How to make a diaper cake: Roll up all the diapers into small balls and wrap a rubber band around each of them. If you like, you can also roll up baby clothes and add them to the base of the cake. Use approximately 56 diaper rolls for the base layer. It can be a good idea to use the baking pan to create a nice round shape for the cake.
How to make a diaper cake without rolling the diapers?
How to make a diaper cake without rolling the diapers: 3. Mini Diaper Cakes Small diaper cake is an easy and cheap baby shower decoration or centerpiece idea. All you need is 7-9 diapers for each cake. Roll up the diapers, tie with a rubber band. Tie all the rolled up diapers together with a rubber band.
How do you make a diaper cake for a school project?
1 Use colorful ribbons. Ribbons are great for helping to hold the diapers in place, and they can also help tie the “look” of the diaper cake together. 2 Use twine. 3 Say it with flowers. 4 Hang a pennant banner. 5 Make a sign. 6 Add sweet treats.
What size diaper cakes do you make?
The bottom tier of the diaper cakes I make are approximately 12-14 inches in diameter. Here’s how many diapers I used: The size of your finished diaper cake will also be slightly affected by the size of diapers you use. I used size 4 diapers for all of the diaper cakes shown in this post.
How do you wrap a diaper cake for a baby shower?
Wrap the diaper cake DIY tiers with receiving blankets or ribbon of your choice. Add a fun “little man” cake topper ( Amazon) to your diaper cake. Make mustache, bow, and top hat cutouts from cardstock. Attach to a lollipop stick or a dowel and insert into the diaper cake.
How do you make a homemade diaper?
You will need two pieces of flannel material to go on the outside of the microfiber towels, so cut out two pieces of flannel. 3. Layer the materials. Next, lay down a piece of flannel material pattern side down. Then, lay down three microfiber towels over this piece of flannel.
How to make unique and creative diaper cakes?
How many diapers to make a two tier diaper cake?
How to Make the Perfect DIY Diaper Cake
- Have you been asked to a baby shower and are pondering what to bring as a present?
- Alternatively, are you the shower’s host and are interested in learning how to prepare a diaper cake to serve as the centerpiece for the dessert table?
- Any way you slice it, a diaper cake not only looks festive and fantastic, but it’s also a wonderful present for the expecting mother.
- She is going to adore it!
To discover how to make a diaper cake and get inspired by 25 stunning decoration ideas, continue reading this article.
What Exactly Is a Diaper Cake?
- A diaper cake is essentially a cake-shaped present that is built entirely of disposable diapers.
- Generally speaking, it is adorned with objects such as ribbons, miniature baby accessories, paper cutouts, and even a small sign that reads something like ″Oh, baby!″ At a baby shower, a diaper cake is frequently given to the mother-to-be by one of the guests, or it may be made by the baby shower host as a centerpiece for the food table.
- The diaper cake can be decorated to fit the theme of the baby shower, or it can be decorated in a more generic manner to invoke all things baby.
- In certain cases, the diaper cake can be customized to suit the mother’s personality or preferences; for example, by giving it a modern look with succulents and flora, or by decorating it in the colors of the mother’s favorite sports team, Of course, you do not have to be attending the baby shower in order to make a diaper cake for the expecting mother.
Consider making one for a coworker right before she leaves on maternity leave, or bringing one to a sip and see celebration after the baby’s arrival to show off your new creation!No matter how or when you present the diaper cake to the expectant mother, she will be astonished and happy – and you will have a lot of fun making it, as well.
What You’ll Need to Make a Diaper Cake
When it comes to making and decorating your diaper cake, there are a plethora of options available to you, as you’ll see, but here’s a basic list of what you’ll need:
What Diapers to Use
- To prepare a diaper cake, you will, without a doubt, require diapers.
- We recommend utilizing Swaddlers, Pure Protection, or Cruisers 360° Fit to keep your feet comfortable.
- The diaper size is totally up to you.
- It may make more sense, though, to get a larger size because it will be easier to deal with when assembling the cake.
Keep in mind that using only one size of diapers may make it easier to level the diaper cake since you won’t have to juggle diapers of varying widths and heights.However, you may want to use a different size diaper for each tier of the cake to make it more visually appealing.As a result, the expectant parents will have a selection of sizes available for their child when they deliver.
Step-by-Step: How to Make a Diaper Cake
The process of making a diaper cake requires patience, but it can also be a great deal of fun. Furthermore, it is an excellent opportunity to stimulate your creative thinking. If you follow these five simple steps, you’ll have your final product ready to go before you know it!
Step 1: Choose a base
- Making sure you have a solid foundation for your diaper cake is essential, especially if it will be transported.
- If your structure is too frail, the last thing you want is for it to come tumbling down.
- It is possible to use a piece of strong cardboard, a cake stand, or a big tray for this project.
- For cardboard, you may cover it with foil or wrapping paper, or cut it into a circle that is exactly the same size as the bottom tier of the cake so that it will be nearly invisible when the cake is served.
Step 2: Prepare the diapers
- For the most part, there are two methods for making diaper cakes: the roll-up method and the wrap method.
- Each individual diaper should be tightly rolled up and secured with a little rubber band in order to prevent it from unfurling.
- You may also tie a ribbon around each one, but this would take more time and effort.
- Set each one aside until you’ve rolled up all of the sheets of paper.
There isn’t much prep work involved in making a wrap diaper cake.To begin, just remove the diapers from their container and go to step three.
Step 3: Position the diapers
- In order to make a roll-up diaper cake, arrange the rolls vertically and closely together until you achieve the desired size for the base layer of the cake.
- Extra-large rubber bands or ribbons can be used to hold the rolls in place while baking.
- If you’re using a rubber band, you may afterwards wrap it with ribbon to make it look more elegant.
- When it comes to fastening the ribbon, you can either use a little amount of hot glue (be careful not to get any on the diapers) or tie a small knot that may be hidden behind a design later on.
The long ends of the ribbon can also be used to tie a large bow as an alternative.If you’re planning on adding a second tier, insert about three wooden dowels between the diaper rolls to ensure that the following layer of diaper rolls is securely kept in place.Placing more diaper rolls around the dowels will help to create the second tier.
The second tier should be smaller in size than the first tier of the pyramid.Just like you did with the first tier, use an extra-large rubber band or ribbon to secure the second tier to the first tier.If the dowels protrude from the wall, you will need to cut off the top points (or use shorter dowels) to make them disappear.After you’ve added as many levels as you’d like (usually cakes have two or three), go to step four.Placing a clean paper towel roll upright on your cake foundation and wrapping the diapers around it will create a wraparound diaper cake.Continue wrapping until the first tier of your diaper cake is as broad as you want it to be on the outside.
Put the diapers back in place with an extra-large rubber band or a ribbon once you’re finished using them.Hot glue may be used to secure the ribbon (be careful not to get any on the diapers), or a knot or bow can be tied to finish the look.Use a rubber band to secure the diaper cake to the cake stand so that you may cover it later when you decorate the diaper cake.To be sure to keep in mind, some people like to surprise the expecting parents by using a bottle of champagne instead of an empty paper towel roll.You may also use a baby bottle instead of a water bottle.which could then be included as a component of your gift to the parents.
It’s a pleasant surprise either way, but a paper towel roll can suffice in this situation as well.To create a second tier, continue wrapping diapers over the top half of the paper towel roll until it is completely covered.Making the second tier smaller than the first tier is important; it should be held in place with a rubber band or ribbon.
Alternatively, you may proceed to step four and create a smaller third tier in the same manner.
Step 4: Add decorations
Step 5: Wrap the diaper cake
- The cake should be wrapped carefully if it will be transported in order to avoid the cake falling apart or becoming damaged during the transit process.
- Prepare the table by spreading a huge sheet (or two) of cellophane or soft tulle on it and placing the diaper cake’s base on top of it.
- Finally, bring the corners of the cellophane up over the cake, compress it together, and tie a ribbon around it to complete the wrapping.
Different Diaper Cake Shapes
Not all diaper cakes are made in the shape of a circle! Besides the traditional diaper cake form stated above, you may really build diaper cakes in a variety of shapes that correspond to a certain theme, such as the following:
25 Diaper Cake Decoration Ideas
The bottom line
- When it comes to diaper cakes, there is no right or wrong way to make them.
- It doesn’t matter if you go large or small, lavish or subtle; it is the sentiment that counts, and your efforts will be seen and appreciated.
- Have fun with it, and watch as the guest of honor’s face brightens as you reveal your creation to him or her.
- In addition to our post on 42 baby shower gift ideas you’ll adore, we have 16 sensible baby shower gift ideas as well as 25 baby shower presents for the mom-to-be that you should check out.
How to make a diaper cake with lots of helpful tips and tricks plus tons of inspiration for how to decorate diaper cakes.
- This is your one-stop shop for all you need to know about baking a diaper cake!
- Diaper cakes are a stacked stack of diapers that are rolled or folded to resemble a classic tiered cake in appearance.
- As a result, they are one of my favorite presents to bring to a baby shower because they can be used as a centerpiece.
- A diaper cake may be a delightful focus point for baby shower decorations, and it is easy to make one yourself.
The process of customizing a diaper cake to match a party theme is quite enjoyable.Plus, they’re a practical present that you know will be appreciated by every new mom you know.The next section contains all of the information you’ll need to prepare a diaper cake for a baby shower.
You will be able to do this task with the assistance of this comprehensive collection of instructions, I guarantee it!In this tutorial, I’ll lead you through the steps of acquiring supplies, constructing the diaper cake’s structure, and then the fun part: decorating it.
Best Diapers to Use for a Diaper Cake
- A diaper cake might be difficult to put together because there are so many different types of diapers available.
- My first recommendation is to get a larger size of diaper…
- Because kids outgrow newborn and size 1 diapers so fast, many moms get these sizes as presents for their children.
- I recommend that you purchase size 2, 3, or 4 diapers.
Another option is to hunt for plain white diapers or to discover a patterned diaper and choose one that will fit the colors in your nursery decor.There are some extremely cute diapers available these days, many of which have fashionable designs printed on them, and these diapers may really dress up a diaper cake or baby shower.Here are a few of my favorite diaper brands to use for diaper cakes that I enjoy making: One of my favorites are the Huggies with the limited edition Mickey Mouse pattern…
very sweet!2.Pampers Swaddlers are the greatest all-white diaper available on the market.3.Cloud Island Diapers from Target are available in a variety of adorable patterns for both boys and girls.4.
Hello Bello Diapers from Walmart come in a variety of fashionable designs.5.Honest Diapers are available in a variety of adorable patterns.6.Target’s Up and Up Brand Diapers are a more economical choice, and the design is modest enough that you may get away with using them.
Choose A Base for your Diaper Cake
- Building a diaper cake on a firm base will be essential, especially if you intend to take it to a baby shower or if you want to be able to bring it home with the expectant mother. Here are a few ideas for diaper cake bases that you might find useful: Spray paint it, leave it silver, add a circle of scrapbook paper or hot glue some trim around the sides of a metal pizza pan from Dollar Tree.
- Every type of plastic or melamine charger would work well as the foundation of your diaper cake. 2. Chargers These may be found at practically any craft store, and they are also available at Dollar Tree.
- Cake Board — Look in the cake decorating department of your local craft shop for pre-cut cardboard circles that may be used to construct genuine cakes from scratch. Besides that, they are ideal for constructing diaper cakes.
- The use of a tiered cake stand, in conjunction with a cake board, is recommended if you want to transport the diaper cake in one piece, but it does provide for a visually appealing presentation during the celebration
How Many Diapers Do I Need To Make A Diaper Cake?
- The quantity of diapers you will use to build a diaper cake is determined by the size of the completed cake and the number of layers you intend to use.
- A larger number of diapers equals a larger cake.
- You may use the following diaper cake sizing chart to estimate how many diapers you will need to purchase, though.
- The bottom tier of the diaper cakes I create has a diameter of roughly 12-14 inches and is approximately 12-14 inches high.
I used the following number of diapers: The size of the completed diaper cake will be influenced by the size of the diapers you use, which will be a minor factor.In order to make all of the diaper cakes depicted in this post, I needed size 4 diapers.Use newborn or size 1 diapers to make up for the little size difference.
You may need to add one or two additional diapers to each cycle if you are using newborn or size 1.
Diaper Cake Supply List
- You’ll need the following items to put together your diaper cake. 51 regular-sized rubber bands (one for each diaper and one for wrapping around the top tier)
- 50 diapers
- 51 regular-sized rubber bands
- File Bands (for wrapping around the bottom two layers of the tiers)
- 2 extra-large rubber bands, often known as file bands
- 1 cake base
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- wide ribbon (or other alternative—see below)
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- 1 large bottle of lotion or a paper towel/wrapping paper cardboard tube
- Decorations (see the list of possibilities below)
- a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- a piece of cardstock
Diaper Cake Assembly Instructions
- One diaper should be rolled up and secured with a thin rubber band. Place a hefty bottle of baby lotion or shampoo in the center of the cake base and repeat the process with the remaining diapers. Additionally, an empty paper towel or wrapping paper tube can be utilized.
- Begin by forming a layer of rolled-up diapers around the bottle all the way around. To keep everything together, wrap a big rubber band around the outside of each individual diaper and fasten it in place. I recommend having the foundation layer three diapers deep, but you may use as many as you need to completely cover the cake base equally.
- Make a second layer on top of the first and reduce the size by at least one round of diapers before putting the second layer together. Repeat the process for the third layer, as well as any more layers you choose to add if needed.
Whenever your diapers have formed the shape of a three-tiered cake, you are ready to begin decorating.
Diaper Cake Decorating Ideas
Every diaper cake must include three types of decorations:
- Ribbon. Tulle, rolled-up receiving blankets, or even wrapping paper or scrapbook paper cut into strips can be used in place of ribbon, but you can be creative with what you use.
- A charming cake topper for a special occasion. Making a decorative addition to the top of the cake will make it appear finished and will conceal the hole where the paper towel tube or lotion bottle could be visible
- Embellishments are ideal for this. These are the ornamental accessories that will give your diaper cake that extra ″wow″ factor that everyone will be talking about. You can use paper flowers, silk flowers, paper shreds, curling ribbon, small toys, bows, floral picks, baby booties, small stuffed animals, or anything else that you think would be cute or that would fit with the theme of your baby shower
- however, if you want to be more creative, you can use a combination of materials.
Here are some ideas for designing diaper cakes for both boys and girls. I’ve included a description of each cake below the photo for your convenience.
Paper Flowers and Patterned Ribbon | Glitter Scrapbook Paper, Fabric and Curling Ribbon | Burlap, Twine and Faux Succulents | Ribbon, Paper Shreds and Rubber Duckies | Cowboy Bandanas and Paper Star Cupcake Picks | Colorful Tulle and a Unicorn Horn | Burlap, Ribbon, Twine and a Teddy Bear | Floral Diapers, Ribbon and a Silk Flower Topper | Striped Ribbon and Cascading Silk Flowers
- Be creative and have fun when it comes to decorating a diaper cake.
- There are countless possibilities.
- Check out this baby shower burp cloth bouquet if you’re seeking for another creative and entertaining baby shower present idea.
- In learning how to bake a diaper cake, I hope you’ve found this tutorial to be of use.
Note: Please pin the image to your Pinterest board so you can easily access this information later.
How to Make a Diaper Cake
Article to be downloaded article to be downloaded Diapers as a present are always welcomed by new parents everywhere. A diaper cake is a creative and visually appealing manner of arranging diapers in a way that they resemble a tiered cake. It is possible to coil the diapers together or wrap them around one another, and then adorn the diaper cake to make a stunning show.
- 1Choose diapers with a fun design on them. In most diaper packages, there is either a see-through side panel or a photograph of the diaper so that you can view the design on the diapers itself. Purchasing diapers with a brightly colored pattern will help to make the cake appear more playful.
- 2 Form the top of the diaper cake with your hands. Starting at the ″open″ top end of the diaper, roll it up as tightly as possible. A rubber band should be wrapped tightly around the rolled diaper to prevent it from unrolling. Again, utilizing brightly colored rubber bands may add a lovely finishing touch. This diaper will serve as the focal point of the layer. A baby bottle can be used as the center of the top layer as an alternative.
- Promotional material
- 3 Seven additional diapers should be rolled up and secured. Place them around the central diaper (or baby bottle) so that they are all evenly spaced out from the center diaper. A wide rubber band should be wrapped around all of the diapers to keep them all together. Purchasing large rubber bands from your local office supply store is a good idea. The rolled-up diapers should be arranged in a circular.
- 4Construct a centerpiece for the middle layer of diapers. This can be a rolled-up diaper or any other oblong present, like before (such as a bottle of baby lotion). 15 more diapers should be rolled up and placed around the centerpiece. 5Construct the base in the same manner as the top. Secure them with a large rubber band. To create a centerpiece, roll up an extra diaper or a present (such as a toy or a piece of baby apparel) and place it in the middle. Roll up 30 diapers, each with its own rubber band, and place them in a container. Using a big rubber band, wrap them around the centerpiece to keep them in place. Make a second middle layer to serve as the foundation. Then, using a wider rubber band, wrap around 30 additional diapers around it.
- 6Secure the layers together by gently putting one or two wooden dowels into the base layer. After that, carefully stack the remaining two layers on top of the base layer, taking care to ensure that the dowels are inserted between the diapers rather than through them. Advertisement
- A half-finished roll of paper towels standing on a table is a good starting point The cake’s centerpiece will be a roll of paper towels, which will act as a glue to hold the layers of cake together.
- Alternatively, a large bottle of baby lotion or a rolled-up blanket might be utilized as a focal point instead.
- A roll of paper towels, on the other hand, will be the most straightforward centerpiece to create.
- 2Take the diapers out of the packaging and smooth them out using your hands. Place one diaper down the roll of paper towels so that it is laying horizontally along the roll
- 3place another diaper along the roll of paper towels so that it is overlapping the first In order to construct overlapping layers of diapers around the paper towels, repeat this procedure several times. The bottom layer may be as large or as little as you wish
- just remember that this is the foundation layer and that the other two layers will grow progressively smaller than this one.
- 4Place a large rubber band around the base layer to secure it in place. It will be easier if you have someone to assist you in your endeavor. Keep the diapers in place around the paper towel roll using your fingers. Make sure your assistant wraps the rubber band over the diapers, securing them to the roll.
- 5Repeat this method to create the other two layers. The layers should get increasingly smaller in size in comparison to the base, with the top layer being the smallest. Each layer should be secured with a wide rubber band. Advertisement
1 Make the cake’s base out of cardboard and decorate it as desired. Place the cake on a piece of cardboard and trace the contour of the cake with a pencil to make it easier to cut. Remove the cake and cut a circle out of the cardboard to use as a template. Alternatively, you may use a fancy plastic dish or an inexpensive pizza pan to display your cake.
- 2 Tie a ribbon around the top and bottom of each layer.
- Check to see that the rubber bands are completely covered.
- Cut the ribbon so that both ends of the ribbon are slightly overlapped.
- Tape the two ends of the ribbon together to keep them from unraveling.
It is possible to use more than one sort of ribbon to decorate the cake.Wrap each layer in a different style of ribbon, or wrap a large ribbon around each layer then layer a thinner ribbon on top of the larger ribbon to complete the look.
- 3Place beautiful ornaments on top of the cake to complete the look. Make faux flowers for the cake by sandwiching the stems between two diapers and baking them. If you followed Method Two, stuff colored pieces of tissue paper down the paper towel roll and decorate the top with flowers that are coming out of the top. Check out your local craft store to see what kind of decorations they have. You may also include baby travel-sized goods to give it a more personal touch.
- 4 It is recommended that you wrap the diaper cake in cellophane or netting to make shipping more convenient. (This step is entirely optional.) Use netting to tie the top of the cake together with a bow, or attach an animal stuffed to the tie to serve as a ″topper″ for the cake. Advertisement
- 3Decorate the cake with beautiful decorations. Insert the stems of imitation flowers into the diapers to decorate the cake. If you chose Method Two, stuff colored pieces of tissue paper down the paper towel roll and add flowers to the top of the roll to finish it off. Examine the selection of decorations available at your local craft store. If you want to add a little flare, you might include baby travel-sized goods. To make traveling easier, you can cover the diaper cake in cellophane or netting. It is possible to skip this step if you choose.) Top the cake with a bow, or attach a stuffed animal to the tie to make it look like a ″topper″ for an extra special touch. Advertisement
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Advertisement submissions are welcome.
- The quantity of diapers in each layer is only a rough guideline for the overall structure. Make sure to vary the numbers you use based on the kind of diaper you are using and how tightly you are wrapping them.
- Larger size diapers allow the mom to enjoy the diaper cake for a longer period of time before having to disassemble it. Using size 1 diapers, on the other hand, will allow the mother to have a supply of diapers on hand to use immediately. According to the number of diapers in the bag that you purchase, you may alternatively create the top two layers out of a single size while making the bottom layer out of a bigger size.
- If the parents are concerned about the ecology, you may complete this project using cloth diapers. Because you don’t need as many diapers and because diapers are more expensive, the cake would be smaller.
- Make sure they know if some of the presents are perishable so they can plan accordingly.
- In the event that you have any diapers left over after making your cake, you may have enough to create a diaper wreath as well.
- In the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, disposable diapers are referred to as ″nappies.″
Things You’ll Need
- There should be at least two packs of diapers (about 85-100 diapers for a three-tiered cake)
- Baby supplies and items to conceal, such as: pacifier and washcloth sets, onesies (one-piece baby suits), mittens and socks, and baby lotions, rash cream, and baby wash (optional)
- Rubber bands (available in a number of sizes
- a variety pack may be purchased for less than a dollar at department or stationery stores)
- Dowels made of wood
- Cardboard that is large enough to serve as the basis
- A tray (which is optional)
- Ribbons, bows, and other embellishments in bright colors
- Optional: netting or cellophane to protect the flowers.
About This Article
- Summary of the ArticleX Several items are required before you can begin making your diaper cake, including a package of 64 diapers, a package of rubber bands, and some ribbon.
- To begin, wrap up each diaper and bind it with a rubber band to form a tube shape.
- It is recommended that you use seven upright diapers in the top layer, sixteen in the middle layer, and thirty-two in the bottom layer.
- Carefully stack the layers and secure them in place with 1 or 2 wooden dowels to prevent them from shifting.
Continue reading to find out how to make a diaper cake that wraps around the entire cake!Did you find this overview to be helpful?Since then, 4,262,266 people have read it.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 4,262,266 times.
Learn How to Make a Diaper Cake for Baby Showers
- Create a baby shower centerpiece that serves as a kind present for the mother-to-be the next time you’re throwing a party for new parents.
- The preparation of a so-called diaper ″cake″ will take less time than the preparation of an edible cake, and it will remain fresh until the arrival of the new baby.
- Additionally, you may have just as much fun decorating this cake as you would with an edible cake.
- While adorable baby animals are wonderful stand-alone gifts, placing one on top of a diaper cake will make the nursery appear even more adorable.
To make a diaper cake, simply follow the steps outlined in this guide.Even if you’ve never baked a cake before, you’ll discover that making a diaper cake is as simple as baking a cake from scratch.
- Listed below are the materials you’ll need to get started on creating your diaper-cake centerpiece: There are approximately 50 medium-size disposable diapers. It takes 48 diapers to make the cake in this video, but because diaper brands vary in size, it’s a good idea to have a few extra on hand. You may always deliver the extras to the expectant mother in a separate gift
- A big platter on which to construct the cake (a 16-inch disposable cardboard plate purchased from a party supply store works nicely)
- There will be around 70 feet of thin ribbon used for tying the rolled diapers together (1 foot per diaper) and joining the tiers together.
- To finish the tiers, you’ll need around 8 feet of 1-inch-wide ribbon.
- The following items are required: one tall baby bottle
- little candies to fill the baby bottle
- adhesive tape
- All kinds of baby essentials, including pacifiers, teething rings, combs, brushes, rattles, bibs, and other accessories
Roll the Diapers
This is the section of the project that will take the most time:
- Make 1-foot lengths of the narrow ribbon out of 48 feet of it
- Determining if the printed decoration on the diaper will be seen on the cake is an important step. Roll each diaper from the fold outward, being sure to preserve the decoration on the outside of each diaper. If this is the case, roll with the decoration on the inside.
- Tie a piece of thin ribbon around the waist of each rolled diaper.
Assemble the Tiers
Three layers are required for this diaper cake, and you’ll need an additional set of hands to assist you keep everything together while you tie it all together. Start with the most important tier:
- Make sure to fill the baby bottle halfway with sweets. Five or six diapers should be placed around the bottle and tied together securely in that position with a piece of thin ribbon
- Make a second tier with around 15 diapers to complete the project. Tie them together one again with the narrow ribbon to make a tight knot.
- Making use of around 27 diapers, construct the third and biggest layer. To make the procedure of tying up the diapers a little easier, start by tying an inner circle of diapers with a string. After that, arrange the final row of diapers around the circle and bind them once more.
Decorate the Cake
This is the fun part:
- Place the heaviest cake tier on the serving tray and set the platter aside. Attach the diapers to the platter by placing numerous pieces of adhesive tape on the bottom of the diapers and pressing them down. Don’t use so much tape that the diapers tear when the mother disassembles the diaper changing station.
- Place the second tier on top of the base and attach it to the bottom tier with masking tape, as shown.
- Attach the smallest tier to the top of the other tiers in the same manner as you did the other levels.
- Wrap the cake in a ribbon and tuck the various baby decorations inside the ribbon all around the cake. To prevent them from coming off, make sure they are firmly fitted and secure with more ribbon if required
- The 1-inch ribbon should be put around each tier of the cake, to assist attach the embellishments and add a last finishing touch.
- Depending on the baby shower’s theme (teddy bears, unicorns, bubbles, or anything else), you can decorate the cake accordingly.
- Using a variety of pink ornaments and toys, you may make it appear as though it is a cake for a little girl. If the parents are unaware of or have not revealed the gender of the child, use a lot of soft pastels, which are traditional baby hues, to decorate the room. Consider using brighter colors in the nursery, which some parents may choose for their child’s room.
How To Make A Diaper Cake Centerpiece
- Diaper cakes are a beautiful centerpiece that is created to seem like a three-tiered cake, but it is built entirely of disposable diapers.
- Diaper cakes are a popular baby shower décor since they are easy to make and inexpensive.
- And, after the shower, the expecting mother will be able to take all of those useful diapers home with her.
- I recently volunteered to assist with the planning of a baby shower, and when the topic of decorations came up, I mentioned that a diaper cake may be entertaining, and I volunteered to do the actual making.
Yes, I stated that we should bake our own diaper cake.
Gathering Your Diaper Cake Supplies
- For starters, you’ll need to acquire a few basic items before you can begin working on your diaper cake. A trip at the dollar shop was among my first destinations, where I was able to pick up a few of amusing trinkets. The following is a list of the items I used: A large plate or cardboard circle (I used a 13-inch dollar store ″charger″ plate)
- an empty cardboard tube from a roll of paper toweling
- and a large piece of string or yarn.
- Rubber bands (which I already had in my stock)
- string (which I also already had in my collection)
- The following items are required: wide ribbon (I got a roll of 1-1/2′′ ribbon at the dollar shop)
- tape, pins, or a hot glue gun (for fastening the ribbon)
- embellishments (I used dollar store small rubber duckies!
- Disposable diapers (see below for additional information on diapers)
A snapshot of some of the items I needed to get started is shown below:
How Many Diapers Do You Need to Make A Diaper Cake?
- The diapers, of course, are the most important component of your diaper cake.
- I chose to use Size 1 disposable diapers because, while they were not the tiniest newborn size available, they were still small enough to be useful for getting a new baby started.
- I ended up using 50 diapers for my diaper cake, and I would recommend that as the very minimum number of diapers you would use.
- There is no doubt that you could make a larger cake with more or larger layers, but using 50 diapers will give you a diaper cake that is approximately 14 inches tall, which is a good size for a centerpiece.
The only little inconvenience you may have with the 50 diaper purchase is the manner in which the diapers are packed.The size 1 diapers I purchased came in a 44-pack, which meant I had to buy two packs and still had a lot of diapers left over after washing them.I just brought my spare diapers to the baby shower and made sure to send them home with the mom-to-be once she had finished with them.
Diaper Cake Step-By-Step Assembly Instructions
- Start assembling your diaper cake as soon as you’ve acquired all of the necessary materials. The steps I took were as follows: Preparing the Diapers — Because you will be standing the diapers up on their sides, you will need to wrap them up into little bundles before using them. I folded/rolled the size 1 diapers into thirds and then attached them with a rubber band for the size 1 diapers that I had used. A small portion of the print pattern on the diapers that I used was rolled to the inside in order to display as much of the white section of the diaper as possible. In Step 2, you’ll assemble the bottom layer of your plate by placing a cardboard paper toweling tube in the center of your plate (you can tape it to the plate to make it more secure if you wish). Begin to wrap the diaper bundles around the tube’s inside. I used 29 diapers for my bottom tier, which resulted in three layers of diapers around the tube in the end. Step 3: Tie a Thread Around the Tier — Once you’ve positioned the diaper bundles for the first layer around the cardboard tube, you’ll want to secure them in place by tying a string around each of them. For the second tier, you’ll want to do the same thing. Tie the string in a small knot in the middle of the tier, in the same location as the rubberbands, and trim any leftover ends of the string short. Repeat with the other strings. Then repeat the process for the Middle Layer. Step 4: Arrange 15 diapers around the cardboard tube, arranging them on top of the bottom tier for the middle tier. The middle stage will be made up of two layers that will wrap around the tube. Using a string, bind the tier together. Make a second tier by arranging six diapers around the cardboard tube and stacking them on top of the middle tier. Step 5: Repeat the process for a third tier. The diaper bundles will now protrude a small amount above the tube’s top. Using a string, bind the tier together. Step 6: Wrap the rubberbands in ribbon and tie them together — Now that the diaper cake has been built, we recognize that it is not a math paper, and we do not want to expose our work to everyone. So, we wrap the rubberbands in ribbon and tie them together with ribbon. In order to conceal the rubber bands and thread, you’ll want to cut strips of ribbon to the right length and wrap them around the rubber band region on each tier of the structure. For this project, I used 1-1/2′′ wide ribbon and required around 2-1/2 yards altogether. It was fastened in place using double stick tape and pins, which I made myself. It’s possible that you may also use hot glue. Step 7: Embellishments should be added – To finish off your diaper cake, you’ll want to adorn it with some decorations and ornaments. Something to place on top of the cake, namely to hide the opening where the cardboard tube is, will be particularly useful. I used a rubber duck to decorate the top of the cake, and then added some curling ribbon and my dollar shop small rubber ducks to complete the look. Last but not least, this is where you may express yourself anyway you choose. You may use a theme to create your cake, or you can include lots of small objects in your cake for the mom-to-be to take home after the shower. After that, your labor is completed, and you have created your own diaper cake. I discovered that this process moved ahead much more quickly and easily than I had anticipated. I believe you will find that creating a diaper cake is time well spent since it not only serves as a charming and attractive touch to the baby shower, but it is also a practical and useful thing that the mom-to-be can take home with her when the party is over. For your convenience, I’ve included the whole diaper cake printable directions below: A diaper cake centerpiece is a simple yet effective décor for a baby shower that can be constructed using little resources. Additionally, it’s a practical and helpful present for the mom to be, who may take it home with her after the shower. Centerpiece for a baby shower is a keyword. 1 Centerpiece is produced from this recipe. (I used size 1 disposable diapers.) 50 disposable diapers
- 1 large plate or cardboard circle (about 13″ in diameter) ″2 1/2 yards of string
- 1 cardboard tube from a roll of paper toweling″
- 50 Medium Size Rubber bands
- 1 cardboard tube from a roll of paper toweling 1-and-a-half ″Little Baby Item for a cake topper
- Other small baby trinkets or embellishments
- Tape, pins, or a hot glue gun (for fastening ribbon)
- Wide Ribbon
- Using a rubber band, roll up each of the diapers and fasten them. (I folded/rolled my size 1 diapers into thirds before using them.)
- Put 29 folded diapers on their ends and place them around the cardboard roll in the centre of the plate (you may want to attach it with tape). This will make the bottom tier of the cake look like a snowman. This will consist of three layers of diaper bundles arranged in a circle around the tube. Tie a piece of thread around the centre of the tier, in the same region as the rubber bands, to keep it in place.
- Place 15 diapers around the cardboard tube and place them on top of the bottom layer to complete the middle tier. Around the tube, there will be two layers of this. To keep the tier in place, tie a string around it.
- To assemble the top layer, wrap six diapers around a cardboard tube and place them on top of the middle tier. This will be a single layer of diapers around the tube, with the diapers extending a little past the tube’s top. To keep the tier in place, tie a string around it.
- Ribbon may be used to cover the rubber bands and thread on each layer. Cut a piece of ribbon to the right size and wrap it around the tier, fastening it in place with tape, pins, hot glue, or any combination of those materials.
- Finish the diaper cake by adding a baby object on top of the cake to cover the space where the cardboard tube was previously located. Other miniature baby things or curling ribbon streamers can be incorporated into the cake as desired.
How to Make a Diaper Cake in Three Ridiculously Easy Steps
- Discovering how to bake a diaper cake is a simple process that, once mastered, is second nature.
- This simple diaper cake DIY guide will demonstrate just how simple it is to make a diaper cake from scratch!
- I’m not sure when it originated, but diaper cakes were a popular dessert at some point in time.
- Diaper cakes are much cuter than Snickers poke cakes, which I myself would have preferred for my baby shower.
After attending and organizing a plethora of baby showers (I can’t tell you how many baby shower games I’ve devised), I thought it was finally time to learn how to bake a diaper cake.I’ve waited a long time for something so easy!It’s literally a three-step procedure, after which you may get as creative as you want with the decorations (or not).
You may also personalize the diaper cake to match one of these baby shower themes, or any other theme that you choose to use.And, perhaps most importantly, a diaper cake is one of the finest baby shower presents since it contains a collection of new mom basics that have been made adorable!
Diaper Cake Supplies
- Before you begin, double-check that you have all of the necessary items.
- When you reach to the second layer, you don’t want to realize that you don’t have everything you need since it will make it 10 times more difficult to finish!
- I’ve also provided information on how many diapers should be used for a diaper cake because I’ve been the person who purchases a box of diapers just to discover that there aren’t enough diapers inside!
- In addition, if you’d like to print this, make sure you go to the bottom of this article for printable instructions!
Diaper Cake Instructions
Okay, so there are really just three phases to this: creating your diaper layers, covering your diaper layers, and decorating your diaper layers. You can see how simple it is by watching the video included in this post.
1 – Make your Cake
- The first step is to roll up each of your diapers and bind them with a little rubber band, as seen below.
- Continue in this manner until all of your diapers have been rolled and fastened!
- It is recommended to wrap the rubber band around twice if your rubber bands are a little sloppy.
- As soon as you’ve finished rolling all of your diapers, place your tall object in the center of the cake stand and surround it with the wrapped diapers to form a ring.
Once the diapers have been thoroughly coated, wrap a big rubber band around the ring of diapers to form your foundation layer.It is necessary to repeat the process and form another diaper circle around the previous one, in order to get the desired thickness of the bottom layer of the cake.As soon as your bottom layer is secure, go ahead and repeat the process with a second and third layer — the only difference this time is that you will only be doing one ring, rather than two for each layer.
2 – Wrap Your Cake
- There are a plethora of various materials with which to wrap your cake, but my personal favorite is a large, thick ribbon.
- I believe that is the greatest resemblance to a real cake!
- You may also use fabric, lace, or anything else you wish to wrap it in; just make sure it will wrap up nice and tight.
- If you want to wrap your cake, start on one side of the cake (ideally the side that will be on the back), wrap around the cake, and fasten with tape or a straight pin at the end.
For aesthetic reasons, I like the straight pin.
3 – Decorate the Diaper Cake
- Decorating a diaper cake is one of the most enjoyable aspects of making one at home.
- Decorating the diaper cake is completely up to you and may be customized to match your theme, color scheme, the baby’s nursery, or practically any other design scheme you like!
- To simply adorn the cake with little toys, baby booties, and utilitarian objects (such as wash towels) that the mother-to-be may use with the child, is the concept.
- Anything else that will make the cake appear adorable is welcome as well.
The tucking of wash towels, socks, and other small items into the rolls of diapers is one of my favorite things to do while making a cake.It makes it so that the items are not seen just by glancing at the cake.Because the cake is meant to be a decoration, it may seem illogical to include surprises in the cake, but it is a lot of fun for the mom-to-be to discover them as she is tearing the cake apart to retain the pieces after the baby shower!
Almost as entertaining as these funny baby shower games, almost as entertaining.And there you have it – the prettiest homemade diaper cake ever!This diaper cake guide was written in the hopes of assisting you in your diaper cake endeavors.What appears to be a complicated process turns out to be a simple and effective method to add a themed and personal touch to any baby shower!Combine this with these adorable baby shower goodies to create the ideal shower!
- Decorating a diaper cake is one of the most enjoyable aspects of making your own.
- Decorating the diaper cake is completely up to you and may be customized to match your theme, color scheme, the baby’s nursery, or practically any other décor scheme that you like.
- A simple decoration for the cake might be little toys, baby booties, and utilitarian objects (such as wash towels) that the expecting woman may use while caring for her child.
- Anything else that will make the cake appear adorable is welcome as well, of course.
The tucking of wash towels, socks, and other small items into the rolls of diapers is one of my favorite things to do while making a cake.It makes it so that the items are not seen just by glancing at the cake.Because the cake is meant to be a decoration, it may seem illogical to include surprises in the cake, but it is a lot of fun for the mom-to-be to discover them when she is disassembling the cake to retain the pieces after the baby shower!
Even funnier than these hilarious baby shower games, almost as funny as these hilarious baby shower games The result is the prettiest diaper cake you’ve ever seen.This diaper cake guide was written in the hopes of assisting you in your diaper cake creation.What appears to be a complicated process turns out to be a simple and effective method to personalize and theme any baby shower!Make these adorable baby shower favors even more special by include them in the package.
Diaper Cake FAQs
- What is a diaper cake, and how does it work?
- Diaper cakes are non-edible cakes that are created from diapers and other baby goods.
- If you’re reading this site, you’re probably already aware of what a diaper cake is.
- It is frequently served during baby showers in place of a traditional cake, and it serves as both a décor and a present for the mother-to-be in one package!
In what range does a diaper cake range in price?The cost will be determined by the amount of diapers you use (I used newborns), the number of decorations you purchase, and the items in the center of the spectrum.As a result, the price of a diaper cake may be anything you want it to be.
What is the purpose of making a diaper cake?Another important reason to bake a diaper cake is that it makes a lovely baby shower centerpiece as well as a kind present for the new parents.Until I understood how simple it is to create diaper cakes, I was intimidated by the idea of making them.You will only need three steps to make a stunning diaper cake with this quick and simple diaper cake guide.Making a diaper cake just took a little more than an hour, proving that it is quite simple!
More Great Baby Shower Ideas
- A strawberry mocktail, Reese’s peanut butter pie recipe, and a baby shower emoji game are all on the menu.
- The following goods will be needed: 38 diapers, 38 little rubber bands, 4 big rubber bands, 1 bottle Johnson’s baby lotion, ribbon, baby accessories to adorn, a cake stand or cardboard circle to create the cake on, 3 straight pins, and the like.
- Each of your diapers should be securely rolled before being secured with a rubber band. Repeat the process until all diapers have been rolled.
- Place the baby lotion in the center of the cake stand and surround it with wrapped diapers to create a ring around it. Create a foundation for your diapers by wrapping a thick rubber band around them.
- Add another layer of diapers around the first layer, then fasten the final bottom layer with another thick rubber band.
- Repeat the process with a second and third layer of diapers, gradually increasing the thickness. The only difference is that you’ll only be doing one circle of diapers each layer, rather than two circles per layer.
- Wrap the ribbon around your cake and secure it using straight pins.
- Decorate the cake by placing baby objects inside and around it.
- Make the cake more personal by adding embellishments.
- Have a sports-themed baby shower?
- Make a fun basketball onesie or a pair of little baby basketball sneakers for the young ones!
- Are you planning an animal-themed baby shower?
Add in little stuffed animals, animal socks, and animal washcloths to complete the look.Place the cake in an area where people will not be able to touch it.People seem to enjoy touching diaper cakes for some reason, especially when they have lots of lovely tiny trinkets on them.
Keeping it in the middle of the table or on a counter out of reach will ensure that it remains in good condition during the baby shower.Make a little diaper cake by simply reducing the number of diapers used in the guide to the minimum required.Use things that you would truly offer to the mother-to-be as decorations rather than items that are purely for decoration sake.Roll the diapers up as tightly as you can to prevent leakage.If they’re too loose, the cake won’t look as attractive and it will be more difficult to maintain the cake’s appearance.
How to Make a Diaper Cake in a Few Easy Steps
- Return to the top of the page A newborn can go through as many as 12 diapers in a single day (!).
- In addition, as every new parent is well aware, diapers may rapidly become the main focus of your household when you have a newborn.
- So why not make them the focal point of a baby shower celebration?
- Not only a large package of diapers, but also a ″cake″ fashioned entirely of diapers.
Diaper cakes have been a trendy concept at baby showers in recent years.And, despite the fact that they appear hard, this project is far less difficult to do than you may expect.Discover all you need to know about creating a distinctive diaper cake centerpiece that the expecting mother will like in this article.
What is a diaper cake?
- A diaper cake is a cake-shaped construction made of diapers and decorated with flowers or plush animals.
- It is traditionally served at birthday parties.
- In most cases, it consists of two or three tiers of rolled diapers that are wrapped in ribbon to make them look like frosting on a cake.
- You may personalize the design of your diaper cake to match the overall theme of the baby shower you’re hosting.
Despite the fact that the most common cake form is a round one, many baby shower hosts create diaper cakes in the shape of vehicles, motorbikes, and even animals to decorate their tables (unicorns and elephants are popular choices).
Why make a diaper cake?
- Making a diaper cake is a thoughtful and entertaining idea for any baby shower, whether you are hosting or attending.
- Diaper cakes not only make a kind present and a charming centerpiece, but they’re also quite useful in a variety of situations.
- After all, new parents can never have too many diapers on hand, so these cakes may be a much-appreciated present for the mom-to-be to take home with her after the baby shower.
- Some baby shower guests choose to include additional diapering products in the cake (like as wipes and diaper cream) in order to make the present even more helpful for the expecting mother.
How many diapers do you need for a diaper cake?
- You’ll need anywhere from 38 to 64 diapers for a three-tier diaper cake, depending on the size and style of the cake you’re crafting.
- Here’s a decent approach to figure out what your number is: Decide how big you want the bottom of the cake to be and how many diapers you think it will take to make that base, then multiply that number by two.
- Consider how many layers you’d like to have in total after that.
- Dividing the number of diapers in the tier below it by two will give you an estimate of the number of diapers you will need for the following tier in each tier.
A three-tier cake with a bottom layer composed of 32 diapers would require 16 diapers on the middle layer and eight diapers on the top layer, for example.
How to make a diaper cake
- Although they appear complicated, making do-it-yourself diaper cakes is surprisingly simple and can be completed in a few simple steps (and a little bit of patience).
- You most likely already have most of the ingredients you’ll need at home, and you may personalize your diaper cake by adding embellishments of your choosing.
- Watch the video instruction below for a step-by-step breakdown of the process: How to Make a Diaper Cake (with Pictures)
Supplies you’ll need:
- double-sided tape
- rubber bands
- washi tape
- paper towel tubes
- Scotch tape
- Attach a tube to a circular piece of cardboard with masking tape
- 50 diapers should be rolled up and tied together with rubber bands.
- Tie the diapers in a ring around the tube to keep them in place.
- Stack additional rings of diapers on top of the first stack.
- Wrap the ribbon over the string to conceal it.
- Using washi tape, wrap the cardboard around the edge of the table.
- Glue letters on the ribbon with a glue stick
- Decorate the space
Heidi Murkoff’s What to Expect When You’re Expecting is in its fifth edition.
DIAPER CAKE TUTORIAL
- We always have a diaper cake centerpiece at every baby shower we give (scroll down to see more of our cakes)!
- Not only is it artistically appealing, but it’s also the ideal present for a new mother in your life.
- It is our goal to have the tiers and toppers fit the party’s theme, and this one featured above was from Jenni’s hip hop/concert themed baby shower that we gave last weekend…
- I’m working on that post, I swear.
The fact that Jenni had always talked about buying baby Nike Dunks for her son long before she ever had Amara made me know that these little kicks would be the cherry on top of the cake.Because I’ve already made all of the mistakes, I’ve developed a foolproof method for creating a four-tiered magnificent diaper cake!I’ve discovered that TARGET BRAND diapers are the finest!
First and foremost, they are excellent diapers.When Ari was born, I insisted on Pampers swaddlers (after all, they are incredibly soft), but when Max was born, I simply switched to the Target brand, which is just as nice and far less expensive.In terms of aesthetics, they are the greatest option for a diaper cake because they are basic white and neat and flat.Pampers are a little puffier and appear a touch sloppy when placed on a cake.However, it is still functional; scroll down to see earlier diaper cakes.I purchased one little pack of each of the following sizes: infant, size one, and size two.
It’s wonderful to provide diversity for the mother, and it also looks particularly lovely on the cake when the layers are of varying heights, as seen above.One of my secrets to making the right shaped diaper cake is to use an oatmeal can as an insert.Yes, this is how I achieve the wonderful round form, it fills in the centre well, and also helps to keep all of the levels in place and stable.WHAT YOU WILL REQUIRE: 1 Oatmeal Can Rubberbands that are LARGE String (any kind of string will do!) Approximately 75 diapers (see anatomy picture above for size variety) Cake Platter (mine is around 13′′ in diameter) Embellishments for the tiers and the topping Instructions: *Tip: Make sure that each diaper in the same layer is facing the same way as the other diapers.THE FOURTH RANK For the bottom rung, start with the biggest size diaper available.Installing a big rubberband around the container will allow you to begin stuffing diapers into it in layers of around 2-3 inches.
You want to make sure that they are evenly spaced all around.In no time, your rubberband will get overly tight and snap in your face, causing your diapers to fly everywhere and you to remark something that is not proper for a baby shower.You will need to strengthen this layer with a piece of thread at this point.
(See, I told you I’d save you the trouble by making all your mistakes!) Simply tie a loose knot around this layer in a bow so that you may modify the length as you add more diapers to the bundle as needed.During the process of laying out the diapers all the way around, tuck the final diaper underneath the first so that the stack seems seamless and clean.Make a TWO-stranded bow around this layer, one on top and one on bottom of each tier, and tie them together.This helps to preserve the form.Layers will be added to this lowest tier (4th tier) in TWO rounds each.Starting with a thread to hold this layer in place unless you have a giant rubberband, just stack diapers on top of the first round of diapers and repeat the process.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve assumed a rubberband was large enough just to be proven wrong.Tie two lengths of thread around the layer, one at the top and one near the bottom, and leave a long tail at the bottom.At the end, you’ll decorate over them to make them look more appealing.THIRD RANK The diapers are arranged in a single layer all around, which is about 17 diapers in size 1.Tie two lengths of thread around the layer, one at the top and one near the bottom, and leave a long tail at the bottom.TIER 2: IMPORTANT INFORMATION Use the same size diapers and oatmeal can that I did, and you’ll note that there is only around 2-3 inches of room on the oatmeal can for the next tier if you follow my instructions exactly.
- That isn’t going to be strong enough to keep the tier’s neat, round form in place.
- Make a stack of three diapers by folding them in half and w