How long will carrot cake last? Unfrosted cake layers will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week. Frozen cake layers will keep in the freezer for about 2 to 3 months. If your cake is iced and decorated (and uncut), it will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
Tips How long does carrot cake last? To maximize the shelf life of carrot cake, cover with foil or plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Properly stored, freshly baked carrot cake will last for about 1 to 2 days at normal room temperature.
How long does carrot cake with cream cheese frosting last in the fridge?
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting can last about one week in the fridge if it is properly stored. The freshness will start to fade and the cake may dry out if it is stored any longer than a week in the fridge.
How long is cooked carrot cake good for?
Technically, because there is a cream cheese frosting on the cake, it should be kept in the fridge, but most bakers (even professional ones) are okay with leaving a frosted cake on the counter for a day or two (as long as your kitchen isn’t hot). If you prefer to refrigerate the cake, it will last for 5 to 6 days.
How long will a cake be good in the fridge?
Refrigerating your cakes
Kept in the fridge, cake with buttercream or ganache topping will last for 3-4 days. If the cake has custard, cream, cream cheese or fresh fruit it will last 1-2 days at most.
How do you store carrot cake in the fridge?
Follow these steps to store carrot cake in the refrigerator.
- Be sure the cake has had time to cool if it is freshly baked.
- Securely cover the cake in an airtight container.
- Place in a cool and dark location in the fridge that is not prone to moisture.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Does frosted carrot cake need to be refrigerated?
So does it need refrigeration? Food Network Kitchens: Yes, you should always refrigerate any cake or cupcake that has cream cheese frosting. But that doesn’t mean you need to serve a cold, hard cake.
How long can you keep cream cheese frosting in fridge?
How Long Does Cream Cheese Frosting Last? At room temperature: Up to two hours in an airtight container. In the fridge: Up to two weeks in an airtight container.
How long does carrot cake last in refrigerator?
To maximize the shelf life of carrot cake, cover with foil or plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Properly stored, freshly baked carrot cake will last for about 1 to 2 days at normal room temperature.
How long does a chocolate cake last?
In the fridge, chocolate cakes can last up to seven days.
To avoid a hard and undesirable slice of chocolate cake, make sure the cake is covered. You can use your cake holder or wrap it with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or any airtight container.
Can you get sick from cream cheese frosting?
It should be just fine. It never occurred to me to refrigerate it! If it was a raisin free carrot cake I would’ve eaten it too. I don’t always refrigerate cakes w/cream cheese frosting, and have never gotten sick.
How do you know when cake is bad?
Some common traits are a hard and dry texture as the moisture evaporates. Sometimes mold can appear, so always be on the lookout for that. Fruit fillings may also become moldy or slimy which indicate that the cake has gone bad.
How long is bakery cake good for?
Typically, a cake will only stay fresh for up to three or four days before the moisture is drawn out and the texture becomes drier. A cake can last in a fridge for a little bit longer if it has been frosted as the frosting keeps the moisture in the sponge.
Can you eat wedding cake after 5 years?
Kimberly Bailey, owner of The Butter End Cakery, says, ‘There isn’t a safety issue with eating year-old cake, but don’t expect to enjoy it if it’s been freezer burned!’ The truth is, as long as you properly store the cake, it should last even longer than a year.
Is carrot cake better the next day?
Make Ahead Instructions: Carrot cake tastes best the next day after the flavors have settled and have gotten friendly with one another. It is also more moist on the 2nd day as well. Oil: You can also use melted coconut oil or canola oil.
Does cake need to be refrigerated?
Always refrigerate any cake with a frosting that contains eggs or egg whites, or one that has whipped-cream frosting or any type of filling — be it whipped cream, custard, fruit or mousse. You won’t hurt a cake by refrigerating it, but the cold does dry it out.
How do you store homemade carrot cake?
How to Store Carrot Cake
- Store a whole or partially portioned carrot cake in an airtight container on the counter out of direct sunlight for a couple of days.
- Prolong the shelf-life by up to one week by wrapping individual slices in plastic wrap and storing them in the refrigerator.
How to thaw a carrot cake?
Use a permanent marker to record the kind of cake and the date by writing directly on the foil. When it’s time to thaw out your cake, put it in the refrigerator the day before you need it, loosen the wrap and allow the layers to warm up slowly. Thawing your carrot cake on the counter will change the texture from moist to mushy.
What is the best way to store an unfrosted cake?
Even an unfrosted carrot cake should be covered in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator to prevent mold. Most unfrosted cakes can be kept fresh at room temperature by wrapping snugly in plastic wrap.
The Best Carrot Cake Recipe – Wilton Blog
- To prepare a great carrot cake for your next spring party, learn how to make, preserve and decorate it.
- This simple carrot cake recipe, which includes fresh carrots, raisins, and tangy cream cheese frosting, yields a fluffy and delicious 2-layer carrot cake that is perfect for any occasion.
- Sweet buttercream carrots are the perfect way to cap off your dessert for the right finishing touch.
- This quick and easy carrot cake recipe, which uses freshly grated carrots and sweet raisins, is a delicious treat for Easter or any other spring occasion.
- Using one recipe, you can make two 9-inch cake layers, which are the ideal complement to our tart homemade cream cheese frosting!
In addition, carrot cake may be stored in the refrigerator or freezer, allowing you to prepare it ahead of time and decorate it when you’re ready.Learn how to properly prepare and preserve your carrot cake, as well as how to decorate it with those adorable piped buttercream carrots for a delicious finale!
How do I store carrot cake?
- While most unfrosted cakes may be stored at room temperature, carrot cake must be kept refrigerated in order to maintain its freshness.
- The cake may develop mold if it is stored in a warm or humid environment due to the use of fresh carrots in the recipe.
- After the cake has been allowed to cool fully, cover each of the individual cake layers with plastic wrap.
- Place the container in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- How to Make Carrot Cake and Freeze It — Using plastic wrap and aluminum foil to protect your individual cake layers from freezer burn while freezing your unfrosted cake layers is a good way to avoid freezer burn.
When you’re ready to decorate, take your layers out of the freezer and relax the foil around them a little bit.Place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours to let the frozen meat to defrost thoroughly.Allowing your cake to defrost at room temperature is not recommended since it might cause your cake to become mushy and crumble.The best way to preserve a decorated carrot cake is in the refrigerator.If your carrot cake has been iced and adorned with cream cheese frosting, store it in the refrigerator.If your cream cheese frosting is allowed to sit at room temperature, it will melt and fall off the cake.
- If your cake is still uncut, it can keep for approximately a week if kept in an open container in the refrigerated.
- The frosting serves as a protective barrier, allowing your cake to remain fresh and moist longer.
- If your cake has been sliced, you can wrap it in plastic wrap or place it in a cake caddy to keep it safe.
- You may also use more cream cheese icing to cover the exposed sections of the cake to help keep the moisture in.
How long will carrot cake last?
Cake layers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week if they are not iced. In the freezer, cake layers can be stored for up to two and a half to three months. Your cake will keep for approximately 1 week in the refrigerator if it has been iced and adorned (but not sliced). If it has been sliced, it will remain fresh in the refrigerator for around 2 to 3 days after being cut.
Can I personalize this recipe?
- Yes, without a doubt! The easiest approach to discover out what you like is to experiment with different tastes and see what you prefer. Here are some ideas to get you started: Consider using almonds, golden raisins, or sweetened coconut in your recipe.
- In order to enhance the flavor of your frosting, consider using flavored cream cheese (such as orange cream cheese).
- Try including various fruits, such as crushed pineapple, for extra taste and moisture to your recipe.
How do I fix runny cream cheese frosting?
- If your frosting is runny, it might be because your cream cheese has melted a little too much during the baking process.
- It may be necessary to place it back in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes in order to reset the clock.
- You may also adjust the consistency by adding additional confectioners’ sugar until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Keep in mind that as you add more sugar, the sweetness of your icing will increase, so be careful to taste as you go!
How do I make smooth cream cheese frosting?
Prepare sure your cream cheese and butter are both at room temperature before beginning to make the frosting. Prior to incorporating the rest of your components, beat the eggs and sugar until they’re creamy and smooth.
Does Carrot Cake Spoil? How to Properly Store Carrot Cake!
- Carrot cake is one of those desserts that I like eating without feeling terrible about it.
- While baking a carrot cake for the holidays, I was thinking about how long my carrot cake would truly survive.
- Carrot cake spoilage was something I was interested in finding out about, so I decided to conduct some research on the subject of how long carrot cake can be stored.
- As a general rule, if you leave carrot cake out at room temperature for more than two days, it will go bad.
- When kept in an airtight container, carrot cake will survive for approximately 5 days after preparation.
Once it has been packed and refrigerated, a carrot cake will keep for approximately a week.Carrot cake may be frozen for up to three months and is still delicious.It’s easy to sneak a little nutrition into your dessert with carrot cake, and it doesn’t have to sacrifice any of its delicious flavor.In the event that you intend on creating a carrot cake in the near future and you’re seeking for ways to preserve it and prevent it from deteriorating, you’ve come to the perfect spot.The difference in shelf life between frosted carrot cakes and unfrosted carrot cakes is explained here..
How Long Does Carrot Cake Last?
- On average, if the carrot cake hasn’t been iced yet, it will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
- Iced for about two or three days, it will keep for about two or three days.
- To ensure that the carrot cake retains its flavor and freshness, it should be stored in an airtight container once it has been baked.
- If you don’t store your carrot cake correctly, it will generally keep its flavor for several days, but if you don’t store it properly, you may notice some difficulties about five days after it has been prepared.
- The cream cheese icing that gives carrot cake its delectable flavor is also the culprit of the cake’s deterioration in freshness over the course of time.
This is due to the fact that if cream cheese is not properly kept, it will melt within a few hours.If you haven’t taken the necessary precautions to properly keep your cake, the nutritional boost provided by the carrots may become a source of concern.If you leave fruits and vegetables out in the heat for an extended period of time, they will deteriorate.When I’m baking with fruits and veggies, I make a point of being extra cautious.As a side note, you might be interested in learning if German Chocolate Cake spoils.Check out my most recent post, which discusses The Best Way to Store German Chocolate Cake to Make It Last Longer, which you can see here!
Does Carrot Cake Spoil? Does it Go Bad?
- As a general rule, if carrot cake is not stored correctly, it will go bad quickly.
- Carrot cake may go bad in as little as two days if it is kept at room temperature.
- Once it begins to lose its freshness over time, you will notice a difference in the scent and texture of the product.
- Most cakes, such as chocolate and vanilla-based cakes, are good if they are allowed to sit out for a short period of time.
- When making a cake with cream cheese icing and carrots, you must take extra steps to prevent the cake from being spoiled.
When baking with dairy-based items such as cream cheese, it’s important to remember that spoilt dairy might make you sick if you don’t take the appropriate precautions to store your final product safely.Having a sick dinner guest who has been unwell after eating my dessert is the very last thing I want.I enjoy baking and sharing my creations with family and friends, therefore this would be a complete nightmare for me to experience!Knowing how to properly preserve carrot cake is essential for this reason.In addition, you may be interested in learning how to Store Your Cake Batter Properly (see below).Here is a link to an article I published about the proper way to store cake batter, which you can read here!
How to Store Carrot Cake Properly?
- Carrot cake must be allowed to cool fully before being placed in an airtight container for storing.
- Prevent oxidation of the cake by storing it in a cake container or other airtight plastic container for long periods of time before serving.
- Place it in a refrigerator with a temperature control and it will keep fresh for up to a week.
- If you want to consume your cake within a week, the refrigerator is the best option for storing it.
- As with most cakes, exposure to air will cause it to begin to lose its quality, so you’ll want to store it in an airtight container to avoid this.
Your carrot cake will last approximately a week in the refrigerator if you store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.Using the freezer is the ideal option if you’re preparing your carrot cake ahead of time and need a storage solution that will keep the cake fresher for longer.When stored in the freezer, it will last around three months.If you’re going to use this approach, make sure you haven’t frozen it beforehand!When it comes to long-term preservation, cream cheese frosting does not perform well.Always cover your cake in plastic wrap before placing it in the storage container.
- This will help to prevent freezer burn while also assisting in the preservation of the product’s quality.
How Can You Tell if Carrot Cake is Bad?
- If your carrot cake starts to smell terrible, it’s a good indication that it’s gone bad too soon.
- Once the product begins to lose its freshness over time, you will begin to notice a change in texture.
- Mold will begin to emerge on the surface and on the inside of the cake, and the cake will become dry and crumbly in both look and flavor as a result of this process.
- Carrot cake will go bad fast and without much dispute, and you will be able to know when it has happened.
- Desserts made with cream cheese icing are really delectable!
When it comes to expiry, cream cheese, on the other hand, is one of the most difficult components to work with.Due to the fact that cream cheese is a dairy product, it will deteriorate just like any other dairy product if not stored properly.My cream cheese has split and ruined on occasion when I’ve mistakenly left it out for an extended period of time.I’ve had to toss it out since it separated and rotted within a few hours.As soon as the frosting on your carrot cake begins to melt and separate, it’s time to toss it out.This is a clear indicator that you either neglected to keep it correctly or that it has passed its expiration date.
- As a side note, if you are interested in learning how to remove Stuck Parchment Paper off of your cake and how to avoid it, I recently published an article on Removing Stuck Parchment Paper, which you can see here!
Does Carrot Cake Need To Be Refrigerated?
- It is necessary to keep carrot cake refrigerated.
- If the cream cheese frosting in the carrot cake is not adequately chilled, it will begin to melt as soon as it is left out.
- Due to the fact that most carrot cakes include dairy products, they must be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container after being baked.
- Even if you’re planned on enjoying your cake later in the day, keeping it in the fridge until then is a smart idea.
- If, on the other hand, you want to consume your carrot cake within an hour after baking it, you will not need to store it in the refrigerator.
Depending on how quickly it cools and how much frosting you use, it should last around two hours at room temperature before the icing begins to melt.
Can You Freeze Carrot Cake?
- Carrot cake that has not been iced can be frozen in order to maintain its freshness.
- If you want to avoid freezer burn, wrap the carrot cake tightly in plastic wrap before storing it in an airtight container.
- With careful storage, frozen carrot cake may survive for up to three months in the freezer.
- As long as the carrot cake hasn’t been iced, it’s OK to store in the freezer.
- When I make a large number of cakes ahead of time, I like to keep them in the freezer until needed.
It is essential that you wrap your cake in plastic wrap before freezing it in order to keep its freshness intact while it is being frozen in the freezer.This may appear absurd at first, but it actually helps to keep the cakes fresher for a longer period of time!* As a side note, you might be interested in learning how to tell when your banana bread is finished baking.I just published an article in which I discuss The Correct Method for Restoring Undercooked Banana Bread.You may read more about it in this article!
Can You Make Carrot Cake Ahead of Time?
- As a general rule, you should be able to prepare carrot cake in advance.
- If you are baking carrot cake ahead of time, put it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week before serving.
- Alternatively, you may preserve the carrot cake in the freezer for up to three months, which will keep it fresher longer.
- The approach you pick will finally be determined by when you want to take pleasure in it.
- It is possible to preserve carrot cake in the refrigerator for approximately one week provided you take the necessary precautions to prevent it from drying out.
One thing you might be concerned about is what happens when you take it out of the fridge.I don’t like for the flavor or feel of a cold, hard cake, which is precisely what occurs when you attempt to eat it immediately out of the fridge, as you will discover if you do.Carrot cake needs to be allowed to warm up a little before you can really appreciate its flavor and texture!A decent rule of thumb is to let it out for an hour or two before consuming it.In my experience, doing so helps it to naturally warm up, as well as allowing the cream cheese frosting to soften a little.One of the many distinguishing characteristics of carrot cake is the way it tastes in the tongue.
- In order to appreciate this timeless classic, it is critical to allow ample time for it to warm up before serving it to your guests.
- * By the way, I’ve always wanted to be able to properly preserve my cakes, but I’ve never been able to find a container that was large enough to accommodate my enormous cakes.
- A cake carrier/storage container that can hold up to three 12-inch-high 3-layer cakes, on the other hand, has lately come to my attention.
- When it came to storing enormous cakes, this carrier came in handy.
- You can find this Cake Storage Container on Amazon by clicking here.
- Is it necessary to refrigerate a carrot cake that hasn’t been frosted?
- Unfrosted carrot cake does not need to be refrigerated unless it is going to be kept for more than two days.
- If you aren’t going to consume your cake right away, you should store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are.
- The carrot cake will remain fresh for approximately seven days if stored in this manner.
- What is the best way to preserve carrot cake before icing it?
It is possible to preserve a carrot cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week before icing it.If you are putting the carrot cake in the freezer, cover it tightly with a layer of plastic wrap before placing it in an airtight container.This will help to keep it from developing freezer burn on the outside.What is the best way to keep carrot cake overnight?When storing carrot cake overnight, it is best to wrap it in plastic wrap or keep it in an airtight food storage container.You may either keep the carrot cake on the counter top or place it in an area of the refrigerator that is not prone to temperature fluctuations, such as the front of the refrigerator.
- The best way to keep carrot cake with cream cheese icing is in the refrigerator.
- To be safe, carrot cake that has already been iced should be allowed to cool fully before being stored.
- Exceptions include: Store it in the refrigerator for up to a week in a plastic cake container or plastic food storage container.
- It will keep the dairy products in the frosting fresh for a longer period of time if it stays cool.
- For how long can carrot cake with cream cheese icing stay fresh in the refrigerator?
- If you keep your carrot cake with cream cheese icing correctly, it will last approximately one week in the refrigerator.
- If the cake is kept in the refrigerator for more than a week, the freshness will begin to disappear and the cake may begin to dry up.
- Store the carrot cake and cream cheese icing in separate containers to ensure that the cake lasts longer.
Is it true that carrot cake contains carrots?As a whole, carrot cake is often made using diced carrots that are put into the batter before baking.During the baking process, the carrots soften, resulting in a cake with a soft consistency.Carrots become sweet after being cooked, making them an excellent ingredient to this dish.
- If you’re anything like me, you’re undoubtedly a sucker for sugary treats.
- However, even though I adore sweet sweets such as cakes and cookies, I am well aware that I must exercise caution when consuming these delectable sweet delights (particularly during the holiday season)!
- Carrot cakes have been in my family for centuries, and they provide a way for us bakers to indulge in dessert without feeling terrible about it!
- I hope these suggestions will assist you in properly storing your carrot cake so that you may enjoy it at a later date!
- Spread the word about our post and encourage others to do so!
Incredibly Moist and Easy Carrot Cake
This is the carrot cake recipe that I use the most. It is produced entirely from scratch, is simple to prepare, is adaptable, and is really tasty. We have a lot of people that love this dish! Just take a look at all of the positive feedback! Go directly to the Easy Carrot Cake Recipe.
How to Make Carrot Cake From Scratch
- This carrot cake is quick and simple to prepare, and it is really tasty.
- That we adore carrot cake was something we didn’t discover for quite some time until lately.
- Both of us had never eaten anything like it when we were younger.
- We fell in love with this dish since it was so simple.
- This cake may be made fast and easily without the use of a lot of specialized equipment.
The fact that it is so simple to make makes it the best-tasting carrot cake we have ever tasted.In case you’re seeking to bake cupcakes, check out our simple carrot cake cupcakes recipe.This cake served as an inspiration.More carrot recipes may be found at: Try our simple roasted carrots, carrots with garlic butter, or these honey roasted carrots for a quick and easy side dish.
Carrot Cake Ingredients
- The ingredients for this cake are straightforward, and I’m willing to wager that you already have quite a few of them in your pantry.
- The whole recipe may be seen below, but here is a brief synopsis of what to expect: I like to use all-purpose flour, but you can also use whole wheat or white whole wheat flour in place of some of the all-purpose flour if you prefer.
- Replace the flour in the recipe with your preferred gluten-free flour mix for a gluten-free carrot cake.
- Baking soda aids in the rising of the cake.
- We don’t use baking powder because the cake doesn’t require it.
The flavor of the cake is enhanced by the addition of salt, cinnamon, and vanilla essence.Oil helps to make the cake moist and delicious – any neutral-flavored oil will do.A subtle coconut taste will emerge in the finished product if you use melted coconut oil instead of butter.The use of sugar makes the cake moist, light, and delectable.The mix of white and brown sugar is one of my favorite combinations, although you may use either one alone.As a result of the recipe’s publication, several of our readers have inquired as to whether we may lessen the amount of sugar used in the dish.
- You certainly may; however, keep in mind that the amount we suggest will result in the moistest cake possible.
- The structure of the cake is provided by the eggs.
- This is the greatest carrot cake since it contains a large amount of carrots.
- I prefer to grate my carrots by hand since I enjoy the texture, but you can use a food processor or purchase pre-grated carrots from the supermarket if you don’t have one.
- When we initially tried the cake, we reduced the amount of carrots from three cups to two cups because three cups seemed a little excessive.
- We were a little dissatisfied with the outcome after baking and cooling the cake.
- Do not second-guess the amount of carrots asked for in our recipe below if you are in the middle of baking the cake.
- You’ll need all three cups to complete the task.
After all, it’s a cake made with carrots.The use of pecans and raisins is entirely optional!I am aware that some people enjoy the taste of nuts and raisins in carrot cake, while others are opposed to their inclusion.These are absolutely optional, so go with whatever you enjoy the most in life.
Making the Cake Batter
- Nothing could be easier than the preparation of this carrot cake recipe.
- If you have a couple of mixing bowls and are capable of stirring things together, you can create this cake!
- According to our recipe video, all that is required is the simple combination of all of the components.
- Here’s how I prefer to go about it: Dry ingredients are placed in one bowl, while liquid ingredients are placed in another: I prefer to whisk my dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until they are thoroughly combined.
- Afterwards, I combine all of the wet ingredients in a separate mixing dish.
Combine the dry and wet materials in the following manner: When I’m done mixing, I move to a rubber spatula or big spoon and fold the two ingredients together until there are no major streaks of flour visible.In addition to this cinnamon coffee cake, we also make our quick pineapple upside-down cake and this buttery blueberry cake using the same process.Both dishes are very delicious!) Add carrots, almonds, and raisins to the mixture: In a large mixing bowl, I mix in the carrots as well as any nuts or raisins that may have been included in the recipe.
Baking the Cake
As for preparing the carrot cake, divide the mixture evenly between two greased and floured cake pans and bake for 30 minutes or until the cake is done. The cake layers should be baked for 35 to 40 minutes in the oven (they smell fantastic). After baking, allow the layers to cool completely before applying your preferred frosting.
Frosting the Cake
Once the carrot cake mixture has been divided between two greased and floured cake pans, bake until the cake is done, around 30 minutes. For 35 to 40 minutes, the cake layers should be baked in the oven (they smell fantastic). When you’re through baking, allow the layers to cool before applying your preferred frosting to them.
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
Instead of icing the cake, you may leave it plain if you don’t care for it or don’t have the ingredients on hand. It will still taste delicious. Alternatively, dust a little amount of powdered sugar on top. When Adam and I were testing this recipe, we omitted the icing the first couple of times and ended up falling in love with the cake just as it was, without any frosting.
What Our Readers are Saying
- You may not think that our recipe will assist you in baking the greatest homemade carrot cake till you read what our readers have to say about it!
- More reviews may be found in the area below the article.
- ″Thank you so much for sharing this recipe; it was really simple to follow and turned out perfectly on the first try.
- It was a big success with the family and is now a frequent request from my children.″ – A formal etymology ″This carrot cake was really delicious!
- The cake I created was for my husband’s birthday, and he said that it ″would earn a Paul Hollywood handshake″ (from the Great British Bake-Off).
Yuna is a young woman who lives in Japan.″This recipe for carrot cake is very delicious!It is quite difficult to find one that is not dry – this one is wet and works flawlessly every time; we make it frequently because it is unquestionably our favorite!″ – Jodi et al.We’ve received a number of commonly asked questions since publishing this recipe.The following are the most often encountered:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it possible to create carrot cake cupcakes using this recipe?
- Yes, without a doubt (and if you read through the comments, many of our readers have done just that).
- If you want to create cupcakes instead of a cake, we recommend baking them for 14 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees (or until a tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean).
- Finally, allow them to rest for a few minutes in the cupcake pan before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- This recipe should yield around 24 cupcakes.
We’ve been asked this question so many times that we’ve decided to include a recipe for carrot cake cupcakes on the site (click to see it now).Is it possible to build a single large-layer cake?Yes, however the baking time will be adjusted accordingly.A Bundt pan with a capacity of 10 or 12 cups should be plenty for a bundt cake.In the 10-cup pan, you will most likely need to extend the baking time by around 30%, and in the 12-cup pan, the increase will be slightly less.A 9-inch-by-13-inch pan will also work, but you may need to leave a small amount of batter out of the pan to prevent it from overflowing.
- If possible, I’d bake the cake on a sheet pan, just in case part of the batter spills over the sides.
- What is the best way to keep carrot cake?
- The cake should technically be refrigerated because it has a cream cheese frosting on it, but most bakers (even professional bakers) are OK with leaving a frosted cake out on the counter for a day or two (as long as your kitchen isn’t too hot).
- If you wish to store the cake in the refrigerator, it will keep for 5 to 6 days.
- Is it possible to substitute applesauce for the oil in the carrot cake recipe?
- We haven’t tested this ourselves, so you may have to do some research and experimentation on your own to figure it out.
- Having said that, you should be able to substitute part of the oil with applesauce without encountering too many difficulties.
- Is it possible to use pineapple in the carrot cake?
Yes, without a doubt.To avoid the cake becoming too wet, use fresh pineapple or, if using canned pineapple, drain it thoroughly before adding it to the cake.We don’t advocate adding more than 1 cup of water to your recipe.Recipe was initially published in April 2014 and has been revised.Since publishing this recipe in 2014, we’ve made some changes to make it more understandable and added a brief instructional video.Adam and Joanne are a couple that live in the United States.
Incredibly Moist and Easy Carrot Cake
- PREP 20mins
- COOK 45mins
- TOTAL 1hr 5mins
- This is the greatest carrot cake recipe I’ve ever tried, and it’s easy to make.
- We like to hand grate the carrots to get the finest carrot bits that melt into the cake batter, but you can also use a food processor to grate the carrots.
- Carrots are shredded quickly, but the bits will be somewhat bigger than with a traditional grater.
- Bags of shredded carrots are available in several supermarkets as well.
- This is a recipe that may be adjusted to your liking.
You may make this with or without the nuts and raisins, depending on your preference.Both granulated and brown sugar work well in this recipe, but you can use either one or the other if you prefer** In contrast to the creamy frosting recipe described below, which is a soft icing, it is not recommended for frosting the entire cake.It has a consistency that is more similar to stabilized whipped cream than regular cream cheese frosting, and it is delicious.See the notes section for a recipe for a more typical cream cheese frosting.There is enough batter to make one (9-inch) double-layer cake (16 thin slices) or 22 to 24 cupcakes.
Watch Us Make the Recipe
You Will Need
- Carrot Cake is a delicious dessert.
- 2 cups of coffee (250 grams) 2 tablespoons baking soda (for all-purpose flour).
- 1 12 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt 1 14 cups (about) (295 ml) Canola or other vegetable oil is recommended.
- 1 cup of oats (200 grams) sugar that has been granulated 1 cup of oats (200 grams) brown sugar that has been gently packed 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional) 4 big quail eggs 3 cups of coffee (300 grams) carrots that have been shredded and peeled (5 to 6 medium carrots) 1 cup of oats (100 grams) pecans that have been roughly chopped a half cup (65 grams) raisins For a Creamy Frosting, use the following ingredients: 8 fluid ounces (225 grams) cream cheese that has been left out at room temperature 1 14 cups (about) (140 grams) sugar that has been powdered a third of a cup (80 ml) whipping cream with a lot of air a half cup (50 grams) Pecans, finely chopped, to be used as a cake topper
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the batter (176C). Two 9-inch round cake pans should be greased and lined with parchment paper, with the parchment paper being greased on top as well. Alternately, butter and flour the bottom and sides of both pans before baking. In a medium-sized mixing basin, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. In a separate dish, mix together the oil, sugars, and vanilla extract until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Make use of a big rubber spatula instead. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl clean, then add the dry ingredients in three batches, gently stirring between each addition until the dry ingredients are completely incorporated and the batter is smooth. Combine the carrots, nuts, and raisins in a large mixing bowl. Bake the cake: Divide the batter into the cake pans that have been prepared. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the tops of the cake layers spring back when touched, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, depending on your oven. Cakes should be allowed to cool in their pans for 15 minutes before being turned out onto cooling racks and allowed to cool entirely. (If you discover that a cake layer has been stuck to the bottom of the pan, turn the pan upside down and let gravity to do its work.) To finish, in a large mixing bowl, using a handheld mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until it is creamy, approximately 1 minute. Beat in the powdered sugar, a quarter cup at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Pour in the cream and beat for 1 minute on a medium speed until well combined. Refrigerate until you are ready to frost the cake. As soon as the cake layers have been allowed to cool fully, frost the top of one cake layer and then set the second cake layer on top. Using the remaining frosting, create a decorative swirl pattern over the top of the cake, leaving the sides unfrosted. Sprinkle nuts on top of the dish.
Adam and Joanne’s Tips
- Frosting Substitute — Cream Cheese Frosting in the Traditional Style: In a large mixing bowl, cream together 16 ounces of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of melted butter for a minute or two, or until the mixture is smooth. Combine 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, and a sprinkle of salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture is very creamy. A spoonful of cream or milk can be added if the sauce is too thick.
- How to Make Carrot Cake Cupcakes (with Pictures): We’d recommend baking cupcakes for 14 to 18 minutes for the best results (or until a tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean). Finally, allow them to rest for a few minutes in the cupcake pan before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely. The recipe should yield between 22 and 24 cupcakes.
- This recipe can be baked in a bundt pan, which we haven’t tried yet, but a 10- or 12-cup Bundt pan should be plenty for this recipe. Increasing the baking time by around 30% in the 10-cup pan is likely, and somewhat less in the 12-cup pan, depending on how dense the batter is.
- Using a rectangle pan measuring 9 inches by 13 inches: Simply pour all of the batter into the rectangular pan and bake until done. The baking time should be comparable.
- Recipe based on Smitten Kitchen’s Recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes, which I modified and inspired.
- Nutritional information: The nutritional information shown below is an approximation. The USDA database was consulted in order to generate approximate values.
- If you prepare this recipe, take a photo and tag it with the hashtag itinspiredtaste – we love seeing your creations on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook!
- You may find us at: @inspiredtaste Nutritional Information Per Serving: 1 slice (1 of 16) / 535 calories / total fat 33.4 grams / saturated fat 6.9 grams / cholesterol 69.3 milligrams / sodium 315 milligrams / carbohydrate 56.4 grams / dietary fiber 2.4 grams / total sugars 40.5 grams / protein 5.6 grams
When properly stored, cakes keep well in the kitchen cupboard, fridge or freezer, but how well they keep will depend on a number of factors. Here are a few things to remember when saving your cakes for another day.
Putting your cakes on the table We believe that the greatest tasting baking comes from freshly baked goods, thus we recommend that you consume your cakes within 24 hours of creating them.Cakes are perishable and should be consumed as soon as possible if they contain wet components such as fresh fruit, fruit compotes, or fresh dairy such as cream, cream cheese, mascarpone, or custard, or if they are made with dried fruit.Protect the sponges you’re using.We totally coat our sponges with icing since doing so helps to prevent sponges from losing their moisture.
In the event that you have piped icing onto your cake or left the sponge exposed, the cake is more prone to dry up while it is being stored.Putting the finishing touches on your cakes Baked goods should always be wrapped tightly in cling film before serving.This is done in order to establish a protective barrier and keep them from drying out completely.Make certain that all of the cut edges are properly covered in order to avoid the sponge from drying out.Buttercream-topped cakes are best served in a cake tin coated with greaseproof paper that has been allowed to cool completely before serving.
- Keeping your cakes refrigerated Cake with a buttercream or ganache topping can keep for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator..
- It will last 1-2 days at the most if the cake is made with custard, cream, cream cheese, or fresh fruit as filling.
- The cream cheese frosting on your cake should not be kept at room temperature; instead, we recommend keeping it refrigerated for no more than 1-2 days and allowing it to come up to room temperature before serving it.
- Fruit cakes that have been covered in marzipan and frosting will remain significantly longer.
- It is best not to refrigerate cakes that have been decorated with sugarpaste, fondant, or food coloring since the colors may bleed.
- Cakes should be frozen.
- Cakes keep well in the freezer for up to 4 months.
It’s ideal to wrap the sponges individually and to store the icing in an airtight container before freezing the mixture.If the cake has already been iced, wrap it tightly in cling film, either as a whole or in slices, and store it in an airtight plastic container or an airtight resealable bag until needed.In this way, it will not be able to absorb the flavors from the freezer.To further preserve the cakes, you may put a layer of aluminum foil around the cling film.To prevent the cakes from becoming crushed on your freezer shelf, make sure there is enough of room on the shelf.We do not advocate freezing meringue or cream-based icings since they will go stale if they are frozen.
Taking your cakes out of the freezer Remove your cakes from the freezer and set them aside to thoroughly thaw before serving them.As soon as you take the frosting out of the freezer, whisk in a splash of milk until it is frothy and spreadable.If you want to level your sponges before layering them, you should do it with a serrated knife after the sponges have defrosted.Learn how to frost a layer cake by watching this video.Sunlight Keep your cakes out of direct sunshine, since this can cause the frosting to melt and the icing to discolor if it is colored, resulting in a ruined cake.
Temperature Keep your cakes cold or at room temperature to avoid spoiling them.Heat will cause frosting to melt and slip off of the sponge, and it will also dry out the sponge.In the summer, or if your kitchen is really warm, it is preferable to chill your cakes and then let them to come to room temperature before serving them if you want to serve them at a later time.Bottoms that are soaked Humidity, either from the surrounding environment or from the heated cakes as they cool, can cause cupcake covers to peel and sponges to get soggy.Make sure you allow the cakes to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before icing and storing them so that any moisture may drain.Check the quality of your batch If you are baking in preparation for a special occasion, we recommend batch testing your cake to ensure that it will freeze properly.
It is a good idea to try half of the cake while it is still fresh so that you can get a sense of how the cake should taste, and then freeze or refrigerate the other half to see how it will fare over time.This also serves as an excuse to eat twice as much cake!Cookies that have been frozen Cookie dough may be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months or in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking.You may either place the entire dough ball in the freezer covered tightly in cling film or, for convenience, roll it into a log and wrap it tightly in cling film before placing it in the freezer.Before baking, use a heated knife to cut into rounds that have been direct from the freezer.To compensate for the decreased temperature of the dough, increase the baking time by a few minutes and keep an eye on it during the baking process.
- Keeping cookies safe Maintain an airtight container by placing squares of greaseproof paper between the biscuits.
- Cookies may always be revived by dusting with a few drops of water and baking for a few minutes at a high temperature to restore their chewiness.
- Resurrect a stale cake If your cake has gone stale, it is not the end of the world.
- Whizz the sponge up in a food processor and use as crumb decorations on a fresh batch of batter; mix in the icing and form into balls that can be frozen and dipped in chocolate to make cake pops; or crumble over ice cream for a refreshing dessert treat (one of our favourite cheeky ways to enjoy leftover Red Velvet).
Does Carrot Cake Need To Be Refrigerated?
*Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links.For further information, please view my disclaimer.Carrot cake is one of those dishes that might be difficult to make.The term is deceptive because it is plainly created with vegetables, despite the fact that it is referred to as such.
Who would have imagined that carrots could make such a tasty and flavorful contribution to a dessert?Despite this, carrot cakes are really popular, and this is due to the fact that they are absolutely delicious.Traditionally, carrot cake is topped with a cream cheese icing, but there are many various methods to prepare carrot cake that you may try out.However, unlike other classic cakes that may be stored simply by covering them, this cake requires more than just a covering.In any case, if your home is anything like ours, there are almost never any leftover pieces!
- So, is it necessary to chill the carrot cake before serving?
- Although it is not required to refrigerate carrot cake immediately after preparation, it should be kept in the refrigerator for the most of the time.
- It should also be stored in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap or tin foil to maintain maximum freshness.
- It is important to note that carrot cake should be refrigerated for several reasons, which we will discuss in this article.
- We will discuss the general shelf life of the carrot cake and offer you with some storage suggestions and solutions that may be useful when it comes time to preserve your carrot cake.
- Continue reading to find out how to store carrot cake and other useful information!
Storing Carrot Cake Properly
In brief, you are not required to preserve carrot cake in the refrigerator, but it will last far longer if you do.You should also consider the sort of icing that will be used on the carrot cake while making your decision.The most commonly used frosting is cream cheese frosting, which should always be stored in a cold area, so keep that in mind when making your cake.To be sure, if your carrot cake isn’t frosted, or if the frosting isn’t the traditional cream cheese variety, you’ll have a little more latitude.
These are definitely factors that you should take into consideration before making a decision on how to keep your carrot cake.However, there is one problem with carrot cake.Even if it is not frozen, it will need to be refrigerated to maintain its freshness.Carrot cake may be kept at room temperature for a limited period of time, although the refrigerator or freezer are the most common means of preserving it long-term.Here’s how it’s broken down.
- It is possible to get 1-2 days out of a carrot cake if it is left at room temperature, regardless of whether it has been frosted or not.
- However, if you store it in the refrigerator, you should be able to enjoy the carrot cake for at least 7 days after making it.
- You may go one step further and preserve the carrot cake in the freezer as well, if you want.
- All of these ways are effective, but using the refrigerator or the freezer rather than simply keeping the cake at room temperature allows you to store the cake for a longer period of time.
How To Store Carrot Cake At Room Temperature
While we don’t advocate keeping carrot cake at room temperature for long periods of time, it is possible to do so for short periods. Keep in mind that this sort of cake, as well as the icing, will only last around 1-2 days at room temperature if kept in the refrigerator. When storing a carrot cake at room temperature, follow these instructions.
- Allowing the carrot cake to cool after baking is recommended.
- Cover the container with a tight-fitting lid or other airtight container. If necessary, you can cover the dish with plastic wrap or any similar covering.
- Keep the container out of direct sunlight. We recommend storing them in a pantry or a dark, cool area of the kitchen or dining room.
- Allow 1-2 days at room temperature for maximum storage life.
These methods of storing carrot cake can be utilized for both frosted and unfrosted carrot cakes. This is intended for fresh carrot cake or even purchased carrot cake, but bear in mind that it will not survive very long under these specific conditions.
How To Store Carrot Cake In The Refrigerator
We recommend that you make use of the refrigerator.Your carrot cake will be considerably more durable, and it will also taste much better.It is always possible to remove the dish from the fridge 30 minutes before serving to allow it to come to room temperature if you prefer it warm or at room temperature.The fridge, on the other hand, provides the best results in terms of storage and allows for extended periods of time in storage.
There are a variety of reasons why we suggest the refrigerator.For frosted cakes, the fridge is an excellent place to store them since the frosting is less likely to melt or get sloppy in the refrigerator.The fridge is also beneficial for the cake itself, since it helps to keep the carrots and other ingredients in the cake fresher for longer periods of time.If you store your cake in the refrigerator, you may expect it to last up to 7 days, as compared to 1 or 2 days if you store it at room temperature.To keep carrot cake in the refrigerator, follow the methods outlined below.
- If the cake was just made, check to see that it has had enough time to cool.
- Place the cake in an airtight container when it has been securely covered. You can cover the dish with plastic wrap or foil if necessary, but we prefer using a dish that will seal and lock securely.
- Place the container in a cold, dark place in the refrigerator that is not prone to condensation.
- For up to 7 days, keep it in the refrigerator.
Keeping the cake and icing in the refrigerator is important because it will help to maintain the ingredients in the cake and frosting since the coolness of the refrigerator will assist to preserve them.It is possible to use this method for both frosted and unfrosted carrot cake, just as you may with the other methods we have discussed.You will note that storing your carrot cake in the refrigerator, as opposed to storing it at room temperature, allows you to enjoy it for significantly longer periods of time.It’s an excellent method of preserving and caring for those materials.
Make certain that there is no surplus moisture and that your storage techniques are airtight in order to avoid germs from forming and the cake from becoming hard while it is being stored.Right keep in mind that whether you want to serve the cake warm or at room temperature, you will just need to take it from the oven or refrigerator just before serving.If you want to serve the cake at room temperature rather than cold from the fridge, let it to sit at room temperature for around 30 minutes.
How To Store Carrot Cake In The Freezer
In the event that you have leftover carrot cake that you haven’t used yet, or if you just don’t believe it will be consumed before it spoils, you can always put your carrot cake in the freezer until needed.This is a fantastic choice for carrot cake that does not have icing, but it may also be used with carrot cake that does have frosting.You should be aware that the freezer can occasionally cause problems with the components in frosting when they are taken out of the freezer, although you are unlikely to have any problems with them.It is possible that the texture of the frosting may vary very little, but it is also possible that it will be fine.
To keep carrot cake in the freezer, follow the methods outlined below.
- Make certain that the cake has had enough time to cool before putting it in the freezer immediately after baking. Best results are obtained when the product is cooled or at room temperature.
- Wrap the cake with plastic wrap that may be used in the freezer. We recommend using at least two pieces of plastic wrap to protect your food.
- Place the cake in an airtight container or a freezer storage bag to prevent it from drying out.
- The carrot cake should be firmly sealed to guarantee that no air from the freezer may get into the cake.
- All packing should be labeled, date stamped, and sealed.
- You may keep it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
The freezer is an excellent location to keep both frosted and unfrosted carrot cake, and it will allow you to enjoy your cake for a significantly longer period of time.You can get good results from any of these approaches provided you follow the instructions to the letter.Just make sure you are aware with the timings and understand that room temperature storage is not recommended for this cake.
We hope you find our instructions about keeping your carrot cake in the appropriate manner to be a valuable resource. There are a variety of storage solutions available, including the refrigerator, which we recommend. After that, let’s have a look at the next question and answer part to see if there are any more details that would be helpful.
How can you tell if carrot cake is bad?
You can usually tell by the scent, but there may also be visual cues to look out for. In the event that you detect any aroma that looks wrong, we urge that you refrain from eating the cake, particularly if it is a ruined scent. When it comes to the aesthetic aspect, if you discover mold or any other irregularities, it’s time to throw the cake out.
How long does carrot cake last?
Really, it all depends on how the carrot cake is preserved, as well as what is included within it. The majority of the time, you may expect 1-2 days at room temperature and around one week in the refrigerator.
Can I leave carrot cake out overnight?
For as long as it is only one night, you may keep the carrot cake out in the refrigerator without it going bad. However, we recommend storing it in the refrigerator to ensure the greatest possible preservation of the cake and icing. Up Following that, can stainless steel be used in the oven?
Hello, my name is Jaron, and I’m a self-proclaimed culinary expert as well as the creator of this blog!I’ll be completely honest with you: I began this website because someone told me I couldn’t do it and I felt compelled to prove them incorrect.As I progressed through my adventure, I discovered that I had a strong affinity for culinary writing.I hope you found something useful in whichever post you read, and please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any further questions.
Does Cream Cheese Frosting Need to Be Refrigerated?
And is it possible to put it in the freezer?When it comes to creating contrast in a cake, cream cheese frosting is unrivaled in its ability to do this task.The creamy, tangy topping goes perfectly with both the sweet and spicy cakes, and it elevates the entire dish to a new level of deliciousness.Because cream cheese frosting is vulnerable to becoming a breeding ground for germs, letting a cake with cream cheese icing out overnight is a surefire way to spoil a perfectly good cake.
Learn the best methods for storing cake with cream cheese icing in the refrigerator and freezer by watching this video.
Does Cream Cheese Frosting Need to Be Refrigerated?
Yes, cream cheese frosting must be kept refrigerated due to the fact that it is prone to spoilage.However, cream cheese frosting may be stored at room temperature for up to two hours, so you won’t have to worry about eating a chilly piece of cake.According to the Food and Drug Administration, cream cheese frosting and icing, as well as other meals that include cream cheese, must be refrigerated within two hours of preparation.
Can You Freeze Cream Cheese Frosting?
When it comes to cream cheese frosting, one of the advantages is that it freezes very well.When freezing baked products, such as cakes with cream cheese frosting, it is necessary to freeze the baked items first to ensure that the icing sets properly.The cake should first be placed in the freezer uncovered for at least one hour before frosting or decorating.Once the icing is applied, cover the cake securely in plastic wrap at least twice before wrapping it in aluminum foil to avoid freezer burn and the cake from collecting any strange freezer odours during storage.
Place the triple-wrapped cake in an airtight container or zip-top bag (if you don’t have either, one extra layer of aluminum foil will suffice) and clearly mark it with the date and time.Frozen for up to six months is recommended.
How Long Does Cream Cheese Frosting Last?
- For up to two hours at room temperature, if stored in an airtight container.
- In the refrigerator, up to two weeks if stored in an airtight container.
- When properly packed, you may store food in the freezer for up to six months.
CARROT CAKE, FRESHLY BAKED, HOMEMADE OR BAKERY
- What is the shelf life of carrot cake? The specific answer to that issue is very dependent on the storage circumstances – preserve newly cooked carrot cake in a cool, dry place
- Cover the carrot cake with aluminum foil or plastic wrap to keep it from drying out while it is being stored.
- The fresh-baked carrot cake will keep for approximately 1 to 2 days at normal room temperature if it is properly preserved.
- *Keep any cake that contains icing or filling produced with dairy products or eggs, such as buttercream frosting or custard fillings, refrigerated right away.
- In the refrigerator, how long does carrot cake keep fresh? The fresh-baked carrot cake can keep for approximately 1 week in the refrigerator if it is properly preserved. When storing in the refrigerator, wrap the cake tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap to keep it from drying out.
- Is it possible to freeze carrot cake? Yes, you may freeze carrot cake by wrapping it securely in aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or placing it in a heavy-duty freezer bag.
- What is the shelf life of carrot cake in the freezer? When properly stored, it will retain its finest quality for around 4 to 6 months, but will stay safe for an extended period of time after that.
- The freezer time indicated is solely for optimal quality
- carrot cake that has been maintained continually frozen at 0°F will keep for an endless period of time
- What is the best way to detect whether a carrot cake is rotten or spoiled? When inspecting the carrot cake, the best method is to smell and look at it: eliminate those that have an odd smell or appearance
- if mold emerges, toss the carrot cake.
Sources: To learn more about the data sources that were utilized to compile food storage information, please visit this page.
How Long Does Chocolate Cake Last (with FAQs Answered)
Whatever the occasion, chocolate cake is a must-have for every gathering, large or little.But, how long do these scrumptious cakes truly linger in their deliciousness?An unopened chocolate cake will keep for about three days at room temperature and up to six months in the freezer if it is kept in the right conditions.Hey!
Greetings, my name is Michelle, and chocolate cake is one of my favorite desserts (although I will share that my mom loves it 100 times more than I do).Cooking and eating chocolate cake are two of my favorite things to do, and I do do multiple times a year (particularly around Mom’s birthday).It’s critical to understand how long it will be active.Bring on the drools because we’re going to talk about chocolate cake and how long it lasts.By the conclusion of this piece, you will have a clear understanding of how long your delightful treat will last.
- You will also be yearning for a piece of chocolate cake since your tummy will be grumbling.
- (I’m sorry, but I’m not sorry.) Let us talk about chocolate cake for a moment.
How Long Does Chocolate Cake Last?
Who would want to eat stale cake? That is not the case with me. Knowing how long chocolate cake lasts can help you make sure you’re devouring it while it’s at its most delicious. It will also assist you in determining how long ahead of time you should prepare a cake before a large gat