Look at the directions on the cake mix.
How to make box cake taste like made from scratch?
How to make box cake taste like made from scratch? Start off by mixing together eggs and butter. Then, add cake mix, pudding, milk, vanilla extract and mix until just combined. Pour this batter into 2 greased/floured round cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
How do you make a box cake mix moist?
The best way to make a box cake mix moist is by: Replacing oil with butter Replacing water with milk Adding 1 extra egg Adding pre-made pudding in the batter
What can I add to cake mix to make it better?
Top Up the Tasty Bits The vanilla powder added to your boxed cake mix might be past its prime. Bump up the flavor by adding ½ to 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Making a spice cake? Add a little rum, almond, or orange extract as well. If you’re making a white or yellow cake, add a teaspoon or two of fresh lemon or lime zest, or a bit of juice.
What are the ingredients in a box cake mix?
Usually a box mix has the following ingredients listed on the back that they want you to add. Eggs, water and oil. This is smart on their end because pretty much everyone has these ingredients on hand already. The thing about these ingredients though, they don’t add much to the cake as far as flavor goes.
How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
Step 1: Look at the directions on the cake mix. Step 2: Add one more egg (or add 2 if you want it to be very rich). Step 3: Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount. Step 4: Instead of water, use whole milk.
How do you make a boxed cake taste homemade?
Try adding a few of these tips to your box cake mix taste better!
- Use milk instead of water.
- Add extra eggs.
- Add sugar and flour to the dry mix.
- Use coffee instead of water for chocolate cakes.
- Sour Cream is perfect for adding moisture and rich flavor.
- Pudding adds moisture and flavor.
What can I add to box cake to make it better?
Most box cake recipes call for vegetable or canola oil. The only trouble is, these oils have almost no flavor. Replace the oil with an equal amount of melted butter (and a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter), to boost richness. For an extra decadent cake, add two tablespoons of mayonnaise.
What is a secret ingredient to moisten cakes?
Olive oil in the batter is the secret to a moist, tender cake with lots of character.
What happens if you put more eggs in a cake?
However, if you add too many eggs to your cake batter, then your end result could be spongy, rubbery, or dense. Like flour, eggs build structure in a cake, so they make a cake batter more bonded and dense.
Why is my box cake crumbly but moist?
What causes a cake to be dry and/or crumbly? A. To keep your cake from getting dry or crumbly, use all the eggs called for in the package directions and use large eggs, rather than small ones. If you’re not sure what size eggs you have, measure them: 3 whole large eggs equals 2/3 cup; 3 egg whites equals 1/2 cup.
What does adding pudding to a cake mix do?
Adding pudding to cake mix is always a great way to make your cake – or any baked goods – stay soft. It’s the secret to my Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies, for example. Sour cream also keeps the Doctored Cake Mix moist and lends a little bit of “tang” to the recipe. It’s similar to using buttermilk in a recipe!
Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
Beating the eggs before adding them to the batter is very important. This step is often skipped though because many people think it is a waste of time. They just crack the eggs right into the batter and go about mixing. I want to encourage you though not to skip the step of beating the eggs when a recipe calls for it.
Can I replace water with milk in cake mix?
The average cake mix calls for the most boring of liquids: water. Instead of using water, use a dairy product. Replacing the water with milk will make your cake instantly taste homemade, while using buttermilk will make it taste rich and creamy.
How do you make a box cake more dense?
Add the amount of eggs called for in the recipe but add two extra egg yolks. The extra yolks add the density and moisture you’d find in a bakery cake! Milk: Add MILK, not water, when your box mix calls for liquid. The milk adds density, fat and, most importantly, extra flavor to your mix.
Does adding sour cream to cake mix make it moist?
Adding mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or melted ice cream to boxed cake mix can make the finished product moist and rich. Swapping out ingredients, like oil for butter or milk for water, will take a boxed cake to the next level. Things like coffee, soda, and spices will help to amplify the flavors in a boxed cake.
How do you make a stacked cake more dense?
You can try any of the following: adding a 1 oz. package of pudding (any flavor that complements the cake’s flavor profile), adding 1-2 egg yolks (along with the eggs called for on the box), or substituting milk for the water called for on the box. I hope this is helpful to you. Happy baking!
Does oil make a cake more moist?
Vegetable oil contributes moistness far more reliably, a result of the fact that oil remains liquid at room temperature while butter solidifies. Liquid contributes to the sensation of moistness, and therefore cakes made with oil often present as moister than their butter-based counterparts.
What does adding sour cream do to a cake?
Sour cream adds moisture without thinning your batter the same way that a liquid would. That fact that sour cream delivers moisture without further thinning out a batter results in a cake with a very tender, very fine crumb.
How do you fix a boxed cake?
- The only directions to note are that whatever the back of the box directs you to use, you have to:
- Add an additional egg.
- Replace the water with milk, same amounts.
- Replace the oil with melted butter. DOUBLE the amount.
- Cook with the same directions that are printed on the box.
How to make boxed cake mix better?
How to make a box carrot cake extra moist?
How to make box cake better?
How to Make Box Cake Better (Taste Homemade)
CakeWhiz published an article on October 15, 2017 — This post may contain affiliate links.Please take the time to read my disclosure policy.Make use of these ideas and tactics to discover how to make box cake better and how to make box cake taste more like homemade desserts.These basic ingredients give the finest moist cake!It has been a few months since I have had several requests for a recipe on how to make box cake better and how to make box cake taste more like homemade cake.Seriously, after 28 attempts including a variety of brands, tastes, and the addition and substitution of components, I am now thrilled to share the BEST doctored yellow cake mix recipe with you!
- Your first thought might be to wonder why someone would bother making a cake from scratch rather than buying one already made.
- It is understandable if you are concerned about the possibility of cooking cakes from scratch all of the time.
- Maybe you are out of flour, sugar e.t.c OR you are simply too weary to create a cake from scratch.
This EASY cake made from a box cake mix is perfect for those kinds of days!
TIPS on how to make box cake better and taste like homemade cake
- If you are preparing a chocolate cake, chocolate pudding should be used.
- If you’re baking a vanilla cake, butterscotch pudding will work best.
- Use the highest-grade extract you can locate because the quality of your cake is only as excellent as the quality of the components used.
- Extracts are not my favorite, but emulsion oils are. They are quite pricy but they perform better since they DON’T evaporate during baking and the flavor and smell is richer
- Keep the Pillsbury brand on your shelf! I’ve tried several different brands, and Pillsbury is the best. Also, DON’T use cake mixes which already include pudding. Purchase the most SIMPLE Pillsbury cake mix that you can find.
- Instead of oil, use UNSALTED butter to make a frying pan. You’ll get a better flavor and a higher fat content in your cake, which is always a good thing.
- Most cake mixes require 2 or 3 eggs. Ignore this and replace it with four large eggs.
- Check to see that your eggs are FRESH. Your cakes may occasionally have an off-putting fragrance due to the aged eggs.
- The majority of cake mixes call for water. Ignore it because it adds absolutely nothing to the flavor of your cake. Instead, use the WHOLE gallon of milk. Use regular milk instead of fat-free soy or almond milk. That means it has to be WHOLE MILK.
- Put one container of pudding (1 container of pre-made snack pack puddings) into the cake mixture before baking. It adds so much flavor, fat content and MOISTURE to your cake
- DO NOT USE HOMEMADE PUDDING since it will not produce satisfactory results
- It is strongly recommended that you do the following in order to make the cake SUPER MOIST: Allow the cake to cool and come to room temperature
- Remove the cake from the pan using a spatula. Afterwards, wrap it many times in saran wrap and set it in the freezer overnight. This locks in all the moisture. Allow your cake to come to room temperature before frosting it the next day.
- DO NOT over-mix the cake batter because this will result in a cake that is too tough.
- DON’T over-bake the cake or bake at a higher temperature since that will make your cake dry
- Vanilla Spice Cake: Use a vanilla or yellow cake mix and follow the directions below to make this cake with cinnamon and spices. However, you may also use 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder, and 1/2 teaspoon allspice powder in the cake mixture
- this is optional.
- Lemon cake: Prepare a vanilla or yellow cake mix according to the directions in the recipe below. In addition, 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon essence or lemon scented emulsion oil should be added.
- Orange cake: Prepare a vanilla or yellow cake mix according to the directions in the recipe below. Additionally, 1 tablespoon orange zest, 2 tablespoons orange marmalade, and 1 tablespoon orange essence or orange flavored emulsion oil can be added.
- Chocolate orange cake: Prepare a chocolate cake mix according to the directions in the recipe below. Also add 1 tbsp orange zest, 1 tbsp orange essence or orange flavored emulsion oil
- Spicy chocolate cake: Prepare a chocolate cake mix according to the directions in the recipe below. In addition, 1 tablespoon chili powder and 1/2 tablespoon paprika should be added. You can use more or less depending on your preferences.
- Make a better box red velvet cake by using a red velvet cake mix and following the instructions below, but substituting buttermilk in place of the whole milk. Aside from that, you can always add some chopped nuts or dried fruits (cranberries, raisins, dried apricots, dried pineapples, dried mangoes) or even chocolate chips to your cake mix. You can also make a chocolate cake using 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons sour cream
- At the very end, fold in 1/2 cup of your favorite mix-ins into the cake batter. Bake for 30 minutes. Read this page for some helpful hints on how to keep chocolate chips from sinking. This useful trick applies to nuts, dried fruits and chocolate chips
Some FROSTING recipes you can try with this cake
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- \s Cooked Flour Buttercream (Ermine Frosting)
- \s Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- \s Best Cream Cheese Frosting
- \s White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- \s American Buttercream Frosting
- \s Seven Minute Frosting
Additional inspiration can be found in some of my other Frosting & Filling recipes from my blog archives.
How to make a box cake taste homemade? How to make box cake taste like made from scratch?
Start out by whisking together eggs and butter. Then, add cake mix, pudding, milk, vanilla extract and mix until just blended. Pour this batter into 2 greased/floured round cake pans. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely before icing it with frosting. Enjoy!
How to make box cake mix better for cupcakes?
If you don’t want to create a cake, you may make 24 cupcakes with the recipe provided below. All of the ingredients (eggs, butter, cake mix, pudding, milk, vanilla extract) should be mixed together before baking for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. ***
How to make a moist cake? How to make a box cake moist and fluffy?
- Replace the oil with butter
- replace the water with milk
- add 1 additional egg
- fold in pre-made pudding into the batter
- this is the most effective method for making a box cake mix moist and delicious.
How do you add pudding to cake mix?
Never use the quick powder unless absolutely necessary. Use the pre-made puddings and just add it into the cake mix mixture.
Can you add sour cream to cake mix?
In this recipe, you may substitute 1/4 cup sour cream for the pudding, if you want.
How to make a box cake taste like a wedding cake?
Though the majority of people want their wedding cakes to be made from scratch, I have heard of several successful cake designers who employ doctored cake mixes, and their brides prefer the flavor of these mixes over the traditional ″cake from scratch recipe.″ Follow the instructions in the recipe below to create a cake that is perfectly moist and fluffy.It’s also a fantastic tool for cake decoration.Today’s doctored-up chocolate cake, which is similar to homemade cake or commercial cake, is coated with homemade chocolate frosting and crushed candy canes, and it is finished off with a CUTE candy cane heart as a garnish.Valentine’s Day cake that is both delicious and romantic…Right?Additionally, I believe it would be wonderful to serve throughout the holiday season, particularly at Christmas parties.
- Well, that’s it for today!
- I hope you like my box cake mix hacks and suggestions on ″how to make box cake taste better and taste like it was cooked from scratch.″
Other box cake mix recipes
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Candy Cane Shards Cake
- Cake Mix Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Easy Cake Mix Gingerbread Cookies
- Easy Galaxy Cake
- Easy Apple Cake Recipe with Cake Mix
- Cake Mix Brownies
- Easy Apple Cake Recipe with Cake Mix
How to Make Box Cake Better (Taste Homemade)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Preparation time: 40 minutes 15 minutes are allotted for decorating. Time allotted: 1 hour and 5 minutes Make use of these ideas and tactics to discover how to make box cake better and how to make box cake taste more like homemade desserts. The greatest moist cake may be made with just a few basic ingredients! 9 slices are obtained from this recipe. 1 box Pillsbury chocolate cake mix or 1 box Pillsbury vanilla/yellow cake mix, whichever you prefer. Purchase the package without the pudding
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 12 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 container Snack Pack Pudding, 3.25 ounces
- In a large mixing basin, whisk together the butter and eggs.
- Add the cake mix powder, pudding, milk, vanilla extract and mix until just blended. Don’t over-mix
- Pour the batter into two 8×2 round cake pans that have been oiled and dusted. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the middle comes out clean
- \sThis step is optional but it makes the cake SUPER MOIST! I highly suggest it. Let this cake cool down and come to room temperature. Remove the cake from your pan. Afterwards, wrap it many times in saran wrap and set it in the freezer overnight. This locks in all the moisture. The next day, let your cake come to room temperature and then cover it in chocolate frosting! Enjoy
- Read over all of my remarks and suggestions above.
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days if they are placed in an airtight container.
The following are the nutritional values: 344kcal, 36g carbohydrate (including sugar), 6g protein (including sugar), 20g fat (including saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 221 mg potassium, 1 g fiber (including sugar), 20g sugar, 465IU vitamin A, calcium: 117mg, iron: 2.5mg Cake and dessert are on the menu.American cuisine is served.Calories in a serving: 344 Let us wait till next time, tata my sweethearts!cakewhiz / 78 comments on October 15, 2017 by cakewhiz
7 Ways to Make a Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade
The ease of a box mix cake is difficult to argue with, especially when you’re short on time and/or lack cake-baking experience. Nonetheless, if you want your dish to taste authentically homemade, consider one or more of these simple modifications. When you’re through, simply put the box away. We’re not going to tell.
1. Add More Eggs
To make a cake that is even more rich and moist, add two additional egg yolks to the mix along with the eggs called for in the recipe (save the egg whites to make these delicious meringues).When making cake, just use egg whites (save the yolks for crème brûlée) to make it lighter and more airy in texture.Remember that removing the yolks reduces the amount of fat in the cake; therefore, 1 tablespoon melted butter should be substituted for every yolk removed.
2. Walk Away from Water
What does water taste like?It tastes like water.Make a substitution for it with another drink, ideally one with taste and fat in it.Whole milk or your preferred non-dairy milk can be substituted (almond and coconut milk work especially well).Because the milk contains fat, your cake will have a superior flavor and solidity as a consequence.Do you want to make your dessert even more decadent?
- If you substitute buttermilk for the milk, you’ll have something truly spectacular on your hands.
- To compensate for the thickening effect of buttermilk, add a few more teaspoons than the recipe asks for.
- Consider experimenting with non-dairy drinks other than water: Try substituting soda (colas are the best), juice (orange is delicious with vanilla and yellow cake), or even a strong beer in place of the regular water (for chocolate cake).
3. More Fat, More Flavor
Vegetable or canola oil is used in the majority of box cake recipes.The main drawback is that these oils have virtually no taste at all.To increase the richness of the dish, replace the oil with an equal quantity of melted butter (and a sprinkle of salt if using unsalted butter).Two teaspoons of mayonnaise can be used to make a cake that is even more delicious.Do you think that’s insane?Keep in mind that mayonnaise is just eggs and oil – two ingredients that are already present in your cake!
- Add up to 14 cup sour cream or full-fat yogurt to give the dish a tangy edge.
- There was a snag in the system.
- An error has happened, and your entry has not been submitted as a result of it.
Please try your search again.
4. Amp Up the Chocolate
Using hot water instead of tap water to make a boxed chocolate cake mix will enhance the flavor.The hot water aids in the ″blooming″ of the chocolate (just like adding hot water to coffee grounds).Continuing the theme of coffee, consider substituting strong brewed coffee for hot water while baking your cake mix this holiday season.Coffee and chocolate are a marriage made in heaven, and the combination will bring out the best in the chocolate taste.
5. Top Up the Tasty Bits
It’s possible that the vanilla powder you used in your boxed cake mix was over its expiration date.Add 12 to 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence to the mixture to make it more flavorful.Are you baking a spice cake?Add a splash of rum, almond extract, or orange extract for added flavor.If you’re baking a white or yellow cake, a teaspoon or two of fresh lemon or lime zest, as well as a few drops of lemon or lime juice, can enhance the flavor.And don’t forget about all of the ingredients you have in your pantry that you may use to make cookies, brownies, or other types of cakes.
- To make your cake even more spectacular, add a handful of chocolate chips, almonds, or dried fruit on top before baking.
6. Love Up the Layers
Immediately after baking and cooling your cake, slice it in half or thirds and decorate the layers with something unique.In order to add more moisture and flavor to the layers, you can brush them with simple syrup, jam or marmalade, or even a splash of your favorite alcoholic beverage (like coffee-flavored liqueur for tiramisu cake or a bit of rum for a spiced orange cake).Of course, those additional layers are ideal for slathering on even more frosting and icing (which results in a better frosting-per-bite ratio).Keep in mind that additional delectable layering components such as chocolate ganache, buttercream, fresh seasonal fruit, flavored whipped cream, and lemon curd can be used as well.
7. Poke Around
One further method of infusing your cake with flavor is to poke holes in the cake and then pour an infusing liquid over the top, allowing it to soak into the holes. This video tutorial for Coconut Poke Cake demonstrates how to make it: More Information about Baking Cakes
How to make box mix taste homemade in 5 easy steps
This is how to make box mix taste handmade.You guys know, no one loves a cake cooked from scratch more than I do!But, every now and again, I simply have to get out the box mix.Most of the time, I use it for red velvet cake or chocolate cake when I want a good flavor but don’t have the time to make it myself.Or maybe I don’t have all the items on hand that I need.That occurs rather frequently.
- That exquisite flavor, though, is still on my mind!
- I don’t really appreciate the “chemical” taste that may come from a straight up box so here are some recommendations on how to make box mix taste homemade.
Don’t be afraid of the box mix
There is a never-ending discussion about which is better: baking from a box mix or baking from scratch.There will be a slew of folks who will engage in a bloody death struggle over this one.To be honest, who cares?It is entirely up to you whether or not to use box mix.Yes, it’s a shortcut, but it’s also occasionally the most advantageous.Lots of expert cake decorators out there utilize box mixes that have been doctored in order to create their masterpieces.
- You get consistent outcomes, and it’s a simple approach to vary them up.
- The only thing I would recommend is that you are completely honest with your consumers.
- In certain locations, it is unlikely that anybody would object if you baked a cake from a box rather than from scratch.
However, in my hometown (Portland), people are incredibly careful about what they put into their bodies (Portlandia is a real thing, y’all).Clients will really contact me via email to ensure that I make everything from scratch.So I will make certain to include that information on my website so that there is no confusion.
If you’re using a doctored box mix, you don’t have to state anything about it in such detail.You can simply state that the product is ″baked fresh daily,″ and if you have a specific question about baking from scratch, just be upfront and honest about it.Interested in learning more about baking from scratch?Check out my tried and true cake recipes on Sugar Geek Show for more information.
Tip1 on how to make box mix taste homemade
Begin with the greatest box mix that you can find.Duncan Hines is a brand that I personally enjoy.The cost is a touch higher than the ultra low-cost box mix, but I feel you get what you pay for in this case.Not to add that Duncan Hines is frequently on sale, so stock up on your favorite varieties and enjoy all of the odd stares you’ll receive at the checkout counter.Vanilla, Red Velvet, Triple Chocolate, White Cake (for making WASC), and Strawberry are some of my favorite Duncan Hines box mix flavors.When I can’t find Duncan Hines strawberry, I’ll make a Betty Crocker strawberry instead.
- These are all dishes that require a significant amount of effort to prepare from scratch, yet these are the tastes that my clientele consistently want.
- Make sure to check out my Chocolate WASC Dish for a chocolate variant of this recipe.
Tip2 on how to make box mix taste homemade
- Typically, the components for a box mix are mentioned on the back of the box, and these are the ones that they want you to use. Eggs, water, and olive oil are the main ingredients. This is a wise move on their part because almost everyone already has these ingredients on hand. The problem about these components though, they don’t add much to the cake as far as flavor goes. To provide extra flavor and moisture, milk can be used for water. If you’re creating red velvet, you may substitute buttermilk for the cream.
- Replace the oil with melted butter to add more flavor and handmade texture to your baked goods
- for chocolate cakes, consider using cold coffee for the water. The flavor of the chocolate is enhanced by the coffee! Find out how to make the recipe WASC for chocolate
Tip3 on how to make box mix taste homemade
You may have heard about WASC (white almond sour cream cake) and been curious as to what it was all about. It’s pretty much the finest doctored box mix recipe that has ever existed. This cake’s flavor, texture, and appearance are all out of this world. It’s no surprise that it’s the go-to recipe for so many bakers when they’re looking for the ultimate white cake. How to Prepare for WASC
- Prepare one box of Duncan Hines white mix as a starting point.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup water or milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Place all of your ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) and mix on low speed until everything is moistened, about 1 minute.Then increase the speed to medium and continue mixing for another 2 minutes to create the texture and structure of the cake.Pour the batter into the pans that have been prepared.I prefer to use a homemade pan release (cake goop) (cake goop).Homemade pan release is the most effective there is!Bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out from the middle cleanly.
- Let cool fully before decorating.
- For additional advice on decorating your first cake, check out my free course on how to bake your first cake.
Tip4 on how to make box mix taste homemade
- Making buttercream from scratch is a must. I realize this appears to be counter-intuitive, but we’re attempting to make things as simple as possible. Perhaps you’ve never attempted to make homemade buttercream before and are feeling intimidated. Please allow me to put your mind at rest. My basic buttercream recipe is so straightforward that it might almost be considered cheating. Simply combine all of your ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whip until light and fluffy. Then, using the paddle attachment, mix on low for 10 minutes to get rid of any bubbles that may have formed. And there you have it: the ideal effortless buttercream icing. Furthermore, it is far superior than the frosting that comes in a can. What exactly is this? Other excellent frosting options include: stable cream cheese frosting
- stabilized whipped cream (which is appropriate for one-tier cakes without fondant)
- chocolate ganache
- American buttercream
- and chocolate ganache with whipped cream.
Tip5 on how to make box mix taste homemade
- Making buttercream from scratch is highly recommended. Since we’re attempting to make things as simple as possible, I realize this is counter-intuitive. Perhaps you’ve never attempted to make homemade buttercream before and are terrified by the prospect. Allow me to set your concerns at ease. This buttercream recipe is so easy to make that it might almost be considered a cheating technique. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whip until light and fluffy, as directed on the packaging. Next, with the paddle attachment, mix on low for 10 minutes to remove any bubbles that may have accumulated. And there you have it: the perfect buttercream frosting made in minutes! Furthermore, it is far superior than the frosting that comes in a tube. Even more importantly, what exactly is it? The following are some more excellent frosting options: stable cream cheese frosting
- stabilized whipped cream (which is ideal for one-tier cakes without fondant)
- chocolate ganache
- American buttercream
- whipped cream cheese icing
Doctored Box Cake Recipe (WASC)
A doctored cake mix that is widely used by bakers all over the globe to generate a delectable white cake that almost tastes like it was made from scratch.This recipe creates three 6″x2″ cake rounds or two 8″x2″ cake rounds depending on your preference.Never Miss A Cake With This Print Rate Preparation time: 10 minutes Preparation time: 30 minutes Time allotted: 40 minutes This recipe makes 24 servings.Calories: 747 kilocalories
- 2 boxes of white cake mix (one box total) 5 oz(142 g) all-purpose flour 1 cup (spooned into cup, not scooped)
- 7 oz(198 g) granulated sugar 1 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 oz(255 g) sour cream 1 cup room temperature
- 4 oz(113 g) melted butter 1/2 cup
- 8 oz(227 g) milk 1 cup room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) almond extract
- 5 oz(142 g
WASC CAKE INSTRUCTIONS
The directions for making this cake are quite simple. In a nutshell, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend on medium speed for 2 minutes! Voila! The cake batter has been prepared. Prepare two 8-inch baking pans by spraying with cooking spray and baking at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Don’t be concerned about any of the ingredients mentioned on the back of the box; simply follow the recipe’s instructions and utilize the components specified.This recipe yields enough batter for three 6″x2″ cakes or two 8″x2″ cakes (depending on your preference) (round).There are 40 cupcakes in this recipe, with approximately 1.25 ounces of batter per cupcake pan.If preferred, you can use three whole eggs for the four egg whites.
Serving size: 1g | Calories: 747kcal (37%), Carbohydrates: 120g (40%), Protein: 8g (16%), Fat: 26g (40%), Saturated Fat: 15g (75%), Cholesterol: 60mg (20%), Sodium: 895mg (37%), Potassium: 162mg (5%) | Fiber: 1g (4%) | Sugar: 70g (78%), Vitamin A: 710IU (14%), Vitamin C: 0.3m (15 percent )
How To Make Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade – Simply Southern Mom
Any family reunion or get-together in the South would not be complete without a cake or two.Seriously.My mother-in-law once arranged an unexpected meal for the entire family on short notice.When I inquired whether I needed to fetch a dessert from the grocery, she answered, “I’ll use the coconut cake I have saved in the freezer.” The fact that someone had a whole cake professionally wrapped and frozen in case of an emergency startled even me, who is a self-proclaimed food planner extraordinaire.And, don’t get me started on how my family is huge on handmade treats.I enjoy the flavor, but I don’t always have the time to stop what I’m doing and make a cake from the ground up.
- Then, a buddy shared the “secret” of How To Make Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade.
- I took the fundamental concept and went with it, playing with different add-ins and other components.
- People frequently ask me for the recipe, thinking it to be hard, and are surprised when I tell them that it all starts with a boxed mix from the supermarket.
Try these techniques and see if you agree.It’s the perfect formula for days when you need a dessert in a hurry and there’s no cake packed in your freezer.
How To Make A Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade
This ″homemade hack″ is also suitable for use with gluten-free cake mixes.A friend volunteered to prepare a gluten-free cake for Critter’s third birthday celebration as a part of her gift for the occasion.Because it was so juicy and wonderful, I inquired as to whether she had cooked it from scratch.’No,’ she clarified, ″it just tastes like it.’ That’s when she decided to reveal her identity.
What’s the Secret to Making Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade?
- It’s a straightforward process. Most boxed cake mixes call for the addition of oil, eggs, and water in addition to the other ingredients. In order to make the cake moist, it is necessary to substitute such elements with something else. Instead, here’s everything you’ll need to replace it. The vegetable oil should be replaced with an equivalent amount of melted butter. Don’t use margarine in this recipe. It is not going to work and will cause the cake to spread. You can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Whole milk can be used for the water in the original recipe.
- Note: I frequently use 2 percent, but whole milk adds a lot more flavor.
- Add one more egg to the total number of eggs specified on the box.
Additional Add-ins to the Basic Mix:
- Simple, to say the least. In order to make most boxed cake mixes, you’ll need to add oil, eggs, and water to the mix. In order to make the cake moist, it is necessary to substitute part of the dry components. As an alternative, this is everything you’ll need: You may use equal amounts of melted butter for the vegetable oil in this recipe. No margarine is to be used! Because it will not work, the cake will become a puddle. You may use either salted or unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Whole milk can be used for the water in this recipe..
- For the record, I usually use 2 percent, although whole milk is more tasty.
- One more egg should be added to the total number of eggs specified on the box.
Once you’ve mixed the cake, prepare it as suggested on the package. That’s all there is to it! You’ve created a rich, delectable cake that people will mistake for being homemade.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray and sprinkle a little quantity of flour into the pan before baking to help prevent the cake from adhering to the pan during baking. If you like, you may coat the pan with butter or shortening instead of oil.
- Allow for 10 to 15 minutes of cooling time before removing the cake from the pan.
- Allowing the cake to cool fully before applying the icing is recommended.
- When baking this cake, you may use whatever flavor of cake mix that you like most.
- You may substitute any flavor of extract or flavoring for the vanilla in the cake if you want.
- Keep the oven door closed as much as possible during baking the cake to avoid the cake from “falling.” A knife put into the middle of the cake comes out ″clean,″ indicating that the cake is done. In other words, there should be no evidence of batter or an overabundance of sticky crumbs on the knife.
- A variation of this recipe can be used to make almost any flavor of cake you can think of. Consider experimenting with some of these variations. You can use any of the options listed below to get started. To make the coconut, combine 1 cup toasted coconut and 1 teaspoon coconut essence in a mixing bowl. Alternately, you may use an equivalent quantity of coconut milk or coconut cream instead of the water specified in the recipe.
- Pour in 1/2 to 1 cup of creamy peanut butter into the basic batter and stir until well incorporated. To make the cake peanut butter chocolate, you may either add 1 cup of milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips, or you can add 1 cup of peanut butter chips.
- Butterscotch: To make butterscotch pudding, use 1 box instant butterscotch pudding and 1 cup butterscotch chips.
- Butter Pecan: Prepare a butter pecan cake mix according to package directions, adding 1 cup toasted pecans.
- The Double Chocolate recipe calls for one packet of chocolate cake mix and one cup of chocolate chips, which can be any variety of milk, dark, or semi-sweet. 1 cup of toffee chips may be substituted for the chocolate chips to make it a chocolate toffee cake.
How To Make Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade
Servingsservings Minutes spent preparing Cooking timeminutes Calorieskcal
- 1.15 ounces (15.25 ounces) packaged cake mix in the flavor of your choosing
- Half-cup melted butter
- one-cup whole milk
- four softly beaten eggs
- Optional: 1 (3.5-ounce) container pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5-ounce) packet pudding mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Combine the cake mix, melted butter, milk, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Using a mixer, blend the ingredients until they are well-combined.
- Combine the pudding mix and vanilla extract, if using, in a large mixing bowl. Stir until everything is well-combined.
- Cooking spray should be sprayed into a 9-cup Bundt pan, two 8-ounce round pans, or one 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Flour the pan(s) that you’ll be baking in. Preparing the cake for baking takes the length of time specified on the package. When a knife plunged into the middle of the cake comes out clean, the cake is done.
I hope this simple tip for making a boxed cake mix taste like it was baked from scratch makes your life a little simpler. It surely has my attention! Are there any techniques you use to ″dress up″ a boxed cake mix that you enjoy? Are there any ideas you have for enhancing the flavor of a boxed mix?
5 easy ways to make boxed cake mix taste homemade
For my son’s very first birthday, I was determined to prepare his birthday cake.Determined, but…extremely busy.Lacking a whole afternoon to dedicate to baking, as well as the culinary prowess a from-scratch cake would take, I realized I’d be reverting to boxed mix.However, I wanted my cake to be a little more upscale because my son, Julian, has a more sophisticated taste in desserts.(I’m joking, of course.
- He eats plain yogurt for almost every meal of the day.) Trying to make the cake more visually appealing, I purchased tiny circular pans and cake coverings to keep the layers from dripping down the sides.
- (It actually worked!
- This is a fantastic invention.) What about the flavor, though?
As fate would have it, there are several simple methods for making boxed cake mix taste like it came from a high-end bakery.Even better, most of them are really simple, using just ingredients you most likely already have in your home.
1. Add an extra egg
Adding an additional egg to a boxed cake recipe is a tried-and-true method for increasing the moisture and density of a cake. When most box recipes ask for three eggs, Ed Anderson recommends using four. You will be pleasantly pleased.
2. Swap milk for water
If the recipe calls for a cup of water, try a cup of milk instead.I used whole milk, but any milk, even non-dairy ones, should work just fine.This increases the amount of fat and taste in the mixture, resulting in a more tasty cake.Pro tip: Experiment with different amounts of milk and an extra egg.I did this for my son’s actual birthday cake, which turned out to be perhaps the moistest cake I’ve ever eaten.TODAY Illustration By Erica Chayes Wida I’ve always found boxed cakes to be quite light and fluffy (which isn’t a bad thing), but this was a whole different experience.
- It was a substantial cake in every sense of the term.
- Furthermore, due of the additional moisture, it was just as wonderful even a few days later.
3. Or try coffee … or soda!
Consider using something different to flavor your water instead than plain water.In my research, I came across a number of advice to use water for coffee, particularly when baking chocolate cakes, in order to get a richer, deeper chocolate taste.For example, if a recipe asks for 1 cup of water, you may substitute 1 cup of hot coffee instead.I tried this, and in practice, it made the batter smell pretty wonderful, however I couldn’t really notice the difference until the cake was baked.It’s possible that my taste sensibilities aren’t particularly refined, but it just tasted like chocolate cake to me.The only person who claims to have been awake all night after eating a slice of pizza is my mother-in-law.
- Jocelyn Delk Adams One fun perk of adding coffee to a recipe is that you can technically call your chocolate cake a mocha cake, which at least sounds fancier.
- Not into the coffee-chocolate combo?
- If you’re baking a yellow cake, the Pioneer Woman recommends using ginger ale instead of water to give it more flavor, while Jocelyn Delk Adams of Grandbaby Cake suggests using lemon-lime soda.
4. Add mayonnaise
This may seem strange at first, but consider this: mayonnaise is mostly composed of egg yolks and oil, both of which are already present in the cake!In this case, the idea is that the mayonnaise will give moisture to the cake, which we’ve previously established is a very positive thing when it comes to baked goods.My yellow cake recipe turned out fantastic after I added a couple of big spoonfuls of this mixture.Is it any better than usual?Maybe a smidgeon of it.Although the difference was not particularly visible, I would still consider it to have been beneficial.
- Are you out of mayonnaise?
- For a similar effect, try mixing in a little amount of sour cream or Greek yogurt into a cake batter.
5. Add a box of instant pudding
Add a package of instant pudding — the powder alone; do not prepare the pudding first — to round off the meal.I was doubtful at first since all of the other cake-making suggestions I had read focused on increasing the moisture content of a cake.It seems to me that adding a box of dry mix to another box of dry mix and without increasing any quantity of liquid would only lead to a very dry cake.That, however, was not the case in this case.But the cake I prepared using this approach was amazing — spongy and moist without being excessively so.I won’t attempt to explain the physics behind it.
- If you’re not a fan of chocolate pudding or devil’s food cake, feel free to experiment with other tastes (butterscotch pudding and vanilla cake seem particularly delicious to me!) Whatever method you use, it’s rather simple to improve the flavor of a boxed cake – and the best thing is that the majority of these suggestions are completely flawless.
- Have a great time experimenting!
- Rheana Murray is a senior lifestyle correspondent for NBC News’ TODAY Digital, where she works as part of the TODAY Show.
She writes on a variety of topics, including health & wellness, motherhood, style, news, and more.
11 Ways to Make Boxed Cakes Taste Homemade
There’s nothing wrong with using a boxed mix—but here’s how to make it taste like you didn’t use a boxed mix.Everyone would be able to simply whip up magnificent cakes from scratch whenever a birthday, company party, or bake sale came knocking on their door.In fact, most of us don’t have that type of time on our hands.When time is limited and a fresh-from-the-oven cake is required as soon as possible, it is not considered a sin to use a boxed cake mix instead.Using a pre-portioned cake mix, on the other hand, should not imply compromising for a cake with inferior flavor or texture.In just minutes, you can transform a $3 cake mix into a surprisingly elegant, bakery-worthy confection by swapping out a few crucial components and tweaking your recipe just a little bit.
- Take advantage of these easy suggestions so that you may have your (boxed) cake and eat it too.
- Get Rid of the Water Although the bulk of boxed mix recipes rely on water as the primary wet component, this will do absolutely nothing flavor-wise for your baked dish.
- When making this recipe again, omit the water entirely and substitute full milk instead.
Your cake’s flavor will immediately enhance as a result of this addition, which is rather inexpensive.You may also use different milks, such as almond or oat, or go all out with the taste by substituting buttermilk for the regular milk.Butter is preferable.
When it comes to the source of the fat in the cake mix, the directions are likewise off the mark.Instead of using the vegetable oil recommended for on the box, use an equivalent amount of melted butter in its place instead.This will quickly give your cake a fuller flavor, as opposed to the nearly flavorless oil that was previously used.Increase the number of eggs in your basket.Eggs improve both the flavor and the texture of a cake, so increasing the number of eggs in your recipe is a simple method to improve both.If the recipe calls for two eggs, use three or four instead of the specified number.
Also available are simply more yolks, which will result in a deeper taste, or only additional whites, which will result in a lighter, fluffier texture, depending on your preference.Coffee should be substituted.Substitute the water provided for on the cake box with strong, freshly brewed coffee.This method works best for chocolate cakes since it will not affect the color of the cake but will help to bring out the rich cocoa flavors more prominently in the finished product.Aside from soda and stout beer, other non-traditional liquids that will enhance the flavor and texture of your cake include orange juice and even orange juice concentrate.Increase the amount of vanilla you use.
Whether it’s the white mix, the yellow mix, or just about any other kind, the vanilla flavor isn’t always the most appealing.Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of excellent vanilla essence to your boxed cake to bring out the taste even more.Another simple approach to rapidly boost the flavor of any cake is to sprinkle a pinch of salt on top before baking.This will help to balance out the sweetness of the cake.Add a Dollop of Sour Cream The addition of 12 cup sour cream to your cake mix will give it a deeper flavor while also increasing the moistness of the cake in one simple step.Don’t be concerned, the sour flavor will be completely eliminated from the cake.
In order to get a comparable result, use the same amount of full-fat plain yogurt.Bring out the Instant Pudding and enjoy!Add a small box of instant pudding mix to a cake batter to instantly improve the flavor and moisture of the cake.Simply blend the pudding mix with your dry cake mix before adding in your wet ingredients to finish baking.
Try adding chocolate pudding mix to a chocolate cake, vanilla pudding to just about any form of cake, or lemon pudding to a baked product to give it a hint of citrus flavor.Make Some Mayonnaise and See What Happens Adding a few of tablespoons of mayonnaise to your cake may seem counterintuitive to some, but it will give your cake a richer flavour and a smoother texture than it would be without it.Despite the fact that this condiment, which is made primarily of egg yolk and oil, will not alter the chemistry of your batter, it will enhance its flavor tremendously.Make Your Cake Spectacular Just because you’re using a boxed cake mix doesn’t mean your cake has to be boring and uninteresting.
You may transform a standard chocolate or yellow cake mix into a unique masterpiece by adding dried fruits, nuts, chocolate, and spices of your choosing.The addition of lemon zest, orange or almond essence, and rum are all excellent additions.Make Your Frosting From Scratch Using This Recipe The most effective way to make your boxed cake taste like it was made from scratch is to forego the canned frosting and make your own from scratch (see below).Even if you make no additional changes to the cake mix components, this technique will deceive your dinner guests into thinking the cake is homemade.To make vanilla buttercream frosting, mascarpone frosting, or cream cheese frosting that will work with almost any flavor of boxed mix, follow these simple recipes.
- Make Use of the Layers to Your Advantage Despite the fact that this process will necessitate additional time and work, the results will be well worth it.
- After the boxed cake has been allowed to cool, slice it into two or three layers and use your imagination to come up with fillings and layers.
- In order to add moisture and sweetness to your layers, it’s always a good idea to brush them with simple syrup.
- However, other coatings, such as sweet liqueur and jam, can achieve a similar effect as well.
- Fill in the gaps between the layers with sliced fruit, ganache, lemon curd, icing, and so on, and finish it off with your own handmade frosting.
6 Ways to Make Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade
Baking is something I like doing.My mum taught me that there’s few things better than cooked from scratch goodies.However, there are situations when this is simply not feasible.In situations where time is limited, supplies are unavailable, or I need to pop something into the oven fast, a boxed cake mix can come to my rescue.But how can you make a boxed cake mix taste like it came from a bakery?The following are some recommendations I’ve gleaned over the years to make it taste a little more homemade while also adding a little something more to it.
- This post includes affiliate links for your convenience.
5 Ways to Make Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade
Add extra eggs
If you like a moist and thick cake, you can increase the number of eggs used from the box directions. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the texture and flavor! If you like a cake with a little lighter texture, use the same number of eggs that the carton asks for, but substitute one additional egg white for the yolk.
Swap out the water
You obviously need a liquid to help combine all the dry ingredients, but if you substitute out the water for milk, you’ll be adding not just hydration, but a bit additional fat.This will result in a fuller taste.Another interesting switch is to use coke instead of water.In the case of a strawberry cake, for example, you might just use strawberry soda as the liquid.While soda won’t add fat to the mix, it will offer a lighter texture and will heighten the taste.If making a chocolate cake, consider adding cooled coffee (decaf is good) for the liquid, or just use half water and half coffee.
- The flavor of the chocolate will be dramatically enhanced by the addition of coffee.
- It is very good!
Swap out the oil
Alternatively, if your box mix specifies for the use of oil, substitute warmed and cooled butter for the oil. Once again, this will boost the fat content and taste of the cake, resulting in a somewhat denser cake crumb texture and crumb. Delicious!
Add instant pudding to the mix
Simply by adding one or two flavored instant pudding packets to the batter, you may elevate a standard white or vanilla cake mix to an entirely new level of taste and sophistication.By using instant pudding, you can ensure that your cake stays soft and moist.Do you want to make a pistachio cake?Pour in the instant pudding with a pistachio flavoring.Do you want a slice of lemon cake?Prepare instant pudding with lemon flavoring.
- Try mixing in a cheesecake-flavored instant pudding packet to a boxed carrot cake mix for a unique twist on the classic recipe.
- Just make sure you’re using a complementary flavor when you’re mixing up your boxed cake batter.
- Adding instant vanilla pudding to practically any boxed cake mix is a surefire way to ensure success, so keep that in mind.
Intensify the flavor with add ins
- To make a boxed cake mix more unique, tasty, and appealing to the eye, delicious ingredients may be added to make it more noticeable. Chocolate chips of any sort are a personal favorite of mine. Chocolate, white, or strawberry cake mixes can all benefit from the addition of conventional chocolate chips. Mint chips from the Andes, available in white or chocolate. White chocolate chips may be used in any cake mix, whether it’s chocolate, white, strawberry, or any other flavor. The amount I generally use is at least a quarter cup, and I actually add them in after I’ve poured the batter into the baking pans. I add them to the batter and carefully push them into the batter just enough to hold them in place. Gravity will take care of the rest. You don’t want them to sink to the bottom of the pan
- instead, you want them to remain floating in the batter as it cooks. This is also something I do with the heavier add-ins to make sure they don’t sink. Here are some suggestions on what to include: Various flavors of extracts such as peppermint, vanilla, and butter
- chocolate chips
- chopped nuts
- cookies such as Oreos or Chips Ahoy
- lemon zest
- coconut flakes
Pour A Little Extra
Poke cakes are really popular, and they are an excellent way to elevate a boxed cake mix.After the cake has cooled, you can poke holes in it and fill them with a liquid or syrup to give them even more flavor.For example, a caramel sauce over a chocolate cake, strawberry syrup on a vanilla or strawberry cake, or sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese icing on red velvet cake are all delicious options.What a mouth-watering treat!
Final Thoughts on How to Make Boxed Cake Mix Taste Homemade
Have fun experimenting with these baking methods, which will ensure that your next boxed cake mix tastes just as good as a beautiful handcrafted cake! What is your favorite sort of cake? Let me know in the comments below! Until next time, — Anna More recipes and food-related stuff may be found here. Pin it for later!
10 Tricks To Make A Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade
Home » Featured Articles » 10 Tricks To Make A Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade Take your box cake mix to the next level by utilizing my 10 Tricks To Make A Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade.If you’re ever wondering how to make your box cake mix taste better, this post is for you!There’s nothing quite like a big slice of handmade chocolate cake topped with rich, chocolate icing and a tall glass of milk to get your day started right.I’m not sure about you, but I don’t always have the luxury of time to prepare a recipe from scratch.What’s more, if I do have the time, would it always end out fantastic?So, I have a little trick up my sleeve on How To Make a Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade!
- I turn to a doctored up cake mix to produce the tastiest cake and cupcakes around!
How To Make a Box Cake Mix Taste Better
What if I told you that the majority of skilled cake bakers rely on boxed cake mixes?Yes, they do!Not until I observed one of our town’s most prominent wedding cake makers checking out at the grocery with powdered sugar, butter, eggs, and numerous boxes of Duncan Hines White Cake Mix that I realized what was going on!I was convinced that her cakes were created from scratch!Nope.When it comes to making a wedding cake, they are obsessed with finding ways to improve on boxed cake mix.
If you’re ready to learn how to make a box cake taste like a wedding cake – you’ve come to the right place!
Finding out from a trustworthy friend who is well-known for her excellent cakes that they even educate bakers in schools that you truly can’t top a Duncan Hines and Betty Crocker Cake mix these days was a pleasant surprise.It really is the greatest box cake mix.According to the manufacturer, the box mixes include the ideal combination of ingredients for a properly completed cake every time.So, you HAVE TO TRY IT!How to make a box cake mix taste better is the most effective method!I thought it was time to put my little trick to the test and I dug out a box cake mix, mixed in some ingredients that made it taste a bit more “homemade”, baked it, and added my own buttercream icing.
- (Watch me prepare buttercream frosting in the video below!) Yep!
- It tasted just like it had been prepared from scratch!
- I’d made up my mind.
When it comes to baking a cake from scratch, there is nothing like a handmade cake from scratch – but there is also nothing like doctoring up a boxed cake mix to make it taste as good as homemade.If you’ve been trying to figure out how to make a box cake moist and fluffy, these tips and methods can help you out.I’m going to share the finest cake mix hacks with you today, including how to make box cake taste better that you’ll really love!
Here are THE BEST Tricks On How To Make Box Cake Better!
Try adding a few of these tips to your box cake mix taste better!
- Instead of water, milk should be used. Instead of water, full milk should be used. It gives it a thicker texture, similar to that of baked cookies, while also improving the taste. You may also substitute buttermilk for the whole milk
- however, you will need to use more eggs. To make a cake that is even more rich and moist, add two more egg yolks to the mix in addition to the eggs called for in the recipe.
- To the dry ingredients, add the sugar and flour. To your cake mix, add 1/4 to 1 cup sugar and flour
- stir well.
- When making chocolate cakes, use coffee instead of water. Use strong brewed coffee instead of water to intensify the taste of chocolate cakes
- sour cream is ideal for adding moisture and a rich flavor to chocolate cake recipes. 1/2 cup sour cream can be added to make the dish more thick and rich in taste. Alternatively, mayonnaise may be used to produce Copycat Portillo’s Chocolate Cake.
- The addition of pudding provides moisture and taste. A small instant pudding box may be added to the batter to enhance moisture and flavor
- the addition of vanilla and salt gives the cake a more handmade flavor. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon salt should be added to the mixture.
- Instead of oil, use butter. If you like a deeper flavor, use melted butter with the vegetable oil. Add two tablespoons of mayonnaise for an extra luxurious cake
- mix-ins to customise and level up the flavor for a more sophisticated cake. Personalize your cake by using a handful of chocolate chips, fruit, or nuts
- Homemade Frosting is a game changer! Make your own buttercream frosting at home! This is a must-have ingredient for baking. There is no comparison between vanilla buttercream and chocolate buttercream
- yet, vanilla buttercream is preferable.
- That’s all there is to it! The next time you’re wondering how to improve a boxed cake mix, give a few of these suggestions a try. I have a feeling you’ll be going for the box mix more often in the future! Watch this video where I create this cake LIVE on Good Day Marketplace if you want to see some of these techniques in action. Here’s one of my favorite recipes that uses a box cake mix: Chocolate Cake! Winning Box Cake Mix is a delicious cake mix that is easy to make. Chocolate Cupcakes, 7up Bundt Cake, Coconut Creme Cupcakes, and Ooey Gooey Butter Cake are some of the desserts you may make.
- The ingredients are as follows: 15 ounce box devil’s food cake mix, 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding dry, 4 eggs, 3/4 cup canola oil, 3 cups milk, 1 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans
- In a large mixing basin, whisk together the dry ingredients
- Add the other ingredients and beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way filled with an ice cream scoop (see the link above).
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean
- Allow for entire cooling before icing