items like baby lotion, baby wipes or toys in the center of the cardboard or cake plate and start inserting the rolled up diapers one by one until you’ve created a circular shape. Wrap the piece of stretch jewelry cord around the diapers to keep the base layer together.
Do people still buy diaper cakes?
While diaper cakes for baby showers are becoming a more common occurrence at baby showers, they are still a new concept to a number of baby shower guests. Diaper cakes are a great conversation starter! Therefore, not only will the guest-of-honor enjoy the diaper cake experience, but so will her guests.
What is a diaper cake for a baby shower?
Diaper cakes are a stack of rolled or folded diapers made to look like a traditional tiered cake. They are one of my favorite gifts to take to a baby shower because they double as a decoration. A diaper cake can be the fun focal point of baby shower decorations.
What kind of diapers do you use for a diaper cake?
Disposable diapers are the most popular diapers used to make diaper cakes, and if there is no brand preference, then go for a safe brand such as Huggies or Pampers. Regarding the size of the diapers, it is a good idea to go for larger size diapers.
How many diapers do you need for a small diaper cake?
How Many Diapers Do You Need For a Mini Diaper Cake? For the average mini diaper cake, 25 diapers should suffice, though you may find yourself needing a couple of extra, depending on the side of your base.
What size diapers do babies stay in the longest?
Your baby will wear size 3 diapers for the longest, and this should be the size diaper that you buy the most of. To help you plan, here is a good estimate of how many diapers babies need per size: Newborn – newborn diapers can be used for up to 1.5 months, you should purchase around 2 to 3 packs of 140 diapers.
Can you give a diaper cake as a gift?
Diaper cakes make for a memorable gift and double as an adorable centerpiece, but they’re practical, too. After all, new parents can’t have too many diapers around, so these cakes can be a much-needed gift for the mom-to-be to take home when the baby shower is over.
What diapers are white?
plain white disposable diapers
How do you make a diaper pizza?
- Open the large pizza box.
- Place a diaper on your work surface with the back side facing up.
- Cut an 18-inch length of 1-inch-wide satin ribbon.
- Stack small baby care items and toys on the center of each diaper pizza slice.
- Place a small focal toy (no higher than the height of the box) in the center of the pizza box.
How many diapers does a newborn use a day?
In the first month of life, newborns average up to 8 to 10 diaper changes per day. And over the first three months (the newborn stage), babies go through about 700 diapers.
How many diapers do you need for a 2 tier diaper cake?
For a 2 tier diaper cake you’ll need 28 diapers, for a 3 tier diaper cake you’ll need 62 diapers and for a 4 tier diaper cake you’ll need 118 diapers.
How do you secure a diaper cake to the base?
Remove the diaper cake and using box cutters, cut the base out. Using wide painters tape or masking tape, make a large loop and put it on the cardboard base. Put the diaper cake back on. This secures it to the base.
How to make a diaper cake the easy way?
What does a ‘diaper cake’ look like?
A diaper cake looks like a multi-layered cake. Some may compare it to a wedding cake, at least from a distance. Upon further inspection, the ‘cake’ is nothing but multiple diapers, and it usually takes dozens to get the full effect, rolled up and wrapped around each other in a circular pattern, built on multiple tiers.
What to do with leftover diapers from a diaper cake?
How many diapers to make a 2 tier diaper cake?
How to Make the Perfect DIY Diaper Cake
- Have you been asked to a baby shower and are pondering what to bring as a present?
- Alternatively, are you the shower’s host and are interested in learning how to prepare a diaper cake to serve as the centerpiece for the dessert table?
- Any way you slice it, a diaper cake not only looks festive and fantastic, but it’s also a wonderful present for the expecting mother.
- She is going to adore it!
- To discover how to make a diaper cake and get inspired by 25 stunning decoration ideas, continue reading this article.
What Exactly Is a Diaper Cake?
- A diaper cake is essentially a cake-shaped present that is built entirely of disposable diapers.
- Generally speaking, it is adorned with objects such as ribbons, miniature baby accessories, paper cutouts, and even a small sign that reads something like ″Oh, baby!″ At a baby shower, a diaper cake is frequently given to the mother-to-be by one of the guests, or it may be made by the baby shower host as a centerpiece for the food table.
- The diaper cake can be decorated to fit the theme of the baby shower, or it can be decorated in a more generic manner to invoke all things baby.
- In certain cases, the diaper cake can be customized to suit the mother’s personality or preferences; for example, by giving it a modern look with succulents and flora, or by decorating it in the colors of the mother’s favorite sports team, Of course, you do not have to be attending the baby shower in order to make a diaper cake for the expecting mother.
- Consider making one for a coworker right before she leaves on maternity leave, or bringing one to a sip and see celebration after the baby’s arrival to show off your new creation!
- No matter how or when you present the diaper cake to the expectant mother, she will be astonished and happy – and you will have a lot of fun making it, as well.
What You’ll Need to Make a Diaper Cake
When it comes to making and decorating your diaper cake, there are a plethora of options available to you, as you’ll see, but here’s a basic list of what you’ll need:
What Diapers to Use
- To prepare a diaper cake, you will, without a doubt, require diapers.
- We recommend utilizing Swaddlers, Pure Protection, or Cruisers 360° Fit to keep your feet comfortable.
- You have complete control over the diaper size.
- It may make more sense, though, to get a larger size because it will be easier to deal with when assembling the cake.
- Keep in mind that using only one size of diapers may make it easier to level the diaper cake since you won’t have to juggle diapers of varying widths and heights.
- However, you may want to use a different size diaper for each tier of the cake to make it more visually appealing.
- As a result, the expectant parents will have a selection of sizes available for their child when they deliver.
Step-by-Step: How to Make a Diaper Cake
The process of making a diaper cake requires patience, but it can also be a great deal of fun. Furthermore, it is an excellent opportunity to stimulate your creative thinking. If you follow these five simple steps, you’ll have your final product ready to go before you know it!
Step 1: Choose a base
- Making sure you have a solid foundation for your diaper cake is essential, especially if it will be transported.
- If your structure is too frail, the last thing you want is for it to come tumbling down.
- It is possible to use a piece of strong cardboard, a cake stand, or a big tray for this project.
- For cardboard, you may cover it with foil or wrapping paper, or cut it into a circle that is exactly the same size as the bottom tier of the cake so that it will be nearly invisible when the cake is served.
Step 2: Prepare the diapers
- For the most part, there are two techniques for constructing diaper cakes: the roll-up approach and the wrap method.
- Each individual diaper should be tightly rolled up and secured with a little rubber band in order to prevent it from unfurling.
- You may also tie a ribbon around each one, but this would take more time and effort.
- Set each one aside until you’ve rolled up all of the sheets of paper.
- There isn’t much prep work involved in making a wrap diaper cake.
- To begin, just remove the diapers from their container and go to step three.
Step 3: Position the diapers
- In order to make a roll-up diaper cake, arrange the rolls vertically and closely together until you achieve the desired size for the base layer of the cake.
- Extra-large rubber bands or ribbons can be used to hold the rolls in place while baking.
- If you’re using a rubber band, you may afterwards wrap it with ribbon to make it look more elegant.
- When it comes to fastening the ribbon, you can either use a little amount of hot glue (be careful not to get any on the diapers) or tie a small knot that may be hidden behind a design later on.
- The long ends of the ribbon can also be used to tie a large bow as an alternative.
- If you’re planning on adding a second tier, insert about three wooden dowels between the diaper rolls to ensure that the following layer of diaper rolls is securely kept in place.
- Placing more diaper rolls around the dowels will help to create the second tier.
- The second tier should be smaller in size than the first tier of the pyramid.
- Just like you did with the first tier, use an extra-large rubber band or ribbon to secure the second tier to the first tier.
- If the dowels protrude from the wall, you will need to cut off the top points (or use shorter dowels) to make them disappear.
- After you’ve added as many levels as you’d like (usually cakes have two or three), go to step four.
- Placing a clean paper towel roll upright on your cake foundation and wrapping the diapers around it will create a wraparound diaper cake.
- Continue wrapping until the first tier of your diaper cake is as broad as you want it to be on the outside.
- Put the diapers back in place with an extra-large rubber band or a ribbon once you’re finished using them.
- Hot glue may be used to secure the ribbon (be careful not to get any on the diapers), or a knot or bow can be tied to finish the look.
- Use a rubber band to secure the diaper cake to the cake stand so that you may cover it later when you decorate the diaper cake.
- To be sure to keep in mind, some people like to surprise the expecting parents by using a bottle of champagne instead of an empty paper towel roll.
- You may also use a baby bottle instead of a water bottle.
- It might then be included as a component of your gift to the parents.
- It’s a pleasant surprise either way, but a paper towel roll can suffice in this situation as well.
- To create a second tier, continue wrapping diapers over the top half of the paper towel roll until it is completely covered.
- Making the second tier smaller than the first tier is important; it should be held in place with a rubber band or ribbon.
- Alternatively, you may proceed to step four and create a smaller third tier in the same manner.
Step 4: Add decorations
Step 5: Wrap the diaper cake
- The cake should be wrapped carefully if it will be transported in order to avoid the cake falling apart or becoming damaged during the transit process.
- Prepare the table by spreading a huge sheet (or two) of cellophane or soft tulle on it and placing the diaper cake’s base on top of it.
- Finally, bring the corners of the cellophane up over the cake, compress it together, and tie a ribbon around it to complete the wrapping.
Different Diaper Cake Shapes
Not all diaper cakes are made in the shape of a circle! Besides the traditional diaper cake form stated above, you may really build diaper cakes in a variety of shapes that correspond to a certain theme, such as the following:
25 Diaper Cake Decoration Ideas
The bottom line
- When it comes to diaper cakes, there is no right or wrong way to make them.
- It doesn’t matter if you go large or small, lavish or subtle; it is the sentiment that counts, and your efforts will be seen and appreciated.
- Have fun with it, and watch as the guest of honor’s face brightens as you reveal your creation to him or her.
- In addition to our post on 42 baby shower gift ideas you’ll adore, we have 16 sensible baby shower gift ideas as well as 25 baby shower presents for the mom-to-be that you should check out.
How to Make Diaper Cakes: 18 Adorable Ideas
- This post includes affiliate links for your convenience.
- If you click through and make a purchase, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
- For additional information, please refer to our disclosure policy.
- Diaper cakes are still popular gifts to give to expectant mothers to help them celebrate the birth of their child, but with professional diaper cakes costing upwards of $100.00, you may be wondering whether you can make your own for less money.
- If you have a little bit of patience, you can make your own DIY diaper cake with this tutorial on how to make diaper cakes, which also includes diaper cake ideas and instructions.
- The fact that presenting diapers during a baby shower is one of the nicest presents you can offer a new mother should come as no surprise to you.
- I mean, considering that newborns go through over 2500 diapers in their first year, it’s safe to assume that they’ll be well appreciated.
- Giving a package of diapers, on the other hand, can seem a little lackluster to you.
- Giving a diaper cake is a wonderful idea in this situation!
- Among the many advantages of diaper cakes is that they make excellent centerpieces for baby showers.
- So, if you’re giving a baby shower and you’ve already chosen all of the baby shower games and all that’s left is the decorations, consider making this really handy centerpiece to fill the table.
What is a diaper cake?
- A diaper cake is a cake-like construction built entirely of diapers that mimics a cake on the outside.
- Afterwards, it is decorated with tiny baby objects or ribbon to bring the whole thing together.
- Diaper cakes can be designed to match the baby shower theme, but most of the time they are just plain and adorned for either a boy or a girl.
- You may even make a theme based on a zoo, vehicle, princesses, or any other theme that matches the new mama’s personality if you want to be creative.
How to make a diaper cake
- The process of making a diaper cake may appear hard, but with the correct ingredients and perseverance, it can be completed very quickly. Supply list: Cardboard
- double-sided tape
- rubber bands
- sparkling cider
- decorations / ribbon
- hot glue
Instructions to make a diaper cake
- First and foremost, you’ll want to glue your sparkling cider to the center of your cardboard box.
- 64 diapers should be rolled up and rubber banded together.
- Take 32 of your diapers and place them closely together around the bottle like you would a bouquet of flowers. Make certain that they are distributed equally throughout the bottle.
- Take your twine and knot them together once you’ve positioned them where you want them. Make certain that this is located in the centre of the diapers. There is no need to be concerned because it will be hidden.
- Create a second layer on top of the first and repeat the process. Use a total of 16 diapers.
- Tie it together one again using the thread.
- Then, repeat the process with the remaining diapers (eight total) and tie them together with the twine.
- In order to conceal the twine, wrap the bottom layer of your cake with a ribbon. Use a thicker ribbon for this, since it will be more visible when finished.
- The second and third levels should be completed in the same manner.
- Decorate the room as you see fit.
It really is that simple to put together a diaper cake.
18 Adorable Diaper Cake Ideas
- There are a plethora of lovely diaper cake ideas that you may use to decorate your home. Try one of these fantastic suggestions! Princes, motorcycles, ballerinas, elephants, sharks, Disney themed (unicorns, jungle, Star Wars), baby ducks, bath themed (covered in fabric), book themed (for book enthusiasts), Harry Potter, Dr. Seuss, and snowmen are just a few of the options.
FAQS when it comes to making a diaper cake
As a result of the large number of inquiries we have received on how to make a diaper cake, we thought it would be a good idea to compile a list of all the frequently asked questions regarding diaper cakes.
What size diapers do you need to create your cake?
Many people believe that you intend to make your cake entirely out of baby diapers. I prefer to use size 3 diapers for my children. Make certain that, whatever of the size and brand you choose, you locate ones that are white.
How many diapers do you need for a diaper cake?
- The number of diapers you will need is directly proportional to the size of the cake you will be making.
- For a three-tiered cake, you should anticipate to need anything from 38 to 64 cups of sugar.
- Determine how big you want the bottom layer to be before you can figure out how many diapers you’ll need in total.
- A usual amount is to use 32 diapers, which is a standard.
- When it comes to layer number 2 (16), you will halve the quantity and halve it again when it comes to layer number 1.
What do you put on a diaper cake?
- You can pretty much add anything you want into a diaper cake to make it more festive.
- For a theme cake, you will want to stay with elements that are in keeping with the theme as much as possible.
- However, if you are making a general diaper cake, you may include other items like as bath toys, shampoo, lotion, baby powder, washcloths, and so on.
- You may place a small toy or plush animal on the top of the box.
Do you use the diapers from the diaper cake?
Some people are curious as to whether you actually utilize the diapers from your diaper cake. The answer is a resounding yes. You will want to remove the diaper cake and lay them flat so that they can get flat again so that they are simpler to use when you are done with them.
What do you put in the middle of the diaper cake?
When assembling your diaper cake, it is necessary to place something substantial in the center. Instead of a shampoo bottle, another excellent gift that I like to utilize is a bottle of sparkling cider for the expecting mother and father to enjoy as a celebratory drink.
How much does it cost to make a diaper cake?
- It is unquestionably less expensive to create your own diaper cake than it is to purchase one.
- Cakes that are professionally created might cost upwards of $100.00 or more.
- However, you can make your own for as little as the cost of a few diapers, a few decorations, and a few simple crafting materials.
- Now that you know how to create a diaper cake, you can make your next baby shower the talk of the town by bringing one of these creative themed cakes to the party!
- Which particular cake do you have in mind to make?
- Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Check out these other great posts!
Baby Shower Food Ideas That Are Simple and Delicious 12 Points to Consider When Hosting a Virtual Baby Shower To give to the new mother during her baby shower, here are 50+ perfect quotes and messages. Play these 14 entertaining baby shower games at your next baby shower. The Most Comprehensive Collection of Baby Shower Themes
How to Make the Perfect Diaper Cake in 15 CRAZY Tips
- Are you putting together a baby shower?
- You have arrived at the correct location.
- Due to the fact that now I’m going to share with you the 13 CRAZY tips that I discovered for making the ultimate diaper cake.
- What’s the best part?
- All of my pals put these suggestions into practice and thought they were fantastic!
- Let’s get this done!
- In addition, these are some of the tips you’ll read about in this article:
- What are Diaper Cakes used for, exactly?
- The Different Types of Occasions for Which a Diaper Cake Is Appropriate
- The Supplies You’ll Need to Make a Diaper Cake
- A list of the materials needed to make a diaper cake
- What is the approximate cost of making a diaper cake?
- In Six Considerations, Learn How to Make a Diaper Cake
- Finally, here’s how to make a diaper cake:
- Putting the finishing touches on your Diaper Cake
- Make a Diaper Cake and decorate it.
You Organize A Baby-Shower. So Great! But You Need A Diaper Cake. Oh Oh…
- Anything from the fundamentals, such as the baby shower cake, invitations, food to serve, and decorations, to the extras, such as cards, games, and, well, pretty much everything else, can be found on this page.
- Among the many types of festivities, baby showers are among the most popular.
- Do you want to know what’s another classic baby shower favor that’s been around forever?
- Diaper cakes are a type of dessert.
- A diaper cake is a simple arrangement of diapers that is intended to seem like a cake with several layers.
- However, there is a method to making a diaper cake.
- Please bear with me.
What Exactly are Diaper Cakes for?
- You may utilize diaper cakes in a variety of ways, including: making a beautiful (and functional) present
- creating a centerpiece for a baby shower to be shown during the event
- and more.
- At the end of the day, you can also construct one to disclose the gender of the baby.
- Ditto for diaper cakes, which can be made in a number of layers and colors and sizes depending on how you arrange them and how many diapers you use.
- In the traditional sense, they can be divided into 2, 3, or 4 tiers, but you can really take it home and build one with 5 or 6 levels instead.
- If this is what you want to do, make sure you set it up in a safe manner so that it doesn’t break apart during transport.
- Is it possible to construct diaper cakes for any occasion?
- To discover out, continue reading the following chapter.
What Type of Occasions is a Diaper Cake Good for?
- Without a doubt, the next baby shower you’ll be attending! Because once you’ve finished making the cake and decorating it, it’s time to start having fun. Decide on accent colors for the shower, the nursery, or your mother’s preferred color combinations as early as possible. If you are looking for baby shower ideas, I have provided you with several in this post. Additionally, one of the advantages of diaper cakes is that they may be customized to meet any sort of baby shower theme you choose. For example, you may get ribbons that include various themes like as jungle, baby, minimalism, safari, and many more. Craft stores and party supply stores are also excellent places to shop for supplies. Other possibilities for customizing your diaper cake to fit the occasion include: If the mother-to-be is expecting twins, you may design a diaper cake that includes both of them.
- If the shower is being held in the winter or has a winter theme, you can also incorporate seasonal decorations into the design.
- Is the baby shower open to both boys and girls? To announce the gender of the baby, you might invite the hostess or pregnant mother to utilize the diaper cake as a fun game to play with the guests.
- Incorporate your own personal flair into the design to make it stand out for the shower
The wonderful thing about diaper cakes is that they are a one-of-a-kind, homemade touch to a baby shower that the guests will adore and remember forever. They are manufactured entirely by hand, which is a huge benefit. So, what exactly are the materials required to make a diaper cake? It will be revealed in the following chapter.
Supplies you Need to Make a Diaper Cake
Before you begin, make certain that you have all of your supplies ready and laid out on a table so that you can see them easily.
So, here is the List of Materials for a Diaper Cake:
- You’ll need around 38 diapers in total if you’re preparing a three-tiered cake, according to the recipe. That example, there are 23 people on the bottom, 9 people in the center, and 6 people at the top.
- Rubber bands (small) – You’ll need one rubber band per diaper, so make sure you have enough on hand. Make a three-tiered cake using 38 diapers, and you’ll need to use 38 bandings to complete the project! Make sure you always have more on hand, because these are prone to snapping.
- Rubber bands (big) — 4 for a three-tiered cake, or more if necessary.
- The core of the cake will be a tall, slender item (like a cone) that will be placed in the middle of the cake. It’s even okay to use a bottle of baby wash, oil or shampoo, or whatever else you choose. It must be as tall as your cake and heavy enough to be able to stand on its own
- otherwise, it will collapse.
- Decorative elements for your cake, such as booties, washcloths, plush animals, pins, or other little baby-themed items
- A cardboard circle or cake stand – This will serve as the foundation for your cake construction
And how much does it cost to buy 38 diapers in total? Well…
How Much does it cost to Make a Diaper Cake?
It is dependent on the brand of diapers you want. I recommend that you look at each unique pricing and the diversity of brands available for the materials stated previously. Always keep in mind that you may always save money by picking more budget-friendly goods. Overall, though, the cost of constructing a diaper cake is not too expensive.
How to Make a Diaper Cake – the 13 CRAZY Tips
- Keep in mind that there are a handful of preliminary measures you should take into consideration before beginning your project.
- The first tip is to choose colors for the baby shower theme.
- If you’re intending on bringing a cake to the baby shower, make sure you’re aware of the theme beforehand.
- So that you don’t construct the cake only on the basis of your personal preferences.
- For the best results, call the hostess to check-in with her so that she can help you pick the appropriate accent colors for your cake.
- Tip number two: Use Fluffy Diapers.
- When purchasing diapers, it is preferable if you pick the fluffier varieties.
- We believe they are the ideal element for creating a visually appealing diaper cake.
- Each layer will appear fluffier and fuller as a result of their application.
- Tip 3 – Maintain a sterile environment.
- Assemble the diapers in a hygienic environment to avoid cross-contamination.
- This means no dogs and no smoking in the house.
- Please remember that these items will be beneficial to the baby as soon as he or she is born.
- They will be the purest form of life, and if you want your diaper cake to be able to be reused in the future, make sure you arrange it in a sanitary atmosphere before putting it together.
- Tip #4 – Include Items That Are Useful.
- You may customize the diaper cake by include essential items.
- Incorporate items that mama can use to bathe, wash, or play with the baby into the cake to make it more functional.
- You may even include stuffed animals in your collection!
- Tip 5: Make it with a purpose in mind.
- Make sure that every ribbon and bow that is attached on the cake has been carefully considered before being used.
- Make your diaper cake stand out as the focal point of the celebration and as a thoughtful present for the family; make it memorable!
- Tip 6 – Do not throw away any materials.
- Finally, make sure that everything on the cake is edible; this is why it is essential to build the cake in a hygienic atmosphere before serving it.
- We don’t want to squander any of the materials that have been used.
Consider the implications of baking a diaper cake and wasting diapers, particularly since this may be a first-hand requirement for many individuals.
How to Make a Diaper Cake – Finally
- In this section, I’ll show you how to put your diaper cake together step by step.
- Tip number seven: Roll the diapers.
- Roll each of your diapers and tie them together with a little rubber band to keep them in place.
- Repeat the process until all diapers are folded up and securely fastened.
- Rubber bands may need to be wrapped twice around the diaper in order for them to become more flexible.
- Tip #8: Use a tall object.
- You should then place the tall item of your choosing in the center of the area where the cake is being built up once you have finished rolling up the diapers.
- With the wrapped diapers, create a large ring around the thing you want to protect.
- Tip number nine: Use a large rubber band.
- As soon as the object has been completely coated in diapers, wrap the big band around the ring of diapers.
- This will serve as your foundational layer.
- Tip number ten: Repetition.
- In order to produce another ring of diapers around the first ring of diapers, repeat the procedure.
- What this will do is to generate that wonderful thick, bottom layer that you’ve been searching for.
- After you’ve fastened the bottom layer of diapers, perform the same steps with a second and third layer of diapers to complete the job.
- Please keep in mind that you’ll only be creating one ring this time, rather than two for each layer.
Wrapping your Diaper Cake
- If you’ve done any research on diaper cake ideas online, you’ll know that you may wrap your cake in a variety of different materials.
- There is, however, a definite preference, and that is the one with a broad ribbon.
- Your diaper cake will have the appearance of a regular, tasty cake in this manner.
- Other alternatives include lace or fabric; however, you may always get creative and use other materials if you so like.
- To finish, simply make certain that the package is wrapped securely.
- Tip 11 – Wrap the cake with plastic wrap.
- To finish it off, start from one side (ideally the back), wrap it around, and attach it with a piece of tape or a fancy (or standard) safety pin.
- Straight pins can also be used.
Decorate your Diaper Cake
- The decorating of a homemade diaper cake is the most enjoyable aspect of the process.
- You now have the opportunity to put your own spin on the colors, textures, and items that will be used to decorate the cake.
- Remember that you may always match a certain color theme, the baby’s room, or come up with something completely original.
- If you want the cake to be shown, make sure it includes some of the accessories that will be accessible at the baby shower decorating.
- Tip 12 – Get your decorating on!
- Set up all of the baby toys, pins, and other accessories here so that the expecting mother may utilize them with her baby later on in the process.
- Of course, you’ll want to make it appear as charming as possible for your little one.
- Get creative and start decorating!
- Tip number thirteen: Keep surprises hidden.
- Socks, washcloths, pins, and other charming baby objects can be rolled up and hidden in the cake, for example.
- Even though the cake is intended to be adorned all around, envision the mother-to-be taking out a few surprises that you’ve concealed within the cake!
- It will, without a doubt, be a pleasant surprise.
Now, it’s your turn…
- I sincerely hope you found my diaper cake instructions and ideas useful.
- And now I’d like to hear from you about anything.
- Prepare yourself a diaper cake for your upcoming baby shower if you want to save money.
- Or are you enlisting the help of your best friend?
- What ever you decide, please let me know by posting a brief comment below.
- Barbara Nevers is the author of this book.
- Barbara is a full-time mother of three children and has been blogging part-time since 2018.
- She enjoys writing on a variety of issues related to parenthood.
- She enjoys a lot of coffee, French pastries, reading, and doing crafts and Montessori activities with her children.
What is a Diaper Cake? (with pictures)
- The diaper cake, which is commonly seen at baby showers but is seldom seen anywhere else, is one of the more distinctive baby shower gifts an expecting mother is likely to receive in her lifetime.
- Due to the fact that it is entirely composed of discarded baby diapers, this cake is not one that one would enjoy eating.
- Although it is technically feasible to use cloth diapers, this is only seldom, if ever, done in practice.
- A diaper cake has the appearance of a multi-layered cake.
- It is comparable to a wedding cake, at least in appearance, according to some.
- On closer inspection, the ″cake″ is nothing more than a stack of diapers (it generally takes dozens to get the desired look), which have been rolled up and wrapped around each other in a circular pattern and constructed on numerous stages.
- Typically, diaper cakes are made of white diapers, however colored diapers may be purchased to construct a truly unique diaper cake for a special occasion.
- One of the appeals of the ″cake″ at a baby shower is that it provides the giver with a plethora of decorating options.
- The cake can be as complex or as straightforward as the baker desires.
- It can be completed in less than an hour or it might be a multi-day effort that takes many days.
- What’s great about making a diaper cake is that it can turn out to be quite impressive no matter how much time you put into it.
- It may be argued that this cake is nothing more than an elegant method to present a gift, or a collection of presents.
- They are typically put near the center of the cake, allowing the expectant mother to ″unwrap″ the cake and discover what is hidden inside.
- Because the diaper cake may be rather enormous, it has the capability of concealing some quite substantial items.
- A diaper cake is made by wrapping a single diaper in a circle and then adding numerous rolled diapers in a circle around the center of the diaper cake.
- It is most efficient to begin with the highest level, which may be as simple as one diaper, and work your way down from there.
- It takes around 50 tiny diapers to make a three-tiered cake.
- A tiny present or two can be put between some of the diapers, or if they are small enough, crammed in between the diapers once the layers have been created and glued together.
- Once all of the diapers are in place, ribbons and other decorative elements can be added to the diaper cake to make it more visually appealing.
- This brings the creation to life and elevates it to a whole new level of prominence and visibility.
- Of course, if the gender of the baby has already been determined, the cake can be decorated in colors that are fitting for the occasion.
- Not only does this provide an opportunity to choose thoughtful gifts for the pregnant mother, but the gift wrapping is also really useful.
- New parents will always require diapers, and this provides them with dozens of diapers right from the start, presented in a really creative manner.
- Of course, it would be feasible to just give the mom-to-be a case of diapers, but a diaper cake demonstrates thinking and imagination on your part.
How to make a diaper cake with lots of helpful tips and tricks plus tons of inspiration for how to decorate diaper cakes.
- This is your one-stop shop for all you need to know about baking a diaper cake!
- Diaper cakes are a stacked stack of diapers that are rolled or folded to resemble a classic tiered cake in appearance.
- As a result, they are one of my favorite presents to bring to a baby shower because they can be used as a centerpiece.
- A diaper cake may be a delightful focus point for baby shower decorations, and it is easy to make one yourself.
- The process of customizing a diaper cake to match a party theme is quite enjoyable.
- Plus, they’re a practical present that you know will be appreciated by every new mom you know.
- The next section contains all of the information you’ll need to prepare a diaper cake for a baby shower.
- You will be able to do this task with the assistance of this comprehensive collection of instructions, I guarantee it!
- In this tutorial, I’ll lead you through the steps of acquiring supplies, constructing the diaper cake’s structure, and then the fun part: decorating it.
Best Diapers to Use for a Diaper Cake
- A diaper cake might be difficult to put together because there are so many different types of diapers available.
- My first recommendation is to get a larger size of diaper…
- Because kids outgrow newborn and size 1 diapers so fast, many moms get these sizes as presents for their children.
- I recommend that you purchase size 2, 3, or 4 diapers.
- Another option is to hunt for plain white diapers or to discover a patterned diaper and choose one that will fit the colors in your nursery decor.
- There are some extremely cute diapers available these days, many of which have fashionable designs printed on them, and these diapers may really dress up a diaper cake or baby shower.
- Here are a few of my favorite diaper brands to use for diaper cakes that I enjoy making: One of my favorites are the Huggies with the limited edition Mickey Mouse pattern…
- very sweet!
- Pampers Swaddlers are the greatest all-white diaper available on the market.
- Cloud Island Diapers from Target are available in a variety of adorable patterns for both boys and girls.
- Hello Bello Diapers from Walmart come in a variety of fashionable designs.
- Honest Diapers are available in a variety of adorable patterns.
- Target’s Up and Up Brand Diapers are a more economical choice, and the design is modest enough that you may get away with using them.
Choose A Base for your Diaper Cake
- Building a diaper cake on a firm base will be essential, especially if you intend to take it to a baby shower or if you want to be able to bring it home with the expectant mother. Here are a few ideas for diaper cake bases that you might find useful: Spray paint it, leave it silver, add a circle of scrapbook paper or hot glue some trim around the sides of a metal pizza pan from Dollar Tree.
- Every type of plastic or melamine charger would work well as the foundation of your diaper cake. 2. Chargers These may be found at practically any craft store, and they are also available at Dollar Tree.
- Cake Board — Look in the cake decorating department of your local craft shop for pre-cut cardboard circles that may be used to construct genuine cakes from scratch. Besides that, they are ideal for constructing diaper cakes.
- The use of a tiered cake stand, in conjunction with a cake board, is recommended if you want to transport the diaper cake in one piece, but it does provide for a visually appealing presentation during the celebration
How Many Diapers Do I Need To Make A Diaper Cake?
- The quantity of diapers you will use to build a diaper cake is determined by the size of the completed cake and the number of layers you intend to use.
- A larger number of diapers equals a larger cake.
- You may use the following diaper cake sizing chart to estimate how many diapers you will need to purchase, though.
- The bottom tier of the diaper cakes I create has a diameter of roughly 12-14 inches and is approximately 12-14 inches high.
- I used the following number of diapers: The size of the completed diaper cake will be influenced by the size of the diapers you use, which will be a minor factor.
- In order to make all of the diaper cakes depicted in this post, I needed size 4 diapers.
- Use newborn or size 1 diapers to make up for the little size difference.
- You may need to add one or two additional diapers to each cycle if you are using newborn or size 1.
Diaper Cake Supply List
- You’ll need the following items to put together your diaper cake. 51 regular-sized rubber bands (one for each diaper and one for wrapping around the top tier)
- 50 diapers
- 51 regular-sized rubber bands
- File Bands (for wrapping around the bottom two layers of the tiers)
- 2 extra-large rubber bands, often known as file bands
- 1 cake base
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- wide ribbon (or other alternative—see below)
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- Decorations (see the list of possibilities below)
- a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- a piece of cardstock
Diaper Cake Assembly Instructions
- One diaper should be rolled up and secured with a thin rubber band. Place a hefty bottle of baby lotion or shampoo in the center of the cake base and repeat the process with the remaining diapers. Additionally, an empty paper towel or wrapping paper tube can be utilized.
- Begin by forming a layer of rolled-up diapers around the bottle all the way around. To keep everything together, wrap a big rubber band around the outside of each individual diaper and fasten it in place. I recommend having the foundation layer three diapers deep, but you may use as many as you need to completely cover the cake base equally.
- Make a second layer on top of the first and reduce the size by at least one round of diapers before putting the second layer together. Repeat the process for the third layer, as well as any more layers you choose to add if needed.
Whenever your diapers have formed the shape of a three-tiered cake, you are ready to begin decorating.
Diaper Cake Decorating Ideas
Every diaper cake must include three types of decorations:
- Ribbon. Tulle, rolled-up receiving blankets, or even wrapping paper or scrapbook paper cut into strips can be used in place of ribbon, but you can be creative with what you use.
- A charming cake topper for a special occasion. Making a decorative addition to the top of the cake will make it appear finished and will conceal the hole where the paper towel tube or lotion bottle could be visible
- Embellishments are ideal for this. These are the ornamental accessories that will give your diaper cake that extra ″wow″ factor that everyone will be talking about. You can use paper flowers, silk flowers, paper shreds, curling ribbon, small toys, bows, floral picks, baby booties, small stuffed animals, or anything else that you think would be cute or that would fit with the theme of your baby shower
- however, if you want to be more creative, you can use a combination of materials.
Here are some ideas for designing diaper cakes for both boys and girls. I’ve included a description of each cake below the photo for your convenience.
Paper Flowers and Patterned Ribbon | Glitter Scrapbook Paper, Fabric and Curling Ribbon | Burlap, Twine and Faux Succulents | Ribbon, Paper Shreds and Rubber Duckies | Cowboy Bandanas and Paper Star Cupcake Picks | Colorful Tulle and a Unicorn Horn | Burlap, Ribbon, Twine and a Teddy Bear | Floral Diapers, Ribbon and a Silk Flower Topper | Striped Ribbon and Cascading Silk Flowers
- Be creative and have fun when it comes to decorating a diaper cake.
- There are countless possibilities.
- Check out this baby shower burp cloth bouquet if you’re seeking for another creative and entertaining baby shower present idea.
- In learning how to bake a diaper cake, I hope you’ve found this tutorial to be of use.
- Note: Please pin the image to your Pinterest board so you can easily access this information later.
Why Buy a Diaper Cake?
In the event that cookies are deactivated, the shop will not function effectively.
UNIQUE HANDCRAFTED DIAPER CAKES SINCE 1999
- Why Buy a Diaper Cake?
- Here are some of the most compelling arguments.
- It’s hard to pinpoint what it is about diaper cakes that makes them so unique.
- Over the last several years, these exquisite masterpieces have grown in popularity and have become one of the most appreciated gifts for pregnant mothers and fathers around.
- New and expectant parents all throughout the United States have learned to appreciate the personal touch that comes with a gift from people who care about them, and to take the time and effort to fully celebrate their child’s birth.
- However, if you are unfamiliar with diaper cakes, you may find it difficult to comprehend why they are so popular.
- What makes these cakes such a wonderful choice for a baby gift is discussed in this piece.
- First and foremost, let’s get this over with.
- To comprehend why diaper cakes are so popular, it is necessary to first grasp the nature of the cakes themselves.
- For the uninitiated, diaper cakes are multi-tiered cakes that are created entirely of diapers, as opposed to the typical edible elements present in cakes, such as flour and frosting.
- These items are often used for two primary purposes: as a one-of-a-kind beautiful piece (for a baby shower or nursery), and as a functional item to assist your new parents in caring for their infant.
- Parents may use the diapers on their kid after they have been shown because they are all brand new, fresh out of the package Pampers brand diapers.
- Every diaper is utilized when a cake is made with care and precision.
- Diaper cakes are often available in a variety of colors, themes, and sizes.
- Some may be as tall as five layers, and they can be decorated with ribbons, tulle, and a slew of other embellishments.
The Challenge of Finding a Good Baby Gift
- Before we go through the benefits of purchasing a diaper cake, let’s talk about some of the difficulties associated with purchasing a present for a new baby and his or her parents.
- A new baby is on the way and we all want to get something unique for the new parents – something that is not on the registry list but that they will genuinely enjoy and remember.
- Unfortunately, when you shop at big-box retailers, everything appears to be generic and boring, which is unfortunate.
- Most merchants only sold machine-made, assembly-line items that were constructed to a certain set of instructions, erasing practically any evidence of human care or a personal touch from the things they supplied.
- These products are also created based on what a company believes their rivals are doing well with, and as a result, they purposefully replicate these characteristics, resulting in things that are virtually indistinguishable from one another when they are displayed on a shelf.
- If all you offer is another one of those manufactured, derivative, ″we’ve seen it a thousand times before″ gifts, chances are good that the parents won’t recall who gave them which item after a few months have passed.
- You don’t want to give someone else the same present that you gave them, do you?
- It’s difficult to come up with something that’s both unique and valuable for the parents.
- There are several goods that expecting moms and dads require in preparation for a new baby, and while toys and wall plaques are wonderful, they won’t help when a youngster needs to use the restroom.
- It is likely that your present will be overlooked in favor of more thoughtful gifts from others if it does not have a practical use.
10 reasons to buy a diaper cake
- Allow us to explore some of the difficulties that come with purchasing a present for a new baby and his or her parents before we go over the reasons to consider purchasing a diaper cake: A new baby is on the way and we all want to get something unique for the new parents – something that is not on the registry list and that they will genuinely enjoy and remember.
- The problem is that when you shop at big-box retailers, everything appears to be generic and boring.
- The majority of stores exclusively sold machine-made, assembly-line items that were constructed to a certain set of specifications, eradicating virtually all indications of human care or a personal touch.
- They are also created based on what a company believes their rivals are doing well with, and as a result, they purposefully mimic these characteristics, resulting in things that are virtually indistinguishable from one another when they are displayed on a shelf.
- Chances are that if all you offer is another of these mass-produced, unoriginal, ″we’ve seen it a thousand times before″ gifts, the parents won’t recall who gave them which item in less than a few months.
- After all, you don’t want to give someone else the identical present that you did.
- When looking for something unique and beneficial for the parents, it might be difficult.
- There are several goods that expecting moms and dads require in preparation for a new baby, and while toys or wall plaques are great, they won’t help when a youngster wants to go potty on his or her own.
- If your present does not have a practical use, it is likely to be overlooked in favor of more considerate gifts from others.
Find your perfect diaper cake
- Before we go through the advantages of purchasing a diaper cake, let’s talk about some of the difficulties associated with purchasing a present for a new baby and his or her parents.
- When a baby is on the way, we all want to buy something unique for the new parents – something that isn’t on the registry list but that they will actually enjoy and remember.
- Unfortunately, when you browse at big-box retailers, everything appears to be generic and boring.
- Most merchants only sold machine-made, assembly-line items that were constructed to a certain set of instructions, eradicating practically any indications of human care or a personal touch from their products.
- Similar products are also created based on what a company believes their rivals are doing well with, and as a result, they actively replicate these characteristics, resulting in things that are virtually indistinguishable from one another when they are displayed on a shelf.
- If all you offer is another one of those manufactured, derivative, ″we’ve seen it a thousand times before″ gifts, chances are good that the parents won’t recall who donated which item after a few months.
- You don’t want to give someone else the identical thing you gave them, do you?
- It’s difficult to come up with something that is both unique and valuable for the parents.
- There are several goods that expecting moms and dads require in preparation for a new baby, and while toys or wall plaques are wonderful, they won’t help when a youngster needs to go potty.
- If your present does not have a practical use, it will most likely be overlooked in favor of more considerate gifts from others.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Diaper Cake for a Baby Shower
- On January 12, 2022, an update was made. Diaper cakes are a popular choice for baby showers since they can be used as both an utilitarian present and a decorative centerpiece. It’s possible to purchase diaper cakes from a number of internet shops, but it’s not that difficult to make them from scratch. It may take a little time, but you will save money in the long run. The exact number of components you will require for a diaper cake will be determined by the size of the cake you choose as well as the amount of money you wish to spend on the endeavor. The majority of diaper cakes include between 50 and 75 newborn or size 1 diapers. Here’s everything you’ll need to get started: A cake topper (such as a plush animal, ribbon, board book, or other similar item)
- a sheet of cardboard or a cake plate
- clear stretch jewelry cord
- disposable or cloth diapers
- rubber bands
- a sheet of cardboard or a cake plate
Besides diapers and wipes, you may choose to include other products including as rattles, board books, teething rings, baby wash and lotion, diaper rash medication, baby wipes, bibs, and other accessories in your diaper cake as well. 1
Prepare the Diapers
You may also choose to include other products like as rattles, board books, teething rings, baby wash, baby lotion, diaper rash cream, baby wipes, baby bibs, or other baby-related goods in your diaper cake, depending on your preferences. 1
Build the Base
- Cut a length of transparent stretch jewelry cord to suit the perimeter of the diaper cake’s base layer, making sure it is not too tight.
- Place objects such as baby lotion, baby wipes, or toys in the middle of the cardboard or cake plate, and then begin inserting the wrapped up diapers one by one until you’ve constructed a circular shape out of the cardboard or cake plate.
- The diapers should be held together using a length of stretch jewelry cord wrapped around them to form the foundation layer.
Build the Second Layer
Add a second layer of wrapped up diapers and fasten with a piece of stretch cord. Make certain that the diapers are placed close together. If there are any gaps between the diapers or any exposed rubber bands, tie a piece of ribbon around the layer to conceal it. Follow these instructions to complete the construction of the remaining stages. 4
Decorate the Diaper Cake
- Decorate the diaper cake with board books, teething rings, and other tiny trinkets after all of the tiers have been secured and completed.
- Put them within the ribbon or attach them to the tiers if you want to be really fancy.
- This is an excellent time to truly personalize the project for the baby’s mother and father, so don’t be afraid to be imaginative.
- If the gender and name of the infant are known, you might provide that information as well.
- The concept is to make the diaper cake both visually appealing and functional at the same time.
Add the Finishing Touches
- Finish the diaper cake with a topper of your choice to complete the look.
- A stuffed animal, such as a teddy bear, is usually a safe bet, but you could also go for something that matches the theme of the shower or the baby’s room instead of a traditional stuffed animal.
- For example, a plush monkey would make an excellent topper if the baby’s nursery is to be designed after the jungle, and a stack of board books would be ideal if the parents have requested that shower visitors assist in the creation of the baby’s reading library.
- Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
- Thank you for taking the time to join up.
- There was a clerical error.
- Please try your search again.
Why Everyone Loves Diaper Cakes for Baby Showers 
In the event that cookies are deactivated, the shop will not function effectively.
UNIQUE HANDCRAFTED DIAPER CAKES SINCE 1999
- Why Everyone Loves Diaper Cakes for Baby Showers
- Baby showers are not only entertaining to attend, but they are also entertaining to arrange and prepare for. When it comes to planning a celebration with the soon-to-be parents for their expected bundle of joy, there are several options to choose from. You will be able to choose from a variety of decorations, including different types of napkins and plates, balloons, confetti, and a plethora of other amazing things that will make your baby shower the most memorable one you have ever held! The standard baby shower planning process often includes the creation of a themed cake
- but, have you ever considered creating a themed cake of a different kind? It’s wonderful to have a traditional cake, but it’s always done, and once the shower is over, it’s typically just tossed away. Alternatively, how about a diaper cake? In a bright, practical, and helpful way, diaper cakes for baby showers are an original and entertaining way to commemorate the arrival of a soon-to-be or recently-arrived child! The Composition of a Diaper Cake You could be scratching your head and asking, ″What the heck is a diaper cake?″ A diaper cake is exactly what it sounds like: it’s a cake constructed entirely of disposable diapers! The cake is constructed with an adequate number of diapers that have been individually rolled or wrapped together, and then the diapers are utilized to construct the proper number of layers of the cake. The majority of diaper cakes are fewer than four levels in height, however bigger diaper cakes are also available. Following the construction of the layers, the diaper cake is subsequently adorned according to the specifications of the ordering party. Decorated diaper cakes can be customized to match the décor of a child’s nursery, a hosted child’s shower, or any baby-related event. Ribbons, bows, themed things, vibrant colors, and necessary baby care products can all be incorporated into the diaper cake tiers. Upon completion of the diaper cake designing, the practical and enjoyable cake is carefully wrapped and shipped out to be enjoyed with the mom-to-be and her loved ones, friends, and co-workers at a baby shower, other sort of event, or as a beautiful gift to be opened! Diaper Cakes that are both useful and practical What are the benefits of diaper cakes for baby showers, both in terms of utility and practicality? As an example, let us consider the following methods. There will be less mess. Diapers, practical baby items, and/or adorable decorations are used to create a beautifully crafted centerpiece or gift for a baby shower. Diaper cakes can be decorated in the same way that a standard baked cake is, to be either gender-specific or gender-neutral. However, unlike a cooked cake, there is no mess (no frosting or crumbs to clean up) and no wasted food with a diaper cake! Put them to Work Immediately In addition to diapers and wipes, a baby diaper cake is frequently dec